Community > Posts By > MsCarmen

MsCarmen's photo
Sat 01/15/11 09:57 PM
If all parties consented, then I don't think it could be considered cheating.

And if he left me for the third party, well let's just say I'd give him a really good farewell present! ;)

MsCarmen's photo
Sat 01/15/11 09:53 PM
If there's a real live dependable babysitter, then I don't care what we do. The last "romantic" date I went on was on February 14th, 2010 with a guy I'd known for several years as a friend and it was HORRIBLE! Not only did my children end up going because the babysitter bailed at the last minute, but I ended up paying for the ENTIRE dinner because he conveniently left his wallet at home by accident. He promised to pay me back but I haven't seen a dime since. Go figure, lol.

It was such a let down that I haven't gone out on a date since!

MsCarmen's photo
Sun 05/23/10 05:29 AM
Edited by MsCarmen on Sun 05/23/10 05:29 AM
Well my brother and his girlfriend finally left for their cruise to the Caribbean. They were supposed to leave yesterday and spend two days at my cousins house but she got sick so they left today instead.

But the biggest reason I'm excited is he going to propose to her. They've been together for 3 years and this will be his second wife. (He took his time and did it right this time around, lol.) What's funny is he planned the whole thing out. He got a loan to buy the ring, had the check sent to my house, put the money on my debit card so she wouldn't see the purchase, and then had the ring delivered to my house.

But the number one thing he forgot to do? Checking the ring size. He based it on a ring in her jewelry box which he never verified the size but just went by looks. So now he's 99% sure the ring will be too small. Bless his heart, he's a nervous wreck about it all cause he's worried she's going to be brokenhearted about it not fitting. I told him not to worry that she's going to be excited just by the proposal alone!

Now I just have to wait until they come back so I can hear all the details. I'm excited for the both of them!

MsCarmen's photo
Sun 05/23/10 05:17 AM
I started a garden with tomatoes, cucumbers, squash, green peppers, and pumpkins (for the kids). We had a couple of days of frost and I just about lost my tomato plants but now the whole garden is growing great. I go out and look at it every single morning. I can't wait to see how it produces!

MsCarmen's photo
Sat 05/22/10 09:25 AM

Its great!!! I have hooked up with some old lady high school freinds and my family is on it, especially my nephew in the Army!!! Most of my friends from here are on there and there is NO drama!!! Its awesume!!:banana: :banana:

I love the "no drama" part. My ex-husband is on there and he starts his crap every now and then but he forgets that everyone can see what he's wrote so gets called out all the time, lol.

MsCarmen's photo
Sat 05/22/10 07:40 AM

People keep finding me that for the life of me cannot remember.
One woman was like, hey! I sat 3 rows over 2 seats behind you in homeroom in 10th grade, remember me?
No offense, I have looked up people...but at my age it's more like how many people can get get on your friends list?
or 'Jill is watching the snow today' !!??!!!
'''my nails are flourescent pink this morning'''
I go on to see my great neices ( 1 and 4) grow up. I haven't got time to talk to people whom I barely remember t-p ing with one Halloween. Guess it's just not my thing. Know a couple of others who also are a little busier with life than facebooking.

Oh I know what you mean. I've got people on their that I'm pretty sure I went to school with but I can't remember for sure. And then I got this one woman on there that even though she's on all of my family's pages, I don't have a clue who she is. Every now and then she'll comment on something I've posted but I never say much in reply because I can't figure out who she is. Isn't that awful?

MsCarmen's photo
Sat 05/22/10 07:37 AM

flowerforyou Very nice story.

I have had family and friends that I haven't seen or talked to in years find me in facebook.

grumble My first ex-husband located me there too. Although I did not accept his friend request and my profile is private----he still can send messages.

I use facebook to add pictures of the kids so family and friends can all see them at once beings I don't live near any of my family.

I do that too. Except for my brother, all of my family lives far away. And I like the fact that you can choose who sees what pictures.

MsCarmen's photo
Sat 05/22/10 07:34 AM
Expecting too much? Probably. But according to my all-knowing brother, I hate men and try to sabatoge every relationship that I get in. Not sure how he came up with that theory. I will admit that if I see any signs at all that the relationship is heading south I end it as soon as possible. Why waste my time or his?

MsCarmen's photo
Sat 05/22/10 07:13 AM
Yes, there is a point and question to all this so if you don't want to read all of it just skip to the bottom.

Okay, everybody knows that Facebook is everywhere! Just about every site has a link to it.

Anyway, in the past I just basically used it to play games. Here recently though I've been able to find a lot of my family members that I'd lost touch with as well as friends.

But this past week I found two people on there that I was always hoping to find but never had the resources to find them. The first was my childhood best friend who not only saved my life but changed my life forever. If it wasn't for her and her courage I would not be here today.

The second was my very first love when I was 13 years old. I typed in his name and with only one person coming up I took a shot in the dark and it turned out to be him. We were never "officially" dating but he did give me my very first real kiss. What's even more amazing is I found out that not only was he in love with me (I coudn't tell because he was always hanging out with my brothers and cousins and pretty much ignoring me) but the day I told him that we were moving away clear across the U.S., he went and cried his eyes out to his Mom and Dad just like I did. And here I thought he didn't really care two cents about me, lol. Anyway, we've talked a couple of times and brought up a lot of great memories and bad ones too (like having my heart shattered in a million pieces when we had to leave)but that's about it.

So my question is, have you been able to find anyone you've always thought about getting in touch with on Facebook or any other site?

MsCarmen's photo
Sat 05/15/10 07:15 PM
I'm here because this is the first chance I've been able to get online in almost a year! Not staying on long though. Been a very long day with a baby that is teething severely!

Oh, in case anyone is wondering, yes I had the baby and she is doing great. She just turned 10 months old yesterday (see, I told you it's been a while) and even though we had some rough times in the beginning, things are starting to get a lot better. I will post a pic of her hopefully tomorrow.

Talk to you all soon.

MsCarmen's photo
Mon 05/11/09 07:32 PM

shocked shocked shocked

oops Somebody's been busted! oops :laughing:

MsCarmen's photo
Mon 05/11/09 07:21 PM
Make your life a priority, not your job.flowerforyou

MsCarmen's photo
Mon 05/11/09 07:15 PM
I'm all for equal amounts of support if both parents share the child. But what about all the parents who are doing it with full custody? And I'm not talking about the parent who got full custody out of spite, I'm talking about the parent who has full custody because the other parent doesn't want to have anything to do with the child.

When my daughter's father was alive, he was ordered to pay $113/month in support, plus carry her on his insurance. I got the support maybe 3 times a year at best and received insurance for her once in her entire lifetime. Trust me, if I had to write up an itemized report on how I spent that support money, it would be very short cause you can only stretch it so far. But I'd be willing to write up that report, but I'd also include all the other expenses I had to put out each month for my daughter that he DIDN'T have to pay for and that was put all on me. Trust me, if it was done that way, there would be a lot more child support being ordered to those parents who get away with only paying a couple of bucks a month.

MsCarmen's photo
Tue 05/05/09 09:32 PM
Why base what you do in life on their morals and values.

As the saying goes...

"To thine own self be true!"

MsCarmen's photo
Tue 05/05/09 09:11 PM
Yes it does.

MsCarmen's photo
Tue 05/05/09 03:00 PM
That was very sweet! flowerforyou

MsCarmen's photo
Tue 05/05/09 11:39 AM
It was awesome! The only thing different on this site is you now have more options, drinker and a lot of the original members have moved on. sad

MsCarmen's photo
Tue 05/05/09 11:12 AM
Don't know who it is, but you can tell they've done hard labor with their hands by the callouses on them.

MsCarmen's photo
Tue 05/05/09 11:08 AM
I can't stand loud music! ohwell

MsCarmen's photo
Tue 05/05/09 11:05 AM
Wow, what a major loss. My condolences to his family. I'm sure they are grieving terribly. flowerforyou flowerforyou

Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 24 25