Community > Posts By > Jeanniebean

no photo
Sat 11/16/13 04:43 PM
After he got laid off, he wouldn't beg for unemployment, pension, or welfare. He tried to beg for his family's sake, but was told if they needed money they would have to "apply" themselves. Consequently, it was costing his family money to pay for the food he ate, so they kicked him out of the house he originally bought for them (He had long ago transferred title to his wife).

This story sounds like it has another side to it. I would wonder if his family really did "kick him out" so they would not have to feed him. If he got laid off and had a family, he should have gotten unemployment for their sake. That is what it is for. One does not "beg" for unemployment. You just sign up for it. Of course Canada might be different from U.S.

If Welfare told him that his family would have to apply themselves, then why didn't they apply? They are a family and normally a family applies TOGETHER.

Perhaps he was not legally married to them...

Anyway, its a sad story, but it just does not sound right. Oh well.

no photo
Sat 11/16/13 04:36 PM

It's about sharing or not sharing information that could benefit others, and does not cost you anything to refer people to that information.
Has nothing to do whatsoever with you raising a child on your own and having a job/company.
There's maybe ppl here that raised 4 kids on their own and had an underpaid job. But that's NOT the point. I don't get why you get so defensive, as no one is attacking, judging, criticizing, commenting or whatever what you're talking about.
Point is about sharing from the heart with others what doesn't cost you anything at all.
Crystal, I don't have to explain myself to anyone!! These forums are meant to be for expressing yourself and I always do. If people don't like what I do, then theres a saying where I come from? Tough s**t! I'm all the man i'll ever be and I ain't changing for anyone. If you have a problem with that, then you're a whited sepulchre? A hypocrite! It's a saturday night and i'm chilling out with my mates. Maybe you should do the same?

Right, meaning everyone can express themselves, not just you. If you can't handle a simple piece of general information without feeling personally attacked (totally insane) and without insulting other people in the process, what are you doing here? The world doesn't evolve around you, this topic wasn't about you.
Good luck with that attitude in life

Yeh, wow... some people an their attitudes.

drinker

no photo
Sat 11/16/13 04:30 PM

Get real a 70 year old looks like a 70 year old regardless how physically fit they are. Or how much plastic surgery or cosmetics they use. Or hocus pocus brain games.

There are so many physical markers that tell a person's age from skin texture to bone structure and language and social markers.

The only one deluded by these phony claims are the people making them.

I stand corrected. Add those who want to believe such delusional claims. Weather they have the good fortune to have exception health for their age or the resources to protect themselves from the usual ravages of daily living and don't have those typical markers they have the others weather they want to admit it or not.

Sometimes I wonder if it is not engrained elitism I have often seen in those blessed with affluence and health.

I have seen people who will choose to believe some product or procedure "healed, protected, or improved" them because they want to believe it; regardless of the actual facts.

Scientifically, there is no reason we should age. Skin, and other human cells, when taken off or out of a person and put into a petry dish and nourished will live and reproduce indefinitely.

We grow old because we believe we will.

We grow old because we eat junk, and we over eat.

Happy loving people live longer, look younger, people living in fear wrinkle up and look old faster.

no photo
Sat 11/16/13 04:23 PM

Model #3 is the NESTED virtual reality simulation.

Each level of virtual reality contains only a subset of the "ultimate" reality (which by necessity must exist), so each deeper level contains fewer elements corresponding to the ultimate reality and (presumably) more elements of "fantasy" taken a real by the programs which consider themselves sentient.

"We" (and I use the term loosely...there may only be one, or even none of us, depending on your point of view) are in all probability at some "nth" nesting of virtual reality, and therefore have no idea what things have a correspondence to the ultimate reality. we don't even know if homo sapiens does, as it may simply be a creative and totally artificial pseudo-life-form in an unreal cyberspace.

I may have seen a movie similar to this model. :wink:

no photo
Sat 11/16/13 04:21 PM

Do you just drift through your day and your life or do you know exactly what you want?

If you know exactly what you want, what are you doing to get it?

I know exactly what I want...a happy, prosperous and peaceful life for everyone. Since it seems everyone else is too bloody lazy to be bothered even dusting, I've started cleaning up humanity's mess for it.

So what are you dusting?

no photo
Sat 11/16/13 04:18 PM
Edited by Jeanniebean on Sat 11/16/13 04:19 PM

larsson71

Don't take it so personal. I thought your remark sounded selfish.

You said... "If I had a secret like that, the only people to benefit from it would be my kids and grandkids."

If that isn't selfish, then what exactly did you mean by the remark???

I'm all ears.

Well you thought? You were the 1 that mentioned it, not me? If you can dish it out, just be prepared to take it back? Thats all and have a good weekend, ok? flowerforyou

I still would love to know what you meant by that remark. But nothing you have said makes too much sense to me anyway, so forget it.

Have a nice weekend too.flowerforyou

no photo
Sat 11/16/13 04:16 PM

Yup...he was always helping people if it looked like they needed help, and he wouldn't take money for his favours unless it was freely offered after the fact. I understand that he used to have a fair bit of stuff (and money), but gave it all away when he decided that stuff with only monetary value was of no value to him at all.

In an earlier post, you said this, "He told me that his family threw him out because he couldn't provide for them anymore and had nothing of monetary value left to give them."

So do I have this right, you're championing a man who gave his stuff away at his families expense in order to test the "goodness" of society...Like I said earlier, mental illness can cause people to do all sorts of things...

Right. Something is wrong with that guy.

I don't think I'm going to let this societal guilt trip stick to me. People need to stop blaming everyone else and "society" for their chosen life style.

no photo
Sat 11/16/13 03:46 PM
Money is not was separates people. ...but it can play a part.

Marriage's break up over power struggles. It's not about anything else. Money, and other things are just excuses to get into a power struggle.

no photo
Sat 11/16/13 03:41 PM
One thing I have learned is that you may have a lot of people who care about you, or seem to care about you, or you may have just a few who care about you. Maybe there is no one who cares..... But there is no one who cares about your welfare more than you.

If you don't care about yourself then why expect a total stranger to? People need to take care of themselves first and not expect others to do it, --- especially total strangers.

People mostly have their own problems to deal with. Unless they get all their satisfaction and joy out of helping total strangers, most people will not pay much attention to them, especially if these people are not even bothering to ask anyone for help.

no photo
Sat 11/16/13 03:32 PM
larsson71

Don't take it so personal. I thought your remark sounded selfish.

You said... "If I had a secret like that, the only people to benefit from it would be my kids and grandkids."

If that isn't selfish, then what exactly did you mean by the remark???

I'm all ears.

no photo
Sat 11/16/13 03:25 PM

The castle doctrine should be a national right. The right to defend yourself is as basic as any other right.

This is true, but the right to whine and complain and sue someone is also an option.

I think a main purpose of the Castle Doctrine is to provide immunity from lawsuits if you are in self defense mode.

I think it might discourage a lawsuit, but I would guess that the immunity is from prosecution and charges, not lawsuits.

no photo
Sat 11/16/13 02:49 PM

The castle doctrine should be a national right. The right to defend yourself is as basic as any other right.

This is true, but the right to whine and complain and sue someone is also an option.

no photo
Sat 11/16/13 02:47 PM

Whether or not you are poor can often be a matter of deliberate personal choice.

I know the (hopefully not-yet-ended) story of a man who decided to make himself the canary in the coal mine of modern society. He resolved not to partake of the criminal fraud and slavery that goes on every day all around us. This means he made a conscious decision to quit scrambling to find a grindstone to attach his nose to and survive. He decided not to pull up his own socks and see if anyone would offer to pull them up for him.

Being an honest man, he resolved not to turn to crime to survive.

Being an honourable man, he resolved not to beg.

Being an intelligent man, he knew he was a creditor and how to claim his rights & how to play the fraud to get all the money he wanted, but decided not to, because survival shouldn't be a matter of IQ or willingness to partake of the ongoing crime.

He wanted to see if there was enough unselfish human compassion in society for people to walk up and simply offer him what he needed. If they did, he would graciously accept and thank them; if they didn't, he would leave them alone and wouldn't even look their way, so as not to play on their conscience.

He looked like your regular street bum, with his clothes getting old & ragged & pockets full of cigarette butts he picked up on his "rounds"

I used to help him out when I saw him, and I used to talk to him about what he was doing. He told me that his family threw him out because he couldn't provide for them anymore and had nothing of monetary value left to give them. This forced him to seek shelter (stairwells, bridges, etc.) wherever he could find it, which in this climate is OK in the summer, but death in the winter.

It's getting very cold here now, and I haven't seen him on his "rounds" lately. I try to keep a good thought and hope that someone took him in and offered him food & shelter. (He was determined not to go to a shelter or soup kitchen unless taken there by a stranger who cared)

I've heard no reports of an indigent dying on the street, but I know that isn't newsworthy, so not hearing anything is no indication that he's OK.

The frightening thing that keeps running thru my head is "I walked among ye, yet ye knew me not." and I can't help feeling that Judgment Day may have already come and gone.

I can't stop thinking that the canary may have smelled too much gas.

I wonder if it ever occurred to him to help someone else.

Sitting around waiting for someone else to do for you, give to you, care about you seems like a pretty empty way to live any life.

no photo
Sat 11/16/13 02:40 PM

Why is money such an issue in relationships......the love of money is the root of all evil!!! so where does this come into play with love? If you truly love someone shouldn't you love their heart and not their pocket book?

Sure I love a lot of poor people. I just can't afford to support them.

no photo
Sat 11/16/13 02:38 PM

I hate money. It seperate's people.

Really? Okay send all your money to me.

no photo
Sat 11/16/13 02:35 PM

That's what they want though. Don't intervene in a crime just run away. Don't try to protect your neighborhood, STFU and run away. A girl getting beaten on the streets by her boyfriend? Run away. An armed robbery? Run away. A suspicious guy wandering your neighborhood? Run away.

Capitulate to the criminals. Give them the high ground. Just run away and let the crime happen. Don't get involved and don't get all heroic just let it happen. If you don't then the law will get you not the criminal. You could and should have just walked away.
frustrated

It is because no one wants to take responsibility for their actions. You rob someone's house .... and get shot..... tough cookie... too damn bad.

If that happened to me, and some trash's family got into my face or tried to sue me, they would regret it.

no photo
Sat 11/16/13 02:26 PM
Edited by Jeanniebean on Sat 11/16/13 02:28 PM

D

The reason they call it "The Secret" is because it's a little tricky and not everyone knows how it works or how to use it.

The information itself is out there very cheap and even free in books.
My question to people who sell these systems is, if your secret works and you know how to use it, you should already be wealthy and you would not need to be selling this information.

"If I had a secret like that, the only people to benefit from it would be my kids and grandkids!"

larsson71: That sounds extremely selfish to me.

Why is it selfish? All I want is to provide for my family and make sure that their financial futures are secure. If that's selfish to you? Then fine, but it's normal to me.

It is selfish to keep information to yourself if it could benefit others, and it does not cost you anything to refer people to that information.

I have a little book that sounds very selfish on the cover, but it is full of amazing information that is not selfish at all. It is called "How to get people to do what you want."

Other books I like off hand are:

"The science of getting rich." (Wattles)
"The Law of Attraction." (Hicks)
"Unlimited Power." (Anthony Robbins)
"Creative Visualization" (Gwane)
"Ask and it is Given." (Hicks)

There are tons others and they all hit on the same so called "secret."

The reason it is called "secret" is because there is a certain number of people who will toss this information in the trash because the don't understand it or don't know quite how to use it.

Why would I want to read a book when i'm doing ok, in real life now? Jeanniebean, I did 22 years working for other people and just got sick of it. I brought my son up alone for 14 years and had to do whatever I had, workwise to make sure my kid never went without. He's just turned 22 and works in London, as he wants to find his own way, before he takes over the reins of my company. I've worked hard for what I have and you criticise me for it? Get real and chill out, eh? Wasn't you out in the rain and snow, breaking your back to pay the bills, etc, was it?

I am not criticizing you. It does not matter to me if you read any of these books. I posted them there for anyone who reads this thread.

They contain the "secrets to success" that everyone is talking about, which is not really a secret. You don't have the secret and you don't want it and that is your choice.

I thought your remark sounded selfish and you asked me "why is it selfish" and I told you. If you didn't want to know why I thought your remark was selfish, why did you ask?

no photo
Sat 11/16/13 10:52 AM
Edited by Jeanniebean on Sat 11/16/13 10:52 AM
Scum bags can still love their daughters.

They just don't love You or yours.

Karma is a beeeitch.

no photo
Sat 11/16/13 10:46 AM
Edited by Jeanniebean on Sat 11/16/13 10:49 AM
We all both receive and doll out KARMA everyday whether we are aware of it or not.

Your attitude will determine how the events of your day might go.

If you have a chronic negative attitude nothing good will come of that.

If you think the world owes you everything, you are highly mistaken, and you will not be very happy when you don't get what you want.

Here is an example of a small dash of Karma.

A business in my town sold me a swirl soft serve ice cream cone that was going sour. He refused to replace my cone for a different flavor, for free. I had to pay for it. He denied there was anything wrong with his product. He refused to taste it himself. He almost refused to take it back when I handed it to him. I told him to throw it in the trash. I paid for another cone, different flavor.

Then I wrote about this in my blog. I don't think he read it but others did. I'm sure it hasn't helped his business, but he has no way of knowing that. I have a website about my town where I list all the restaurants in town. I took his free listing off of that page.

One day he emails me and asks me why his restaurant is no longer listed. He has no idea I am the same person he treated badly at his restaurant. I didn't respond to his email, but I did decide to also remove his business from my business directory on the website.

That $1.25 cent cone cost him a lot. He lost business and free advertising. He still has no clue.

Karma is not always apparent.

But it is real.

:wink:

no photo
Sat 11/16/13 10:35 AM
I love this thread!!laugh laugh laugh

mightymoe.....so... so why does bad things happen to good people? if they don't do bad things, by that logic, nothing bad should ever happen to them?

and, by the same standards, nothing good should ever happen to bad people?

Who decides who is "good or bad?"laugh

what if the people are both bad and good? or, a good person does both a bad and good thing at the same time- example: a good person accidentally shoots another person and kills them... but, if the person shot had lived, would have planted a bomb in a factory, killing 14 others... murder is not a good thing, but they unknowingly saved 14 others from an explosive death...

seems like there's a lot of logic to think about before anyone can say Karma is valid...

Karma works in mysterious (and personal) ways.