Community > Posts By > mrtxstar

mrtxstar's photo
Sun 01/06/08 12:05 PM
Consider yourself told.

mrtxstar's photo
Sun 01/06/08 11:34 AM
Employers that hire illegals because they are cheaper and so easy to exploit amounts to modern day slavery. Illegals are doing jobs that American's won't do beacuse they are doing those jobs at a wage that American's won't work for.

The solution:
1. Pass laws that make hiring illegals undesirable.
2. Enforce the laws already making illegal immigration a crime.
3. Build 2 double wall fences across the entire American border. One in the north(Canada) and one in the south(Mexico).

Do I have your vote?

mrtxstar's photo
Sun 01/06/08 11:10 AM
What do you know of Huckabee's record in Arkansas? I want to believe he would be a good choice. Has he done a good job in Arkansas?

mrtxstar's photo
Sun 01/06/08 10:39 AM

I believe in giving credit where credit is due, Saddam and Iraq paid for 9/11, period. No way to get around that, bin laden was never baby shrubs target. Baby shrub had an agenda that did not include Americans or at least not the average American, he has shown it over and over again. If you are too blinded by the spin, I cannot help with that.

As for illegal immigration, we have covered this many many times, we must close the borders down before we can address the issue in our country. Then we must not become Nazi Germany with hostile roundups. This is a complex issue and must be addressed in steps. All illegals are not criminals, they come here because they are disadvantaged in their country. Humane and considerate actions must be taken.

WTF? illegals not criminals? The very definition of illegal is "criminal". But I do agree, you have to stop the flow into the country before you can deal with those already here.

mrtxstar's photo
Sun 01/06/08 10:32 AM
Last 6+ years no attacks. That really bugs the left. I think you want America to be attacked just so you can adjudge "it's Bush's fault". But it's not going to happen.

mrtxstar's photo
Sun 01/06/08 10:18 AM
Since 9/11, America has not been attacked. That is credit to the Bush administration. Numerous plots have been foiled and I'm sure there are many more that we don't even know about. No matter what Bush's other failings may haven been, in this one respect, America will keep the trust of the GOP in the White House.

mrtxstar's photo
Sun 01/06/08 10:03 AM
mnhiker...
Thank you for your service to this country. Thank you for your more balanced presentation of events. I even agree with much of what you say. What's done is done. Where do we go from here? The coming presidental election is critical. Do we get change or more of the same? I would argue the trend of Bush, Clinton,Clinton, Bush, Bush, needs to be broken. Hillary is not the path to change. Obama... honestly I don't know what to make of him. I just want someone that will keep us safe and promote America's best interest. Who? I'm undecided.

mrtxstar's photo
Sun 01/06/08 09:38 AM
Edited by mrtxstar on Sun 01/06/08 09:39 AM
:smile: :smile: :smile: Democrats won't win the White House in '08 for one simple fact... Terrorist want them in charge. With any of the main 3 democrat canidates in charge, America will be ripe for another 9/11 or worse. I know you left-wingers don't like to hear this bitter truth but the TRUTH it is. When you know this, the truth shall set you free. I have no doubt, Americans will keep the GOP in the White House. :smile: :smile: :smile:

mrtxstar's photo
Sun 01/06/08 03:13 AM
Isn't that what people are talking about when they complain about judges that legislate from the bench?

mrtxstar's photo
Sun 01/06/08 03:09 AM
GOP:smile:

mrtxstar's photo
Sun 01/06/08 03:07 AM

Why is this in current news and events? Who cares?

I couldn't agree more. :wink:

mrtxstar's photo
Sun 01/06/08 01:05 AM
Edited by mrtxstar on Sun 01/06/08 01:13 AM

I think if anything history shows it is difficult to keep the White House after two terms. I feel right now there is a major political shift occurring in each party as well as in the nation as a whole. For the past 25 years we have seen for the most part a Republican upswing; but patterns and trends change and it looks like it is time for a Democratic upswing now.

You sound smart but you fail to realize the swing of the political pendulum is not as synchronous as you might think. The low performace ratings of congress bare out America's dissatisfaction with the Democrates. The Democratic majority in the Senate cannot get any thinner. There is certainly an opportunity and a possibility for the Republicans to retake the Senate in '08, but structural factors argue against the Republicans. There are 33 Senate seats contested in 2008. Of these, 21 are held by Republicans and 12 by Democrats. Simple numbers - the Republicans have a lot more at risk, and will be playing defense. The Democrats have many more opportunities to take seats than Republicans. Advantage Democrats. This leads to an obvious conclusion. The only way to ensure divided government beyond 2008, is to elect a Republican President in 2008. We will need a Republican President in 2008 to maintain a divided government state. To quote Thomas Jefferson...
Divided we stand, united we fall.

mrtxstar's photo
Sun 01/06/08 12:40 AM

they should have tazered her

No one should be tazered. Those things should be outlawed. They have been shown to be cruel and inhumane instruments of torture and confusion and panic. I am totally against them. All police officers issued them should have to be tazered 10 times. Then maybe they will think before they use them!

An independent study done by Wake Forrest seems to contradict your statements. Read about the study at the link below if you care to be enlightened. And don't attack me, I'm just the messenger.
http://www1.wfubmc.edu/news/NewsArticle.htm?Articleid=2165

mrtxstar's photo
Sun 01/06/08 12:17 AM
Now that the Redskins have been dispatched by the Seahawks, we know that Dallas will play the winner of Sunday game between the Bucs and Giants. Which team is the better match up for Dallas? Certainly, being division opponents, the Giants and Cowboys are more familiar with each other. But does that make the better match up? Whomever ends up with the task of playing the Cowboys, will have to come to Dallas to do it. We will know the identity of that team by the end of the day. As a confident Cowboys fan, I believe there is no bad match up for this years Cowboys in the NFC.

mrtxstar's photo
Sat 01/05/08 09:08 PM
Edited by mrtxstar on Sat 01/05/08 09:11 PM
Every word of my previous statement is 100% true. You can't dismiss the truth so easily. You might not like it... but it's still reality. Bush has made mistakes but not to the degree that Clinton did. Impeachment is something you just can't dismiss. The atrocities I wittnessed with my own eyes in Belgrade can not be denied. mnhiker... you sir are in denial of the facts and can only counter it in the tone of the snake you are. No smoke and mirrors will you find in my words. The hatred in your words is apparent for the truth I speak. THAT more than any point I have made, makes your diatribe less credible. You complain about the circumstances this country is in today, so I show you the road that got us there and you deny the road exist. But it is there, in front of you as I laid it out. I am done with the point/counter point with you. It is not productive and I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said thank you, and went on your way.

mrtxstar's photo
Sat 01/05/08 05:45 PM

I still don't remember them. Champions of the worst NFL conference. Call it what you will but you can't polish a turd.

This Team Was robbed of a Superbowl.. and almost everyone agrees.. but hey we will win one !!!

Still crying about that? Get over it. It's NEVER going to happen.

Will you eat that stealth behind you WHEN they do???

This year, yeah. It's a SR-71.

mrtxstar's photo
Sat 01/05/08 05:33 PM

The bears can only HOPE when FAVRE will retire.....
he needs to come back and DESTROY the beary fairies next year......HEE HEE HEE

I loved last years Super Bowl..... at least 1 team deserved to be there.... YES I DO MEAN INDY>>>>>
drinker drinker drinker drinker drinker drinker

Well this YEAR IT WILL BE >>>DALLAS<< AND New England
and guess what..... Dallas WILL WIN THIS TIME AROUND>>>
glasses glasses glasses glasses drinker drinker drinker

San Diego... what a joke.........laugh laugh laugh laugh

the only joke here is the Phallus Chowboyslaugh

Does everyone see how bad the charger faithfull miss Wade Phillips? You wish you had him back but he's a Cowboy now.
Super Bowl bound!!!

mrtxstar's photo
Sat 01/05/08 05:27 PM

I still don't remember them. Champions of the worst NFL conference. Call it what you will but you can't polish a turd.

This Team Was robbed of a Superbowl.. and almost everyone agrees.. but hey we will win one !!!

Still crying about that? Get over it. It's NEVER going to happen.

mrtxstar's photo
Sat 01/05/08 05:01 PM

Dallas Cowboys and New England Patriots....... Dallas Wins.

Hell yeah!!!!! drinker drinker drinker drinker drinker drinker drinker drinker drinker drinker

mrtxstar's photo
Sat 01/05/08 04:58 PM