Community > Posts By > peppermint10

peppermint10's photo
Thu 01/12/17 03:16 PM
Edited by peppermint10 on Thu 01/12/17 03:19 PM

I like a good debate but dislike arguing.

semantics aside,, what do you feel is the difference?

I consider a debate a conversation of different opinions with rules of conduct and respect which follows a logical flow of relevant points

and an argument is a conversation of different opinions with no rules(and generally plenty of disrespect and insults) which follows only the flow of emotions

there are some who have learned the discipline of recognizing one from the other, and steering clear of the latter

I am still learning, but I greatly respect you for sure

I agree completely. I enjoy a good debate, where I think you can discuss a topic and agree to disagree. An argument is when you won't agree and never will. If left to continue, can escalate to hurt feelings or worse.

peppermint10's photo
Fri 01/06/17 12:48 PM

Dear Abby said years ago that if you manage to separate a married man from his wife, all you get is a man who cheated on his wife and you will be next!

ahhhhh...but guess how many convince themselves that they are so outstanding, different and wonderful that he would never do this to them slaphead

Most of them!!

peppermint10's photo
Thu 01/05/17 04:50 PM
Dear Abby said years ago that if you manage to separate a married man from his wife, all you get is a man who cheated on his wife and you will be next!

peppermint10's photo
Thu 01/05/17 04:45 PM
Don't make someone a priority in your life when you're only an option in theirs. Best advice I ever heard.

peppermint10's photo
Sat 12/31/16 01:48 PM
I'm guessing any more than 20-30 yrs difference and one has lots of money!

peppermint10's photo
Sat 12/31/16 01:45 PM
I had never heard the story of the ants but knew about the Elephant in the Room. I even bought an ugly elephant planter once, hoping to start a conversation about why I bought it. My SO at the time, never mentioned it and we continued living with the elephant in the room until I told him he had to leave. He never understood why. I said I would never be in a relationship like that again if we couldn't discuss our problems. I guess that's why I'm still alone!

peppermint10's photo
Mon 09/12/16 10:37 AM
I used to think I wanted to remarry, mainly for the commitment of belonging to each other, but if a man can't be faithful in a relationship, chances are he wouldn't be if married either.

peppermint10's photo
Mon 09/12/16 10:17 AM
Originally from W. Pa., now in E. Tennessee for the last 12 yrs.

peppermint10's photo
Mon 08/15/16 11:27 AM
I've heard of it working for some people but I've tried it a few times and it hasn't worked out. When you can't see each other in person, it's rare that it will work out.

peppermint10's photo
Mon 08/15/16 11:23 AM
I think I have found 'the one' but my greatest fears are my own insecurities. He's never given me reason to doubt him yet I do. One day I'll suspect he's seeing someone else and the next day, I know it's not true. I don't know how to get over this. I've been hurt before by cheating and can't seem to shake the feeling that it will happen again.

peppermint10's photo
Mon 08/15/16 11:18 AM

I have some very high and thick walls built around me. My biggest fear is I will never find the door and let someone in.

This is a very good description of a common problem.

peppermint10's photo
Wed 04/27/16 05:52 PM
A male friend of mine recently explained that men cheat because at one time or another, he has to prove to himself that he can still attract a woman. In the 40+ yrs he was married, he was separated many times and almost divorced a few but he always had what he calls 'back-ups' and admitted to meeting women in hotel bars when he was on business trips. He is now a widower and I often wonder if he ever considers the hurt he would have caused if his wife found out. I have a feeling the thought never crosses his mind. It's just selfishness on the part of anyone who wouldn't consider the ramifications of getting caught!

peppermint10's photo
Tue 08/13/13 05:50 PM

Google: Moussaka. It's like lasagne but no pasta, uses eggplant instead. I like it maybe you will?

I've made the mousaka and the lasagna with zucchini instead of noodles. Both are really good and you don't miss the noodles.

peppermint10's photo
Mon 05/20/13 12:19 PM
Actually if someone clicks YES that they want to Meet you, you get a message in your inbox and you have the choice of saying yes or no back to them or deleting it and moving on. You can also message them at that point. I am not a paid member.

peppermint10's photo
Sat 02/12/11 12:32 PM
Well, darn, I guess it's too late to play the game that wasn't. :cry:

peppermint10's photo
Sun 12/05/10 01:18 PM
I grew up in Washington and lived in Carnegie until I moved to Tennessee almost 7 yrs ago

peppermint10's photo
Tue 07/06/10 07:37 PM
I think the longer I'm alone the more I hate it, but it would be easy to become a hermit. After a day at work, I just want to lock the doors behind me when I get home.

peppermint10's photo
Sat 07/03/10 08:24 AM
I think each case is different. It will work for some and not for others. In my case, I have this fear that at some point, instead of seeing someone he loves, he would see an old woman. Because of that, 5 yrs younger is about my limit. And besides, I need someone who remembers old tv shows, music, etc.

peppermint10's photo
Sat 06/19/10 04:52 PM
Years ago I worked with a girl who said her Grandmother used to say better an empty house than unwanted company!!

peppermint10's photo
Sat 06/12/10 06:13 PM
I miss being a 'we', being half of a partnership, hearing a gentle snore coming from the other side of the bed. NOTE: I said gentle!!!

Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8