Community > Posts By > BobbyJ

BobbyJ's photo
Tue 09/16/08 11:45 AM

my first question before I offer any advice... do any of these 3 women think that you are dating her exclusivly?

Each thinks they have me exclusively. Hey, it's dating, right? Why should I waste a lot of my time being with just one when I can so easily increase the odds of finding the "right" one?! Gotta watch those caller id's! LOL!
thats sad you can't be honest

What's dishonest about it? They don't ask if I'm dating others at the same time and I don't tell.

BobbyJ's photo
Tue 09/16/08 11:44 AM

trying to keep the same topics of conversation ?slaphead

Yes, I do try to guide the topics as best I can. For instance, talking about each other's families to all three as close to in sync as I can. A really hard part is if they tell me their kids names. Yikes, try to keep those straight, especially if they have a few! And yes, I do keep notes in my pocket that I read when they call or before we go out! LOL!

BobbyJ's photo
Tue 09/16/08 11:39 AM

Okay, I'm dating three women at the same time right now. I think I've tied the most I've dated at any one time for any given point in my life. The hardest thing is to keep the names straight and what we've talked about in sync. I try to keep the same topics of conversation as much the same to each as I can. I also avoid calling them by their name to avoid any slip-ups.

Anyone shuffle dates like this? Gotta say, it's not only a challenge, but a blast!
Do you mean physically dating, or internet dating?

These are all in-person dates. Some of the in-persons I do meet from online.

BobbyJ's photo
Tue 09/16/08 11:37 AM

my first question before I offer any advice... do any of these 3 women think that you are dating her exclusivly?

Each thinks they have me exclusively. Hey, it's dating, right? Why should I waste a lot of my time being with just one when I can so easily increase the odds of finding the "right" one?! Gotta watch those caller id's! LOL!

BobbyJ's photo
Tue 09/16/08 11:33 AM
Okay, I'm dating three women at the same time right now. I think I've tied the most I've dated at any one time for any given point in my life. The hardest thing is to keep the names straight and what we've talked about in sync. I try to keep the same topics of conversation as much the same to each as I can. I also avoid calling them by their name to avoid any slip-ups.

Anyone shuffle dates like this? Gotta say, it's not only a challenge, but a blast!

BobbyJ's photo
Sun 09/14/08 09:39 AM

Bobby, sorry to disagree, but I know many relationships, with over a 5 yrs age differance, that are still going yrs. later. Gwen & I had a 7 yr differance & it worked just fine.

Personal approach to age, IS the whole story.
If age is that important for you, so be it.
If I made age a factor, I would have missed some GREAT life experiences.

JMO

Okay, allow me to correct myself from 5 years to 10 years. I'm dating a woman 9 years younger than me now! Oops, and yes, it is working out very, very well.

BobbyJ's photo
Sun 09/14/08 08:58 AM

As a man and speaking from experience (I've been with women 20 years younger and up to 7 years older), there is a major difference with age. It's called life's experiences. People far different in age are not only on a different page in life, but their experiences (familiarity with same music, events, memories, etc.) is just not there. I have found that 5 years, either way from my own age is best. More than 5 years, good luck because at some point the differences will break things up.

Those who say age isn't important will learn how important it is when they see how temporary the greater age differences make a relationship.

Normally I would agree with you whole heartedly... which is why all my relationships were in my age range. And it is also the reason I almost missed out on the relationship I am in (which would have been the biggest mistake of my life).

Yet.. I have found the exception to the norm... while he is younger, there have been no hiccups in the wide range of things we share & discuss... and as we have been a part of each other's life for a year already, I am very confident in stating that the biological age difference does not affect our relationship.

Am I saying it will be the same for everyone? No

Am I changing my tune to say, at least see if it works before you walk away? Yes

Am I now supporting the stance of, is it possible that age makes no difference? Yes

flowers

I know this will sound awful to many, but face the facts. The older man or woman in a much older/younger romance will one day realize after looking in the mirror that the wrinkles do matter! The younger person will eventually take note and make an exit! I won't say outright that it can't work, but probability says it wont. That's human nature. That's life!

BobbyJ's photo
Sun 09/14/08 08:41 AM
As a man and speaking from experience (I've been with women 20 years younger and up to 7 years older), there is a major difference with age. It's called life's experiences. People far different in age are not only on a different page in life, but their experiences (familiarity with same music, events, memories, etc.) is just not there. I have found that 5 years, either way from my own age is best. More than 5 years, good luck because at some point the differences will break things up.

Those who say age isn't important will learn how important it is when they see how temporary the greater age differences make a relationship.

BobbyJ's photo
Sat 09/13/08 06:49 PM
And I knew that women would come up with some way to keep men from having any of their cake!

BobbyJ's photo
Sat 09/13/08 12:49 PM
Bears still suck! Ahh, the Flatlanders (FIBS) will be crying again!

BobbyJ's photo
Sat 09/13/08 12:46 PM
If you give her a diamond, you get a diamondback!

--lyrics from "Venom in Denom" by Junior Brown

BobbyJ's photo
Fri 09/12/08 01:49 PM
Edited by BobbyJ on Fri 09/12/08 01:50 PM
Forget the charge, give that man a medal! Maybe he throught he was attacking a rapist that broke in ready to harm his daughter!

BobbyJ's photo
Fri 09/12/08 09:39 AM
"It's not the people who vote that count. It's the people who count the votes." (Josef Stalin)

BobbyJ's photo
Fri 09/12/08 08:55 AM
My personal beliefs are the same as yours LonelyWalker. However, I believe this question is one of those that has so many different opinions that it will never have a definitive answer. So, I think it's a matter of conscience. Everyone must follow their own conscience on this question.

BobbyJ's photo
Fri 09/12/08 08:12 AM
I was flipping channels late last night and came across something briefly. It was some sort of a science show where the scientists successfull crossed two different species producing offspring. I think it was a bat and a mouse.

The scientist mentioned that this specie crossing was an important step in his group's goal to have animals grow human replacement parts.

I don't know about you, but this has to be one of the most grievous forms of animal abuse yet. Peope should be protesting at this science groups front door before what abuse they plan for animals becomes a reality.

BobbyJ's photo
Thu 09/11/08 07:02 PM
A mosquitoe after biting a drug addict!

rofl

BobbyJ's photo
Wed 09/10/08 03:56 PM
Edited by BobbyJ on Wed 09/10/08 03:57 PM

Another Republicrat opens his mouth and sticks his foot in it!

Obama told voters that they shouldn't believe John McCain and Palin's talk about reforming Washington. "You can put lipstick on a pig," Obama said. "It's still a pig."

Wow!

Oh, you never heard that one before? It actually predates St. Palin. Most importantly, this is just more smoke to obfuscate the issues.

According to the news I read, Obama made the remark yesterday in Lebanon, Va.

Nader is looking better and better!

BobbyJ's photo
Wed 09/10/08 03:47 PM
Another Republicrat opens his mouth and sticks his foot in it!

Obama told voters that they shouldn't believe John McCain and Palin's talk about reforming Washington. "You can put lipstick on a pig," Obama said. "It's still a pig."

Wow!

BobbyJ's photo
Wed 09/10/08 03:38 PM

I donno but I keep waiting for you...

Not Yahoo but Youwho?!

BobbyJ's photo
Wed 09/10/08 03:36 PM

offtopic ANYONE WANNA PLAY MOTORBOAT?????offtopic

oops slaphead

love Oh hey there sailorlove

I'll be the submarine!

1 3 5 6 7 8 9 24 25