Community > Posts By > 456tessa

456tessa's photo
Tue 11/17/15 12:28 PM

What do you mean by 'alternative guy'? Never heard that phrase before.

I think he ment "different, not common or conventional" guy..???

Or, he ment he wants to be an alternative guy to some woman who already has one guy what biggrin

456tessa's photo
Tue 11/17/15 12:21 PM
Edited by 456tessa on Tue 11/17/15 12:32 PM
I've just decided that i'm going to collect nice pictures of men in my Mutual Match box.....:thumbsup:
I already have a few of them. Who cares if we never get in contact, it's the number of nice pictures that counts....smokinlaugh

456tessa's photo
Tue 11/17/15 12:12 PM

I collect dust...and I am very good at it...my apartment is full of it slaphead

rofl I just wanted to say the same.
But on second thought maybe i'm not the worst case, I've seen worse...

456tessa's photo
Tue 11/17/15 12:03 PM
I don't think there is some generalization about this.

Different people, different needs...nowadays or ever...

As far as I know even the same person at different times may have different needs.

And for some there could be no bed partner if they can't find friendship in the same person....:wink:

456tessa's photo
Tue 11/10/15 12:25 PM
Edited by 456tessa on Tue 11/10/15 12:26 PM
Well, I'm just a little bit over your age limit, so I guess I'm out...
But I'm sure there are still plenty of "fish" here for you...:wink:
Be patient and have faith...

456tessa's photo
Sun 11/01/15 10:09 AM

Just wondering because I never had one

Yes you did ... everyone has thousands and thousands of them ...
Contrary to popular belief they're not your unique other half.
Soulmates can be in your life for 20 seconds or 20 years. They can be your friend, family, lover, someone you vaguely see in the street or briefly talk to in a shop.

Whenever you meet one, you often get that feeling that you know each other. If you've ever asked someone "Have I met you before? It feels like I know you!" then you're quite likely dealing with a soulmate.

So you see you don't have to feel left out ... You've met lots of soulmates already and you will continue to do so :)

Yes, i think this is more like a soulmate definition...
I heard and experienced that we can meet soulmates even in some animals we incounter -- for example when we have an instant "click " with a horse or a dog or a cat we meet for the first time. It's probably a soul we know from previous life experiences...;)
I think i have been living with a "soulmate" (my catlaugh ) for the last 15 years. I had had cats before but with this cat it has been as we were ment for each other and have a special understanding and connection -- i think that is what soulmates feel...:wink:

what about spiders and rats? or is it just the cute, cuddly animals? whoa

I don't think it has anything to do with being more or less cudly (my cat is not even that cudly), but more with the evolutionary level of the animal. Generally, I would say that it works even with snakes, rats, fish and spiders, but more likely, profoundly and obviously with the animals on the higher level of evolution and not exclusively pets, but also domestic and wild animals. But if you completeley disbelieve this (and i know it sounds unbeliavable), that's another story.... whoa

456tessa's photo
Fri 10/30/15 12:06 PM

Just wondering because I never had one

Yes you did ... everyone has thousands and thousands of them ...
Contrary to popular belief they're not your unique other half.
Soulmates can be in your life for 20 seconds or 20 years. They can be your friend, family, lover, someone you vaguely see in the street or briefly talk to in a shop.

Whenever you meet one, you often get that feeling that you know each other. If you've ever asked someone "Have I met you before? It feels like I know you!" then you're quite likely dealing with a soulmate.

So you see you don't have to feel left out ... You've met lots of soulmates already and you will continue to do so :)

Yes, i think this is more like a soulmate definition...
I heard and experienced that we can meet soulmates even in some animals we incounter -- for example when we have an instant "click " with a horse or a dog or a cat we meet for the first time. It's probably a soul we know from previous life experiences...;)
I think i have been living with a "soulmate" (my catlaugh ) for the last 15 years. I had had cats before but with this cat it has been as we were ment for each other and have a special understanding and connection -- i think that is what soulmates feel...:wink:

456tessa's photo
Wed 10/28/15 11:24 AM
Edited by 456tessa on Wed 10/28/15 12:00 PM

This seems to be the only thing anyone who contacts me has in common, they are all from very, very far away, at least several states, sometimes in other countries altogether.

What is the general opinion people have of this? If someone contacts you and they're on completely the other side of the country, do you even give them the time of day?

My thing is, did that person even take the time to realize that I'm over 2000 miles away before they sent me a message? Did it not ever cross their mind that it might be just a tad difficult to form a relationship with that cumbersome gap between us? Or am I just so appealing a specimen that they would walk that distance just to meet me? Maybe I'm just a bit jaded because the last two people who were a significant distance away that I actually began having serious conversations with ended up trying to beg me for money, but honestly, what else could come from someone whose profile says they're so far removed that a nuclear explosion or giant earthquake wouldn't be felt by both of us simultaneously?

What you are describing (far away people begging from money) is most probably scammers, though there are scammers whose profiles say they are actually not so far (but you can tell they are scammers because of some other signs--a too perfect picture, bad English, trying to drag you off the site in the first or second message etc.). They are really not worth any time....

Yet, there are also a lot of people from far away countries who are not scammers, but would like to "date" you because they may actually believe in long-distance relationships....and they would try to make you believe, too...;) There's nothing bad or wrong in that, but there is a question of being realistic. I'm quite a down-to-earth person and have once actually experienced how difficult it is to bring a long-distance relationship even to the first meeting, so now i'm a bit wary of long distance messages..:), yet i'm still open-minded and curious enough (about possible friendship) to answer some of them, but i guess i will not put too much emotions and expectations into that communication until it is supported by real life experience--i have become that wise...whoa
Wish you a lot of wisdom in your decisions, too....

456tessa's photo
Sun 10/25/15 12:59 PM
Edited by 456tessa on Sun 10/25/15 01:00 PM
Because "to love onself is the beginning of lifelong romance" (Oscar Wilde)....:laughing:

456tessa's photo
Tue 10/20/15 10:32 AM

I'm for sure single, honest and for marriage.....but i'm for sure not rich!....what now? tears what :laughing:

You are rich in experience..
barter woman :-)

Welcome :-)

Thank you, soufie, for reminding me of my "wealth". I'm actually aware of it, but there are not many people out there who are looking for or appreciate that kind of "richness" (or maybe there are and they just pass me by what ). I doubt this guy would barter here, either (he seems to know exactly what he wants laugh ), and i was not really interested in him...:wink:

456tessa's photo
Mon 10/19/15 12:25 PM
I'm for sure single, honest and for marriage.....but i'm for sure not rich!....what now? tears what :laughing:

456tessa's photo
Thu 10/01/15 10:13 AM
Hi, I just wanted to say you started a great thread...
as I think there are quite a few of us that are NOT SO NEW here and are coming back... :laughing: (well, i know i'm one of them)
Welcome back...flowerforyou

456tessa's photo
Wed 09/30/15 12:28 PM
Nice, beautiful and mature??? Don't you know that's almost impossible combination in a woman?!...:laughing:

456tessa's photo
Fri 09/25/15 02:52 PM

Non si puo fare di tutta l'erba un fascio, 456tessa. ;)

Lo spero...;)

456tessa's photo
Mon 09/21/15 12:50 PM

i am mono linguistic. more commonly known as americanblushing

:laughing: :laughing:

I believe this is the "curse" of big nations speaking world languages. In this respect it is better to come from little nations speaking obscure languages -- you are simply forced to learn other languages...:wink:

I fluently speak Slovene and English, am almost good in Croatian and know some Italian.

456tessa's photo
Wed 09/16/15 12:07 PM
I have just recently heard this:
Old Greeks had a few expressions for love, two of them are PHILIA and AGAPE. PHILIA is often translated as "affection" or "brotherly love", while AGAPE is often associated with "Christian love" or "the highest form of love". However, what really differs them is that PHILIA means that we love somebody because of the things we like about them, while AGAPE means we love somebody even though we don't like everything about them (we accept all).
According to this, AGAPE is then closest to the so called UNCONDITIONAL LOVE in my opinion, but i don't think that means that we have to put up with the abuse or such, but that we accept the other person's different tastes or ways of life, their virtues and vices..... which is still hard sometimes...ohwell

456tessa's photo
Mon 09/14/15 11:56 AM

love happens only once. Rest is just life

If that is true than all I can hope for for the rest of my life is... life...ohwell

I don't really think love always just happens. It may be true for young romantic love. But true and mature love can and should be a decision...a decision to have an open heart no matter what, to love life itself even if/when not being in an intimate relationship...

456tessa's photo
Sun 09/13/15 10:50 AM
Edited by 456tessa on Sun 09/13/15 10:58 AM

ya I am gonna go opposite direction on this one
and say if you do not make definite plans to be together
at some point in future? you will have a hard time maintaining this

Couldn't agree more....because I have experienced it....slaphead
As a result I now run away from anything that even slightly resembles a long-distance relationship...scared But maybe I shouldn't be here on international dating site spock rofl

456tessa's photo
Wed 09/02/15 12:00 PM
So you presume girls should fall for your yellow picture and black glasses....whoa ? It's not all about looks, you know. Besides, i think real-life dating is much different from virtual....

456tessa's photo
Wed 09/02/15 11:45 AM
Edited by 456tessa on Wed 09/02/15 11:50 AM

Why do women fall in love with you and go into a relationship with you because you are perfect then they leave you years later because you are still the same man they fell for

It's quite obvious you have been hurt, but so have been many women...:wink:
If you are making such general assumption about women now, you aren't doing yourself a favour, because you are sending out such energy which is pushing away the possible women for you...

By the way, they say that the change is actually the only constant in lifebiggrin
Seeking a person or relationship that don't change is unrealistic. Not changing also means not growing, not learning. So would you like a person who doesn't learn and grow? Of course, it is problematic if they grow into different direction while together (that was in my relationship, too), but we cannot help that. I think, it is best if not ideal, if two people meet and grow into the same direction...flowerforyou