no photo
Sat 12/05/09 01:57 PM
Ok.....well it is in the 30 and 40 somethings forum.....so we'll change to the 30's and 40's Retreat....laugh

I've just turned 40 a few months ago anyhow.

Thanks for replying though, I was beginning to get a complex....hehehe.

no photo
Sat 12/05/09 01:50 PM
Huh....that was a flop...laugh

no photo
Sat 12/05/09 09:22 AM
Seinfeld
ER
Friends
The Brady Bunch (sue me, I love it)

no photo
Sat 12/05/09 09:21 AM

Knight Rider
Roseanne
According to jim
Married with children
Fresh prince of belair
Gilligans Island
Tales from the crypt
The Adams Family
WKRP
Xfiles
Outer limits
Threes company
The Beverly Hillbillies
Fraggle rock .

Thats all i can think of atm lol

OMG....How could I have forgotten Fraggle Rock. That show so owned all.laugh

My daughter is currently watching the last season on DVD. She's loving it.

no photo
Sat 12/05/09 09:19 AM
Here's the place where all of us 40 somethings can hang out.
Talk about whatever you want. You might even find a date!

I'll start....
My name is Heather and I'm 40....laugh I have 2 children and a beagle who is finally almost potty trained (yay!). I am currently procrastinating but will get all the christmas decorations finished TODAY!!!

NEXT!

no photo
Sat 12/05/09 08:50 AM

Pardon my confusion, but isn't an LDR one where you DON'T move to be near them? Doesn't it become a just-plain Relationship if you move?

If you mean would I give serious consideration to dropping everything and move to be near someone I've only known from a great distance, I'd have to say a brain tumor or aneurysm would be required first. The degree of childish belief in the magic of love required is beyond my aged abilities.

I WOULD move heaven, earth, AND give up my favorite parking spot to be with someone I already loved, if I could. I have a personal limit though, of a severely handicapped child, who I would NOT give up being near for any mere lover.

I hear you......I am in the same situation and of course children come first, before being able to traipse off into the sunset chasing after an elusive dream. I think that LDR would have to turn into much more before I would ever consider making any life changes. That's why I haven't dated anyone long distance...it just didn't seem fair to them as they would have to the be the one doing all the traveling.

no photo
Sat 12/05/09 08:40 AM
Wow.....I have never heard of this. Gonna have to look into it.

no photo
Sat 12/05/09 08:36 AM
Oh Nicole.....I'm so sorry to hear this. You both will by in my thoughts and prayers. I remember those feelings all too well. Will be waiting to hear an update on your son.
flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou

no photo
Sat 12/05/09 08:32 AM

OH,,,I should say,,,YOUR BEST WEAPON,,,,is to NEVER stop your car.
and,,,,,,it can "STOP" ANYTHING that WANTS to harm YOU,,,,wink,,

drinker

Never stop the car to engage people. If they appear to need assistance, call the police on your cell phone. But, don't stop.

Yep......I hear you both. I won't be stopping again. It all happened so fast, I stopped without thinking. If that ever happens again, I will hold up my phone and try to go around or back up and go the other way. Hindsight, you know?

no photo
Sat 12/05/09 06:16 AM

Road Rage that is.

I was a victim of it this morning. Dude thought I was purposely putting my bright lights on him and stopped in the middle of the road and proceeded to come at me in my vehicle shouting every obscenity in the book. First I was shocked, then angry and then scared. Scared didn't come until way later when I realized I was out on a country highway at 6 AM with nobody else in sight and I could have possibly been hurt by this jerkwad. I'm thinking of carrying something in my car to protect myself from now on (like a police baton...I have a couple). Mostly I'm a little bit nervous to find out if this a-hole is going to be driving my route every morning.

Anyone else ever had an experience like this.......more than just the usual run of the mill flip off?

Police baton won't do you good... you need to swing it and from behind the steering wheel that cannot be done.

I suggest the following "For Her" self defence weapons:

1. Mace.
2. Fece.
3. Mice.
5. Mousse.
6. Miss.
7. Misc.
8. Suggestive loungerie.
9. A bright light that you shine in his eye, thus temporarily blinding him.

It's 30 degrees around here.....I'm not driving to work in my nighty......although.......that would definitely SCARE him away....laugh

no photo
Sat 12/05/09 06:15 AM

Wow, Heather...sorry to hear about your experience! Be careful out there!
noway

Thank you girlfriend....miss you!!

no photo
Fri 12/04/09 04:47 PM
Well hell.......no wonder......I'm doing it all wrong!! laugh

no photo
Fri 12/04/09 04:43 PM
Awwwwww, that's fabulous! I'm happy for you. I can't wait to have that feeling again....:banana:

no photo
Fri 12/04/09 01:40 PM
What great news!! Good luck to you both!

no photo
Fri 12/04/09 01:36 PM

Kristi is right........I keep a can of wasp spray in my passenger seat for that very reason....I am not kidding.

Let em run thier mouth with a faceful of that sh**.

This is very informative information!!!

no photo
Thu 12/03/09 06:59 PM

It wasn't me. I'm sorta grateful to live in a town of 13,000 people as opposed to 3 million formerly, on a freeway with 13 lanes, all going no where. Any time traffic does something weird here, I'm not thinking of how long it'll be before I can go forward one car length with no possibility of moving left or right. Small town folk who've never been outside of small town traffic don't know how good it really is.

Nope it wasn't you. I was out on 68 north by the little church. Unless you drive a shiny white work truck.....hehehe.

no photo
Thu 12/03/09 06:55 PM
Edited by heathersaysgobucks on Thu 12/03/09 06:56 PM

I had a guy turn right on a red light, cutting across 4 lanes of traffic. I was in the far lane and he pulled right in front of me... causing me to swerve. I honked 1 time. ONCE. and HE was in the wrong. He chased me for MILES. I had to call the cops. He cut in and out of cars, coming up right next to me, like he was going to side swipe me. Shaking his fist and screaming... telling me I should F'N Die and I'm an F'n B@#ch and everything else. It was terrifying. I really thought he was going to crash into me and attack me. He face was pure red. scared scared scared He changed his tone when I pulled out my nephews BB gun and pointed it at his head... He turned off the next street.

Just think though, if that person had a gun too.....that's the part that worries me about guns. I don't know where people get all this anger.......it's disconcerting.
I agree... but at the time I really thought he was going to attack me and I didn't have any other option. He was literally inches from the side of my car swerving at me. Had I not had it, I believe it would have kept getting worse.

I totally understand why you did that......it was one of my thoughts as well. Be my luck the guy would pull out a real one and that'd be the end of me...laugh

no photo
Thu 12/03/09 06:51 PM

\
Dude thought I was purposely putting my bright lights on him and stopped in the middle of the road and proceeded to come at me in my vehicle shouting every obscenity in the book.

If you didn't put on your bright lights, how'd they get turned on? Have you ever been driving down a dark street and the person behind you has left on their high beams? It's dangerous especially now with all the HDL lights on all the newer cars. You are lucky you or him didn't get in an accident.

Well perhaps I will explain then. I was the one on the highway, him behind me.......he comes up over a hill and blows by me at about 80 MPH and jumps in front BEFORE I even had a chance to turn my lights down. He then flips on his spotlights on the work truck and slams on the brakes, causing me to slam on mine and nearly hit him. Then he jumps out of his car and comes at me. So NO, this was not my fault. This guy was looking for a fight.

no photo
Thu 12/03/09 06:48 PM

I had a guy turn right on a red light, cutting across 4 lanes of traffic. I was in the far lane and he pulled right in front of me... causing me to swerve. I honked 1 time. ONCE. and HE was in the wrong. He chased me for MILES. I had to call the cops. He cut in and out of cars, coming up right next to me, like he was going to side swipe me. Shaking his fist and screaming... telling me I should F'N Die and I'm an F'n B@#ch and everything else. It was terrifying. I really thought he was going to crash into me and attack me. He face was pure red. scared scared scared He changed his tone when I pulled out my nephews BB gun and pointed it at his head... He turned off the next street.

Just think though, if that person had a gun too.....that's the part that worries me about guns. I don't know where people get all this anger.......it's disconcerting.

no photo
Thu 12/03/09 06:46 PM
Yep, I was in shock too. Considering I didn't know the guy and he called me a slut (among other things).....I'm thinking he was having woman problems and was mad at women in general. No excuse for his behavior either. I did call the authorities after prodding from my co-workers and the dispatcher told me if it happens again to call right away and they may be able to get him. I'm hoping it was a random encounter.

1 2 12 13 14 16 18 19 20 24 25