Community > Posts By > littleredhen

no photo
Sun 01/25/09 11:50 AM

I am president of the Justaguy fan club!:heart:

I have a fan club???

I wondered why people kept sending me pictures and asking for autographs.slaphead

You want me to find that thread?

no photo
Sun 01/25/09 09:06 AM

oh and btw.. It does appear way to often that women want the following from a guy (reading profiles in other sites)....

a great (not just good) job and make over $100,000
a harley ( bad boy issues)
a good home, toys, quad bikes etc.
a desire to do world travel.
a college education, or more
be a ( should I dare say this) a nice guy, no drama
communication, honesty etc etc

and its usually in that order go figure

Well....

Let me put it this way,

And I am REALLY serious about this!

If I managed to succeed and get ahead to the point I feel comfortable and this means I got a minimum of 1M in the bank, my own home, and an income assured without me having to "work" like I do ever again what makes any of these women think for a moment I would even BE monogamous at that point?
Women can want what you described all day long but those are the words of gold diggers and I could NEVER take a woman with that crap in her profile seriously no matter what she said to me because it will always be a suspicion that my money made me more attractive. What do some women think, they can have OUR cake and eat it too?
Welcome to equality and the new millennium!
Sorry ladies if I am coming off like a choad but the fact is I am sick and tired of all the gold digging I keep coming across.
I am so sick of "prince charming" this and 'Looking for my King' that. It implies "Hi, I'm shallow and am looking for a rich guy that has a lot of money!"
Us Heros are overlooked because we don't have shiny armor.

Are you saying that your financial condition is what decides if you are monagamous, & if you were wealthy you wouldn't be?

no photo
Sun 01/25/09 08:57 AM
To the OP, Your profile shows you are a talented artist, so why are you on SSI? Seems to me you have to talent to make a living.

Your profile also says you are looking for someone who is into BDSM & you will be her servant. Hmmmmmmmmmm seems to me that you basically you want to live on the government & play suffering artist. I know I am going to be called judgemental, but, oh well. I have been told I have good judgement. I see a field of red flags fluttering in the breeze.

no photo
Sun 01/25/09 08:47 AM
I am president of the Justaguy fan club!:heart:

no photo
Sun 01/25/09 08:29 AM

400 post, aren't you all just so happy for me!!

Welcome to Mingle Anonymous. My name's Henny & I am a Mingleholic.

no photo
Sun 01/25/09 08:18 AM

There wasn't an extra dollar.
While returning the $5, the men gave $2 to the bellboy. That means that $3 was returned, for a total of $28 paid for a $25 room. Assuming that the men each paid $9 even is the fallacy.

Each man put in 10 & was returned 1, that does equal 9 apiece,& the 2 for the bellhop. (9x3)+2 =29

no photo
Sun 01/25/09 08:14 AM
I poated this late one night a few months ago, we had fun, but no one could explain it. I sure wish I could ask my jr high math teacher about this one.

no photo
Sat 01/24/09 11:35 PM
I did better than E mail, I am trying mutal match with God! bigsmile

no photo
Sat 01/24/09 10:44 PM
The reality is that some people THINK they are better than others, but that is just thier delusion.

no photo
Sat 01/24/09 10:38 PM
I'll admit that I notice tall men & it works for intial attraction, but I would certainly by pass a tall man that was uncompatable for a shorter man that has the qualities that are important to me. I am a big gal & I sometimes feel awkward next to smaller men, but that's my problem, not thiers. I find that once you talk to someone & get comfortable with them, things like that just don't matter.

no photo
Sat 01/24/09 09:49 AM
Edited by littleredhen on Sat 01/24/09 09:50 AM

no photo
Sat 01/24/09 09:30 AM
I don't believe people are in "leagues" of dateability. I read thier posting history & if it shows evidence that they think like that then I am not interested. I watch for how they interact with others; how they deal with trolls & the cliques; references to exs, drinking, drugs and other issues. The pictures & profile can be pretty packaging, I want to know what's really inside.

no photo
Sat 01/24/09 09:08 AM
Edited by littleredhen on Sat 01/24/09 09:09 AM
I also do this with estimates that are vague. When someone says , "not too much", or "it should be reasonable" I tell them I need them to be more specific. "Do you mean under 5.00, under 50.00, or up to 500.00?, I need to know your best aproximation to compare." I don't asume my ideas of "little while" or "little bit" are the same as thiers.

no photo
Sat 01/24/09 08:58 AM
Edited by littleredhen on Sat 01/24/09 08:59 AM

She want to rent an apartment. 1hr 45 minutes went by. I just called her again to ask. It suppost to be another 1/2 hr.
Why cant people be punctual. I have other things I wanted to do.

I don't accept "a little while" if I am meeting someone. I want a 30 minute range, or they can call me when they can be more specific.

no photo
Fri 01/23/09 10:31 PM
Edited by littleredhen on Fri 01/23/09 10:41 PM

It's cold as chit in Maryland.

Will my @ss really freeze off? laugh

Oh...maybe...is it black ice and windy? I was a Beltsville girl for a lot of years. Brrrrrr....

Calendgirl, I was born & raised on the Eastern Shore. My daughter went to College Park & is living in Baltimore now. She works for the Baltimore Sun as an editor, blogger & literary columnist.

no photo
Fri 01/23/09 10:27 PM

It's cold as chit in Maryland.

Will my @ss really freeze off? laugh

It's going down to -15 in Wisconsin tonight. I miss Maryland.

no photo
Fri 01/23/09 10:16 AM
surprised I'll never ever understand humans. I don't WANT to be able to understand this,it's unbelievable that someone could do this.:cry:

no photo
Fri 01/23/09 09:32 AM

SUZ’S LAMB WITH OLIVE CRUST

3-4 pound boneless leg of lamb*
6-8 cloves of garlic
4 TBS fresh rosemary
8 oz kalamata olives (pitted)
2-4 TBS olive oil
Black pepper to taste (I use a lot, but I really like pepper)

Heat oven to 375 degrees.

Season lamb with black pepper.

In food processor or blender, process olives, garlic, rosemary and about 2 TBS olive oil until thick paste forms. You want the olive paste to stick to the lamb. If it seems too thick or dry, add a little more olive oil at a time but don’t get it too thin or it won’t stick. I know this is kind of vague, but trust me, you’ll know by looking at it if it’s not right.

Cover the lamb thickly on all sides with the olive paste and place in very lightly oiled roasting pan. Place in preheated oven, uncovered, for 20 minutes, then turn the heat down to 325 degrees. Cook an additional 30-40 for medium, longer if you want it more done. Remove from oven and let rest for about 10-15 minutes. Slice and serve. Some of the crust will fall off, this is fairly normal in my experience. DO NOT LET THIS GO TO WASTE. It is an amazing spread on your bread (or crackers or pretty much anything else).

This recipe is the easiest thing ever to prepare but I swear, it tastes like you spent all day slaving over an oven. Hints: do not do what I have done, buy already pitted olives (unless you like black stained fingers and a kink in your neck or back); also, buy or bake a really good loaf of crusty bread, trust me on this one.

This is good with roasted potatoes, rice, couscous, pretty much whatever you like. It is pretty strongly flavored though so whatever you serve with it should be fairly mild.

*If you cannot find a boneless leg of lamb, you can use a semi-boneless or fully boned leg of lamb. But, you will probably need to double up on the crust ingredients. The cooking time should also be adjusted. 20 minutes at 375 then probably another 50-60 minutes at 325, depending on the size of the lamb.

This sounds sooooo good! Bookmarked this thread.

no photo
Fri 01/23/09 08:07 AM

<--- tries not to hang out where people get murdered. Be seeing you.

My thoughts exactly.

no photo
Thu 01/22/09 08:32 AM

One of the towns I lived in Princess Anne MD is on the list. I do know that there was a lynching there in the late 50's or early 60's, they wanted to use my great Aunts tree & she ran them off. She didn't save the poor man, but they didn't kill him in her yard. Her house is now the home of the local historical society.

As recently as 20 years ago they were still trying to prevent blacks from voting. They were actually telling people you had to be a property owner to vote.

Princess Anne is home to UMES, the traditionally black campus of the University of Md. During the 60's there were race riots there, Police with fire hoses & dogs, like you have seen on the footage from Selma. I remember seeing this on the local news.I was born & raised 15 miles north of Princess Anne. I also remember adults around me saying things like "this is city niggers doing this, our local ones are good niggers & don't cause trouble" My family was very racist.

I raised my daughter here, & we lived in a mixed neighborhood & personally never had any problems. I was a renter & didn't have a problem voting, but I don't doubt that black renters were told that they couldn't. I remember that mess very well.

I never heard of term "Sundown town" but knowing the history of the area I am not surprised.

I just googled this & I was wrong on the date. It was 1933. OK I was told 50 years ago, but I guess I did 1st hear the story in the 80's. I always heard the last lyching in the state was in Dorchester Co in the 70's, but I can't find any documentation. This is the county where Harriet Tubman was born.

http://www.mdcivilrights.org/Lynching.html

1 3 5 6 7 8 9 24 25