Community > Posts By > RicJL

RicJL's photo
Thu 05/22/08 12:07 PM

footwear looks great - paid big $$$ - remain in closet because of the nasty blisters they cause - do you have any such pairs?

There's a liquid that comes in a red bottle called "shoe Stretch" or something like that, that you squirt all inside of the shoe, rub in, then put them on wet and wear until they dry. The shoes will fit like gloves afterwards (wear thick socks when you do this).
Been using that stuff since I was a little bitty private in the army and that's a looooong time...

RicJL's photo
Thu 05/22/08 11:56 AM
Too bad, I did and it really made me feel like I was a part of the birthing process. I carried him from the cleaning table to his mother, so technically, I was the first of the family to touch him. Bonded immediately and now that he lives across the Big Pond, miss him terribly.
Enjoy and good luck, Daddy!

RicJL's photo
Thu 05/22/08 11:51 AM

Just to tell ya again, congrats and he is amazingly beautiful. If he has half your brains and heart, he'll be a blessed man. :heart: :heart: ya and go get some sleep while you still can laugh laugh laugh

Good, sound advice, that!

RicJL's photo
Thu 05/22/08 11:48 AM
Harumph, Harumph, Harumph! *In a British accent*
What's all this, then?
Right, I refuse to answer that question...it's silly!
What's more, I'm warning this thread that any more such silliness and I'll nick the lot of you!

RicJL's photo
Thu 05/22/08 11:38 AM
somewhere around 30

RicJL's photo
Thu 05/22/08 11:35 AM
Edited by RicJL on Thu 05/22/08 11:36 AM

awh shadow i an so chuffed for you congratulations hun and hes beautifulflowerforyou :heart:

He is, i still don't believe he is my son. it was nice being able to have him with us all night. I tell you this, watching him being born was one of the most beautiful things that ever happen in my life...

I can relate, I was there in the delivery room, I was the hand and left leg holder laugh and I have the scars to prove it!
Did they let you cut the umbilical cord?

Good, strong sounding name, BTW.

RicJL's photo
Thu 05/22/08 11:31 AM
I'm glad my car gets 30 miles to the gallon and I moved last year to within 3 miles from work. Both choices were made after careful consideration of what was going on in the world. Looks like I guessed right.

I haven't been cycling to work because of the lack of sidewalks and bike paths in my area of Michigan (who needs 'em, everybody has a car, right?) but if only a few can afford to drive and many start working from home,then maybe I can reconsider. I could use the exercise, Lord knows!

RicJL's photo
Thu 05/22/08 11:07 AM
Whoo Hoo! Glad to hear all is well...Congratulations!
Yeah, I wonder where he got a full head of hair from...not!

Does he have a name yet?

RicJL's photo
Wed 05/21/08 07:51 PM
Seeing Alatariel sit at the table not far away, the Druid says quietly, "Good evening, allow me to introduce myself, I am the Druid Caracatus, I don't believe that we have been introduced, although I have seen you here before." He smiles winningly and raises his tankard in salute.

RicJL's photo
Wed 05/21/08 07:47 PM

Think nothing of it, little one. Think of it as a gift for the show you put on with that great oaf.

"hey watch who your calling a great oaf. We're all having fun in here tonight."

"Well, you must admit that you do rather fill up a doorway, at least!", Caracatus hides his smile by taking another swig from his tankard.

RicJL's photo
Wed 05/21/08 07:42 PM
Think nothing of it, little one. Think of it as a gift for the show you put on with that great oaf.

RicJL's photo
Wed 05/21/08 07:39 PM
Edited by RicJL on Wed 05/21/08 07:40 PM
The Druid does a double take when the Orc begins to slam his own club into his head. "Now there's low comedy for you." He mutters.

RicJL's photo
Wed 05/21/08 07:37 PM

For those of you (whom I love dearly) who are walking on eggshells for fear of offending me - this diagnosis is NOT about my daughter. Her issues are something else entirely. I just happened to read the symptoms of this one and it fit someone I know spot on. I wondered if anyone else knew someone that fit it.

I was going to ask, how are thing going on the daughter front now? Any better? I hope so.

RicJL's photo
Wed 05/21/08 07:35 PM
Caracatus scowls disapprovingly at the zombies.
"Creatures who have mingled their flesh with the earth are powerful and difficult to control when the moons are full," he thinks, " I only hope that conjuring the undead for fun doesn't backfire on the party." He takes another swig of his brew.

RicJL's photo
Wed 05/21/08 07:23 PM
"Hadn't you best see to Pan? She's had an awful fright an may need calming. Here, give her some of this, it will help." He reaches into his robes and hands her some catnip, picked fresh that day.

RicJL's photo
Wed 05/21/08 07:20 PM
Caracatus calls again, "Calliope" He beckons again.

RicJL's photo
Wed 05/21/08 07:18 PM
"Calliope." He calls, when she looks his way, he crooks a finger, beckoning her over.

RicJL's photo
Wed 05/21/08 07:15 PM
Seeing the others head for the door, the Druid considers following them but decides against it, he has had enough of crowds for one evening. Picking up his brew, he goes over to the hearth to his usual seat, tips it back on it's rear legs as is his custom, then gulps down a mouthful of brew and looks around the room, seeing Azareak enter, his mouth draws once again into a stright, thin line.

RicJL's photo
Wed 05/21/08 07:10 PM

She begins to dart around Thogeon, "Try it again and Ill have you on your ass, dizzy" she scurries so quickly in circles, between his legs, under the tables...

Thogeon is not able to keep up with her...She lunges at his back with great force, knocking him into the table. Darts to the bar stool jumps on the bar and says..."Now how big are you?"

The scowl on Caracatus' face lightens into a slight smile as he watches the hobbit literally run rings around the huge Thogeon.

RicJL's photo
Wed 05/21/08 06:58 PM
Caracatus sees what has been done to a fellow creature of the earth and scowling, walks over and picks the cat up. Laying it on the bar, he turns and with an angry look says, "This is a very disrespectful manner in which to treat one so small and defenseless."
He reaches into his robes and produces a packet of herbs. Chanting, he touches each joint of the cat's body. With the final touch, Pan springs to life. Howling it leaps off of the bar and runs up the stairs.

1 2 5 6 7 9 11 12 13 24 25