Community > Posts By > 456tessa

456tessa's photo
Mon 09/22/14 03:31 PM
I have travelled alone a few times...but only in Europe, and i haven't experienced worse things than being overcharged by a taxi driver (which had nothing to do with me being a woman :tongue: ).

So, speaking for Europe, i don't think it is more dangerous for a woman to travel alone than for anybody else travelling alone. "Bad" things can happen to anyone, regardless of the sex, yet it doesn't mean that anything bad will happen at all if you are travelling alone. I think that FEAR itself attracts more danger than anything else! My advice is: don't be fearful, be calm and confident, but be also smart and cautious. It always helps if you don't look like a typical tourist, but more like a local...flowerforyou

456tessa's photo
Mon 09/22/14 01:39 PM
Yes, i think there are (some) people here and everywhere who believe and search for this kind of love...flowerforyou

It's the kind of love beyond all ego, beyond all illusions and wrong conceptions of love ... that's why it's rather hard and long to get there, and it's rare...though there are some who find it at 20, some maybe much later, some never ... And there are many who don't believe in it and don't pursue it at all, and it's their decision and right...

456tessa's photo
Mon 09/22/14 01:26 PM
Still single...that's why i'm on Mingle...rofl

456tessa's photo
Sun 08/31/14 09:24 AM
Edited by 456tessa on Sun 08/31/14 09:50 AM

@ tessa.....what the heck does " sth " mean, or stand for ???

something???

Yes, it's short for "something". Funny, obviously i, too, use words that are not meaningful to everybody, i'm sorry...slaphead

456tessa's photo
Sun 08/31/14 08:41 AM
The first few years after the break it felt like "The Winner Takes it All" (ABBA), now it feels like "It's Just a Memory" (?)...:wink:

456tessa's photo
Sun 08/31/14 08:02 AM
Edited by 456tessa on Sun 08/31/14 08:07 AM

I'm sorry but I keep seeing this word in so many profiles and of course I am the kind of person that when I see a word I don't know, and I can't get an understanding of it's meaning simply by the way it is used then I can't help but to try to look it up to find it's meaning. sadly try as I may I find the word pionate nowhere in any dictionary that I have access to. Thus I must ask, is this even a word and if not then stop using it, because to use a non existent word just because it sounds smart, shows just how ignorant you truly are.

I had the same problem with this same word. I studied English at the university (some tme ago), taught it at school, and am always ready to check new words but i have never come accross this one until i joined Mingle2. Is this some Mingle2 fashion word? laugh
Actually, i noticed that it is used as adjective ("to be pionate about sth"), or noun ("to have a pion for sth") -- i think they were used in such phrases, and according to the context i somehow figured it out that it must mean sth like "to have strong liking/dedication/interest/passion for sth", but correct me if i'm wrong, i still don't know ...

456tessa's photo
Sun 08/17/14 03:19 PM

only when you have lost everything, can you do anything

So true...flowerforyou

456tessa's photo
Sun 08/17/14 12:43 PM
As far as i know arranged marriages are not really practiced in the western world (except, of course, by some ethnic communities comming from different parts of the world), but they are still very common in some Asian (and African ?)countries. I know, from an Indian friend of mine, that in India 85% of marriages are still arranged! So, this is a totally different culture, and arranged marriages are not really always forced -- many have an option if they want it or not, if they want to find a partner for themselves or they want their family to arrange it (which, to me, is like a good matching agency..happy ), and it's part of their culture....but correct me, if i'm wrong....

As for what is best, i hardly say.... However, i think that "love marriage" is not always full of love, and "arranged marriage" is not always loveless, and i believe that there are more "love marriages" that end in devorce.... My personal opinion is that searching for love and the right partner on one's own is (and should be) part of fully grown up, mature and independent human being ... but this same human being should also know and accept that not everybody is meant to get married. To stay single is also a calling....

456tessa's photo
Sun 08/17/14 10:33 AM
Many guys here are sofware engineers (specially Indians, i have noticed...:wink: ). Many guys are interested in dating, or just chatting with a girl... So, what makes you special?

Maybe a more completed profile with some recent pics of you and some text about you would help, plus participation on the forums....

Welcome on Mingle2, though...flowerforyou

456tessa's photo
Fri 08/15/14 01:27 PM
If it will make you feel better: some of us needed even more than 5 years to get over the ex....surprised

I think @panchovanilla and @dreamerana gave you some really good advice....

I would only suggest you not to so much identify yourself with the feelings you get (whether that be love, hatered, pain, sadness, loneliness, emotional hunger etc.), because they become overwhelming this ways. When they come, try not to judge them and identify with them. Feel them and watch them, cry them out if you need, but stay calm and don't try to do anything, and they will eventually change (into sth good and positive like wisdom and strength) or even disappeare....

456tessa's photo
Thu 08/14/14 12:20 PM

Mutual respect.

Yes, mutual respect and meaningful communication.

Mutual respect + meaningful communication + a few common goals + commitment = a strong possibility for a life-long relationship....:wink:

456tessa's photo
Wed 08/06/14 01:49 PM

I am so curious as to why people do not fill out their profiles? Your a member looking for... whatever your looking for- why not say what your about and who you are. Some just say "Ask". Do we just go by your profile picture .... if you even have one. Who wants to try and get to know someone and have to drag a conversation out of you. Most people who read what they might have in common with you has absolutely nothing to go on. Just ask... I can't help but laugh at that. You can tell right off the bat- communication maybe one sided. Replies will be short. Ask me! LMAO now that is some funny **** right there.

I have been asking myself this same question for ages...:thumbsup:

It's not only that they have a one line or even one word description of themselves, many have "No answer" with things like marital status, children, religion, even body type etc. I really don't get it how these people think they will make somebody interested in them as much as to have a conversation with them if they are not ready to give out some info. about themselves. To me this is essential -- if they don't have so much trust, openess, and honesty and are just so lazy, then they are probably not for me anyway ...:angel:

I was even thinking of suggesting that the site should be so designed or administered that not fully filled-in profiles would not be accepted...laugh . Of course, that still wouldn't be an obstacle for liers and cheatters, but maybe it would make some people complete their profiles...

456tessa's photo
Mon 08/04/14 12:18 PM
Are you virtual friends collector? A number means nothing. One true and caring friend is better than a hundred nicknames in your "Friends" box of your internet profile....:wink:

456tessa's photo
Sun 08/03/14 12:31 PM

What truly makes a man afraid of a woman in all aspects of the spectrum?

Women want to change their man after getting into a long term relationship. Mold him into her ideal man. Women become disappointed when he remains the same.

Men want their women to stay the same after getting into a long term relationship. Men become disappointed when she changes. This is what men fear. Does she have a right to change? Yes. Is it written somewhere that he has to like what she becomes? No.

Yeah this is pretty much true.

In trully loving and living relationship no one should be trying to change the other one, yet each of them should be open to the change (= growth, development, transcendence of the ego issues) brought about and inspired by love and life together...IMO

456tessa's photo
Sun 08/03/14 10:38 AM

So, the question is more for the men... what is it about older women that the younger men seem to like?

Good question! i have been wondering about this for some time. now i like to read the answers...happy

456tessa's photo
Thu 07/31/14 10:49 AM
You will have more chances if you post your pics vertically, so that the ladies wouldn't have to break their necks...laugh

Wellcome to Mingle, though...flowerforyou

456tessa's photo
Wed 07/30/14 01:41 PM

I like my "little ones"...biggrin

Natural, God-given is the best in any case.
A woman has to first like herself, and everybody else will like her, so no change is necessary...
Everything you said make sense and is positive,except i dont think EVERYBODY is going to like them,some people are not going to like you regardless,but other than that,:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

You are right...:thumbsup: Who wants to be liked by everybody anyway...

456tessa's photo
Tue 07/29/14 12:00 PM

some things are not meant to be understood. sometimes,"ACCEPTING" is the best action that we must consider. maybe stuffs would not make sense today but someday it will. :) just believe in the word TRUST and FAITH :)

True...
I only came to this insight when i was around 30....ohwell You are much better, good for you, now live according to this....

456tessa's photo
Tue 07/29/14 11:48 AM
I think, in an international site like this, where you can actually meet people from other continents 100 miles is "nearby"...:wink:

456tessa's photo
Tue 07/29/14 09:54 AM
Yes, i think it's true that many women find themselves "caught" in sacrifying themselves for others. It's mostly due to women's nurturing nature and social expectations/patterns they finds themselves in, but it depends largely on the women's personal choices and awarness. i think being nurturing is ok (it's a quality), to be totally cut from self-care is not ok any more...

I like the acronym H.A.L.T. (don't let yourself get too hungry, angry, lonely or tired) mentioned in the article. As well as the quote: "Happy wife, happy life"...:thumbsup: