Community > Posts By > Jeanniebean

no photo
Wed 11/13/13 12:00 PM

Matthew 6:28 is the twenty-eighth verse of the sixth chapter of the Gospel of Matthew in the New Testament and is part of the Sermon on the Mount.

This verse continues the discussion of worry about material provisions.

In the King James Version of the Bible the text reads:

And why take ye thought for raiment?
Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow;
they toil not, neither do they spin:

The World English Bible translates the passage as:

Why are you anxious about clothing?
Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow.
They don’t toil, neither do they spin,

But they all die young!

Young is relative.

no photo
Wed 11/13/13 11:48 AM
The Magic of Gratitude will change your life for the better.

no photo
Wed 11/13/13 11:43 AM
Matthew 6:28 is the twenty-eighth verse of the sixth chapter of the Gospel of Matthew in the New Testament and is part of the Sermon on the Mount.

This verse continues the discussion of worry about material provisions.

In the King James Version of the Bible the text reads:

And why take ye thought for raiment?
Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow;
they toil not, neither do they spin:

The World English Bible translates the passage as:

Why are you anxious about clothing?
Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow.
They don’t toil, neither do they spin,

no photo
Tue 11/12/13 06:50 PM

It appear to me that participants in this discussion are a bit ethnocentric when discussing poverty.

The poverty in 3rd-world nations makes the poverty in the USA look like wealth.

So true David...Poverty level in America means flat screen 52" TV, cable, a car, internet and phone service, computers, .........................................................................................and food stamps!

Yes, I'm 'poor' by income and American standards. I have two t.v.'s and two computers, Internet, car, etc. (I would qualify for food stamps, but I have never signed up for them.)

no photo
Tue 11/12/13 05:47 PM

It appear to me that participants in this discussion are a bit ethnocentric when discussing poverty.

The poverty in 3rd-world nations makes the poverty in the USA look like wealth.

Yes very much so.

no photo
Tue 11/12/13 05:46 PM
If you were to look at my actual income, I am below the poverty level, and yet I know people (relatives and friends) whose income is double what mine is, even triple-- and I listen to them when they whine all the time about how broke they are and how they can't pay their bills... blah blah blah.

They usually have three cars, two houses, credit card bills... blah blah ...

spock yeh, I feel real sorry for them. They need to manage their money and live within their means.

no photo
Tue 11/12/13 04:45 PM
I can feel that there is tension (and perhaps a competition) going on between his mother and you. Like it is a contest to see who ends up with the guy who may have to choose between his mother and a relationship.

Don't let that happen. Not a good idea at all. Try (I know it is hard) but TRY to look at it from his mother's point of view. She may be afraid of being abandoned, left alone in her old age, put in a nursing home.

I'm not suggesting you do this, but this is what I would at least try. Try to find compassion for his mother. See her fear. See if it is possible to develop a relationship with HER separate from the crowd. Become her ally and friend.

If you can't do that, then it will remain a contest.

no photo
Tue 11/12/13 04:29 PM
I don't feel much has been accomplished in this thread.

So let's here some ideas about why some people are poor and others are not. What is the cause of poverty?

Who can you blame for it? And if you want to blame someone, isn't that refusing to take responsibility for your circumstances if you are poor?

Is poverty a state of mind? Is it a lack of money or lack of things that money can buy?

no photo
Tue 11/12/13 11:41 AM
If virginity were crucial for marriage... then there would be a lot of 'ruined' people walking around who could never get married.

no photo
Tue 11/12/13 11:39 AM
Now that you have been a little more forthcoming, I would say that if this is a controlling mom and her son, then the son should step up to the plate and move out if he wants to have a life.

If he can't do that, then he should just learn to stand up to his mom and ignore her attempts to manipulate.... even if he 'owes' her. If he 'owes' her and he refuses to be manipulated, she might do him a big favor threaten to kick him out.

no photo
Tue 11/12/13 11:31 AM

is virginity important for marriage

Not to me.

There is going to be a show on the discovery channel this week about the Bible and how the idea that the mother of Jesus was a virgin was a misinterpretation.

So the whole idea of virginity being important, if it is linked to religious ideas, is blown.

no photo
Tue 11/12/13 11:29 AM

Well dang it! That's why my marriage didn't work! Neither of us were virgins! Oh, no, that's right...it was because he decided using drugs was more important than being a husband and father.

Drugs destroy lives.

no photo
Tue 11/12/13 11:23 AM
His account has been deactivated. He sounded demanding and spoiled to me. Everyone has needs. You are responsible for getting your needs fulfilled, no one else is.

no photo
Tue 11/12/13 08:58 AM

The bad part about it is that people who take care of their own health, and don't smoke and eat well, and exercise, will be paying for health care for the people who do drugs, and drink, and smoke and get sick by their own actions.

umm... you've been doing that for years... OC doesn't change that aspect...

Not as much as we will be in the future. You ain't seen nuttin yet.

no photo
Tue 11/12/13 08:57 AM

Obama care, as it was sold to the people, will not work. It will probably morph into a total government health care system for everyone since most Insurance companies will go broke and most people will not be able to afford the new rates and they will be forced onto the government's healthcare plan.

it won't work because it will bankrupt the country... every one with a stomach to a hangnail will be flooding the Emergency wards, things they don't really need a doctor for...

True, and the doctors have decided to quit, and there aren't enough to go around, and people have to wait for months to get appointments.

no photo
Tue 11/12/13 08:54 AM

What's even more weird is the demonic presence that was behind me, which ultimately may have been Satan if he exists, I remember feeling extremely hot in total darkness then a flash of light, I was awake instantly freaked out!

Creepy.

It could have been a personal message from your higher self or spirit that perhaps you should change your evil ways.

no photo
Tue 11/12/13 08:50 AM

One thing that Obama did for me personally was he or his administration got to work on something that had to do with paying benefits to wife's of diseased veterans and he sent me three a thousand dollar death benefit for my husband who had died, and this was after I had divorced him. So that's one good thing he did for me.

:banana:

Jeannie, you are bad. You probably killed him too.smokin

No, he was in Alabama and I was in Colorado. He died of a heart attack.

My friend who is a medium, contacted him after he died. I questioned him about how he died through her and he didn't want to talk about it. He kept saying "Case is closed Gloria!" (He was a private investigator in life.)

It was a very freaky experience.

no photo
Tue 11/12/13 08:45 AM
Good post Metalwing about Obama's so called accomplishments.laugh

no photo
Tue 11/12/13 08:40 AM

I had a very awkward dream once, it was me and like a 100 others walking through a corn field working our way to a small lake, all of us made it to the edge of the lake and there was platforms that people were standing on and a big glowing blue hand was picking these people up and taking them upwards, I guess that would be heaven. Well I started running just to try to get on a platform so I could go too but as I was running it got really dark behind me in the cornfield.... I didn't make it to my platform something grabbed me and pulled me back into the darkness.

That was the hand of Jesus and you got left behind.

BUAW HA HA HA HA HA!(EVIL LAUGH) pitchfork

no photo
Tue 11/12/13 08:37 AM
The bad part about it is that people who take care of their own health, and don't smoke and eat well, and exercise, will be paying for health care for the people who do drugs, and drink, and smoke and get sick by their own actions.