Community > Posts By > Gumbyvs

Gumbyvs's photo
Mon 06/15/09 06:52 PM

Perhaps we should be thankful that now we have a President with the sense to research foreign customs and traditions as opposed to one that can't pronounce "Nuclear." It was a sign of respect, maybe Obama didn't think a handshake was enough...

Its not a custom for foreign leaders to bow to a dictator, unless you're a peasant under their rule.

This is not true.

rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl

What color is the sky in your world? I wanna visit sometime!

My world is reality, I have no clue what yours is.

Prove it. Prove that bows are not customs in these countries.

Ok, he didn't bow to the Queen of England, which is custmary. But he did to the saudi king?

Gumbyvs's photo
Mon 06/15/09 06:45 PM

Perhaps we should be thankful that now we have a President with the sense to research foreign customs and traditions as opposed to one that can't pronounce "Nuclear." It was a sign of respect, maybe Obama didn't think a handshake was enough...

Its not a custom for foreign leaders to bow to a dictator, unless you're a peasant under their rule.

This is not true.

rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl

What color is the sky in your world? I wanna visit sometime!

Gumbyvs's photo
Mon 06/15/09 06:42 PM

Gumbyvs's photo
Mon 06/15/09 06:39 PM

Oh lord here we go again.

No there is nothing wrong with bowing if that is the statement of respect in that country.

Obama did nothing wrong. They both were confused as what to do and it turned out that each did what the others country respects.

NO BIGGIE already.

It is NOT the custom except as a peasant to its KING!

Exactly, but Obama can do no wrong in the eyes of his sheeple.

Gumbyvs's photo
Mon 06/15/09 06:37 PM
Well he's been bending over for so many others, its odd he even knew how to bow towards someone.

Gumbyvs's photo
Mon 06/15/09 12:31 PM

Gumbyvs's photo
Mon 06/15/09 12:29 PM

And the only hanky panky going on in both of Bush's elections were that Kerry and Gore were even close to winning.

This statement is not true.

There was quite a bit of mess going on. Whether it would have changed the election or not who knows but it should still not be happening.

That bit of mess has been going on since the electoral college was put into use, and people only complain about it, when their candidate doesn't win. And the statement is true. Kerry and Gore lead horrible campaigns, just like McCain did.

You do realize the electoral college has been with us since Washington?

It was actually with us pre-washington's presidency, but what does that have to do with anything?

Gumbyvs's photo
Mon 06/15/09 11:26 AM

I don't think this is an "I'm right, you're not" kind of thing at all.

See we can't even converse about not conversing! frustrated :thumbsup: rofl

Gumbyvs's photo
Mon 06/15/09 11:23 AM

Yeah, and I'm taking everyone's word here on how this communication is supposed to go because..... think

noway Oh yeah, we've all been so successful at relationships..... whoa

Why do you all think you are right? Maybe you should just do the opposite of your inclinations. Maybe I should, it'll probably work better.

I'm a man, I'm never right! Well, according to some of my ex's.

It's not about gender. It's about anyone so convinced of their "rightness" that they keep repeating their mistakes.

But I never said I was right. I just said I'm honest to a fault.

Gumbyvs's photo
Mon 06/15/09 11:22 AM

Comes down to people not having a conversation. You talk, you disagree a bit, you compromise, you go on. But today, its you bicker, you yell, then you go on the Springer show.

If the conversation part would happen more often, the other things would happen less often. Seems simple enough, right?

this is very true...but it has to be on both sides. IMO men work from the brain and women from emotions....not always the case...but a lot of times

men are from mars and women are from venus

Generalizing a bit here.

Ever notice that when an argument starts and the woman gets worked up and angry, and the man is just calm? That calm right there is fuel for the fire.

Gumbyvs's photo
Mon 06/15/09 11:20 AM

Yeah, and I'm taking everyone's word here on how this communication is supposed to go because..... think

noway Oh yeah, we've all been so successful at relationships..... whoa

Why do you all think you are right? Maybe you should just do the opposite of your inclinations. Maybe I should, it'll probably work better.

I'm a man, I'm never right! Well, according to some of my ex's.

Gumbyvs's photo
Mon 06/15/09 11:19 AM

Comes down to people not having a conversation. You talk, you disagree a bit, you compromise, you go on. But today, its you bicker, you yell, then you go on the Springer show.

I'm just here for the Jerry beadsbigsmile

You gotta work for em!

Gumbyvs's photo
Mon 06/15/09 11:19 AM

If the conversation part would happen more often, the other things would happen less often. Seems simple enough, right?

Well, to rational, somewhat educated people, yes. But then there's the rest of em. Hell, my grandparents hated each other, but they stayed married til one of em died. They argued a lot, but they rarely yelled, and worked everything out.

Gumbyvs's photo
Mon 06/15/09 11:15 AM

Gumbyvs's photo
Mon 06/15/09 11:12 AM

It comes down to these options.

Man tells woman how he feels, woman objects, gets hurt and/or mad.
Man tells woman how he feels, woman agrees, gets hurt and/or sad.
Man tells woman what she wants to hear, woman is all happy and smiles.
Man tells woman what she wants to hear, but this time she knows it, woman is happy until he leaves the room, then gets angry and/or sad.

No!

Scenario: Couple has conversation. They say things that need to be said. These things are discussed. Period.

If the woman beats a dead horse over it.... that's another conversation! The point is when people avoid rather than discuss. It's hurtful. We aren't dumb... we know you are avoiding us.

I know, but those options amused me! And you're a strong woman and you'd beat the truth outta the guy, so you can't talk!

Gumbyvs's photo
Mon 06/15/09 11:08 AM
It comes down to these options.

Man tells woman how he feels, woman objects, gets hurt and/or mad.
Man tells woman how he feels, woman agrees, gets hurt and/or sad.
Man tells woman what she wants to hear, woman is all happy and smiles.
Man tells woman what she wants to hear, but this time she knows it, woman is happy until he leaves the room, then gets angry and/or sad.

Gumbyvs's photo
Mon 06/15/09 11:00 AM
Edited by Gumbyvs on Mon 06/15/09 11:00 AM

well if u want my opinion (which u don't) so far in my experience all men are ba$tards! rant

Lying bastards at that, right?

Gumbyvs's photo
Mon 06/15/09 10:58 AM

You know what I'd like to see more of? Men being upfront and honest about things. Now, I'm not saying all men are like this, but from what I've seen and what other women have told me, many men avoid confrontation like the plague. It isn't that difficult to just be upfront about what you're thinking. If something isn't working out, let us know. It can't be that hard.

I do it, it is not all that easy either. Seems the majority of women I've dated don't like the honesty.ohwell

That's been my experience, too. The bottom line is that I'm supposed to want what THEY want. And sometimes it just doesn't work out that way. Well, all the time, really.

the sad part....it impacts those that respect honesty whether we like it or not. ohwell

Undoubtedly -- but it's hard to know who's who until it becomes clear that "Tell me what's on your mind" actually means "Tell me what I want to hear."

Which goes to the, "Does this dress make me look fat?" question. Anytime I hear that question, I tend to run.

Gumbyvs's photo
Mon 06/15/09 10:52 AM

And the only hanky panky going on in both of Bush's elections were that Kerry and Gore were even close to winning.

This statement is not true.

There was quite a bit of mess going on. Whether it would have changed the election or not who knows but it should still not be happening.

That bit of mess has been going on since the electoral college was put into use, and people only complain about it, when their candidate doesn't win. And the statement is true. Kerry and Gore lead horrible campaigns, just like McCain did.

Gumbyvs's photo
Mon 06/15/09 10:47 AM

You know what I'd like to see more of? Men being upfront and honest about things. Now, I'm not saying all men are like this, but from what I've seen and what other women have told me, many men avoid confrontation like the plague. It isn't that difficult to just be upfront about what you're thinking. If something isn't working out, let us know. It can't be that hard.

I'm brutally honest at times, and I say it how it is. But most times when I'm upfront and honest about things, women I've dated get hurt because I tell em how I feel. So I can see why men avoid confrontation, well, that and the whole Bobbit thing.