Community > Posts By > RicJL

RicJL's photo
Mon 11/02/09 02:00 PM
You could try going to the Windows Update web site and disabling those two updates after making sure they are installed, of course.

RicJL's photo
Thu 07/02/09 09:07 AM
Try substituting the butter and milk with Cheez Whiz (a Velveeta product). When mixing, place the pot back on the warm burner that you used to boil the noodles, to help soften the Cheez Whiz. Add the cheese powder as you would normally.

Now THAT'S cheesy mac!

RicJL's photo
Thu 06/19/08 12:58 PM
Edited by RicJL on Thu 06/19/08 12:59 PM
I was born and raised in the City of Montreal, Quebec, until I left to join the military at 18.
What I think about Canada and Canadians is just how very different it/they are from the US and Americans, once you get past the obvious surface similarities.

RicJL's photo
Thu 06/19/08 10:18 AM
Edited by RicJL on Thu 06/19/08 10:24 AM
explode
BOOOOMMM!!

RicJL's photo
Thu 06/19/08 10:00 AM
Depends on the type of work you'd be doing. If you're below decks, doing laundry or preparing meals, then bleah!

As far as dating goes, cruises are so expensive that the commercials are totally misleading. It's not all Young and Beautiful couples running around in Tuxes and Evening Gowns.

It's mostly grumpy old men in Hawaiian shirts with their scrawny, hairy and bowed legs sticking out of Bermuda shorts that are hiked up to their armpits and their fat, blue-haired wives who do little but wear mumu's and sandals to show off their knobbly, varicose veined feet and toes and line up like cattle at the buffet to moo-an and complain about how the food and the service is terrible and speculating about who's sleeping with whom to get a seat at the Captain's table...

Anybody who tells you different, works for one of the Cruise Lines...

:wink: laugh laugh

RicJL's photo
Thu 06/19/08 09:37 AM
Peccy, I like beef skewed the bestest, I has some with a biscuit for lunch...

RicJL's photo
Thu 06/19/08 09:31 AM
yawn yawn yawn
sad sad sad
brokenheart brokenheart brokenheart
:cry: :cry: :cry:

RicJL's photo
Thu 06/19/08 06:32 AM

True, <b><u>but I still gotta try</u></b>. I like to make people think. Sometimes you actually get through to someone and other times the looks you get on their faces are more than enough to make the effort worth it.

Excuse my ignorance but how is insisting on "educating" someone on your personal beliefs different from any Christian proselytizing about their sect in an effort to bring their religion's "message" to you?

RicJL's photo
Wed 06/18/08 09:04 AM

I LOVED that show
I wish they would bring it back.....

Whoopi Goldberg tried, acting as Producer and starring in the center square but I think it flopped and got canceled.

RicJL's photo
Fri 06/13/08 10:30 AM
Tuna Salad with lettuce on a croissant, a Red Delicious apple and a 20 oz bottle of ice cold water.
Now I want a Snickers bar...grumble
:wink: laugh

RicJL's photo
Wed 06/11/08 04:05 AM
Well, I don't subscribe to any kind of Theism at all but having read the Holy Books of several different religions, Christian and non Christian, I have been happy to adopt some of the ideological lessons that I found, such as tolerance, kindness, helping and protecting those weaker than yourself, and compassion for all living creatures. One lesson that I adhere to very strongly is to respect people and treat them as you would like them to treat you.
Now all of that doesn't mean that I don't sometimes act like a total horses ass but I Do try...if that counts for anything. If it doesn't count for anything...Meh! I've lived like this for too long to be bothered to change now...:wink: laugh

RicJL's photo
Fri 06/06/08 04:53 PM
Guys who write their name in the snow with better penmanship than me.

RicJL's photo
Fri 06/06/08 04:49 PM
Edited by RicJL on Fri 06/06/08 04:50 PM

http://www.geocities.com/Athens/Crete/6111/pneumatikos/famous1.htm

Do You Know These Famous Christians? (Part 1)
In Part 2, I will mention a lot more celebrities, sports figures in particular, who profess Christ as Savior.

Where is Jeffery Dahmer right now? If you believe that salvation is by faith alone, he is in Heaven, because on May 10th, 1994 he was baptized and accepted Jesus Christ as his personal savior.

Can you imagine anyone who deserves to be in Hell more than Jeffery Dahmer? But he believed and was baptized, so to heaven he goes, to sit at the right hand of God.

But what about the non-christian victims of Jeffery Dahmer? They go to hell to burn forever because they were "heathens".

What about the Son of Sam (serial killer David Berkowitz)? He is born again, and will go sit with Jesus. What about Adolf Hitler? He was a fanatical Christian.

But Albert Einstein, Andrew Carnegie, Albert Schweitzer, Carl Sagan, Thomas Edison, Thomas Jefferson, Benjamin Franklin, Mark Twain, and countless other humanitarians will burn and suffer agonizing and eternal torture (by a God who loves us), not just for a long time, but forever.

I was taught, when I was a young child that good people go to heaven, and bad people are punished and they go to hell.

That's just not what the bible says. We are doomed to hell and eternal torture because of the Fall From Grace- the eating of a piece of fruit, not Sin.

So much for Christian justice.

All Thread hijackers go directly to Hell forever and ever. So sayeth He who Speaks Ex Cathedra from his belly button! Ramen!

RicJL's photo
Fri 06/06/08 04:47 PM
I got a letter saying that I own my car today, no more payments!

RicJL's photo
Fri 06/06/08 04:42 PM
Ex RC, left the church in 1968.

RicJL's photo
Fri 06/06/08 04:11 PM
Or how about this one? Misdirection...

Horny guy: "Hi, beautiful day isn't it?"

Unsuspecting female: "Yes it certainly is"

Horny guy: "I see you wore your open toe sandals to take advantage of today's sunshine."

Unsuspecting female: "Yes, I just got them on sale aren't they nice?"

Horny guy: "Yes they are. May I tickle your ass with a feather?"

Unsuspecting female: (shocked)"Wha - What did you just say to me?"

Horny guy: "I said: Say, they're perfect for this weather."

RicJL's photo
Wed 06/04/08 04:50 PM
Edited by RicJL on Wed 06/04/08 04:52 PM
This entire thread is a joke, right?
If you are all serious, then you're all nucking futs.

If God invented sex and made it pleasurable, then he had a reason for doing so. Remaining "Pure" after a marriage cannot be done. Once the horse has run off, why bother locking the gate?

Does the OP think that if she remains abstinent long enough, her hymen will grow back or something?

Purity, Marriage, Morals, the rules about sexual behavior...all man made and have very little to do with the evidence placed before us by God, whatever that is.

Yikes but you people are strange! No wonder I hardly ever venture in this Topic. Think I'll leave and never return, see the second line of this post for the reason why. Buh-Bye!

RicJL's photo
Tue 06/03/08 03:42 PM

i was feeling great today! still kinna am, just wish i could GET OUT OF MY FREAKING HOUSE!grumble

What's the matter? Did someone park a car up against your front door?

RicJL's photo
Tue 06/03/08 03:23 AM
I would have an Estate sale of all my furniture and electronics, then I would fly first class to England to spend a couple of weeks with my little boy. Then I would drive from Michigan to Toronto to see my sister, then on to Montreal to see my other sister and our parents.
I'd spend the remainder of my time on Earth partying in Downtown with old friends, then croak in the Montreal General Hosptial, which is where I was born.

RicJL's photo
Mon 06/02/08 08:52 PM
I believe that organized religions are the creation of men who were looking to control others and get cushy jobs. I do not believe in an anthropomorphic God as portrayed in the Holy Books becauce he is often portrayed and petty, vindictive, wrathful and just plain mean spirited in one aspect and then all-knowing, all-seeing, and all-loving in the other. Obviously makes "Him" an invention of Mankind.

I believe in the indomitable will of human kind and the natural workings of the Universe. The mysteries that we are asked to take on as God's Works on faith alone are all eventually be solved by mankind. Never forget that we are a very young race, babies, really. As we learn and grow, the "mysteries" will eventually be understood and explained.

Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 24 25