Community > Posts By > Gumbyvs

Gumbyvs's photo
Mon 06/15/09 10:40 AM

If you love democracy you would hate the stolen elections, regardless this isnt what the thread is about. Geeesusindifferent

from opening post

In the US, two "defeated" candidates---Al Gore and John Kerry---said and did nothing in the face of two stolen elections. But an unprecedented election protection movement arose from the ashes of those defeats to assure the 2008 victory of America's first African- American president.

maybe not but gumbyvs was not the first to bring it up

actually the op is correlating it a lot with the bush administration

so why would someone not do the same thing the other way around

God damnit, at least I'm not the only person that can read something and realize its intent. Oy, the big picture is ONLY as good as the frame that holds it.

And the only hanky panky going on in both of Bush's elections were that Kerry and Gore were even close to winning.

Gumbyvs's photo
Mon 06/15/09 10:17 AM
That's reality. Finding someone just happens, and your life will mold around that person to include them. Just take life as it comes. Life comes at ya pretty fast, and if you're not paying attention, it'll pass ya by. (Ferris)

Gumbyvs's photo
Mon 06/15/09 10:08 AM

Not at all, but a biased report, is a biased report.

You can start off a report about racism with how the reporter thinks racism is a good thing, it doesn't matter what else is in the report. The big picture is people still have gotten over how the left wing nazis couldn't win, so they blame everything but themselves.

Did you even read the whole article or did you stop at that line? The situation our country is in is the direct result of the actions of Bush. His election was by many people thought to be shady at best. It is not so unthinkable that given the state of world affairs that people might wonder if how the world would be different if Bush hadn't been decided the victor. That though is only half the article. What are your thoughts on the situation in Iran or do believe they are sore losers also?

Yes I read the whole article, it had a "couple" valid points. But the whole problem is, the whole piece is premised on "Dems couldn't win, so everything is Republicans fault". Which at best, is asinine. Iran's elections were prolly rigged, but because some people in Florida couldn't figure out how to use a simple ballot, all of this points to Bush and the republicans, and wild conspiracies? Hack journalism is just that, biased, factually unsupported, and just a viewpoint, not reality.

Gumbyvs's photo
Mon 06/15/09 09:39 AM
Not at all, but a biased report, is a biased report.

You can start off a report about racism with how the reporter thinks racism is a good thing, it doesn't matter what else is in the report. The big picture is people still have gotten over how the left wing nazis couldn't win, so they blame everything but themselves.

Gumbyvs's photo
Mon 06/15/09 09:17 AM
In both countries, a right-wing fundamentalist authoritarian with open contempt for human rights and the Geneva Convention has come up a winner, with catastrophic consequences. In both countries, the blowback of two George Bushes loom large.

In the US, two "defeated" candidates---Al Gore and John Kerry---said and did nothing in the face of two stolen elections. But an unprecedented election protection movement arose from the ashes of those defeats to assure the 2008 victory of America's first African- American president.

----------------------------------

That was a couple of the opening paragraphs, so again, set sail to fail.

Gumbyvs's photo
Mon 06/15/09 09:06 AM
People still haven't gotten over Kerry and Al Bore losing? Geezus.

*image deleted for page alignment*

Gumbyvs's photo
Mon 06/15/09 08:54 AM

fire fox is a bit fast i think

found a site that other people are haveing the same prolems but no answers on why

Its a windows issue, I had a while back, but I did what I'm telling you to do, and it hasn't done it since.

Gumbyvs's photo
Mon 06/15/09 08:31 AM
Edited by Gumbyvs on Mon 06/15/09 08:32 AM
Ok try this.

Go to firefox-->tools-->options-->advanced-->Netword click on Settings:
if "No proxy" is enabled, change it to "Auto-detect proxy settings for his network"

Gumbyvs's photo
Mon 06/15/09 08:28 AM

Do you have AVG anti virus installed? Not to run a scan, but there have been issues with that.

I have AVG it runs everyday. I wonder if that has anything to do with my problem?

You just need to update it to the newest version, they just had a conflict with something that made life hell for a few million people.

Gumbyvs's photo
Mon 06/15/09 08:20 AM
Edited by Gumbyvs on Mon 06/15/09 08:20 AM
Do you have AVG anti virus installed? Not to run a scan, but there have been issues with that.

Gumbyvs's photo
Mon 06/15/09 08:11 AM
Edited by Gumbyvs on Mon 06/15/09 08:12 AM
Well seems that its working for me, I just checked. Do you go to hotmail.com and try and log in? What does it say when you do try?

Gumbyvs's photo
Sun 06/14/09 03:23 PM
I don't think I've ever had the time to read 50 emails in one sitting. I give the man some props, he has focus!

Gumbyvs's photo
Sun 06/14/09 02:30 PM

no one said the e-mails had a positive tone to them

just a point to ponder

i am pretty sure that they were all positive

just wait you will see

:wink: laugh

So an email stating,

"Ummm, thanks but no thanks! Hopefully NOT be seeing you!"

Was included in the total?

Gumbyvs's photo
Sun 06/14/09 02:05 PM
People got exactly what they wanted, someone who's good at speaking and no other qualifications.

Gumbyvs's photo
Sun 06/14/09 01:44 PM

...does that come with....speed sex...

Naw, comes with ky and a side of herpes though.

Gumbyvs's photo
Sun 06/14/09 01:37 PM

ever do it ? would you do it again what was it like?what what

You whip it out...plunge it in...apologize with the lame "This has NEVER happened before"

I can usually make that happen in about 16.8 seconds....

I am hoping to shave time off that score.

No no, this is speed dating, not speed in out done'ing.

Gumbyvs's photo
Sun 06/14/09 01:34 PM

well Gum how many women do you need?

Well, 1 at a time, because I know I can't keep 2 women happy at the same time, its just too damn hard. But think, what if you were destined to find your true love, and it was a fat hairy guy 3 inches shorter than you, that walked with a limp?

Gumbyvs's photo
Sun 06/14/09 01:29 PM

From Mass women?
drinker i wish,PATS. be seeing you

Query, do you say "be touching you" to blind people?

Gumbyvs's photo
Sun 06/14/09 01:22 PM
Edited by Gumbyvs on Sun 06/14/09 01:22 PM

um the koolaid is kicking in?huh hello patsfan how are you?

Yea I was informed that I was destined to be with only 1 person outta the 6 billion on the planet, and I figured suicide by koolaid was the way to go.

Gumbyvs's photo
Sun 06/14/09 01:18 PM

Texas women know how to party...

This I know, I have scars from one.