Community > Posts By > RicJL

RicJL's photo
Sun 05/25/08 09:27 PM

I get carded.

I believe it!
:wink:

RicJL's photo
Sun 05/25/08 09:26 PM
Younger, despite years in the desert, I don't seem to be wrinkling up much...yet. (Good genetics, thanks Mom)

RicJL's photo
Sun 05/25/08 09:25 PM

just a broken schnoze

Like I posted last night, ice, ice, baby!
Feel better soon.

RicJL's photo
Sun 05/25/08 06:33 PM
Edited by RicJL on Sun 05/25/08 06:55 PM
Just heard the landing data readouts...talk about your pinpoint landings!

9:55 - WE GOT PICTURES! The solar panels are looking goood!

RicJL's photo
Sun 05/25/08 06:12 PM
Edited by RicJL on Sun 05/25/08 06:13 PM

Did Guillermo del Toro direct the first Hellboy ?

He sure did.
Hellboy II is directed by Guillermo del Toro as well.

RicJL's photo
Sun 05/25/08 06:09 PM
I just saw the trailer at the cinema today when I went to see the new Indiana Jones film. I'm definitely going to go see Hellboy II, being a fan of the first film.

RicJL's photo
Sun 05/25/08 06:07 PM
Did someone mention Spam? It's Caraaazy Tasty!

laugh laugh

RicJL's photo
Sun 05/25/08 05:40 PM

Im watching the live link at NASA TV..

I have it up too in another tab but there's no extras, so I'm switching over to NASA when the Science Channel announces that something interesting is going on.

RicJL's photo
Sun 05/25/08 05:29 PM
The Science Channel's coverage has been awsome so far, lots of interesting interviews, facts, animations and live coverage. I have one complaint. They keep sneaking in lame Billy Mays commercials!
mad

RicJL's photo
Sun 05/25/08 05:14 PM

Its perfect almost. Only 1/4 degree tilt, perfect azimuth, Just waiting for pictures.drinker drinker drinker

It's the waiting and the transmission lag that drives me nuts during live NASA broadcasts. Damn the speed of light! :wink:

RicJL's photo
Sun 05/25/08 04:55 PM

TOUCHDOWN!!!!!

WHHHOOOOOOO! HHHHOOOOOOO!
The operator crews goes nuts!

Hey folks, we are back on Mars!!!

RicJL's photo
Sun 05/25/08 04:41 PM
Is anybody following the Phoenix probe landing at Mar's North Pole this evening? As of 7:30 pm EST, it is on schedule to land and begin it's investigation into whether any primitive life ever existed in the permafrost.

There's live coverage on cable's The Science Channel, if you want to follow along.

RicJL's photo
Sun 05/25/08 02:57 PM

every one can get so damn sensitive

Yourself included, apparently...laugh

RicJL's photo
Sun 05/25/08 01:06 PM

Men! Terrible! They are all the same!

Women! Wicked! They are all the same!

Get real. :wink:

RicJL's photo
Sun 05/25/08 09:47 AM
Good morning/afternoon, everyone. I'm going to a cookout at Heritage Park in a few, it's over at 5 pm and then a few of us are heading over to the AMC 20 cinema to see Indiana Jones. Saw Iron Man on Friday night with ex g/f and her son and it was great! Definitely gonna add that to the DVD collection, once they release it.

RicJL's photo
Sun 05/25/08 09:22 AM
Big or small I love 'em all!

A big girl I was dating (5'11", weighed more than my 220) once told me, "I may not be the the prettiest ride in the park (looked behind herself), but at least there's no line..."
:smile: :wink: laugh

RicJL's photo
Sat 05/24/08 09:22 PM

been released from the hospital

You'll heal up pretty quick, maybe you can tell from my pics that I've busted my nose more than once, so I nose. (pun intended) You'll want to ice it tonight to dull the pain and keep the swelling down.

Is the car totaled? Are you going to sue?

RicJL's photo
Sat 05/24/08 07:57 PM
I've read this entire thread and all I can say is that the young man in question (aside from the restaurant issue), if he doesn't have a severe problem with self esteem and phobias, is well on his way to having them. Please call the number that was supplied earlier and start getting some help.

Listen to this, I left home for the Army 3 months after graduation. At that time, I had been taught at home to wash the dishes, clean the bathroom, do laundry, iron my own clothes, do rudimentary sewing, basic cooking and the most valuable thing of all, I had Social Skills.

In my opinion, Kleisto, until such time as you master those basics, you are heading for trouble and maybe just wasting your life. It's a wide and wonderful world out there, grab your piece of it! You're entitled to it by virtue of having been put on this Earth in the first place. Sure, you're going to get hurt once in awhile, but that's nothing to fear, it's part of the human experience and what doesn't kill you will make you stronger.

So pluck up your courage, take that first step and make that call! Remember that a journey of a thousand miles begins with that first step.

Oh, and don't sweat the small stuff like what happened at the restaurant. Put it behind you and the next time something like that comes up, recognize it, bite your tongue and let it go. It'll take practice sure, but that's perfectly all right, nobody makes behavior changes instantly.

Good luck.

RicJL's photo
Sat 05/24/08 06:59 AM

"vanillas"?

Yes, those that practice "straight sex", or even straight sex with a kinky twist.

By straight, I do not necessarily mean "heterosexual", although many hets do practice vanilla sex. I mean....on the less spicy or creative side. Plainer.

So what's the obverse of vanilla? Tutti-frutti?

RicJL's photo
Sat 05/24/08 06:57 AM

Hi, before we continue this date, please fill out this 50 question survey. Oh, it's not much...I am going to get a beer from the bar...You should be done by the time I get back...I will review it and see if this will go further....Oh, I need a blood sample as well laugh

laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh

The men I usually date and I usually do! It's actually an excellent practice. Good starting point for open, frank communication about a lot of things. Really! I'm not kidding! lol ....I know so many people that do. laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh blushing flowerforyou

It works. bigsmile

Nice that you found a group of friends that also enjoys interrogation as opposed to conversation at the outset of a potential relationship. :wink:
Personally, I find that, if my new acquaintance started off by asking me questions along the vein of this thread, I'd feel more than a little creeped out, but that's just me, I'm an old fashioned kinda guy who likes to get to know someone prior to typing and cross matching their blood sample. laugh

1 2 3 5 7 8 9 24 25