Community > Posts By > Gumbyvs

Gumbyvs's photo
Mon 06/15/09 09:51 PM
Guiness AND Jage together!

Gumbyvs's photo
Mon 06/15/09 09:45 PM

..it's sad when one's quality of life is ruled by cash and commodities..WWJD...smokin

He'd buy gm stock now.

or he'd exchange his dollars for yuan currency before it is too late

Actually, I think the Euro is gonna be the standard soon.

Gumbyvs's photo
Mon 06/15/09 09:37 PM

..it's sad when one's quality of life is ruled by cash and commodities..WWJD...smokin

He'd buy gm stock now.

Gumbyvs's photo
Mon 06/15/09 08:15 PM

Gumbyvs's photo
Mon 06/15/09 08:14 PM
More like, let's have a bake sale.

Gumbyvs's photo
Mon 06/15/09 08:08 PM

BHO was raised a Muslim! The WH has published many articles saying "He is now christian!". To bow to this Muslim leader in servitude, representing us all, was a "personal" feeling showing his weakness or appreciation of his post as our leader!

The WH is backpeddling on this so fast they hope to hide his error in the smoke of their tires!

It's like telling your date you don't have aids or herpes any more!

But that doesn't matter that he was raised muslim and shoulda know better! Don't you see, he's Obama, he can do no wrong!

Gumbyvs's photo
Mon 06/15/09 08:07 PM

You mean you of course.

At possessing wit and common sense.

Gumbyvs's photo
Mon 06/15/09 08:01 PM

Its kinda like banging your head against the wall, only worse, cause the wall argues that it really isn't a wall.

Gumbyvs's photo
Mon 06/15/09 07:58 PM

I seem to be the only one that did my research on this.

For Obama to bow to the Saudi leader was an insult to him by their customs.

The only entity that Muslims believe you bow to is god, to bow to ANY human is an insult.

So the Saudi leader actually had to excuse Obama for his lack of respect on this one.

OMG, we did the research, but you dismissed us earlier, because you didn't do research. frustrated frustrated slaphead slaphead slaphead oops

You lie noone did the research.

Gumbyvs's photo
Mon 06/15/09 07:51 PM

I seem to be the only one that did my research on this.

For Obama to bow to the Saudi leader was an insult to him by their customs.

The only entity that Muslims believe you bow to is god, to bow to ANY human is an insult.

So the Saudi leader actually had to excuse Obama for his lack of respect on this one.

OMG, we did the research, but you dismissed us earlier, because you didn't do research. frustrated frustrated slaphead slaphead slaphead oops

Gumbyvs's photo
Mon 06/15/09 07:43 PM

The times, they are a changing.

What will happen if Americans refuse to change with the times?

We are a country less than 300 years old - many societies throughout hisroty have not lasted that long.

In less than 200 years America rose to a seat of dominance in world power. How long did you think that would last?

How did we become America, the dominant? Consider the history.

A world where emporers and kings ruled without justice, were equality and human rights had nothing to do with ethical rulership.

Those who settled American and those who created its creed, were determined NEVER to be sovereign subjects to anyone and bowing was to any human was scorned and considered an act of a traitor.

But what of human rights? What of equality? Ask the Native Americans thses questions.

But times have changed and will continue to do so, the world has moved on. We are no longer the dominant world force, what industry do we even have to support such a claim? What value is the almighty U.S.dollar if it is no longer the standard for which trade is equated? We are in depression and what do we have to bring us back to the power and prestige we once had?

It is time to join the global community. It is time to worry about the effects of human behavior on the environment, on each other.

Why should it matter the form in which respect is given, as long as the communication is understood? We need, now more than every, to communicate with understanding.

New World Order! Yea, that's what we want!

Gumbyvs's photo
Mon 06/15/09 07:26 PM
I still find it amusing that someone brought up something much more benign, about how Bush pronounced nuclear. But the OP brought up something with a little substance, and it ends up being no problem. I love Dems, their hypocrisy has no end.

Gumbyvs's photo
Mon 06/15/09 07:21 PM

Guide to International Greeting Customs

As you prepare to go abroad for your internship program, it’s worth taking a moment to study up on the regional greeting customs so you can avoid any awkward encounters with new friends and acquaintances.

UK: You will not encounter much physical contact in London. A handshake or nod of the head accompanied with a “hi” or “how are you” is all you’ll see here.

Australia: Greetings are usually informal, “hello”, “hi”, or “g’day”. In formal situations such as business settings, shaking hands and a “Good Morning” or “Good Afternoon” are traditional greetings.

Italy: Greeting kisses are the norm among family and friends. When meeting someone for the first time, you usually stick to a handshake. You might end the conversation with a kiss on each cheek. Some say right cheek first, others say no rule, but don’t go in too hard or you could have a clash of sorts.

Spain: Greeting with 2 kisses, strictly right cheek first, is acceptable at all times.

France: Within Paris 4 kisses have been adopted as the standard greeting between friends, left cheek first. The rest of France generally sticks to 2 kisses.

The bow was nothing but a motion of mutual respect. All countries are different.

The "KING" didn't even nod in reply..... where is the respect you speak of?

This is getting like totally ridiculous. There is no kings anymore.

There is no monarchy except England.

It was a show of mutual respect and we should be respectful of other nations, it is our presidents job.

Ok, so it is ok to insult the Queen who is monarchy, but we must bow to an Arab NOT King..... makes sense to me! rofl

Hey, might as well follow suit! When you make up your mind based on if you like the President or not, you can say whatever ya like!

Gumbyvs's photo
Mon 06/15/09 07:19 PM
You know, I find it funny that no matter how bad Obama does something, its a good thing.

But anything Bush did was a bad thing, whether it was good or bad.

Gumbyvs's photo
Mon 06/15/09 07:16 PM
rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl

I wish I was delusional too, life would be so much easier.

Gumbyvs's photo
Mon 06/15/09 07:12 PM

Good Lord. If you want to attack the man, find something of substance to do it about. First it was shaking hands with Hugo Chavez. Now it's bowing to the Saudi king. I don't give a f-ck who he bows to, I care what kind of foreign policy he's going to conduct.

Ok, his economic policies, his social policies, and how he's gonna destroy heathcare, but this thread is about the bow, not what else he's done wrong.

Gumbyvs's photo
Mon 06/15/09 07:10 PM

Guide to International Greeting Customs

As you prepare to go abroad for your internship program, it’s worth taking a moment to study up on the regional greeting customs so you can avoid any awkward encounters with new friends and acquaintances.

UK: You will not encounter much physical contact in London. A handshake or nod of the head accompanied with a “hi” or “how are you” is all you’ll see here.

Australia: Greetings are usually informal, “hello”, “hi”, or “g’day”. In formal situations such as business settings, shaking hands and a “Good Morning” or “Good Afternoon” are traditional greetings.

Italy: Greeting kisses are the norm among family and friends. When meeting someone for the first time, you usually stick to a handshake. You might end the conversation with a kiss on each cheek. Some say right cheek first, others say no rule, but don’t go in too hard or you could have a clash of sorts.

Spain: Greeting with 2 kisses, strictly right cheek first, is acceptable at all times.

France: Within Paris 4 kisses have been adopted as the standard greeting between friends, left cheek first. The rest of France generally sticks to 2 kisses.

The bow was nothing but a motion of mutual respect. All countries are different.

If its mutual respect, then why is the White House denying it happened?

Gumbyvs's photo
Mon 06/15/09 07:03 PM
Edited by Gumbyvs on Mon 06/15/09 07:05 PM

So that is why 15 Saudis hijacked the planes on 9/11, we forgot to bow when they got on the planes?

Guess it was our fault!

Nevermind, it was 15. I can actually put something in google and find the answer, instead of answering with emotion.

Gumbyvs's photo
Mon 06/15/09 07:02 PM

Judge for yourself

Libelblogger Charles Johnson of the once-worthwhile site Little Green Footballs, careless with the facts as ever, has claimed that Bush also bowed to the Islamic supremacist monarch. In reality, Bush didn't. But it is certainly true that Obama is not the first U.S. President to kowtow to the masters of our energy fortunes, and over the years we criticized Bush here many times for doing so.

Still, there is enormous symbolic value in bowing to the King, as even the Obama administration is apparently aware -- because now they are denying what plainly happened:

"White House: No bow to Saudi," by Ben Smith at Politico, April 8 (thanks to Doc Washburn):

The White House is denying that the president bowed to King Abdullah of Saudi Arabia at a G-20 meeting in London, a scene that drew criticism on the right and praise from some Arab outlets.
"It wasn't a bow. He grasped his hand with two hands, and he's taller than King Abdullah," said an Obama aide, who spoke on the condition of anonymity.

The Washington Times called the alleged bow a "shocking display of fealty to a foreign potentate" and said it violated centuries of American tradition of not deferring to royalty. The Weekly Standard, meanwhile, noted that American protocol apparently rules out bowing, or at least it reportedly did on the occasion of a Clinton "near-bow" to the emperor of Japan....

But but but but it was just a bow!

It feels odd to throw out common sense and act like everything is fine and dandy. I so wish I could be that easily amused and uniformed.

Gumbyvs's photo
Mon 06/15/09 06:55 PM
And if the bow is innocent, why is the white house saying it wasn't a bow?