Community > Posts By > MsCarmen

MsCarmen's photo
Fri 04/24/09 05:19 AM
Happy Friday! I'm excited. I'm off today and it is supposed to be in the 80's today. Woohoo!!!!:banana: :banana: :banana:

MsCarmen's photo
Thu 04/23/09 10:29 AM

your kid your rules.................unfortunately the law trumps your opinion right or wrong.

Wanna make a bet?

MsCarmen's photo
Thu 04/23/09 10:26 AM

You mean I am not the only one to do that?laugh
laugh drinker

MsCarmen's photo
Thu 04/23/09 10:16 AM

I have been tempted a time or two. But, I have seen a couple that really nasty. So, I stay away from those.

I have too, but I have always stuck to my rule about no dating co-workers. Just not worth the hassle!

But then again, we've all done a big oops in our lives at some point in time that after it's all said and done we say : WHAT WAS I THINKING?!!noway slaphead

MsCarmen's photo
Thu 04/23/09 10:11 AM

Until my kid goes out, gets a job, and pays for the phone bill and the rent (which allows her to live in my home so she can use that phone), I'll be listening in on any private conversations that go on while my daughter is using the phone, and I don't give sh!t what anyone else has to say about it!

Then you go to jail, or at very least get charged and pay the fine, etc. That's the whole point of the story.

Most people (parents) have the same views that it is BS. However, the law didn't care and they arrested her and charged her.

Not to mention that every time something like this happens it just empowers the kid(s) even more to misbehave or to get the mindset that they can get away with crap.

Oh well. My house, my rules. My kid, my rules!

MsCarmen's photo
Thu 04/23/09 09:52 AM
You know, it must be a nationwide thing because I've yet to hear of anyone having a good experience at the DMV or at least run in to an employee that wasn't rude and/or obnoxious.

MsCarmen's photo
Thu 04/23/09 09:45 AM

BTW, the law extends to areas not just medical. A recent occurrence in WA prompted the current law to be *looked at*. LOL, I have no faith that it will be rectified though. Want to be outraged? Read this:

A mother of a mid-teenage girl listened in on her phone conversation (in the mom's house). The girl was talking to her loser boyfriend. The BF was talking about a crime he just committed (breaking and entering).

The mom called the police. It was found that the BF did commit the crime. THEN the police charged the mom for listening in on the private conversation! I kid you not, they charged her.

So yeah, the law governing the privacy rights of children is ridiculous. At least it is here in WA.

So I guess if the Mother overheard a private conversation between her daughter and a guy she met online who turned out to be a pedophile and reported it, then they'd excuse it and call the Mother a hero?

Until my kid goes out, gets a job, and pays for the phone bill and the rent (which allows her to live in my home so she can use that phone), I'll be listening in on any private conversations that go on while my daughter is using the phone, and I don't give sh!t what anyone else has to say about it!

MsCarmen's photo
Thu 04/23/09 07:28 AM

Ironically, they'll withhold information such as the results of a drug test, yet turn around and blame "bad parenting" should the child do something against the law.

Go figure! slaphead

MsCarmen's photo
Thu 04/23/09 07:27 AM

would be my wife, but I don't own her

she allows me to hang aroundlaugh laugh

She made you say that, didn't she? laugh
laugh

MsCarmen's photo
Thu 04/23/09 07:24 AM

does anyone else find the irony of somebody called poison posting in a cooking tip thread?

Who are you talking about? POLSON? If you are, you might want to go back and check the spelling. The third letter in the name is a lowercase L.

oops offtopic

Okay, back to the topic at hand, lol. flowers

MsCarmen's photo
Thu 04/23/09 07:20 AM
I just don't understand why some people have a hard time understanding that there are couples who have broken up and can actually be mature adults and remain friends with out the romantic feelings being involved.

And it almost sounds to me like he was thinking along the lines that he didn't want to break your heart by telling you that news and by you reacting the way you did, he was like, "What? It didn't break your heart? I DON'T GET IT!" So much for maturity, lol.! slaphead

MsCarmen's photo
Thu 04/23/09 07:12 AM

It could be a pat on some other body part....

Hey, don't remind me. I've got everybody and their brother wanting to rub my belly. frustrated It's okay with some of the people, but with the ones I don't want doing it, I usually just say I'm not feeling well.

MsCarmen's photo
Thu 04/23/09 07:07 AM
I agree totally with all of you. As a matter of fact, the father was quoted saying

“Our children belong to us,” Daugherty said as he questioned the doctor’s rationale for refusing to release the test results. “The only rights my son have is what I give him.”

And I understand, to a point, about not giving up information in potential child abuse or neglect cases in which doctors think releasing the medical information would end up hurting the child.

But then another person who is for the right to privacy wants to argue the fact that "many young people may not feel comfortable talking about their medical condition with their parents, especially when it came to topics like sex or reproductive health. As a result, she said the bill could discourage them from getting medical attention."

But I'm thinking, "What gives you the right, to withhold that kind of life-altering information from me as the parent?" So if my daughter becomes pregnant or contracts an STD, I have to hope and pray that she'll come to me and tell me and if she doesn't I'm left in the dark? I'm sorry, but regardless of how good or bad the news may be, I have a right to know so I can be aware of my child's condition.

MsCarmen's photo
Thu 04/23/09 06:51 AM
I have this problem with a coworker. He is an older gentleman and is very kind, and I like to carry on conversations with him, (he talks to everyone), but every now and then when he sees me, he'll come and put his hand on my shoulder. It does make me feel a little uneasy sometimes, but I don't want to make a mountain out of a molehill and get him in trouble so I haven't said anything about it. What makes it more difficult is he is disabled and somewhat mentally challenged. So I'm kind of torn between letting it go to avoid an uncomfortable situation, or saying something just so it will stop altogether.

MsCarmen's photo
Thu 04/23/09 06:42 AM
This was an article that was in one of my local newspapers.

http://www.tricities.com/tri/news/local/article/parents_rights_or_kids/23198/

It basically states that the father took his son to the doctor’s office two months ago because the 13-year-old was having problems with some medications he was taking. The doctors asked if they could perform a drug test, because they wanted to see if the teen might be taking any illegal drugs that could have an adverse effect on the medication.

The father then asked to see the results of the drug test, but the doctor wouldn’t allow him to, saying it would interfere with his son’s right to privacy.

The doctors would only release the information if they got permission directly from his son. The doctor’s office called the house twice to try to get that permission, but both times the father said he refused to let them talk to his son.

I always thought that when you took your child to the Doctor's office, you were entitled to all information regarding your child's medical history. I'm wondering when did that change, and does it apply to all states?

Also too, if the Doctor is so concerned about the child's right to privacy, what right does he/she have to tell the parent about any medical information concerning the child? Wouldn't that give the child grounds for a lawsuit for breach of confidentiality? I know that question sounds crazy, especially if it was a life or death medical condition, but it does open up a "new can of worms" so to speak.

I am siding with the Father on this issue. When I take my child to seek medical attention, I feel that I am entitled to know every detail, good or bad, that is involved with diagnosing their medical condition as well as any medical history that office has obtained about my child. I believe that is my right as the parent, and no one should be able to prevent me from having that information.

What do you think?

MsCarmen's photo
Tue 04/21/09 08:11 PM
Just because you hate a person's actions, doesn't mean that you hate that person. I was raised from biblical terms that homosexuality is wrong. Does that mean I hate homosexuals? No, just means I am against the act itself. But you know what? To each his/her own. If that's how you want to live your life, and you are happy with your decision, then so be it. Who am I to dictate how you should live?

I have a general rule that applies to everyone. You can live and do whatever you want with your life, I really don't care. But if and when your decisions on how you want to live your life start to effect my life, then that's when I get involved and either put a stop to it, or cut all ties with that person altogether.

MsCarmen's photo
Tue 04/21/09 08:03 PM
I keep having this horrible nightmare that something tragic is going to happen when I have my C-section. So can you tell me if everything is going to work out alright?

MsCarmen's photo
Mon 04/20/09 08:42 PM
I'd be thinking, "Somebody better have me a way to get back down there!"

MsCarmen's photo
Mon 04/20/09 08:29 PM

You don't. It's all a crap-shoot.

Exactly. And there are no guarantees in life. So, just because you may think you found "the one" at the time, later on you just might find out you found "the one you need to get rid of!"

MsCarmen's photo
Sun 04/19/09 09:49 PM
I have been divorced 16 years as of April 17th. So I think I've worn that stress reliever out, lol.

1 2 4 6 7 8 9 24 25