Community > Posts By > MsCarmen

MsCarmen's photo
Fri 04/17/09 06:17 AM

Damn Keith, I didn't realize you were that hot!!! shocked drool drool

MsCarmen's photo
Fri 04/17/09 06:08 AM
My brother told me about a video chat website called ooVoo.com. I downloaded it, but I have still yet to use it. They say it's pretty good though.

MsCarmen's photo
Fri 04/17/09 06:04 AM
Did you recently block anyone? If you did, it could be that person trying to send you an email. The only way to retrieve it would be to unblock the person, open the email(s) and then block them again.

If that's not the case, then most likely it is a bug that others have had an issue with. Only Administration can fix it.

MsCarmen's photo
Fri 04/17/09 05:48 AM
Ewww, I hate that word

ENABLER

I didn't think of it that way, but I suppose by allowing this to go on, that's exactly what I'm doing.

I'm usually not one to be that way. My brother is typically a responsible guy. And I was actually shocked to find out that he hadn't paid the back taxes, cause he's really good about keeping up with his bills.

Okay, I guess it's either sh!t or get off the pot, as they say. So I'm just going to come right out and ask for the money.

MsCarmen's photo
Fri 04/17/09 05:38 AM
I know you guys are right. I just hate coming right out and asking for the money, even though I'm entitled to it.

And you are right Sherry. I don't have a set schedule for work so my days are always different, so I have to always plan ahead.

Unfortunately, SOME guys are very disorganized when it comes to being a single parent, and my brother is definitely one of them! God bless him cause he is a great Dad, but he's been doing this for going on 3 years now and still can't get it together. frustrated

I guess, if I really want to get the money back, I'm just going to have to grit my teeth and just ask him for it. I hate doing it, but it's probably the only way to go.

MsCarmen's photo
Fri 04/17/09 05:14 AM
I went to get my brother's County sticker for his car a couple of weeks ago. He works third shift and sleeps during the day so I was trying to help him out.

The sticker was only supposed to cost $15 but because he hasn't paid his property taxes on the car IN TWO YEARS!, I ended up having to pay an extra $112 to get the sticker. That was a shocker to say the least.

I paid it because I knew he would pay me back. That was almost 4 weeks ago. I've been giving him subtle hints to remind him about it, cause he's forgetful sometimes (third shift will do that to you) but he hasn't said a word about it. That extra money was supposed to go towards getting stuff that I need for the baby, and even though she won't be here 'til July, I really don't want to have to wait that long.

I'm just so frustrated right now, cause I really don't want to have to come right out and say "Where's the money at?". And he's not dodging me cause he's got the money, it's just that he stays so tired between working and taking care of his 6 six year old son then he gets sidetracked about everything else.

I love my brother and I don't want to be mean about it, but I really just don't know of any other way to remind him about the money. Like they say, "You lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink". I guess my only option right now is to wait it out. ohwell

MsCarmen's photo
Fri 04/17/09 04:56 AM
This is just my opinion, and you asked for it, so here it goes.

The first two are horrible, can't even figure out what your main pic is. The rest I guess are okay.

MsCarmen's photo
Thu 04/16/09 09:16 PM
He's hanging out on FaceBook. I think he's addicted to it. laugh

MsCarmen's photo
Thu 04/16/09 09:09 PM
Good for you! That's the way it should be...IMO

MsCarmen's photo
Thu 04/16/09 09:26 AM
I'm a complete idiot when it comes to getting my car repaired so most of the time I get someone to go with me who knows a little about the situation so I don't get screwed over.

Unfortunately, this last time I went by myself to get my tires rotated and ended up coming out with no tires rotated but with an oil change instead. I a$$umed that with something that simple everything would go okay. I guess that's what I get for a$$uming! slaphead

MsCarmen's photo
Thu 04/16/09 09:16 AM

The only advice I have as to whether you're ready for a baby is to ask yourself whether you are willing to give up any semblance of your own life and completely sacrifice it (as well as your sanity and ALL your money) to someone who will completely and totally depend on you for years? If the answer is yes, think about it again. Your life will never be your own, not completely. If you're ok with that, and also with the possibility of doing it completely on your own (cause you never know), then go for it.

And btw, the above isn't nearly as bad as it sounds. It's frustrating, expensive, stressful blah blah blah but there are moments when it's the most joyful thing ever and makes all the rest worth it, if you're ready.

And p.s., you will never have enough money so as long as you can support both yourself and a baby somewhat comfortably and provide the basics of life, that's all that really matters. The rest is just icing flowerforyou

I agree completely! I didn't want anymore kids after Heidi, but life just has a way of changing your plans when you least expect it. And if it happens, it happens, if don't it don't. And to tell you the truth, no matter what any of us tells you about having kids, the stress and pressures, the costs, any of that, it still will never prepare you for what you will be in store for.

And trust me, I am stressing out big time about everything I have to get for this new baby. But for some reason, when I start to get really overwhelmed with those thoughts, the vision of holding her in my arms when she is born pops into my head, and makes me think, everything is going to be alright and work out one way or another.

MsCarmen's photo
Thu 04/16/09 07:09 AM

Avoiding them is the only way to go...or bluntly tell them it's none of their business

That's really your best bet. Most people that meddle in other people's affairs don't have much of a life so get involved with other people's lives just so they have something to do. Pretty pathetic if you ask me.

I've had to deal with that in the past and for the most part I just kept to myself and let them think whatever they wanted to think about me. Cause when it comes down to it, only you know what's really going on and that's all that matters.

MsCarmen's photo
Thu 04/16/09 07:01 AM
Unless things have changed, you can't delete yourself from someone else's favorites.

But don't take it too personally. Most people just add someone as a favorite so they can bookmark the profile and go back to review it w/out having to search for it again. Think of it as a compliment. Apparently they think you are worthy of a second look! flowerforyou

MsCarmen's photo
Thu 04/16/09 05:09 AM

I can send you a sex video starring me! Everyone else that has watched it has fallen asleep! grumble

Oh, that's bad MBD! surprised

Hey, can I borrow it? :tongue: laugh

MsCarmen's photo
Wed 04/15/09 07:28 PM
Well, get used to it, cause there's plenty more where that came from. laugh

MsCarmen's photo
Wed 04/15/09 04:06 PM
Damn, real life sux!!!! :angry:

MsCarmen's photo
Wed 04/15/09 04:04 PM
Would love too, but I don't think either my boss or my kid would like that very much. ohwell Nice thought though! flowerforyou

MsCarmen's photo
Wed 04/15/09 04:02 PM
I'll stick to just my face pic for now. I really don't think anyone wants to see me with my big belly sticking out right now! ill

You'll just have to wait until the baby's born, or maybe even several months after that! sad

MsCarmen's photo
Tue 04/14/09 07:18 PM
I got pregnant from joining Mingle! :angel: oops Not many people here can say that! :wink: laugh

MsCarmen's photo
Mon 04/13/09 08:57 PM

I find it ironic that in your profile you state,

I hate drama, especially drama with exs

but yet here you are stirring it all up with your ex.

Now MsCarmen, you aren't actually thinking that people who state they hate drama truly mean that, do you?

laugh

(yes, that was completely tongue in cheek, lol)
slaphead What was I thinking? laugh laugh laugh

1 2 3 4 5 7 9 10 11 24 25