Community > Posts By > Kahurangi

Kahurangi's photo
Fri 02/15/13 02:37 PM
I was having a couple of drinks with friends in a pub last year when some random guy just came out of nowhere, grabbed my face and planted a kiss on me before i could even register what was happening. As i was trying to pick my jaw up off the ground he simply said "I just had to do that"...and walked back to his friends who had lost the bottom half of their jaws as well. It wasn't an unpleasant experience for me, and was taken in good fun.

Kahurangi's photo
Fri 02/15/13 02:22 PM
A couple of pics taken last w'end on the trip across Port Phillip bay from Sorrento to Queenscliff.

Sorrento...which is a 30min drive from where i live.

Cruising past the heads to the bay.

Kahurangi's photo
Fri 02/15/13 02:05 PM

Just a quick question for all you gat fans.

Is it worthwhile getting the headstock of an Ibanez acoustic fixed?? And will the quality of the sound be affected by doing so?

I have a part time job doing repairs and whether it's worth it or not depends on the value of the guitar. If it's an entry level model, I wouldn't bother paying a repairer as that might run into $100-$200 for the job. If it's a clean break, use PVA glue (Titebond) and a G-clamp to set the break. Place cloth between the clamp and the headstock so no marking occurs, and wait 24+ hours. Remove and clean up any glue leaks and smudges with a wet sponge. If it's a complicated break, you will need a repairer.

The sound won't be affected by the repair, but depending on the quality of the job, the action and tuning stability may be compromised.

Excuse my bad manners for not responding sooner H, but thank you kindly for your input.

The Ibanez was gifted from a friend to my son, who played it constantly whilst just sitting around talking or laughing with friends and family....and i miss that. That alone to me is priceless.

The pic shows where the break is, which a good friend of mine who is familiar with wood and various types of glue repaired it to the best of his ability, and it seems pretty solid, albeit rather unsightly...but my concern now is, that i'm worried the nature of the break will weaken the headstock and it will break again once its been re-strung and tension is put back on the headstock.

What do you think?

Kahurangi's photo
Fri 02/15/13 12:53 PM

No wurries mate!....flip yer coin on the end of the table. Well hey!...you may own this here establishment, but the snooker table doesn't pay for itself ya know ;-) bigsmile

grumble yeah yeah.. *puts her money on the table and sits back down on the stool.. waiting to see who she'll have to play bigsmile*

You can have this game if he comes back Z...i just saw something shiny :wink: bigsmile

Kahurangi's photo
Fri 02/15/13 12:46 PM

Pardon me. Being that the ball release mechanism is malfunctioning, I am the keeper of the game balls at the present time. So, if you want to be snookered ...err... if you want to play Snooker, then give me your game money. bigsmile

*zee whispers* psssssssssst K.. don't listen to him.. noway I didn't hire him.. seems he's having some management issues over at a friends bar.. 'n I'm guessin he's just takin it out on us.. shhhhhhh.. :wink:

<<----<<<<hahaha....i'm not entirely sure how one is suppose to take that seriously anyhoo bigsmile

Perhaps we can duct tape it to the wall and have our own living art space? ;-)

Kahurangi's photo
Thu 02/14/13 12:02 PM

Yes well...chalk that up to a misplaced speaker. I can hardly be held responsible for that now can i? *blink blink*

Are you familiar with the game of snooker G?...i became fascinated with the game when i watched an Australian champ snooker player at one of the local RSL's over here...an RSL is a Returned Servicemans Leagues Club specifically for the welfare of ex servicemen which was first established post first world war. There are many of them throughout Australia & New Zealand these days where one can go and relax over a meal whilst enjoying a cold one...or 2. The profits from these establishments go toward helping veterans and their families. And yes....you'd be quite right in thinking that they are very well looked after. Anyhoo....i happened to be at one such venue when Eddie Charlton who was said Australian champ was challenged by another local champion. Ha!...the game is like chess...but with balls! Complete with non display of emotion from both players...who were notably knocking back the ales. The precision and skill that was shown that night had me duly hooked on the game. Oversize pool table that makes a ball sitting against the cushion look like a pee wee marble down the other end of the table....are you sure you can see that far G? Welllll...as tomorrows sun anyhoo ;-)

Shux...i like a well weighted and balanced cue...keeps ones wrist supple when shadowing a taiaha. You've twirled batons haven't you G?

Your shot btw :-)

I PLAY THE WINNA.. although I prefer 8ball - hi/low(or solids and stripes) meself AND on an 8 ft Brunswick(got one in me den for practice).. gots me own cues too.. properly weighted and balanced.. *chalks tip in anticipation* bigsmile

No wurries mate!....flip yer coin on the end of the table. Well hey!...you may own this here establishment, but the snooker table doesn't pay for itself ya know ;-) bigsmile

Kahurangi's photo
Thu 02/14/13 11:54 AM

Thanks Zee. I made it say hunert yards into land of moose breath 'n silly shaped coins in '77. They booted me ena pal out, but not before pocketing my nunchucks, 'n stash..buggars. lol, there's always re-group, 'n found gramps farm days later.
Da judge had fun with quazy arithmetic fucguring little block of THC fine.. x9? dude!
The rep from US I don't think believed I grew leaves in a state park, but he shifted in his chair when said. They dint care much for the white crosses much. I think they knew we were trying to be safe on the road..awake! lol
I tried to visit the early daze of Zeepub. ~twas hunting season...backed off waiting for court in Mich. G-boy near got shot fookin' wit me `billies to sound squatchy...make my burger very rare. I may have ta duck 'n run being...lol, yeah the word exiled was used for me pal, enni was shadow with a name.
~~spins me quarter 'n stops it on edge wit me index...four times cadence. What else ya got? :)

huh

Uh, Zee, I think that it's time to cut off this guy's drinks. Apparently, he's had one too many.

Oh shite, it is Michael. Here, ava cruller...have five. One for each lace you tie.

huh Michael?

Zee, do you have a cot in the back on which this gent can sleep it off?

I'm sorry but this IS funny shite.. there's a guest room to the left at the top of the escalator.. comfy bed 'n bath all in one.. but G-man doesn't need it.. it's just his vernacular that throws ya off.. if you read it carefully though.. he DOES make sense.. either that or I'VE had too many.. and I don't even DRINK

fergots a letter slaphead

Not many people i know of share an appreciation for the abstract Zee....glad you do though ;-)

Kahurangi's photo
Thu 02/14/13 11:45 AM
Yoda yoghurt??

Kahurangi's photo
Thu 02/14/13 11:37 AM
Now that's some funny shite right there.

You horribly mean man! :-)

Kahurangi's photo
Thu 02/14/13 04:41 AM
Edited by Kahurangi on Thu 02/14/13 04:42 AM

Thanks Zee. I made it say hunert yards into land of moose breath 'n silly shaped coins in '77. They booted me ena pal out, but not before pocketing my nunchucks, 'n stash..buggars. lol, there's always re-group, 'n found gramps farm days later.
Da judge had fun with quazy arithmetic fucguring little block of THC fine.. x9? dude!
The rep from US I don't think believed I grew leaves in a state park, but he shifted in his chair when said. They dint care much for the white crosses much. I think they knew we were trying to be safe on the road..awake! lol
I tried to visit the early daze of Zeepub. ~twas hunting season...backed off waiting for court in Mich. G-boy near got shot fookin' wit me `billies to sound squatchy...make my burger very rare. I may have ta duck 'n run being...lol, yeah the word exiled was used for me pal, enni was shadow with a name.
~~spins me quarter 'n stops it on edge wit me index...four times cadence. What else ya got? :)

huh

Uh, Zee, I think that it's time to cut off this guy's drinks. Apparently, he's had one too many.

Oh shite, it is Michael. Here, ava cruller...have five. One for each lace you tie.

Can't be...Dodo here is funnier than Michael ever was.

Edit for a nighty night :-)

Kahurangi's photo
Thu 02/14/13 04:36 AM

lol~ Kahurangi Bumstead?

ya know treating a Fancy Dan brewer as that me thinks is how Flubber was invented...or wazit half a stir 'n a bit crunchy? :smile:

Red Bull gives ya wings doncha know? ;-)

Ya might wanna twist one up Zee...i do believe i feel a game coming on...

Rack or break G?...and what are we playing for? :-)

Btw...if'n ya hit the quote button on this here post...you'll see how to make yer coin stick the next time you spin one up from the tube. ;-)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XCikYIZfxxk

What are we playing for?
Well yeah..playing forever haza nice ring, for tomorrows sun sounds even better.
You can break K. I do love that hooking your belt loop with your thumb when excited. Btw did you even up for the last speaker taken out on cue? ;)

Yes well...chalk that up to a misplaced speaker. I can hardly be held responsible for that now can i? *blink blink*

Are you familiar with the game of snooker G?...i became fascinated with the game when i watched an Australian champ snooker player at one of the local RSL's over here...an RSL is a Returned Servicemans Leagues Club specifically for the welfare of ex servicemen which was first established post first world war. There are many of them throughout Australia & New Zealand these days where one can go and relax over a meal whilst enjoying a cold one...or 2. The profits from these establishments go toward helping veterans and their families. And yes....you'd be quite right in thinking that they are very well looked after. Anyhoo....i happened to be at one such venue when Eddie Charlton who was said Australian champ was challenged by another local champion. Ha!...the game is like chess...but with balls! Complete with non display of emotion from both players...who were notably knocking back the ales. The precision and skill that was shown that night had me duly hooked on the game. Oversize pool table that makes a ball sitting against the cushion look like a pee wee marble down the other end of the table....are you sure you can see that far G? Welllll...as tomorrows sun anyhoo ;-)

Shux...i like a well weighted and balanced cue...keeps ones wrist supple when shadowing a taiaha. You've twirled batons haven't you G?

Your shot btw :-)

Kahurangi's photo
Wed 02/13/13 12:14 PM

alRIGHTY folks.. I feel a lil USELESS INFORMATIONal post comin on.. bigsmile

A Barnacle Has The Largest Penis Of Any Other Animal In Relation To Its Size. (WHOA.. like I really needed to know THAT? )

A Blind Chameleon Still Changes Colors To Match His Environment. (how do they know it's blind I wonder..hmmm?)

A Camel's Backbone Is Just As Straight As A Horse's. (really? I thought it had one hump or two?)

A Castrated Male Reindeer Is Called A Bull.(bet you it was mad as one when they cut it off rant )

A Chameleon's Tongue Is Twice The Length Of Its Body.(what did they DO to that poor chameleon.. noway )

A Crocodiles Mouth Is Attached To The Roof Of Its Mouth.

A Deer Cannot Eat Hay. (how useless is THIS huh laugh)

A Donkey Will Sink In Quicksand But A Mule Won't. laugh huh spock

A Dragonfly Has A Lifespan Of 24 Hours. (THATS a lie.. as a kid I nursed one with a broken wing one summer and it lived for almost 2 days..)

A Duck Has Three Eyelids. (wonder how they sleep.. )

A Female Swine, Or A Sow, Will Always Have An Even Number Of Teats Or Nipples, Usually Twelve. (although sometimes less.. so do dogs, cats and several other animals I know of.. and the point here is???? yup.. useless slaphead )

A Group Of Finches Is Called A Charm. (how charming.. bigsmile)

A Group Of Frogs Is Called An Army. it's an inVASION.. I have several battalions in my back yard.. sad

A Group Of Geese On The Ground Is Called A Gaggle, A Group Of Geese In The Air Is A Skein. m'kay...

A Group Of Goats Is Called A Trip. (not the kind I'M used to laugh)

A Group Of Hares Is Called A Husk. (I thought that was what covered an ear of corn...)

A Group Of Kangaroos Is Called A Mob. (OM GAWD.. I'm gonna get MOBBED in OZ laugh)

A Group Of Owls Is Called A Parliament. (not in CANADA it ain't laugh)

A Group Of Rhinos Are Called A Crash. (geeze.. wonder why huh laugh)

A Group Of Toads Is Called A Knot. (ha ha.. towed the knot )

A Hedgehog's Heart Beats 300 Times A Minute On Average. (wonder what the leading cause of death is... )

A Hippo Can Open Its Mouth Wide Enough To Fit A Four Foot Tall Child Inside. (good to know.. ya never know when ya may need a cheap baby-sitter bigsmile)

A Large Swarm Of Locusts Can Eat 80,000 Tons Of Corn In A Day. (no WONDER they're considered a plague)

A Male Chimpanzee Is 5 Times Hornier Than The Average Human Male. surprised

A Mole Can Dig Over 250 Feet Of Tunnel In A Single Night. (funny.. above ground they're pretty slow )

A Pig Always Sleeps On Its Right Side. (THATS why I always ended up on the left... )

A Rat Can Last Longer Without Water Than A Camel. (wonder where rats keep THEIR water.. at least a camel has cargo space for it..)

A Rhinoceros' Horn Is Made Of Compacted Hair. (gross)

A Rodents Teeth Never Stop Growing. They Are Worn Down By The Animal's Constant Gnawing On Bark, Leaves, And Other Vegetables. (here FANG)

A Single Sheeps Fleece Might Well Contain As Many As 26 Million Fibres. (wonder what would happen if a sheep was allergic to wool.. )

A Snail Can Have 25,000 Teeth. (WHERE? )

A Snail Takes 33 Hours To Crawl One Mile. (must be because of all those teeth he has to lug along)

A Snake Has No Ears. But Its Tongue Is Extremely Sensitive To Sound Vibrations. By Flicking Its Tongue, A Snake Can Pick Up Sound Waves-So A Snake 'Hears With His Tongue...Sort Of! (Isssssssssss Cansssssssss Hearsssssssss yousssssssss bigsmile)

A Species Of Earthworm In Australia Grows Up To 10 Feet In Length. surprised K.. I do NOT wanna meet one of THESE.. okay?shocked

A group of women is called a gossip.
A group of girls is called a giggle.
A group of cats is called a buffet.
Well, that is what they were called on planet Melmac.

Where's my chopsticks?!?

*boink*

Kahurangi's photo
Wed 02/13/13 12:11 PM
"A lady should never reveal the contents of her handbag"

Wise words.

Kahurangi's photo
Wed 02/13/13 12:07 PM

If you're sad about being alone on Valentine's day, just remember....

No one loves you on the other days of the year either.

This message was brought to you by a cranky old man.

flowers .....that message is brought to you by a not so cranky ostrich. :-)

Kahurangi's photo
Wed 02/13/13 11:50 AM

Valentines's Day- the day when you give candy yo the last person on Earth that you want to see get fat.

hahaha...not if she feeds them to you ;-)

I'd peel your grapes before I feed them to you.

Hey, where did that "yo" come from?

blushing <<---<<< no kidding :-)

Kahurangi's photo
Wed 02/13/13 11:31 AM

Valentines's Day- the day when you give candy yo the last person on Earth that you want to see get fat.

hahaha...not if she feeds them to you ;-)

Kahurangi's photo
Wed 02/13/13 11:27 AM
Edited by Kahurangi on Wed 02/13/13 11:53 AM

I've known women and even some men who seem to be "romance addicts."...I think some of it has to do with wanting to be "rescued" from a dull life. (Like the story-lines and plots in fairy tales.)...What do you think?

I think there's nothing wrong with that at all. I think i would rather hang out with people who see romance in everything rather than haters. What do you think?

Edit to add....just about everything anyhoo.

Kahurangi's photo
Tue 02/12/13 12:39 PM
Just a quick question for all you gat fans.

Is it worthwhile getting the headstock of an Ibanez acoustic fixed?? And will the quality of the sound be affected by doing so?

Kahurangi's photo
Tue 02/12/13 12:36 PM
haha..actually...i'm not a big fan of doughnuts. I put myself off them by making a guts of myself eating them as a kid once and was sick for 2 days. So i'll pass on dem doughnuts ;-)

Cutting it fine again to make tracks...later peeps :-)

zoom zoom....

Kahurangi's photo
Tue 02/12/13 12:30 PM
Awww shux Z...it's truly my pleasure to hook up a friendship of like minded travellers, so i'm just as keen as you to hear from anybody else who has or is into wandering around the globe :-)

1 2 7 8 9 11 13 14 15 24 25