no photo
Sun 11/15/09 01:53 PM
I guess that depends on your definition of "good". People have all kinds of opinions on that subject.

no photo
Sun 11/15/09 01:44 PM

you either like me or you don't... I'm no longer scared rejection. Especially from someone I don't even know.flowerforyou

Ditto......while I feel the need for self improvement, I'm more interested in finding someone who likes me just as I am. Those that don't are just basically missing out on a great woman. I too am no longer scared of rejection.

no photo
Sun 11/15/09 01:42 PM

Or can two people just make a decision to be together..

I'm sure this sentiment could change but that is what I would be perfectly happy doing.....just being together.

no photo
Sun 11/15/09 01:33 PM

I am so excited, I found a cute little gift for my oldest nephew. What a crazy place to find a gift - at the grocery store! They have a little toy/gift section.
:banana: :banana:

Ha! Ya' never know where you might find a christmas gift. Kroger's always has the coolest glassware sets at christmas time with a fun motif on them. I've bought them a couple times as gifts. I'm almost done shopping and I haven't even left the house....hehehe. I do too much impulse spending when I do!

no photo
Sun 11/15/09 08:32 AM
Happy Sunday!!
flowerforyou to you all.

no photo
Sat 11/14/09 06:50 AM
Edited by heathersaysgobucks on Sat 11/14/09 06:50 AM
It might be expired. It doesn't come up to one specific video.

Oh, says username invalid.

no photo
Sat 11/14/09 06:48 AM

I will actually have money for it this year, but I have not started yet.

That's kind of what I expect most men to say. My dad always waited until Christmas Eve to get his done...laugh

no photo
Sat 11/14/09 06:44 AM
Edited by heathersaysgobucks on Sat 11/14/09 06:47 AM
Daniel:

Family dynamics can be interesting to say the least. Especially at holiday times. Have you tried just sort of reaching out to the one aunt who is giving the power trip? Sometimes, you grit your teeth and pretend you like someone for the sake of helping out someone else....and in the end you DO end up making amends and getting along. It might be worth a try.

no photo
Sat 11/14/09 06:38 AM

My mom would have made me walk. I didn't get ride's to school.

laugh My mom would have too. I'd get sent to jail if I did that though, our schools complex is out in the country now. It's a 20 minute drive by car...so that's not an option if it ever happens to my kid.

no photo
Sat 11/14/09 06:36 AM

http://www.youtube.com/user/Danny13646#p/f/3/L2qnu-E6XDU

This has some very great still shots of the movie and Patrick Swayze himself.

Thanks Daniel! And NO, you are not weird....:tongue:

no photo
Sat 11/14/09 06:34 AM
Candy is never a bad idea.....laugh
I forgot one time I did do candies and fruit in a little gift bags. The therapists especially commented on how much they enjoyed having their orange to eat that day. It does get expensive at christmas time trying to make sure all the people that help care for our special little ones get something to show our appreciation. There was one year when all I could do was print out these postcards that had my kiddo's picture on them and this really nice poem showing our appreciation.

no photo
Sat 11/14/09 06:22 AM

My family stopped buying for adults also, just for the kids. But last year we played the game with gifts nobody knew what they were (forgot the name of it).. the one where one person could take the gift from another, not knowing what they'd end up with? lol

We kept the limit at $5. A few thought that they'd get "junk" and at first didn't want to participate.. but in the end, they found out you really COULD get some useful things. $5 gas cards, reusuable shopping bags, dryer sheets, box of crackers/cheese .. it wasn't much, but we made it fun and that's the most important part of family get togethers!

I started shopping for my boys already.. not a big start yet, but getting there. I'm one that likes to go shopping on Black Friday, I think it's fun AND exciting! hehe

Is that called White Elephant Gift Exchange? My mom and her sisters used to do that, was always a hoot!

Lordy, Black Friday.....I need to see what deals there are, but really do not like the crowds.

no photo
Sat 11/14/09 06:21 AM

Then its onto teachers (2), therapists (5), bus driver and aide, ugh, its crazy.

Nicole....I usually do ornaments for the teachers and therapists and bus drivers. I used to get these really cute glittery ones at the dollar store (found those on a random trip one time), but since they've already had those a couple times (hehe) I thought I better do something different. I ordered out of Oriental Trader this year. It should be arriving soon. I'm hoping they are of good quality. I spent like 60 bucks and got a TON of ornaments and bags for the people mentioned above and all the other misc. gifts we end up needing every year for last minute things. Oriental Trader had some really cute ornaments to buy in bulk, like 8.99$ a dozen.

no photo
Sat 11/14/09 05:28 AM
Paper..sounds like you are well ahead of schedule!

Delilady...I love the idea of the soup and bread baskets! Something homemade is always so nice. I usually do fruit baskets or a little box of candy for our special neighbors. It's bad because I do so enjoy giving to others, and I end up spending too much money! I'm trying to keep it on the low end this year.

no photo
Sat 11/14/09 05:07 AM
Who's already doing it?

I have one child more than half done and one started and all the teacher/misc./extended family gifts taken care of. I'm a single parent so I have to do a little at a time.

Also, how many of us are downsizing this year on Christmas due to the state of the economy?

no photo
Sat 11/14/09 05:02 AM

I want a woman who accepts me for who I am.

I hope you find her.....flowerforyou

no photo
Sat 11/14/09 04:59 AM

I have 3 children, one of which has high functioning Autism. It's hard being single. It's even harder being a single parent, but I think it's the hardest when you are a single parent with a special needs child!

I applaud all of you in this thread!

flowers :thumbsup:

:thumbsup: Clap for you too!! Welcome!

no photo
Sat 11/14/09 04:58 AM

Ha! My son made Captain of his soccer team at school, and he has AWESOME grades, AND hes been so awesome, hes been going on field trips..

YYAYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!

MY CHILD RULESS!

That's great!

no photo
Sat 11/14/09 04:58 AM

I have a soon to be 6yr old little girl with adhd and she's also bi polar. It's been nothing but a struggle to even get the right help she needed let alone someone who I can talk too. when you have only your 6yr old conversations are limited.lol so I would like to say hello to everyone. nettie

Hi Nettie! Welcome to the thread! I agree, it's hard to find people who understand.

no photo
Sat 11/14/09 04:39 AM

I'm gonna eat this whole box of wheat thins...they are so yummy.laugh laugh laugh

Why do they do that? Something that is supposed to be healthy is so tasty.....then you eat way too many, and it becomes not healthy anymore! I luvs me some wheat thins.

I confess, I sometimes ignore those silly forwards on my cell phone. Whoever thought of that idea needs to be shot.