no photo
Sun 11/22/09 02:27 PM
Oh Ledi.....I'm so sorry to hear that. What a douchebag.

no photo
Sun 11/22/09 02:23 PM
I heartily agree OP! There has been some great friendships made and even those I don't know well, I do appreciate their posts, from the witty to the wise!

no photo
Sun 11/22/09 02:20 PM
We had to sit on the stairs until Dad rolled his butt out of bed, and we whispered and tried to sneak peeks around the corner at our presents. Then we had to eat cinnamon rolls and an orange before we could open our stockings.

There was always a reading of "The Night Before Christmas" on Christmas Eve.

Jesus gets a birthday cake every year.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LGyGNxHtvRk

no photo
Sun 11/22/09 12:06 PM
Your Christmas sounds great!!

Can't wait to watch A Christmas Story, it's my favorite. We are watching Rocky Mountain Christmas right now.

And I'm with you.....about the magic part.

no photo
Sat 11/21/09 07:04 PM
Or not.....maybe I'll just make a booty call......laugh

KIDDING!

I think I've had one too many cocktails.

no photo
Sat 11/21/09 06:59 PM
I'm really surprised not to hear contrary opinions on the subject. The whole love before sex discussion. I would welcome real life stories from both sides.

no photo
Sat 11/21/09 06:47 PM

or get a rabbit..... so worth the 150.00 :tongue:

laugh Too funny.

There are couples and married people who have less trust and caring in their sex life...

I so agree with this.

This may be a little TMI, but it might help someone else in my same situation so I'm gonna expand a bit here.......

I've thought a lot on this subject, and for me....it's coming down to feeling like a woman again. I spend so much time taking care of all the people and things in my life, I have very little time left to just be a intimate being. I'm not sure if this would do it, but I think it's possible that having a little bit of the basic flesh related communications between a man and woman might help. I seriously think lack of sexual intimacy can begin to make someone bitter. I'm not desperate for a relationship right now, so it could be a LONG time before it happens.

Maybe knocking the dust off with a consenting partner could be just the pick me up needed! laugh

no photo
Sat 11/21/09 06:32 PM

Are we talking of a mutual match of gratification???

HA! Well, sort of.

no photo
Sat 11/21/09 06:28 PM
Well, I guess if it's that good, you just ask for a second course....laugh

I would normally have said no to my own question, but I'm seriously rethinking the whole idea. Two consenting adults who choose to share time together COULD include intimacy with no expectations of anything else....however, I just don't know how muddled that line would be. There would definitely have to be a lot of trust involved.

no photo
Sat 11/21/09 06:14 PM
Ah, now that I got your attention......

Is there ever a time when a one night stand, or a "date" with the sole intention of ending it intimately is a good thing (as long as both parties are fully aware)?

Could it actually be cathartic to have sex with no expectations other than to please each other in that moment?

I'm not talking get drunk and regrets in the morning kind of thing. More like filling a void for each other.

Your thoughts?

no photo
Sat 11/21/09 03:11 PM

Go fix my cap'n morgan and coke NOW laugh drinker drinker

Sounds heavenly. It's 5:00 somewhere!

no photo
Sat 11/21/09 02:52 PM
I turned 40 a couple months ago OP and I do believe I am finally finding myself. I never dreamed it would take this long!! Best wishes to you!!!flowerforyou

no photo
Sat 11/21/09 02:51 PM

I'm 36, and for the past year and a half, I have evaluated my life. See, I feel I am still in my prime, that I have alot to offer, and that my future is going to flat out fun and awesome. I do have my challenges because the future is a scary thing. But I embrace it because I have found solace in the fact that

1. I am growing as a person, meaning I have evolved and that I look at things in so many different ways.

2. I believe that I will make a difference in people's lives. I try to make people laugh and smile on this site, and if I do that, then I have accomplished what I set out to do.

3. I believe I will fall in love again..someday. But I am also ok if I never do. But then again...I am so freaking awesome that whomever the lady is that nabs me should feel darn special.laugh laugh

I had to just accept that I needed to evolve as a human being, and that I have so much to offer this world. Maybe it is writing a post that helps someone deal with a situation. Maybe it is just a smile and conversation to someone, making there day and restoring their faith in people. Whatever it is, I have embraced that I am still gonna be me. I like my alone time, but I also want to give myself to a special woman. I also want to make a difference in people's lives. These things mean something to me, and instead of just sitting by, I am ready to kick things in gear. It is alot of change, and as I said, it is scary. But I am so looking forward to the journey.

Best post of the day thus far and it was SO nice to hear you speaking from the heart!!

no photo
Sat 11/21/09 02:36 PM

no photo
Sat 11/21/09 06:22 AM

Will you bake me cookies if the Penguins lose again tonight?

Well sure. But only if you waddle around a lil' bit first!

no photo
Sat 11/21/09 06:21 AM

Can we just stop messing up the joys of childhood and forcing children to become adults too soon? Kids love Santa Claus and the belief that their dreams can come true!!
Halloween is not the same cause some idiots put razor blades in apples years ago.
Now we want to take away letters to Santa!!
Next, we will be taking away Disney and Cartoons because they are not REAL!!

Yet as adults we can have SciFi movies and go on dating sites believing that we will meet the right person. Why? Because as human beings we like to believe that dreams can come true.

Sorry about the rant but I am so tired of kids being forced to grow up to soon!!!

Thank you sista!!!

What the heck is wrong with allowing children to have a little hope and faith in things that can't be "proven". If you can remain emotionless when you see a child's eyes light up at Christmas time when they write a letter to Santa or when they come down the stairs on Christmas day......then there is something seriously wrong. IMO, life should not always be about facts and truths and using every opportunity to dispel traditions and beliefs. Sometimes, it's perfectly OK to just allow children to trust and believe.

My mom believed in Christmas traditions so much that none of us kids had the heart to even tell her we knew there was no Santa. I still buy her a Christmas book every year and she reads it to the kids along with the traditional "The night before Christmas". It's magical and always gives me goosebumps.

no photo
Sat 11/21/09 06:07 AM

I am an Alabama fan, and next week we play Auburn, and if they ruin our perfect season, trust me, I will NEVER hear the end of it. laugh laugh

Awww, if that happens I'll bake you some cookies or something....:tongue:

no photo
Sat 11/21/09 05:25 AM

Good Morning all you early birds. Who wants to help re-arrange my living room today?

Oh.......and GO BUCKS!!!

I think you guys are going to put the nail in the coffin on the RichRod era at UM.laugh

If we don't, my favorite heckler will never let me live it down.

I am sure all of Michigan will not let any of you OSU fans live it down.laugh laugh

Fo' Sho'...laugh Tim makes me cry sometimes though, he's so mean about it!....sad rofl

no photo
Sat 11/21/09 05:22 AM
Will you be getting conjugal visits?

no photo
Sat 11/21/09 05:20 AM

Good Morning all you early birds. Who wants to help re-arrange my living room today?

Oh.......and GO BUCKS!!!

I think you guys are going to put the nail in the coffin on the RichRod era at UM.laugh

If we don't, my favorite heckler will never let me live it down.