Community > Posts By > littleredhen

no photo
Thu 01/22/09 08:01 AM
One of the towns I lived in Princess Anne MD is on the list. I do know that there was a lynching there in the late 50's or early 60's, they wanted to use my great Aunts tree & she ran them off. She didn't save the poor man, but they didn't kill him in her yard. Her house is now the home of the local historical society.

As recently as 20 years ago they were still trying to prevent blacks from voting. They were actually telling people you had to be a property owner to vote.

Princess Anne is home to UMES, the traditionally black campus of the University of Md. During the 60's there were race riots there, Police with fire hoses & dogs, like you have seen on the footage from Selma. I remember seeing this on the local news.I was born & raised 15 miles north of Princess Anne. I also remember adults around me saying things like "this is city niggers doing this, our local ones are good niggers & don't cause trouble" My family was very racist.

I raised my daughter here, & we lived in a mixed neighborhood & personally never had any problems. I was a renter & didn't have a problem voting, but I don't doubt that black renters were told that they couldn't. I remember that mess very well.

I never heard of term "Sundown town" but knowing the history of the area I am not surprised.

no photo
Thu 01/22/09 07:47 AM
I thought it meant retirement town.ohwell

no photo
Wed 01/21/09 10:43 PM

i was riding going about 45 to 50 mph and this chick turned left right in front of me. i hit her broad side totaling the bike, the front end is now apart of the side of the bike:(

i was thrown and slid about 40 to 50 feet. i didn't have my helmet on and was super lucky cause i didn't hit my head.

got some bad road rash on my left arm and shoulder, my left leg hurts and so does my right hand/forearm. i was wearing a short sleeved shirt with my vest and a pair of pants. i even lost my left shoe which was found underneath the bike.

the chick didn't even come over and see if i was alright or to say she was sorry. i went to go see what damage i did to her SUV and i asked if she was ok and she sneered at me and said no.

she got the ticket and admitted to seeing me and turned anyways thinking she could make the turn.

i am hoping her insurance pays for my bike and gives enough to get another bike.

noway I'm glad you are going to be OK, but I bet you are hurting. She sounds like a self centered rude person. It would not have mattered whose "fault" it was, I still would have been concerned 1st for your condition. I try to be very aware of bikes on the road & give them plenty of room. I won't ride one in traffic, I'm scared to death of the oncoming cars.

no photo
Wed 01/21/09 10:09 PM

My take on this is that the copy is issued by the state & is legal. I think the original application may have embarrassing information & Obama dosn't want to make his parents look bad.

In 1961 things were very different.

I have read & I believe that Obama's father was already married to a Kenyan woman when he impregnated a 17 year old white girl. Supposedly they got married, but I don't think it was valid. The original application may have the marital status on it. This isn't revelant to his eligability, but may be embarassing to him.

laugh laugh laugh laugh

Im sorry.
But where did you get that assumption from??

laugh laugh laugh laugh
Have you never lost your birth certificate?
They are all copies. The original stays with the registrar of deeds in the county of birth.

I am not questioning the birth certificate. I know they are all copies.

no photo
Wed 01/21/09 10:07 PM

My take on this is that the copy is issued by the state & is legal. I think the original application may have embarrassing information & Obama dosn't want to make his parents look bad.

I have read & I believe that Obama's father was already married to a Kenyan woman when he impregnated a 17 year old white girl. Supposedly they got married, but I don't think it was valid. The original application may have the marital status on it. This isn't revelant to his eligability, but may be embarassing to him.

The copy that is posted on this thread states his mother's maiden name.

Yes that is on my birth certificate & my daughter's. It states maiden name,but no referance to marital status.

no photo
Wed 01/21/09 10:02 PM

no photo
Wed 01/21/09 09:44 PM

I guess I could try spring water from a local spring,in Maryland I had a rain barrel, but here it would be frozen half the year.I can't afford to buy bottled water, I have 6 tanks going.

Ah, A true devotee to the world aquatic! PH is very important but so is mineral content as well. The stuff in California tap water would raise many an eyebrow if people tested it. I did. the tap water here is 26 to 30 degrees (german) mineral hardness. You could beat people to death with that water!

bigsmile So truebigsmile

Mirror do you like aquariums?

no photo
Wed 01/21/09 09:28 PM

I found my answer. He's Robert Hunter Biden,age 2. He was perfectly centered between Obama & Roberts yesterday. I was watching him more than the president.

DAMN!!! I really DON'T have all the answers...lol

I was being lazy, I usually do my own research.

I'm home from work sick, I think I am thru with McDonalds for a while. sick I went in & punched out within 30 minutes. The drive home was hell, but I'm better now.

no photo
Wed 01/21/09 09:24 PM
Edited by littleredhen on Wed 01/21/09 09:32 PM
I'm not so sure, I think she'll wait until 2016. I don't think she'd seriously challege the encumbant, the party has her leashed now.

no photo
Wed 01/21/09 09:14 PM
I found my answer. He's Robert Hunter Biden,age 2. He was perfectly centered between Obama & Roberts yesterday. I was watching him more than the president.

no photo
Wed 01/21/09 09:08 PM

Hillary is Obama's biggest mistake. She wont last 4 years in that job.

Between her and Bill, the Ethics rules Obama just made will do her in.
They aren't able to keep their hands out of special interests and pay offs.

I agree.

no photo
Wed 01/21/09 09:05 PM
Who was the adorable little redheaded boy who was behind Obama & Roberts yesterday while the oath was being taken? Was that a Biden grandchild?

no photo
Wed 01/21/09 09:01 PM
Edited by littleredhen on Wed 01/21/09 09:01 PM

You know I was thinking about it and though I am very aware of the suffering blacks have endured, I am not sure that women have endured 'less' over time. Unless of course we are going by count, which I don't think we are.

Both black and white women have taken some pretty bad beatings and have been hung for supposed witchcraft etc. Maybe blacks would see that differently but I am not sure they would if they know history around the world and what women have also endured.

I was thinking of US history current enough to bring out the emotions of the witnesses to this election & inauguration. There were people in the crowd yesterday that had actually experienced the beatings & witnessed lynchings of blacks in this country. Worldwide back through all of civilization,maybe females as a group have suffered more, but in the US I think blacks have.

no photo
Wed 01/21/09 07:18 PM
I think America is ready for a woman president, but I'm glad it wasn't Hillary Clinton.
I think we would celebrate, but not as much as black America, because though woman have suffered in the past, they didn't suffer as much as blacks. Many people are still alive that personally knew blacks that died trying to get rights we take for granted today. Ask a black woman older than 50 what challeged her more, her sex or her race. I suspect the great majority would say race.

no photo
Wed 01/21/09 07:10 PM

No I dont think there will be as much emphasis. I am glad Obama got elected but I am rather sick of the publicity and to be honest, I know the blacks are happy but its really rather laughable at how emotional they are getting. The black community thinks he will do them some good as far as pushing for programs but this wont be the case and further more he isnt full black. His mother is white and his father isnt even of african decent. The whole thing is laughable.

Maybe you can't relate because you're not black.flowerforyou

I haven't heard that they are hoping about more programs for them.

I think the fact that he was elected will inspire young blcks so much, hopefully special progams will no longer be needed.

no photo
Wed 01/21/09 11:36 AM
Along the parade route it seemed the cop/citizen ratio was about even. I found that disturbing.

no photo
Wed 01/21/09 10:10 AM
I guess I could try spring water from a local spring,in Maryland I had a rain barrel, but here it would be frozen half the year.I can't afford to buy bottled water, I have 6 tanks going.

no photo
Wed 01/21/09 10:05 AM
I strted them on Liquifry & scraped algae from the parents tank, it was full of rotifers & they loved them. They ate finely crushed flakes right away & have also had fruit fly larva & fruit flies. My neons are doing great in my water, that's why I doubt that's the problem, they would be more picky about PH & hardness than live bearers wouldn't they? I think I'll try putting the next brood in the tank the platies are in, since they are doing so well, putting the female platies in my community tank & giving away the male. I'm running out of room.I'll let you know how that goes.

no photo
Wed 01/21/09 09:54 AM
Edited by littleredhen on Wed 01/21/09 09:58 AM
Thanks Andy, I only keep central & South American fish right now, mostly livebearers. The fry are in a tank by themselves & I do use city water, but all my tanks have it, so that would not explain why they are growing slower that the others. I was assuming the swordtails would grow as fast as the platies, since they are so closely realted. I don't remember how fast the red & greens I raised in the past grew, I just wasn't keeping track of it back then.The PH is slightly alkaline, about 7.2. I started thier 20 gallon tank with water from the tank the parents are in, I change 20% once a week with tapwater treated with Startright & left to sit 24 hours. I don't want to alter the local water much, because after I sell them, that's what they will likely be in. I've used blackwater extract and peat in filters for angelfish, but the swordtails shouldn't need it from everthing I've read.

EDIT; I havn't checked the hardness, I'll get a kit soon & check that, but I am not having a problemm with my other fish. The parents & platies seem very robust & happy.

no photo
Wed 01/21/09 09:33 AM
Andy do you know if the black Berlin or German strain of Swordtails is slower growing than more common strains? My fry are now 3 months old & half the size of my 1 month old Platies.

1 2 4 6 7 8 9 24 25