Community > Posts By > Jeanniebean

no photo
Fri 11/22/13 04:15 PM
In John 14:6 Jesus said, "��I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me." Now if what Jesus said is true, then other faiths are not alternate paths to God. To deny what Jesus said is to deny the Christian faith altogether.

The interpretation of this verse by Christians is all wrong. They think it means that in order to get to "the father" they must profess that they accept and believe that Jesus is their savior. That is not what this passage means at all.

If Jesus said this, as the voice of God, and if "God" is "Love" then that is what this means.

Love is the way, the truth and the Life. No one comes to the father except through Love.

"God is love." If Jesus is God, and God is Love then Jesus is love.

LOVE is the way.

Jesus was a man and if he was God then he spoke for God and if God is Love then he spoke for love. Don't worship the man. If you worship Jesus the man then you worship false idols.

no photo
Fri 11/22/13 04:06 PM
Edited by Jeanniebean on Fri 11/22/13 04:08 PM
I am aware of what most Christians believe. (Or are told they must believe, or claim to believe.)

But if you skip over all those "IFs" and stories and look at what Jesus was supposed to have been trying to TEACH people, I think that is where you will find true Christianity.

And that is what is important.

Take the path of Love and Compassion. Do everything in the name of Love and Compassion, and have no fear. That is the message of Jesus.

The rest is Church dogma, and rules about what Christians are "supposed to believe."

If they believe these things, and they are not leading lives of Love and compassion, then they have missed the boat and the message.

no photo
Fri 11/22/13 03:56 PM

Christianity isn't about "us vs. them".

What I see in this thread is a distortion of the Christian faith being presented by non-Christians.

Christians have been distorting the meaning of Christianity for centuries.

I think it is time for non-Christians to figure it out for them since they haven't been able to.

no photo
Fri 11/22/13 03:42 PM
Edited by Jeanniebean on Fri 11/22/13 03:49 PM

People are not evil "by nature."

They simply to not know love.

Bibarnes had referred people to 'Adamic nature' instead of 'evil nature' and people are Adamic by nature because of sin and unbelieving.

There are two categories of people in Christian religion. Born again Christian and non born again Christian.

Those that are born again are born in the nature of our Lord Jesus Christ while non born again Christian are not yet born in that nature of Christ Jesus, and their nature is still Adamic (the nature of 'Adam' that brought sin into the world).

What I see as a common thread among Christians is an annoying trait that too often presents itself as a total lack of understanding about human nature...Christians act as if it's a given that they alone define goodness...In doing this they "work" to create the very thing they claim to be against, separatism...My problem is not with the "concept" of God, Jesus, or the written word, my problem is with Christians....For me, religion is a very personal matter....Advice on the subject from people who do not know me means little or nothing....

Yes this is true. Religion is personal. Consciousness is personal.

But it's not just Christians who think they are 'right' and everyone else is 'wrong' - and going to hell, every cult, every sect and denomination I have looked at have the delusion they they and they alone have got it right.

Perhaps it makes them feel special. If your religion makes you a better person then that is a good thing, but you should never go around with the idea that if a person does not buy into your particular dogma or religious book that they are lost souls not worthy of God. That is the ultimate arrogance in my opinion.

It really comes down to how one deals with the resurrection of Jesus.

I can't tell if you are serious or joking.

If you are serious, then I will say that it has nothing to do with how one deals with any particular Bible stories. I have no problem believing in miracles or of people coming back to life after having been dead. I actually know of several factual cases where this really happened.

Even if I said I believed that there was a spiritual man named Jesus and that he died and then came back to life, I don't think it is necessary to then have to believe that he died for the sins of mankind, or that he was the only begotten son of God, born of a virgin and all the other religious trappings they made up about him.

If Jesus really did make a deal with God or the Devil and exchanged his life for the lives of all mankind or humans on the earth, I am deeply grateful to him for that. I can't imagine why it would have been necessary to do that, unless there was some evil God that had decided to destroy the earth and all of mankind for their sins and Jesus stepped up and said, "Wait! Take me instead." Let them live.

Okay so he died and mankind was spared. But now some religious priests are telling us that we MUST now worship him and accept him as our savior IF we are going to be saved. Really? Another bargain? With priests and churches? Didn't Jesus already die for mankind? Now you want to round up volunteers to join your cult and worship him?

This just sounds a bunch of alien overlords fighting over the human slaves. It makes no practical sense.

Instead, I think I will just follow my own heart and experience my own relationship with the divine and walk away from the trappings of religious dogma and all of their perceptions and rules.

I am saved. I saved myself. Love, compassion, and faith will engulf me. There is no room for fear, doubt or evil.

no photo
Fri 11/22/13 03:28 PM

Bibarnes had referred people to 'Adamic nature' instead of 'evil nature' and people are Adamic by nature because of sin and unbelieving.

There are two categories of people in Christian religion. Born again Christian and non born again Christian.

Those that are born again are born in the nature of our Lord Jesus Christ while non born again Christian are not yet born in that nature of Christ Jesus, and their nature is still Adamic (the nature of 'Adam' that brought sin into the world).

What I see as a common thread among Christians is an annoying trait that too often presents itself as a total lack of understanding about human nature...Christians act as if it's a given that they alone define goodness...In doing this they "work" to create the very thing they claim to be against, separatism...My problem is not with the "concept" of God, Jesus, or the written word, my problem is with Christians....For me, religion is a very personal matter....Advice on the subject from people who do not know me means little or nothing....

But it's not just Christians who think they are 'right' and everyone else is 'wrong' - and going to hell, every cult, every sect and denomination I have looked at have the delusion they they and they alone have got it right.

Perhaps it makes them feel special. If your religion makes you a better person then that is a good thing, but you should never go around with the idea that if a person does not buy into your particular dogma or religious book that they are lost souls not worthy of God. That is the ultimate arrogance in my opinion.

You're right, it's not just Christians, but the thread title is specific...You know Jeannie, I have never been able to figure out what it is...A feeling of superiority, specialness....What I do know is, more often than not, it comes off as a smugness that is, at times, unbearable...And let me be clear, not all Christians act this way, but far too many do...This tells me they have not evolved in their own personal development or they are hypocrites...sad2

Yes. It is something scientists call "false certainty." They are certain they are right and you are either a lost soul needing to be saved or that you have willfully chosen an evil path.

Smuggness is a good word. When they realize that you don't want to join their cult, then they separate themselves from you out of fear that you will "corrupt" their faith.

no photo
Fri 11/22/13 03:11 PM
Edited by Jeanniebean on Fri 11/22/13 03:19 PM
This is to TawtStrat

Well, this is how it is. I just take it for granted that I'm going to have to run in a new girlfriend. I mean, you don't assume that it's going to be great with her the first time because it's just the first time.

True, and everyone is somewhat responsible for their own orgasm.

If a man finds himself in a situation where a woman is there to have sex with him he has this duty to perform, so to speak. Not being sure if the sex was good for her goes back to not being sure if the sex is going to be good for her and as it has been stated above, if you know what you're doing the sex will be good for her.

The statement was ... if you are really good, then you KNOW YOU ARE GOOD. If you have to wonder if it was "good for her," and you don't know, you are probably 'not good.' (You need lots of experience.) If she fooled you by faking an orgasm, you may only think you are good.

Women know that men's egos are huge, and many will fake it for that reason because sometimes a man won't give up until he thinks she had her orgasm. ...And she just wants it to be over. Some men don't care or are just clueless or maybe they just assume it was good for her.

As far as the thing about women faking orgasms goes, I believe that's a myth perpetuated by guys that are crap shags.

If you think its a myth, then you have been with a lot of fakers.
Its NO MYTH.

I am giving you a piece of brutal honesty here, so don't go into denial.

no photo
Fri 11/22/13 02:48 PM
Edited by Jeanniebean on Fri 11/22/13 02:48 PM
You can have love, as no one can stop you from loving them.

You can have happiness and joy when you let the love flow.

Both happiness and love are yours for the taking.

When you follow your purpose of these things, abundance is yours and the universe conspires to give you what ever you desire.

flowerforyou

no photo
Fri 11/22/13 02:36 PM

no photo
Fri 11/22/13 12:04 PM
I don't buy into all that kind of symbolic thinking put forth by Biblical texts, but I understand the concept of being enlightened or finding enlightenment.

If you are or become truly enlightened, you realize that "self" and "God" are one. If you are enlightened and you have gone from ignorance and fear (evil)and you live in compassion and love, then you are "born again" in spirit and you are one with God.

A "sinner" embraces fear and disrupts and goes against the natural nature of life and joy with wrong thinking and wrong acts that stem from fear.

Love is the opposite of fear. Faith is to accept what is and live in serenity.

no photo
Fri 11/22/13 11:02 AM

Also, and this is a "no brainer" if you are not good with one night stands then don't have sex with a woman on the first date!

I don't care how many life stories you swap. That does not take the place of building a relationship.

no photo
Fri 11/22/13 10:57 AM
Edited by Jeanniebean on Fri 11/22/13 10:58 AM
Okay I think its time for a dose of brutal honesty from the High Priestess of the Universal life church of brutal truth and honesty.

That would be me.

This is going to be hard for a lot of men to take and they will all probably think it does not apply to them. But...

Did you give her mind blowing sex? Do you know what you are doing in the sack? Did you know that most encounters that women have are a huge disappointment? Do you have a clue how many women fake orgasms? Most men are clueless on how to please a woman. The ones who do, KNOW THEY ARE GOOD. If you don't KNOW YOU ARE GOOD, and I mean KNOW it, then you probably are not.

Women do get horny, and that's a fact. How frustrating do you think it is for a woman who is horny to bed a guy who only frustrates her more? Why do you think women buy vibrators? Because most of them end up having to please themselves.

If a woman is only wanting sex, and the sex is not good, she ain't coming back. On the other hand if you take the time to develop a relationship, she might have more patience and teach you a few things.

This post is for all men.

no photo
Fri 11/22/13 10:47 AM
It is time for smart people to expose the stupid idiots who are supposed to be the "authorities" in this country. frustrated

Get them on video and upload them to youtube.

no photo
Fri 11/22/13 10:45 AM
Black is classy, Red is HOT.

no photo
Fri 11/22/13 10:35 AM

Officer Johnson says "��First of all, it's a crime, just the initial act itself,” he explained. But let'��s say that person falls down, hits their head and dies. Then, that means you'��re probably going to go to jail for life.

First of all it's a crime? No chit Sherlock!! ASSAULT AND BATTERY.

laugh ..Officer Johnson needs to recalibrate his response....so as not to appear quite so stupid...

The amount of stupidity in the world astounds me.

no photo
Fri 11/22/13 09:45 AM
Edited by Jeanniebean on Fri 11/22/13 09:51 AM
This book might be a little difficult to understand, but you can download it for free. I just found it yesterday. It is called "The crack in the cosmic egg." It talkes about how our minds create our experiences and our reality. I'm not finished reading it yet. It seems very interesting.

This is not a clickable link, but if you copy and paste it you can find this book.

http://selfdefinition.org/psychology/Joseph%20Chilton%20Pearce%20-%20The%20Crack%20in%20The%20Cosmic%20Egg.pdf

no photo
Fri 11/22/13 09:41 AM
Edited by Jeanniebean on Fri 11/22/13 09:50 AM

You are the best here in mingle2.Wonderful. But please Madam sprinkling of salt around all the doors and windows does it really work?

She said it worked for her. It is the power of the mind and the belief given to the ritual that causes it to work. Plus, salt is a purifier. When you petition the universe for something it will conspire to give it to you. Ask for protection and you will get it. You are more powerful than the attacker.

Ask a firewalker how they walked across hot coals without getting burned. It's not a 'trick' it is the power of the mind's state of consciousness.

no photo
Fri 11/22/13 09:36 AM
Officer Johnson says "��First of all, it's a crime, just the initial act itself,” he explained. But let'��s say that person falls down, hits their head and dies. Then, that means you'��re probably going to go to jail for life.

First of all it's a crime? No chit Sherlock!! ASSAULT AND BATTERY.

no photo
Fri 11/22/13 09:33 AM
She says he called police immediately after the attack and officers were able to track down the man who hit him. However, so far, no charges have been filed.

WHY THE HELL NOT?

That's frustrating. FILE CHARGES.

no photo
Fri 11/22/13 09:26 AM
Does anyone care to join the discussion about free will?

Where have all the thinkers gone on Mingle?

no photo
Fri 11/22/13 09:24 AM
Edited by Jeanniebean on Fri 11/22/13 09:25 AM
I don't believe in determinism. Some people claim that free will is an illusion. I think that is crap. It absolves everyone of all responsibility. Its crap.

I believe that a person is intimately involved in every event and experience he has an is a co-creator of that event and experience.

You may not be conscious of how you are responsible, but you are responsible on the subconscious level. This is where people want to place the blame on something else and claim that it is not their fault. I suppose it makes them feel better.

Here is what I think of Sam Harris's talk on Free will being an illusion:

http://mingle2.com/topic/377043

1 2 13 14 15 17 19 20 21 24 25