Community > Posts By > Journey2008

Journey2008's photo
Fri 06/13/08 11:08 AM

I stomped my toe taking out the trash. messed my little toe up really bad. And since we are selling our house, we have people coming to look at it witch mean that we have to clean up and leave so that they can look at it. So its always frantic. And this morning a realator showed up unanounced, so i almost broke my neck running down the stairs. The people looking at my house didn't like it cause we have a retaining wall in the back yard because they wanted a pool. then i burn't my hand on the iron trying to straighten my hair. but i am still in a positive mood. Any one else?

Did you realize it's Friday the 13th? Are you superstitious? I'm sorry these things happenned to you. Maybe the rest of the day will be better.flowerforyou

Journey2008's photo
Wed 06/11/08 07:31 AM

It's not true. "In God We Trust" is on the edge of the coin.

See here:
http://www.snopes.com/politics/religion/dollarcoin.asp

I just went to your thread. It plainly states that "In God We Trust" is not on the coin

Where did you see that at? I just reread the entire article again to make sure I wasn't misinterpreting something, and I didn't see it.

It even shows the pictures of the coin's edge showing "In God We Trust".

Just went there again and it reads the same. I'm trying to copy and paste but it won't let me .

Scroll clear down to the bottom, because what you are looking at is the article that is being sent around. That is false. Scroll down to the bottom and you can read the truth about the coinflowerforyou flowerforyou

Journey2008's photo
Wed 06/11/08 05:40 AM
I logged into JSH to get mine to go away. It was aggravating, I kept thinking I had new mail and it was just the one I had already read.

Journey2008's photo
Tue 06/10/08 08:13 PM
Cheapest I found in Austin is $3.81

Journey2008's photo
Sat 06/07/08 01:34 PM

Last night after work, I stopped in at Mt. View to see her and to give her a gift before her discharge today. Well, or so I thought! SHE WAS DISCHARGED TUESDAY!!!!! She's at her mother's!

That is wonderful news!!! God speed her recovery and give them a safe trip to Florida!flowerforyou flowerforyou

Journey2008's photo
Sat 06/07/08 01:31 PM

What ever you do DO NOT go to Pine Bluff. I used to live there and it is a VERY scary place, day or night!!!!!!!!!!!!!!frown frown frown frown frown frown frown frown frown frown frown

Oh ((Greer)) Thanks for the heads up!flowerforyou drinker

Journey2008's photo
Sat 06/07/08 01:27 PM
Edited by Journey2008 on Sat 06/07/08 01:28 PM

Your family should feel truly blessed to have such a good momma/nana like youflowerforyou flowerforyou

I totally think asking for a weekend off or just an evening off every week should not be too much to ask for. That way you won't feel overwhelmed.

Good Luck and Cheers to you!!!drinker

That's the word I was looking for...overwhelmed...that's the way I have been feeling lately. Plus the fact that my son and daughter in law are leaving on Saturday for a week long cruise, and I will have the kids all by myself. I have just been feeling overwhelmed.

Why couldn't they have stayed home with their children after not being around them so long and let you go on the cruise so you will be able to have some time for yourself for a change??

They have already sent me on a month long vacation back to the East coast to visit family and friends. They needed this vacation for themselves too. They have been apart for 10 months, in this hellacious war, I think they deserve some alone time themselves.flowerforyou

Journey2008's photo
Sat 06/07/08 09:07 AM
I had way too much to drink last night!drinker

Journey2008's photo
Sat 06/07/08 09:06 AM
Thanks for the info, OK, I have a pool in the back yard, but a museum would be a nice place to take the kids. I'll check into that.

(((Cleo))) I thought you lived in AR. I'm gonna check out the River Market. And my son told me they are having the Power Tour Car Show this weekend at the fairgrounds. I may try to check that out also.flowerforyou

Journey2008's photo
Sat 06/07/08 09:01 AM

Have you tried a local church?

Why a church ?. This couple are both working . It seems she needs a life . Her son and his wife are adults and can solve their own problems . She can not raise her children and then her grandchildren . She needs time for herself . In my opinion , she should share her concerns with her son and her daughter in law . Now it is in the Internet and everyone knows about it . Is the son the last one to know ?.laugh laugh .

NO...he is not! My son and daughter in law know I am having a hard time deciding what to do with the rest of my life!!!

Journey2008's photo
Fri 06/06/08 04:12 PM

Set your kids down and explain you need time to read a book,go to a movie or something.See if they can get a day care provider to come in for one day or night a week(split that twelve hour shift) so you have either a night or day during the week free.Tell them weekends are your time so you can recuperate and they can reconnect with their children since they aren't really spending time with them since they are working so hard.
Hopefully the kids start school soon and the problem will take care of itself.good luck..drinker

thanks, that's an idea. The oldest starts school in the fall, so that will help some. Other than the little one complaing, already, that he HAS to go to school too.laugh

Journey2008's photo
Fri 06/06/08 04:09 PM
Thanks Cleoflowerforyou I was beginning to think no one wanted to talk to me.drinker

Journey2008's photo
Fri 06/06/08 01:08 PM
Well I guess not....no wonder I am stuck in this house all the time. Apparently there is no one in Arkansas that wants to talk to me:cry: :cry: :cry:

Journey2008's photo
Fri 06/06/08 01:03 PM

Have you tried a local church?

Am going to try that. Had already thought of that. I need to find one here.

I wish I could come up for the gathering, but can't do it this time. You'll have to have fun without medrinker

Journey2008's photo
Fri 06/06/08 01:01 PM

why can't you get a life while living there and helping them out?

because they are gone from 10 or 10:30 in the morning until 11:30 at night. There is no daycare open those hours. That leaves the weekends, but I haven't had a chance to get out and meet anybody yet. I'm not from here, so I have no friends to hang out with.

Journey2008's photo
Fri 06/06/08 11:53 AM

It has been very nice of you to help your children and grandchildren out...very nice.

But if your son can afford to pay your bills, he can afford to pay childcare.

He and his wife can rearrange their work schedules to accommodate you moving out and getting back with your own life.

rearranging work schedules is easier said than done.

Journey2008's photo
Fri 06/06/08 06:38 AM
Does anyone have any good ideas where a girl can go, around the Little Rock area, without having to be concerned about going by herself???

Journey2008's photo
Fri 06/06/08 06:20 AM
my grandsonsflowerforyou drinker

Journey2008's photo
Thu 06/05/08 07:02 PM

Why can't you get a place that is close to them so you can still help them out with the children? Mabey they could pay a bill to help you as you help them as well. You do need a life outside of your children and grandchildren though!!!! I will keep you in my prayers.flowerforyou

Thank you!flowerforyou They pay all my bills for me now. They can't afford to pay rent and utillities on top of that, and there is no time left in the day for me to get a job of my own.

Journey2008's photo
Thu 06/05/08 07:00 PM

Your family should feel truly blessed to have such a good momma/nana like youflowerforyou flowerforyou

I totally think asking for a weekend off or just an evening off every week should not be too much to ask for. That way you won't feel overwhelmed.

Good Luck and Cheers to you!!!drinker

That's the work I was looking for...overwhelmed...that's the way I have been feeling lately. Plus the fact that my son and daughter in law are leaving on Saturday for a week long cruise, and I will have the kids all by myself. I have just been feeling overwhelmed.

1 2 6 7 8 10 12 13 14 24 25