Community > Posts By > Journey2008

Journey2008's photo
Mon 12/01/08 06:44 AM

Tacoma is okay if you like cities, it is maybe 15 or so miles from Seattle, and in the other direction is about 25 miles from Olympia (I prefer Olympia to the bigger cities). Lots of outlying towns/cities, major traffic, used to be a big gang area, and was known as the meth capital of the state, don't know about now, hopefully it has been cleaned up. I would look into one of the smaller towns on the outskirts to live in, just my choice. Fort Lewis Army Base if is there and McChord Air Force too. Good luck.

Thanks for the info, Marie. My son is in the army, going to be stationed in Ft. Lewis. I'm moving with them to help out with the kids while he is gone overseas. I've never been further West than Oklahoma. It's hard moving to a new place and not knowing the good from the bad places. Any help is sure appreciated. I want the kids to be in the safest place possible.

Journey2008's photo
Sun 11/30/08 04:05 PM
around the Tacoma area, and I have been reading through some of the threads. I have to be honest here, some of you are making it sound really dull and like a not so good place to benoway ....Please tell me it isn't so...

Journey2008's photo
Thu 11/27/08 07:23 PM

THANKSGIVING PRAYER FOR OUR SOLDIERS

Today we gather around the dinner table with family and friends to share good food, warm laughter, and the happy memories of Thanksgivings past. But for many families, whose loved ones serve in the Armed Forces, this year's Thanksgiving celebration will not be complete.tears

A familiar voice will not be heard and a chair at the table will remain empty because, they have someone far from home serving our country. sad :cry: sad

Amen

Thank you so much, Vanessa, for your continued prayers. We have found out that my son is to be stationed in the state of Washington and that he will be going overseas by the beginning of summer. We are trying to get ourselves ready for the move. Please pray that the transition is smooth.

Today also, members of the Army, Marines, Navy, Airforce and Coastguard (men and women, Active Duty, Reserve and National Guard alike) will gather in mess halls or in tents across the globe as friends and comrades to enjoy the traditional Thanksgiving meal. drinker :heart: drinker

So, as those of us who are blessed to be with our families celebrate and give thanks,drinker

let us remember in our prayers the homes that have an empty chair at the table and also offer a special prayer of thanksgiving and ask God’s Blessings for the brave men and women of our Armed Forces,
whose service and sacrifice will, we further pray, make the world a better and safer place. drinker

And a very special prayer dear God, :heart: for those homes that have an empty chair that will forever remain vacant drinker and for those servicemen and women who have come back to us,flowerforyou
may their sacrifice not have been in vain. sad

THANKSGIVING PRAYER

Oh God, when I have food, help me remember the hungry. When I have a home, help me remember the homeless. When I am with friends and family who love me, help me remember those who are friendless and shunned. And remembering, help me destroy my complacency, move my heart and reach out by word and deed to those who cry out for what we take for granted.

:heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

Journey2008's photo
Wed 11/26/08 05:44 AM
flowers flowers Many, many prayers being said for you and your sweet Anna. I hope you enjoyed your Thanksgiving!flowers flowers

Journey2008's photo
Tue 11/25/08 07:26 PM
Edited by Journey2008 on Tue 11/25/08 07:27 PM
:heart: I am thankful for the many things I have in my life, but I am most especially thankful to the brave men and women that put there lives on the line, daily, to defend our freedom and keep us safe. I am proud to say that I am a Military Mom, both my sons and my daughter in law serve in our great military, and I couldn't be more proud!!:heart: :heart: I thank God, daily, for these special men and women in our military and ask that He keep them safe and bring them home soon to their families.:heart:

Journey2008's photo
Wed 11/19/08 11:27 AM

sad :cry: sad !!!!!!! Bring Our Troops Home Now !!!!!!! sad :cry: sad

:cry: :cry: Please!!:cry: :cry:

Journey2008's photo
Wed 11/19/08 08:18 AM
:heart: flowers Lots of love, hugs and prayers for you and Anna flowers :heart:

Journey2008's photo
Wed 11/19/08 08:13 AM
flowerforyou flowerforyou Congratulations! and the best to you and your new little one!flowerforyou flowerforyou

Journey2008's photo
Wed 11/19/08 07:25 AM
flowerforyou Eileena, your dad is in my thoughts and prayers, as well as you and the rest of your family. Don't forget to take care of yourself too!flowerforyou

Journey2008's photo
Tue 11/18/08 07:46 PM

Journey..as I posted on my prayer thread made by Vannessa..

I am always with you and your boys..

:heart: smooched flowers Hugs

Su zanne

Thanks Suzanne...I am with you and yours also. It's tough...my youngest is getting ready to go on his fifth deployment. My oldest is getting ready for his first. But we are their moms and we have to stay strong and support them! I couldn't be more proud of my sons, and I am sure you are proud of yours also.:heart: flowers

Journey2008's photo
Tue 11/18/08 07:40 PM
Edited by Journey2008 on Tue 11/18/08 07:41 PM

Hi Suzanneflowerforyou Love and prayers for you and Brettflowerforyou I found a website you may be interested in. It is thebandofmothers.com
It's pretty awesome, check it out. Us moms need to stick togetherflowerforyou

Hello Journey..

How are you?

Haven't forgotten you..

You are always in my prayers and my heart..

Just so much going on..that I am having a hard time getting to talk to you, Repunzel,Terry, and others..

I'll be around soon though...

All my Love

Suzanne

Thank u for that site..will look it up..

I enjoyed the 1 Repunzel posted but there is never anyone on..

I light more candles..then get lost in the site..lol

:heart: smooched flowers Hugs

No problem...I'm trying to stay busy...and trying to be patient. We don't know where my son is going to be stationed yet, and at the same time they are now saying he may be going overseas before Christmas. We are praying for that NOT to happen. The beginning of the year is going to be soon enough for me to have both my boys over there! I am also praying that they don't deploy my daughter in law again too. That would not be good! I am only one mom...I can't be in two places at one time, lol. Take care and remember you are in my prayers! God Bless!flowers

Journey2008's photo
Tue 11/18/08 09:15 AM
:heart: flowerforyou :heart: Prayers, prayers, and more prayers being said for Anna.:heart: flowerforyou :heart:

Journey2008's photo
Tue 11/18/08 09:11 AM
Hi Suzanneflowerforyou Love and prayers for you and Brettflowerforyou I found a website you may be interested in. It is thebandofmothers.com
It's pretty awesome, check it out. Us moms need to stick togetherflowerforyou

Journey2008's photo
Sun 11/16/08 08:58 AM

http://pro.corbis.com/images/42-15355595.jpg?size=572&uid={BD78C55A-FAAF-4E34-8610-BD8C5123DDE5}

And yes. Its the same kind of meat, but don't buy a hamburger and add the meat.. haha. It can be bought as cow meat or pigs meat. =)

That's called ground beef.

Btw, we measure it by pounds and not grams.

What's dl mean for the sour cream - if you mean sour cream?

Its food cream, not sour cream. Its kinda like whipped cream but used for food and you dont freaking whip it.

dl=deciliter: a metric unit of volume equal to one tenth of a liter

400grams is this = 0.881849049 pounds. So do I need to cook it for you as well?
I'm not from America or UK sweetheart, so if you want the recipe in American or UK measures, search the measures and meats online. its just that simple. =) Don't mean to sound harsh, but not all use the same measures around the world. And I use Grams and KG and DL

Do you need to cook it for me as well?huh

You have to be condescending because I didn't recognize "dl".slaphead

Hi Winx...when I read the recipe I thought the dl meant a dollop,laugh guess I was wrong too.

Journey2008's photo
Sat 11/15/08 10:41 AM

light and prayers said for your loved ones.

Oh, thank you so much! The picture is wonderful, and the prayers are so greatly appreciated!

Journey2008's photo
Sat 11/15/08 05:30 AM

My thoughts and prayers to all of you serving and family that have someone serving or have served..Come from a military family myself...as I travel alot , I have adopted the habit of thanking military people when I see them, whereever they are.. Some get tears in their eyes when I do and then I get tears...they don't hear this enough.. just do it and let them know they are appreciated flowers flowers flowers flowers

thank you, they really do appreciate the thank yous.flowerforyou

Journey2008's photo
Fri 11/14/08 08:00 PM

prayers for our military members and their families are always on my list

and mine as well....... I live very near one of the largest Army bases in the nation. Ft. Drum, NY..... I have many friends who are army personell....or the spouse of an Army soldier. Just had dinner with one of my great friends whose husband came home two wks ago....as well as her son.

thank you toreybelle, for your thoughts and prayers. And would you thank your friends for me, for their service to our country. God Bless them.

Journey2008's photo
Fri 11/14/08 07:53 PM

The military amounts to a killing machine consisting of base monkey emotions. Can't give you kudos on those that consciously decide to go kill, not defend. Propoganda is paramount for the military establishment. Don't believe the hype. That's only for the naive and stupid.

Spoken like a brave person, That sits at home on their scared ass and lets someone else earn their freedom!! Every freedom including your freedom to post this, is owed to a solider that bleed for this or another country!!!! So when you decide to write this ignorance remember someone bleed for your words!!!

Thanks so much for defending our soldiers and our country! God Bless You!

Journey2008's photo
Fri 11/14/08 07:51 PM

The military amounts to a killing machine consisting of base monkey emotions. Can't give you kudos on those that consciously decide to go kill, not defend. Propoganda is paramount for the military establishment. Don't believe the hype. That's only for the naive and stupid.

Why don't you find, and talk, with an actual soldier that has been over there and get the TRUTH about what they can and cannot do to protect themselves. And the reason why they are over there. You may be surprised at what you hear. The TRUTH!!!! Not some garbage that the media presents to keep ratings up.

Vanessa, I'm sorry dear, I couldn't let this one pass without voicing my opinion on the matter. Maybe I'm just having a bad day, but I am sick and tired of hearing his kind of garbage about our military. God bless each and every one of them.

Journey2008's photo
Fri 11/14/08 07:36 PM

prayers for our military members and their families are always on my list

Thank you so much for your prayers and for your support of our troopsdrinker

1 2 3 4 6 8 9 10 24 25