no photo
Sun 12/13/09 05:05 PM
Ya' know JAG......I guess it's all in your perception of boring. I'm doing all the things I need to do for the fam, but it hasn't been really anything stimulating....ya' get me? My house is cleaner than ever, the laundry is always caught up and the dog is now potty trained, yet I'm still bored....laugh I think I'd like to go back to summer when all that stuff wasn't done, but we were out having fun!!!

no photo
Sun 12/13/09 05:00 PM
I like perseverate.
-to repeat something insistently or redundantly.

no photo
Sun 12/13/09 04:53 PM
Glad to hear you are feeling a bit better. flowerforyou

no photo
Sun 12/13/09 10:08 AM

Good Morning 40 people flowerforyou

Good afternoon to you Lady!

no photo
Sun 12/13/09 10:07 AM

Heather, that gave me a good laugh too. Thanks for starting my Sunday off rightflowerforyou

Always glad to use my dorky moments to get people to laugh!..laugh

no photo
Sun 12/13/09 06:20 AM

yeah I am 40 also...what happened to the days when I could work 60 hours a week and wakeup in the morning and do it again...now my body says I do not think so...laugh

Ha! That reminds me of when my daughter and I were out walking and we decided to do some jogging on this back country lane (it's the only place I would attempt to jog...haha). So we are plodding along and she says "Mom, I can hear someone clapping for us!" and I reply "No honey, that's just my old body protesting". Apparently my arm was flapping against my side as I attempted to get momentum to keep going.....laugh. Gave us a good laugh.

no photo
Sun 12/13/09 06:08 AM
Good Morning Cat.......beautiful sentiment to all the new folks here. I hope you have a great day as well!

no photo
Sun 12/13/09 05:55 AM

If I'm hungry, I eat. Free or not. But, I'm usually one of the last to leave any 'gathering',so if I know food is going to be thrown out, I'll always find room for it. Few things p1ss m3 0ff more than wasting food!!!!!

I grew up with a mother like that and it is partly the reason I am overweight. She couldn't stand to see food go to waste....hence we ate more than we should have. I STILL have a hard time throwing food away. We are very frugal at my house with groceries, yet I hate to see something go out of the fridge into the trash.

Any big gathering my family had, we always had extra people included that maybe wouldn't get a holiday meal. They were welcomed into the fold. Not only did they get a meal, they got friends.

I agree OP that corporations do waste entirely too much food. I can see sanitary reasons why they can't give it away, but it does seem like things could be scaled back.....and when it's gone, it's gone. You see this with big corporations in other areas as well, not just food. The amount of "stuff" that people could use but gets throw away is astounding.

no photo
Sun 12/13/09 05:48 AM

Hello JAG....flowerforyou

Hiya, Heather.

Where ya been??

I'm around hun......just busy as all heck at home.
Miss ya'!

no photo
Sat 12/12/09 03:14 PM
I think your profile is great. It's not you, it just is what it is. Kind of the nature of the beast around here. Post in the forums and you'll meet lots of interesting people! Above all, keep trying! Good Luck...flowerforyou

no photo
Sat 12/12/09 07:06 AM
rofl

no photo
Sat 12/12/09 07:02 AM

if he wants to meet in the alley behind the pool hall, thats prolly a red flag

or at the truckstop out at the county line. that might be a redflag too

or at a adult theater

Shoot.....I was planning to suggest the truckstop too. They have such a nice selection of christmas presents to look at.

no photo
Sat 12/12/09 07:01 AM

These are good answers and give me much to think on.

I may have screwed it up anyhow....when he mentioned meeting it was a few minutes after midnight and he said "tonight". My head automatically assumed THAT night (as in last night) and I wondered why the hell someone would ask me to go out that late and my head immediately went to a booty call..laugh. I just bailed out of the conversation. This morning I'm thinking he probably meant TONIGHT. OOPS! I'll just wait and see what exactly he did mean. If he doesn't email again....no great time lost.

Oh the joys of overthinking this online stuff! :tongue:

Well, your reaction would have been mine... However, I probably would have clarified which 'tonight' he meant. And if it was as in right then, I would have scared him off directly! laugh

Yep, It didn't hit me until this morning...laugh It'll be interesting to see if I get another email.

no photo
Sat 12/12/09 06:59 AM
That is too cute for words!

no photo
Sat 12/12/09 06:58 AM
These are good answers and give me much to think on.

I may have screwed it up anyhow....when he mentioned meeting it was a few minutes after midnight and he said "tonight". My head automatically assumed THAT night (as in last night) and I wondered why the hell someone would ask me to go out that late and my head immediately went to a booty call..laugh. I just bailed out of the conversation. This morning I'm thinking he probably meant TONIGHT. OOPS! I'll just wait and see what exactly he did mean. If he doesn't email again....no great time lost.

Oh the joys of overthinking this online stuff! :tongue:

no photo
Sat 12/12/09 05:19 AM
The Brady Bunch seemed to do ok....laugh

I don't think you will have trouble. Just remember to take plenty of time to heal and keep your kids feelings in mind, especially at first. They might be a bit skittish about new people taking away Daddy's time.

no photo
Sat 12/12/09 05:00 AM
So what's the consensus lately regarding how soon you meet someone?

Would you consider it a red flag if you talked to someone one evening for a few emails and exchanged pictures and they suddenly ask if you would like to go out?

If you do see some red flag material here...what is it?

no photo
Fri 12/11/09 09:21 PM
Oh hun, my heart goes out to you.

My gut instinct when reading this is to run very far away from this woman (she's not a mother IMO) and heal yourself of her abuse. But I can't tell you that, knowing you have to find it in your heart to do what you think is best. I'm so sorry you had to endure this. A child should never have to be made to feel they aren't worthy of a mother's love.

no photo
Fri 12/11/09 09:00 PM
laugh "If your psychologically normal and you haven't called me because.......". Classic. I got a good giggle out of that one.

no photo
Fri 12/11/09 02:35 PM
Well I just saw this...glad to see your smiling face. Hernia Schmernia.....can't keep this guy down!

1 2 9 10 11 13 15 16 17 24 25