Community > Posts By > 456tessa

456tessa's photo
Thu 04/11/13 02:50 PM
I would agree with Todygirl that there are actually more then only one possibilities out there for us. It's just that the number is still not very big (and it's getting smaller with years tears ), so it's never easy to find one of our compatibles or "soul mates"... But hope is the last to die...isn't it?....And there is even a mightier power than hope....FAITH!

456tessa's photo
Sat 04/06/13 01:12 PM
What if Father has prepared a black, Islamic woman for you (or in some other way differnet from your wishes) to love, to lead, to accept to live and to grow with for better and for worse? Would you deny His wish? Or would you claim that this couldn't be His wish because it is not YOUR wish?

Thinking about this I came to this:

Who trully "abides" in Christ and Christ "abides" in him, doesn't seek his own human will any more, but God's will. It doesn't mean you don't have to have your own wishes (and say them), but it means that you are able to sumbit your wishes to God's will, because He knows better than you what is good for you and what plan He has with you. Even Christ, just before he went into suffering, had a wish and prayed: “Father, if you will, please don't make me suffer by having me drink from this cup.
But do what you want, and not what I want.” (Luke 22,42)

Anyway, I hope you'll find the right person for youself....
God Bless

456tessa's photo
Sat 04/06/13 12:32 PM
Very true, indeed -- love is not being preoccupied with what you'll get but what you'll give.
However, most of us have to go through selfish, egocentric or narssistic love first, before we come(usually through pain, suffering, regret -- through the "cleansing fire") to realize what love really is. It's transformation that all men undergo who decide to let Christ into their lives (one way or the other, sometimes unconsciously, but most usually at the lowest and most painful point in their lives). It's a turn into life of freedom (from our own egos), compassion, true love (even for our enemies), humility and gratefulness.....

456tessa's photo
Sun 03/31/13 12:43 PM
Why don't you guys, who say that it's purely the Indian boy's fault that he hasn't got any response here, tell him if you have actually met someone (serious) here. I'm interested in that, too. I think that would be the best encouragment....:banana:
It's true we have to be patient, have to have a fairly attractive profile and be active if we want to be successful (though I don't think forum posting is essential -- this is one of the rare sites where this is possible, but maybe not all of us came here for this reason :wink: .
However, it is also true that this site is a bit odd in some respects: searching is only possible by individual countries (which takes more time) and there are hundreds of inactive profiles .. What I am trying to say (not to be negative, but just realistic) that even if you are patient and fairly active (with a fairly good profile) there may be not much response... Of course, no response often means "Not interested"(for one or the other reason) and that's OK with me. But those who may respond, most often either want just casual chatting or want to drag you immediatelly off the site -- well, this is at least my experience ... but I would really be happy to hear some more optimistic ones -- actual success stories, if there are any.... Thank you (by the way, I haven't given up yet)....flowerforyou

456tessa's photo
Wed 03/20/13 10:32 AM
To me "the soul" of the person is revealed through everything this person is (looks, acts, thinks), so it really needs time to show..., but to get the first impression of "the soul" I need to see the eyes....that's why I don't very much like profiles where people wear sunglases on the picture (it seems as if they are reluctant to "open the door" to their soul....glasses

456tessa's photo
Thu 03/14/13 01:16 PM
I would say: proportionate (not excessive in any way) and moderately fit...;)

456tessa's photo
Mon 03/04/13 09:08 AM
It's such a cliche to label someone who cannot settle just with anyone to be "picky"! Do not be put down by such labels. To my experience, most of the people who are considered "picky" in reality just know themselves better and are ready to wait (and be single) longer than those who are not considered "picky"....

456tessa's photo
Sat 03/02/13 12:27 PM
Obviously, this was a scam....
But I would like to say this: if a person doesn't want to move to telephone or chat very soon it doesn't mean they are necessarily scammers. Some people just need some more time and a good reason (ie. a feeling of greater mutual knowledge, trust, interest ) to move to next stages of closer and more direct communication... I am such a person and I am totally honest in my intentions.....

456tessa's photo
Fri 02/22/13 12:07 AM
Of course, we can change and we should....but not because somebody wants as to, but because we go through experiences and learn and grow naturally, that is if we are open to that development, if we don't resist too much... Life is a journey of changes -- the only constant in life is a change... If there's no change there's no development, no growth...it's life without Life, it's dead life... Love is knowing about that changing and accepting, letting it in you and in the people around you. This may hurt sometimes but the more we know about life's journey, the more we are open to its wisdom and beauty....

456tessa's photo
Thu 12/27/12 09:08 AM
Does anyone know the answer? I mean, obviously there are not many Slovenes here. I'm one of the rare...and not even very fond of chatting and posting....yawn
But, still, why a seperate formu for Slovenia, even though there are no posts??

456tessa's photo
Mon 10/01/12 03:24 AM
I have been here for a few months and I have viewed quite a few profiles. When I liked them I made them know I'm interested one way or the other... A few times I also used MATCH HIM. I wonder now how this people are informed about that (none of them replied, obviously :).
I have received some emails, invitations and nudges myself, but I have never been informed about matches (if there were any), so I don't know how it works. If there is no obvious means of informing the receiver on his profile than I don't know what's the use of this tool?

456tessa's photo
Tue 09/18/12 04:02 AM
Not getting an answer may often mean that the other side is simply not interested.....either because of sth in your profile (she is perhaps looking for sth else) or because there isn't enough disclosed information to get interested enough to start a chat... A girl often needs a reason to answer back. And if, for example, somebody starts a conversation just by refering to her picture (though she has plenty other textual information, and she expects men to take the text as seriously as the picture or even more) than she probably won't answer to sb messaging her: "Hi. I love your picture ...", not because she is rude but because she can justly make an assumption that the man on the other side is looking for a more superficial relationship than her and so does not want to get involved into unnecessary conversation... Of course, it may be also a vice versa case (the girl seeking a lighter and more superficial relationship).... I'm not saying that this is exactly the case with you, but I'm trying to explain at least a part of possible logic behind this behaviour...
Or: It is also possible that the girl doesn't want to start chatting (short instant messaging) as the first step, without having established a certain knowledge, friendship... through a bit longer and more revealing letters at first...:wink:
There are a lot of possibilities...And remember: we reveal ourselves through everything we do/say or not do/say ...and it's OK....When we reveal overselves, we know if that's what we are looking for...and when we find out it's not, we continue to wait or do sth else....that's why we are here for, right?

456tessa's photo
Sat 09/08/12 12:33 PM
I've been rather new here, too. And I have already experienced that a few guys have tempted to lure me off the site immediatelly after we had made a contact here giving me their yahoo id etc. I didn't do it, because going to a more personal contact like this is simply too fast for me...But I always wondered if I was too distrustful or weired, because to me online chatting and phone can be used only when there has been already some knowledge, trust and intimacy established through mailing... But all I experience is some strange hastiness I just can't get along... What do you guys think about this: is step by step approach to intimacy in online dating really so unreasonable or out of date? I have some other questions: are all such "hasty" people supposed to be scammers? What do the scammers really want to gain and why in particular do they use yahoo??? I hope I don't sound too ignorant, but I would really be grateful for any helpful information...:)

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 9 Next