Community > Posts By > alonenotlonely

alonenotlonely's photo
Mon 09/07/09 10:07 PM

Ok we have heard from everyone now on the subject of nice guys.

Now ladies it is payback time.....

What about nice girls, do they exist, have they ever existed.

How would one define a nice girl, i will leave this to the forum.

Would like to hear both from the men and the ladies, so ladies are you a nice girl or a really bad girl.

I date nothing but nice girls. My first rule: at least a job (well, really they gotta have a career); second, I don't date party girls; third, I don't date ex-party girls. You cain't get a shot anymore to fix it.
ya but you have a picture of yourself with high heels on???noway scared rofl rofl rofl rofl

What? I thought that was private!!!!!!!!

alonenotlonely's photo
Mon 09/07/09 10:06 PM
Full time college; full time work; full time raising 2 daughters. I guess that'd be triple F'd. But great!~

alonenotlonely's photo
Mon 09/07/09 10:00 PM
My God, let me beat this dead horse and move on.

Work out your own salvation . . .

. . . WITH FEAR AND TREMBLING!

It will be forever, man, if there is . . .

alonenotlonely's photo
Mon 09/07/09 09:53 PM

Ok we have heard from everyone now on the subject of nice guys.

Now ladies it is payback time.....

What about nice girls, do they exist, have they ever existed.

How would one define a nice girl, i will leave this to the forum.

Would like to hear both from the men and the ladies, so ladies are you a nice girl or a really bad girl.

I date nothing but nice girls. My first rule: at least a job (well, really they gotta have a career); second, I don't date party girls; third, I don't date ex-party girls. You cain't get a shot anymore to fix it.

alonenotlonely's photo
Mon 09/07/09 09:51 PM
Realistically, when I was young ('50s), we were told in Arkansas we were one of the top 10 primary "first strike" sites - we had missles silos, SAC, etc. but we also have one of the top 10 safest locations because of air flow and artesian well waters. I'd say, "Run to Arkansas" 'cause the nuclear threat is a fraction of what it was, Arkansas still has it's geography!

alonenotlonely's photo
Wed 09/02/09 08:27 PM

So knowledge of a well-rounded nature is not enough to solve the problem of neither deficient judgment ability nor capability. However, experience plus knowledge increases capability and thus the chances that judgments will be rightly made. This is what I understand of the OP.

Actually I also see a bit of humor or perhaps amusement on the part of Kant.

At any rate, he seems to be writing what history has made apparent many times over but why is judgment so difficult a thing to get right?

I think the problem may not be as much a deficient ability as it is an inability to relate constantly updating information with constantly changing situations.

We make rules so there is no question of right or wrong, or good or bad consequences. But like philosophy of ethics we cannot possibly account for every person’s situation, or information about the event(s) outside the normal range from within which the rule was meant to function.

This is why we have a judicial system with a hierarchy of a Supreme Court. We make a rule (a law) which is affected over time by the changes society experiences. So when a rule (law) cannot be determined effectively we refer the situation to the Supreme Court for clarification. Sometimes the way in which the original rule was stated simply did not include all the possibilities of how the rule might be affected, and sometimes the rule has been so diluted by changes in societal norms that it needs to be updated or corrected by our lawmakers (congress).

So while we attempt to make rules (and here is where I see Kant’s amusement) we do so using a deficient frame of reference for our judgment. The rules themselves cannot be all encompassing nor can they be long-lived as long as society keeps changing “the rules” through culture, knowledge, technology and morals.

Sounds as though your early readings were Plato or the big "A". Of course, I agree, Kant, I believe, was enamored with his own amusement knowing himself to be and have to relate to mere mortals. Just a bit methodical for me at times (back when I was smart, I mean).

alonenotlonely's photo
Wed 09/02/09 08:18 PM

Small wonder why the English needed us to bail them out of their shortcomings in th 1940s. Still the frightened Brits. No balls, no babies.

Frightened Brits? No freakin' way.

alonenotlonely's photo
Wed 09/02/09 08:17 PM
And, for some reason, they're great for a teenage daughter's dealing the that TOTM.

alonenotlonely's photo
Wed 09/02/09 08:14 PM

To ask a girl to lose some weight?

Well, heck, no. Or vice versa.

alonenotlonely's photo
Tue 09/01/09 10:38 PM

I keep seeing this commercial for "E Harmony"..yuchlaugh

and theres this chick, and she says...

"Im just a goof, looking for my ball".

So what is she trying to say here?

Is she looking for a guy with one testicle, or what???what rofl rofl rofl

What you mean you "thought" you were freaky? Some of us have been on here a while.

alonenotlonely's photo
Tue 09/01/09 10:36 PM

Ok, so here's a topic I'd like to explore: theory -- the way a person handles a break-up is a good indicator of who they really are.

I would agree. Stress is the test.

alonenotlonely's photo
Tue 09/01/09 10:34 PM

In my opinion, it is not necessary to be "in your face" all the time... There are times when some are so dense they just don't get it and a little in your face might be a wake up call.. There are time when someone wants to express how they are feeling and do it in a way they are comfortable, it is not necessary to call them names, tell them they are not being a man or are acting like a child.. A little human compassion is a good thing... It's not like he goes around posting these threads all the time or whines about being a nice guy...

True. Even the toughest have their times. All my closest friends are combat veterans and we have night terrors and sometimes the little things get to us. Still, I say a slap in the face is sometimes needed - just not automatically all the time.

alonenotlonely's photo
Tue 09/01/09 10:29 PM

I wish, but a lesbian at my age . . .

. . . gag me with a spoon!

what

Winx, you know what I meant ( I hope ). Anyway, I have brain damage from this last motorcycle wreck (3 in a year) so I have an excuse!

alonenotlonely's photo
Tue 09/01/09 10:24 PM

I found this, after reading it several times in order to get into his 'frame of mind' to be quite intriguing...

I had never thought about judgment quite like this...

The guy is brilliant, needless to say.

How often can you read anything by Kant, or his peers - few there are - once . . . and really understand?

Kudos to you.

alonenotlonely's photo
Tue 09/01/09 10:23 PM

Thank you Cher.. Scoundrel doesn't mean any harm, he just has a way of looking at things that doesn't always jive with some...

D you better not lie to me... tears

If I do, you can call off the wedding!

alonenotlonely's photo
Tue 09/01/09 10:17 PM

Snakes don't have arms...so they don't wear vests.

Now that is wisdom!

alonenotlonely's photo
Tue 09/01/09 10:15 PM
I'm reading Kant now - again.

Doubt you're gonna find too much in the way of western philosophical debate on this site, but, if so, I'll be checking it.

alonenotlonely's photo
Tue 09/01/09 10:13 PM
I wish, but a lesbian at my age . . .

. . . gag me with a spoon!

alonenotlonely's photo
Tue 09/01/09 10:13 PM

(((D))) how are you sweetie...flowerforyou

Slowly recovering, baby, but promising myself I'm gonna be better than ever!

'course I have been known to lie!

alonenotlonely's photo
Mon 08/31/09 11:47 AM
Yeah, I agree with all of you.

I've proposed 117 times (so far) but to no avail . . .

Don't mean I'm givin' up though!!!

1 2 7 8 9 11 13 14 15 24 25