no photo
Sat 01/09/10 06:21 AM
Me too!! Sun and water is a great combo.

no photo
Sat 01/09/10 06:18 AM

would rather be with someone who knows what they want and is established

I think you'll find it...you are very handsome and lots of women love a man in uniform!! Good Luck!

I think that if you are single and over 40 you will be single till they put you 6 under

Noooo, say it isn't so!

no photo
Sat 01/09/10 06:15 AM
It kind of fakes you out. You are getting a tan, so it must be spring time....hehehe. I know we are going to get a lot of DON'T DO IT on the tanning bed thing.....laugh

no photo
Sat 01/09/10 06:09 AM
I know a tanning bed has helped me in the past.
When I get old I'll probably be a Floridian in the winter...:tongue:

no photo
Sat 01/09/10 06:08 AM
I swam competitively for 12 years.
I had eye surgery as a child after a boy threw a rock in my eye.
My twins were born prematurely weighing in at 2.9# and 3.4#.

no photo
Sat 01/09/10 06:00 AM
Edited by heathersaysgobucks on Sat 01/09/10 06:01 AM
Yep, it's the lack of sunlight that gets me. By March sometimes I'm ready to scream!

no photo
Fri 01/08/10 06:34 PM
66 most of the time, 70 when we are taking a bath or when the wind is really blowing outside.

It's 21 degrees outside right now...a little nippy!

no photo
Fri 01/08/10 04:49 PM

i have never ate ramen before...is it any good?

It may not be all that good FOR you....but...in a pinch..Ramen is damn tasty.

It helps that it's as cheap as dirt...lol

Yes it is.....I take them to work for lunch sometimes. Break up the noodles in the package and add way less water that what's called for. Quick, cheap and easy.

Someone said only use 1/2 the seasonings.....that makes sense too.

no photo
Fri 01/08/10 04:38 PM

What I read was that he had been apart from his wife for 5 years...that could mean they were still trying for some part of that. I don't know, but without more facts it seems a silly game to condemn a man who can't even speak for himself.

Any man who is protecting 20 something year old men from a woman, he is dating, has massive skeletons to hide. Maybe he isnt with his wife... but whats up with telling you he is protecting his kids? Maybe that has been his line for 20 years and needs a new one to keep his mistresses at bay.

Maybe he isnt that in to you... and doesnt want you to know where he lives.

Maybe he lives with HIS mom and is embarrassed.

There are many variables we dont know... but be careful nonetheless!

Well it's not me, I'm not the original poster. I don't date men who aren't divorced. I still fail to see how the man is hiding anything. He flat out told her he isn't interested in having her meet his family yet.

no photo
Fri 01/08/10 12:51 PM
What I read was that he had been apart from his wife for 5 years...that could mean they were still trying for some part of that. I don't know, but without more facts it seems a silly game to condemn a man who can't even speak for himself.

no photo
Fri 01/08/10 12:41 PM

Wow, maybe its exactly as he says.

A co-workers divorce took over three yrs to happen, with six figure lawyers' fees too.

When your kids-no matter how old they are, meet the new girlfriend, its sets different wheels in motion. The divorce is 'really real' Dad is moving on and has a new woman-NOT MOM....it's can be very weird. How could you love anyone but Mom?.....thats the ONLY intimate relationship they have ever seen you in, even if its a bad one.

Could be he is protective about his space, his house, maybe the kids are pigs and he won't clean up after them...any number of things could be going on here.

Upon first read I am right there with MM. I didn't see a thing wrong with him not being yet ready to have you over to his house. You have the choice to look up his address and do a drive by, but I would certainly not show up unexpected. I don't see why it makes this guy a bad person to be stating his feelings and COMMUNICATING that he is not ready to have you meet his children. Just because you did, does not mean he in turn has to do so. No matter how old, they are still his children.

Is there something wrong with a man who chooses not to tarnish the image of his wife to his children? IMO, no. He could just simply not want to go there until he's sure it'll be long term. There could be all kinds of reasons. Let's not be so hasty to judge.

no photo
Fri 01/08/10 12:22 PM
I think it all boils down to a dogs training as well. Sure, some things are inherent in certain breeds, but even that isn't always true.

Your talk of the schnoodle reminded me of a cockapoo we had long ago. He was jet black and we named him Satchmo. He was a good dog.

Good luck Fran!

no photo
Mon 01/04/10 05:09 PM
Oh thank you! I hadn't looked at that one. Hopefully the renal stuff will be shortlived. Her kidneys didn't take well to the dyes from the 2 caths that they had to do. Her numbers are looking better, but still kind of "toxic".

no photo
Mon 01/04/10 04:46 PM

eh, kinda knew it was coming...

Thanks though flowerforyou

I'm so sorry to hear this. Damnit! flowerforyou

no photo
Mon 01/04/10 04:44 PM
Thank you both!

I just got done cutting up the fruit salad and it looks delicious. Frozen strawberries with fresh pear, apple and a little bit of fresh lime juice. That will definitely have flavor.

Their whole family is red meat eaters, so we've been printing out recipes today for whiter meats...:tongue: Just going to have to make creative use of spices. I'm just getting into using more spices, I was raised with home cooking that didn't include much other than salt and pepper...so any ideas will be great for my friends meals and my own!

no photo
Mon 01/04/10 03:41 PM
Yes, we have and I am doing some more right now. I'm interested in healthy spices that will up the taste without adding sodium. Or any suggestions on meals that might be out of the ordinary.

no photo
Mon 01/04/10 03:34 PM
My friend coded during a heart cath and ended up on a vent for 5 days. They did a second surgery and fixed the blockages and she is now finally home. We are using this week to share in the cooking for she and her husband and tomorrow is the day I chose to take something in. Because her kidneys are not quite up to par the docs prefer she do a renal and heart diet. Yikes!

I ended up making turkey and noodles using all the low sodium/heart healthy products and I substituted 1/2 of the turkey with chicken as well so there would be SOME flavor in it. I made a big batch so we would have some for supper, but gawd.....it was almost tasteless! Other than pepper or maybe mrs. dash....what spices would work good with this kind of diet to spice things up a bit?

Also, what other dishes would be more flavorful. We were thinking veggie soup using the veggies that are appropriate for a low potassium diet (most veggie soup veggies do fit in that category) and maybe using low sodium v8 for the base.

I'm planning to cut up a fresh fruit salad tonight too, to go along as a side dish. I know they are getting tired of chicken breast and salads.

no photo
Sun 01/03/10 04:18 PM

Tried it once but found out what bugged me the first time around still bugged me the second time around. frustrated

Ditto....people aren't likely to change.

no photo
Sun 01/03/10 04:16 PM

Remember one thing: Big Dogs = Big Logs
Just picked up a new boy of my own, part Schnauzer, part wire terrier.
Got him from craigslist as a "I can't afford him" puppy. Be very careful if you go that route, he had about the worst case of worms I have ever seen.

:laughing: That was funny.

We also had a case of worms with a lab puppy once...ick! When they start pooping out spaghetti, you know you have a problem!

no photo
Sun 01/03/10 04:13 PM
We rescued a stray beagle and she is turning out to be the best dog we ever had, although she was uber hard to potty train. She was abused (we think) so she is very timid and does not bark. In fact, one time someone knocked at the door and she let out a bark and we almost fainted......laugh. She doesn't like men, but that's ok, because most days I don't either.....:tongue:.

The other super dog I can remember from my childhood was a mini-schnauzer. She was also a stray but was a really good dog. Mild mannered and easy to train. We also shaved ours so there was really no hair issues. I don't think schnauzers shed anyhow.

1 2 5 6 7 9 11 12 13 24 25