Community > Posts By > Kahurangi

Kahurangi's photo
Wed 02/27/13 03:54 AM

whoa.. a lil freaky thar girlfriend.. how wild huh.. this post was at 12:24 AM and the next one was 12:23 PM.. at first I had thought "how the fug did she do THAT" then I noted the AM & PM thang and slaphead

oh I'm awake.. really.. *pinch* OUCH.. yeah ohwell

laugh

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W3eN0e60Zco

:wink: bigsmile

Kahurangi's photo
Wed 02/27/13 03:44 AM

Quick answer as i fly out the door....

The latter part of your response kinda sounds like something out of the middle east. The only thing that's missing is a burkha, which is all very well for women who have been raised to know nothing else except that way of life.

2 heads are better than one in a relationship...tis a partnership after all is it not? The way i see it...if the constant is one leads whilst the other follows...then challenging each other to be better/stronger/smarter people about lifes little obstacles becomes non existent.

Jumping through hoops at the crack of the whip ain't my thang....i bite! ;-)

yes, it is a two heads are better than one partnership, I agree... but ultimately it is a man's world, and it will always be... until the USA has their first sitting female President in authority over every man in this country, I will always stand by my belief...

It is indeed a mans world Athena..."but it would be nothing, without a woman or a gal" (I prefer Renee Geyer's soulful version). I've spun this one in another thread before but i think tis relevant for here. Hope you don't mind...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ICVIJhf5oaQ

ummmm...it is never my intention to sway anybody from their beliefs when i put my own thoughts to type. Apologies if i come across as such.

Kahurangi's photo
Tue 02/26/13 12:38 PM

Subject # 1… Do you return to an ex?

You start dating someone new, and your ex, who you’ve broken up with finds out, and now they want you back, and do everything within their power to remind you of why you are so good together, and they’re really sorry things didn’t work out before, but the two of you know in your hearts you should be together. Do you leave your new lover and return to the other one, or put the last lover on hold while you see if this new relationship turns serious, only going back to the other one if this new one doesn’t work out?

Subject # 2… Do you do as you’re told?

Let’s say you are still abiding by old school convention in your intimate relationships, in which the man continues to hold the majority of sway over his woman/wife, to the point where he advises her on how to dress, the amount of makeup she can wear, her friends she can/can’t hang out with, he requires her to tell him where she’s going and with whom, and that she stays in contact with him via cell/text while she’s away from the house… simultaneously, both partners work and bring home the bacon, and they split their living expenses equally, like roommates do... yet the man spends the rest of his income on himself, and requires the woman to spend the rest of her income on herself… so, in this type of scenario, is the woman obligated to follow/obey the man’s advice about how he wants her to conduct herself as his other half… or can she just do as she likes, ignoring what he wants, because he’s not providing for her financially?

Subject # 3… What would you say if?

We’re here Mingling with people we’d like to befriend, and possibly even become romantically involved with. Some of us, who are single and actively participating on the forums, disclose things about ourselves that we don’t mind letting everyone know because it’s not sensitive information. Plus, by opening up like this we make it easier to become acquainted with each other. And, if in the process of becoming cyber-friends we happen to meet the next love of our lives, we’ll share even more personal things about ourselves with each other. So, what is something about your expectations of a new partner that you two would discuss on your first date? Such as: you do/don’t want someone with pets, do/don’t want someone with tattoos, do/don’t want someone who smokes/drinks, do/don’t want someone with college degrees, etc… this is your chance to put it all on the table so as not to waste either of your time with more dates that end up going nowhere… so what did you need to air to shorten this process?

Subject # 1....The ex can keep that piece of my life that i willingly gave to him, i'll not be needing it back.

Subject # 2....I very much doubt i would find myself in such a disrespectful relationship to begin with. But i suppose if that is what some women seek...then it's by their own choice that they shall oblige yes?

Subject # 3....I have read many times over about equality between men & women, but it's not been explained in depth to what they expect by 'being equal' For me personally...equality is not about being able to bench press the same amount of weights as a significant other in the gym, or who is faster at changing a tyre on a car...I acknowledge that he will be by far physically stronger than i.

But when it comes to having each others back no matter what?...this is where he must be my equal. So i expect the same loyalty from him as i myself give...without hesitation.

Ha!...reminds me of a quote. "He who hesitates....shouldn't have"

hi kahurangi, you're answer to #1 is pretty cool... #2, I can only dream about living in the part of the world where men don't disrespect women... #3, I've never seen true equality among men and women either, and I'm very well rounded and know too many people to think otherwise. I know plenty of men that respect their wives completely, and even take their advice about many things, but they are never treated as equals or the man would not be the head of their home and thereby getting the respect he deserves for being the families leader... your final quote.. :wink:

Quick answer as i fly out the door....

The latter part of your response kinda sounds like something out of the middle east. The only thing that's missing is a burkha, which is all very well for women who have been raised to know nothing else except that way of life.

2 heads are better than one in a relationship...tis a partnership after all is it not? The way i see it...if the constant is one leads whilst the other follows...then challenging each other to be better/stronger/smarter people about lifes little obstacles becomes non existent.

Jumping through hoops at the crack of the whip ain't my thang....i bite! ;-)

Kahurangi's photo
Tue 02/26/13 12:23 PM

lol~~ shush K. no one will know b'sept the threat reads funny. oops

Tis a good thing i didn't suggest you try looking at yer dongle then ;-)

Kahurangi's photo
Tue 02/26/13 12:24 AM
Shux...this is all too much for this bird...thanks for the laugh Geppy.

Over 'n' out

:smile:

Kahurangi's photo
Tue 02/26/13 12:20 AM
rofl rofl

I betcha Ritchie C never saw that coming!

Or going for that matter.....

Kahurangi's photo
Tue 02/26/13 12:18 AM
Welllll...first thing that hit my line of vision was the ear ;-)

Kahurangi's photo
Tue 02/26/13 12:17 AM
Jeebers...i had to step away from the screen to view that. Thought for one horrified moment there it was a pic of the Duke of E! spock

Kahurangi's photo
Tue 02/26/13 12:12 AM
Those would be Van De Hooters in South Efrica

Kahurangi's photo
Tue 02/26/13 12:02 AM
A GF of mine had a boyfriend who was fondly referred to as the Yeti. If there was ever a human that resembled pictures of what a Yeti supposedly looked like....that guy was it. He grunted when he spoke, which oddly enough i understood, but nobody else could. So if you do come across one...i'll be happy to translate ;-)

Back on topic...i'll take a raincheck on that winterstorm...tis nearing the end of summer this side of the hemi.

Kahurangi's photo
Mon 02/25/13 11:47 PM
Melmac must positively mourn the absence of your comedic skills Doodoo.

Kahurangi's photo
Mon 02/25/13 11:16 PM
Edited by Kahurangi on Tue 02/26/13 12:11 AM

How important is it to you that someone you’re dating know and appreciate the customs and language of your heritage?

If the relationship became serious, would it be important to you that they learn and practice your customs with you, or speak your native language with you?

I wouldn't expect him to...but he's more than welcome to knock himself out trying. Which is highly likely if he takes up the taiaha.

Edit to correct an english word. :-|

Kahurangi's photo
Mon 02/25/13 11:07 PM

Synonymous with smokes pot....or not?

I cannot for the life of me begin to fathom how knowing the answer to such an insipid question is ever going to enrich ones life.

Try www.whogivesacrap.com

Kahurangi's photo
Sun 02/24/13 07:04 PM
I said shux....not sucks :wink:

bigsmile

Kahurangi's photo
Sun 02/24/13 06:58 PM

Subject # 1… Do you return to an ex?

You start dating someone new, and your ex, who you’ve broken up with finds out, and now they want you back, and do everything within their power to remind you of why you are so good together, and they’re really sorry things didn’t work out before, but the two of you know in your hearts you should be together. Do you leave your new lover and return to the other one, or put the last lover on hold while you see if this new relationship turns serious, only going back to the other one if this new one doesn’t work out?

Subject # 2… Do you do as you’re told?

Let’s say you are still abiding by old school convention in your intimate relationships, in which the man continues to hold the majority of sway over his woman/wife, to the point where he advises her on how to dress, the amount of makeup she can wear, her friends she can/can’t hang out with, he requires her to tell him where she’s going and with whom, and that she stays in contact with him via cell/text while she’s away from the house… simultaneously, both partners work and bring home the bacon, and they split their living expenses equally, like roommates do... yet the man spends the rest of his income on himself, and requires the woman to spend the rest of her income on herself… so, in this type of scenario, is the woman obligated to follow/obey the man’s advice about how he wants her to conduct herself as his other half… or can she just do as she likes, ignoring what he wants, because he’s not providing for her financially?

Subject # 3… What would you say if?

We’re here Mingling with people we’d like to befriend, and possibly even become romantically involved with. Some of us, who are single and actively participating on the forums, disclose things about ourselves that we don’t mind letting everyone know because it’s not sensitive information. Plus, by opening up like this we make it easier to become acquainted with each other. And, if in the process of becoming cyber-friends we happen to meet the next love of our lives, we’ll share even more personal things about ourselves with each other. So, what is something about your expectations of a new partner that you two would discuss on your first date? Such as: you do/don’t want someone with pets, do/don’t want someone with tattoos, do/don’t want someone who smokes/drinks, do/don’t want someone with college degrees, etc… this is your chance to put it all on the table so as not to waste either of your time with more dates that end up going nowhere… so what did you need to air to shorten this process?

Subject # 1....The ex can keep that piece of my life that i willingly gave to him, i'll not be needing it back.

Subject # 2....I very much doubt i would find myself in such a disrespectful relationship to begin with. But i suppose if that is what some women seek...then it's by their own choice that they shall oblige yes?

Subject # 3....I have read many times over about equality between men & women, but it's not been explained in depth to what they expect by 'being equal' For me personally...equality is not about being able to bench press the same amount of weights as a significant other in the gym, or who is faster at changing a tyre on a car...I acknowledge that he will be by far physically stronger than i.

But when it comes to having each others back no matter what?...this is where he must be my equal. So i expect the same loyalty from him as i myself give...without hesitation.

Ha!...reminds me of a quote. "He who hesitates....shouldn't have"

Kahurangi's photo
Sun 02/24/13 05:48 PM
I would equate 'just sex' to a fast food outlet. Cheap and nasty that leaves you with a distasteful bleh feeling afterward.

The sensual art of making love is highly preferred and valued, but there doesn't appear to be many skilled artists that have a true appreciation for the 'pleasure of the flesh'

And that's a damn shame....

Kahurangi's photo
Sun 02/24/13 02:09 PM
I just gotta say....

It was awesome chatting with you over the phone...and what a cool accent!!

hehe...i was taken aback a little aboat the about though. bigsmile

On a sidenote...i've read that Josie and hubby now reside in Tassie! I wonder if they would mind us stopping in for a cuppa Tetley ;-)

Kahurangi's photo
Sun 02/24/13 02:01 PM
Well then...tis a good thing they did something about those fillings before decay set in ;-)

Kahurangi's photo
Sun 02/24/13 01:34 PM
As in the blind leading the blind?

Kahurangi's photo
Sun 02/24/13 01:15 PM
Wow!...that's some powerful hallucogen you got going on there Melmac. Are you gonna share those lollies? bigsmile

1 2 5 6 7 9 11 12 13 24 25