no photo
Wed 01/20/10 05:18 PM
That she does.....I'm hoping she removes them tout de suite! She wore herself out today dragging in this huge branch, then promptly went to sleep. I keep checking to see if she has moved it. She also sat on the camera and jiggled it all around. It was quite a show to watch! You can't see her at all right now.

no photo
Wed 01/20/10 01:55 PM
She's awake right now.

no photo
Wed 01/20/10 01:54 PM
She stole a strap from the mounting yesterday and tried to make it bedding....laugh. I don't think the camera is bothersome at all, she just continues on with her business like nobody's watching.

Happy Birthday Lily!

no photo
Tue 01/19/10 04:58 PM
I think it was raining that day.....not a down pour or anything.

Yep, I was toodling down to the gas station and it just stopped! My first thought was that I had run out of gas, as it was close to E.

That's odd, he did mention that he thought I would have trouble in wet weather??

This is what the bill says:

"Check for computer codes. None found. Test fuel pressure and volume. Test OK. Has very weak spark and plugs are fouled. Replace spark plugs and dry out ignition. (needs additional ignition components). Absolutely no warranty."

The labor was 142.50. He said the computer called for 2.8 hours of labor on this job. I do know they had to take the inside "bunkhouse" out to get to stuff. I know that is not what that is called, just can't think of the term for the inside of the van in the front there, where the glove box and all that is.

The problem with not going there again is this: the place is highly recommended by friends. I seem to have this problem no matter where I go no matter how aggressive I am with the service guys. I do my homework and try to sound halfway intelligent, yet I always walk away feeling screwed. Hopefully, they did as they said, and the price was fair.

Anyhow, it's starting for now. I've already contacted a sales person and I'm going to start hunting for a newer model.

no photo
Tue 01/19/10 02:05 PM
I wonder where she went!

no photo
Tue 01/19/10 01:48 PM
Edited by heathersaysgobucks on Tue 01/19/10 01:57 PM
She's awake right now.

edit: Lily is out of her den for anyone wanting to have a look inside sans Bear!

no photo
Tue 01/19/10 01:24 PM
The one time I did take a leap of faith and talked to someone on the phone before I truly felt comfortable turned out awful. I will never do it again. I'm with you gals, if he asks that quick, something ain't right. Never let 'em smooth talk you into it.....:tongue:.

no photo
Tue 01/19/10 01:20 PM
We watched Lily awake for quite some time today. She was rearranging her bedding and licking and grooming herself. Then she fell asleep with her head up next to the camera. It was quite a show! People seem to think the time is quite close for cubs!

no photo
Tue 01/19/10 01:19 PM
Well the van is running after 205.00 to replace plugs "dry out ignition". They cautioned me that they think it will have trouble further down the road due to the original parts still in place.

no photo
Mon 01/18/10 05:20 PM
The van is a 2000 and has just gone over the 100,000 mile mark recently. I think 500 dollars sounds steep too. I will get the written estimate tomorrow and see what he is projecting each part to cost. I'm still hoping that replacing the wires and plugs will get her going for now.

no photo
Mon 01/18/10 03:01 PM
Edited by heathersaysgobucks on Mon 01/18/10 03:01 PM
I called them.........it's got fuel pressure he says, but "lack of spark".

Anyhow......we'll see what tomorrow brings.

no photo
Mon 01/18/10 02:58 PM

you never said if it is fuel injected or carborated

sometimes if you run out of gas with fuel injection you have to prime the fuel filter and the injectors to get it running again

That's what I thought when I read her first post. Should be easy enough for a mechanic and relatively inexpensive.

Thanks..I'm going to ask them if they did that.

no photo
Mon 01/18/10 02:57 PM
I see I missed some questions....sorry.

The van cut out only the one time.....when it was almost E.

The alternator is fine.

The battery is new. The tires are new. The oil is always changed on time.....laugh

no photo
Mon 01/18/10 02:54 PM
The repair guy says he thinks the van needs new ignition coil, cap, rotor, wires and spark plugs. For a grand total of 498.00. Basically because they are original parts, not necessarily because they don't work. He also can't tell me for sure the van will start after he does all this.

I told him put in the new plugs and wires and call me if it starts.

Pure and utter bullcrap, as always. I now have to borrow a car because they took all day and can't put plugs in until they order them. Which will maybe be tomorrow.

no photo
Mon 01/18/10 12:07 PM
Thank you Tanya. Didn't mean to turn this thread into a ***** session.....just feeling a little defeated.

no photo
Mon 01/18/10 10:37 AM
Yep well we'll have to see. The van is still sitting where I left it even though he had said they would go get it in "just a little bit". I guess their little bit means 5 hours.
That's not a good way to start out this little interaction, and me telling the guy his son was cocky and rude to me on the phone probably didn't go over well either.

I absolutely hate having to deal with auto mechanics. I almost always get screwed over in the process, because they know I have to have that van back (it's got a wheelchair lift in it to transport my kiddo) and I have no choice but to pay the money to get it back. I'm just hoping this time the charges are fair.

Yes, it's a fuel injected. Sorry to ramble.

no photo
Mon 01/18/10 06:54 AM
Oh thank you, that chart was very helpful.

The mechanic is going to pull the van over one block to their shop and take a look at it this morning. It did the same thing this morning as last night.

Thanks for all the input.

no photo
Sun 01/17/10 06:31 PM
K, well I'm hoping it will magically start in the morning....laugh

The damn fuse boxes are in the engine compartment somewhere (way down behind something probably) and one under the seat in which you have to take the seat out (isn't that handy?). So whatever it is, it's going to have to be looked at, because I can't fix anything that has been mentioned by anyone here or by friends. Except put the cleaner stuff in the gas.

I need to win the lottery big time!..:tongue:

G'night all and thanks.

no photo
Sun 01/17/10 06:22 PM
The van has not started yet. It's possible it "flooded", although I didn't think that really happened anymore with newer engines. I'm going to walk down in the morning and try to start it one more time before I talk to the service guy. I just wanted to be a bit more informed before they take me to the cleaners!

Thank you all!

no photo
Sun 01/17/10 05:43 PM
Thank you much folks....I'm gonna go get a few things done and will check back on here after bit. I appreciate all the advice!

1 2 3 4 6 8 9 10 24 25