Community > Posts By > MsCarmen

MsCarmen's photo
Tue 03/31/09 07:47 AM
I used to have a friend that would come crying to me on a daily basis about how abusive her husband was to her and how much she hated being married to him. I tried to be the supportive friend, up until she started talking to other guys on the internet and ended up bringing some truck driver to my house for their first meeting. Don't know what made her think that was okay to do. noway On top of the fact that she brought a stranger to my home, with my daughter only being 3 years old at the time, her husband somehow figured out that she was up to something that day and ended up coming to my house and busted her. All Hell started to break loose and threatened all of them that if they didn't leave, somebody was going to jail.

The truck driver left, the husband forgave her, (although she finally left him several years later), and our friendship was immediately over. She got back in touch with me after she left her husband, and I was happy for her that she was finally happy, but our friendship was ruined by her complete lack of respect for me and the safety of my daughter, and I just couldn't get passed that part.

MsCarmen's photo
Tue 03/31/09 07:38 AM
I built a baby registry on the Walmart website for my new daughter coming in July, and it is so depressing knowing that just about everything I am needing, I had it all 10 years ago when my first daughter was born. But of course I gave it all to my sister when she was pregnant with her daughter, who then gave it all away to her best friend.

What's even worse, is everything I am going to buy will be given away again because I won't be having any more children after this.

I guess that's just the way it goes sometimes. ohwell

MsCarmen's photo
Tue 03/31/09 07:06 AM
I can't think of the name of it, but it's that movie where the couple got stranded in the ocean after scuba diving and they ended up being attacked by sharks and died, or so the story goes. That was a horrible movie. I fast-forwarded through just about the entire thing.

One of my favorite movies, (even though it wasn't very popular) was "Something the Lord Made. I thought it was a really good movie myself.

MsCarmen's photo
Tue 03/31/09 07:01 AM
It's working for me so far.

MsCarmen's photo
Tue 03/31/09 05:51 AM
Good morning Coco. flowerforyou Not doing to bad today. Hope it stays that way, lol.

MsCarmen's photo
Tue 03/31/09 05:49 AM

LOL

yeah I always get the cheaters... or the chicks that think "IT" is a chew toy and I end up with 13 stitches behind my zipper

OUCH! scared

MsCarmen's photo
Tue 03/31/09 05:40 AM
So what's everyone's grill of choice? I invested in a really nice charcoal grill. I used to have a gas grill, and although it was faster, the taste and quality is just not the same. What's funny is all my neighbors each has a gas grill, but they are always asking to borrow mine because they say it makes the food taste better, lol.

MsCarmen's photo
Sun 03/29/09 10:20 AM
Most likely no, only because, with the exception of my mother, the rest of my family is here.

I might consider moving to NC or TN but it would have to be right close to the VA border so I nor my family would have to travel far to see each other.

MsCarmen's photo
Sun 03/29/09 10:10 AM
If it was just you and her involved then I'd say whatever floats your boat. But there is a 3rd person involved who wants you be off limits (which I can understand) so with that in mind, I'd say let the ex go in all fairness to the 3rd person.

MsCarmen's photo
Sun 03/29/09 09:52 AM
No, I'm a big whiner and crybaby. sad

MsCarmen's photo
Sun 03/29/09 09:52 AM

In 1945, in an attepmt to find a cheap, durable substitute for rubber, scientists at a General Electric plant in New Haven, Connecticut, mixed boric acid with silicone oil, and accidentally created a completely different by-product.

The substance they created proved to be too soft to be used as a rubber substitute, but it bounced like a son-of-a-gun, could be stretched and pulled like taffy, shattered when hit with a hammer, and was able to lift photographs and illustrations from newspaper pages. No one thought it had any commercial potential, so the scientists took samples of it home for their kids to play with.

Later, these same scientists were goofing around with their invention at a c0cktail party when they were noticed by a businessman named Peter Hodgson, who was about to launch a mail-order catalog. He asked GE executives if he could advertise the stuff, and they gave him their blessing. It outsold everything in the catalog except crayons.

Hodgson bought gobs of the stuff from General Electric, called it Silly Putty, packaged it in a plastic egg that kept it from drying out, and enabled kids to stuff it into their pocket and carry it anywhere. It sold 32 million eggs in five years.

Now that was interesting!

MsCarmen's photo
Sun 03/29/09 09:49 AM
My life is just fine with the people who choose to like me as I am. As for those that don't, I really could care less about them.

MsCarmen's photo
Sun 03/29/09 09:26 AM

Whew, thought I was the only one thinking that something sounded off!

If money was not important, it would not have been mentioned. If it was not the reason you are staying, you wouldn't have said "but he can take me places that I can't afford to go myself".

If he is truly a terrible kisser and his body turns you off, I would second everyone else who said let him go so that he can find someone who does appreciate the package as a whole.

She doesn't think that deep. She would never let him go until it suits her. Don't you understand that the world revolves around her and her needs?

That was good!!laugh drinker drinker

MsCarmen's photo
Sun 03/29/09 08:31 AM

:smile: DON'T wait for the divorce GO FOR IT!! married women are great in bed Howard Hughes called them "Wet Decks" be seeing you

Oh yeah, that's real sound advice. noway

MsCarmen's photo
Sun 03/29/09 08:12 AM

karma is a mutha

You got that right! drinker

MsCarmen's photo
Sun 03/29/09 07:40 AM
I've made these using the butter and garlic flavored Pillsbury crescent rolls. They are really good plus you can freeze them for later use.

MsCarmen's photo
Sun 03/29/09 07:13 AM

Good morning OC. Hello and good morning Ms. Carmen and Babchi waving

Hi Meg and good morning to you too.

MsCarmen's photo
Sun 03/29/09 07:06 AM
I'm doing absolutely nothing and trying to come up with excuses to continue to be able to do absolutely nothing! :wink: bigsmile

MsCarmen's photo
Sun 03/29/09 06:35 AM
I used to eat eggs just about any way you could cook them. Then, for some unknown reason, I became allergic to them while pregnant with my daughter. Now I can't eat them at all. sad

MsCarmen's photo
Sun 03/29/09 06:22 AM
Sounds to me like if she waits around for this guy to make the first move, she's going to be waiting for a long time. What's the harm in her taking the first step and asking him out?

You already know that he is interested in you, so why not just strike up a conversation with him and during that conversation ask him out. The most he's going to say is no, and with the interest he's showing I see that as highly unlikely.

1 2 8 9 10 12 14 15 16 24 25