no photo
Fri 11/29/13 11:04 AM
Set America Free

GPT

no photo
Fri 11/29/13 11:02 AM

From the website reporting the incident:

"We often say it's better to be judged by twelve than carried by six."

I don't think its even against the law to shoot non-human alien life forms either.

no photo
Fri 11/29/13 11:00 AM
if someone knocks at an odd hour to make you alarmed
you don't answer it, you call 911

Really? How many people do you know who would simply call 911 is someone knocked at their door at an odd hour?

In a city in a high crime area it would probably be a good idea, but how many people do you think would do that, and how would the police like to be called on 911 every time someone knocks on a door at an odd hour?

This thread reminds me that I need to get a peep hole and a dead lock put on my door.

no photo
Fri 11/29/13 10:55 AM
Edited by Jeanniebean on Fri 11/29/13 10:56 AM
In the State of Colorado, if a person breaks into your home we have what we call the "make my day law" and you can indeed shoot them. Armed or not.

I couldn't find information on what state this occurred in.

The point is, a person should not have to be forced into hand to hand conflict with an intruder IN THEIR OWN HOME just because he does not have a gun. Anyway, at two o'clock in the morning there is no way to tell if an intruder has a gun.

So, msharmony you are mistaken and wrong to suggest that "if a person is not armed" you can't shoot him. YES YOU CAN.

no photo
Fri 11/29/13 10:47 AM
well give him a

Good Conduct Medal

HYU

no photo
Fri 11/29/13 10:19 AM
The Smoking Section

HPO

no photo
Fri 11/29/13 10:09 AM
Edited by Jeanniebean on Fri 11/29/13 10:09 AM

Has it been established with verifiable evidence that "the beast" is anything other than an invention of human imagination?

If that has not been credibly established, what is being discussed cannot rationally be considered anything more than mythology.

Numerical digits have significance in mathematical calculation. Can they be DEMONSTRATED to have celestial or ecclesiastical meaning (with anything more substantial than quotations from unverifiable ancient writings by unidentified authors / folklore / religious opinion)?

The term "beast" can be symbolic of anything.

If, somewhere in the multi-verse there are intelligent humanoid beings who are not "human" they may have referred to humans as beasts.

A beast is simply an animal. I would imagine a beast to be a big scary animal, like a bear, or big foot, or a dragon.

no photo
Fri 11/29/13 10:01 AM
Work to Do

gow

no photo
Fri 11/29/13 09:56 AM
It helps to have someone's shoulder to cry on too. If you don't have a person, a dog is the next best thing. To them, you are their whole world.

no photo
Fri 11/29/13 09:46 AM
Way Too Cute

GHP

no photo
Fri 11/29/13 09:42 AM
I'll Never Tell

ppo

no photo
Fri 11/29/13 09:40 AM
Why Won't That Story About Sophia Stewart And Her 'Matrix' Lawsuit Die?

http://blogs.indiewire.com/shadowandact/why-wont-that-story-about-sophia-stewart-and-her-matrix-lawsuit-die

It's possible her lawyers sold her out, or they paid her off.

no photo
Thu 11/28/13 05:24 PM
I Liked That.

p m f

no photo
Thu 11/28/13 04:35 PM
Fun Little Movies

SPP

no photo
Thu 11/28/13 03:05 PM

I am thankful for my robust good health, my ravishing beauty, and my beautiful mind.

bigsmile :banana:

that's great jeanne

I give thanks for my good health everyday also!

There are some newbies on this club that don't appreciate my joke.
I'm getting hateful mail.

laugh

no photo
Thu 11/28/13 03:03 PM

intelligent lady found

I B G

Interactive Brokers Group

PUE

no photo
Thu 11/28/13 03:01 PM
International Liberation Front

PUE

no photo
Thu 11/28/13 09:39 AM
Back To Basics

Y E W

no photo
Thu 11/28/13 09:32 AM
Edited by Jeanniebean on Thu 11/28/13 09:37 AM
I worked with a bartender who would ask his grieving customers, who were agonizing over something.

"Do you feel better by being angry, (or sad)? If so, then go ahead and feel it."

On some level, we decide how we will think and feel about things. But with the use of the will, you can change your thinking and feeling about anything.

In my experience, because I have always held that truth is the one thing I want from life, I have had to learn to accept WHAT IS as quickly as possible so I can move on.

I have experienced times of grief and sadness, and there is nothing wrong or weak about it, but it is a state of mind that can be worked through. Then you come out of it all that much stronger.

What you don't want to do is wallow in self pity or anger. What you want to do is change your thinking and perspective of the situation.

P.S.
Also when someone rejects your sincere friendship and loyalty or love, they are the true loser. And they didn't deserve it. You can now find some one who does. Give a little time for the wounds to heal and you will be better off without that person, this is a truth you need to open your eyes and see.

no photo
Thu 11/28/13 09:20 AM
Late Payment Interest

KKW

1 2 7 8 9 11 13 14 15 24 25