Community > Posts By > MsCarmen

MsCarmen's photo
Sun 04/12/09 08:33 PM
I took my daughter to go see the new Hannah Montana movie. shocked

We went to the Matinee and it was great. There were only about 10 people there in the entire theater.

And, believe it or not, the movie wasn't that bad. It was actually pretty decent. I cried through some parts, (sorry but my hormones are really getting the best of me now)and laughed at others, and I even caught myself singing to some of the songs! noway

She jammed out to the movie soundtrack all the way home playing some songs over and over again, and then she ended the evening by reading the book to the movie that I got her for Easter.

All in all, it was a pretty good Easter date with my daughter!:banana:

MsCarmen's photo
Sun 04/12/09 08:15 PM
I don't know about other states (although I'm sure the policies are pretty much the same), but here in Virginia if you are working around food, (whether directly or indirectly), you are required to wear hair nets, beard nets, gloves, etc. because of the Health regulations. They are pretty strict and most companies demand their employers to adhere to those policies so the company won't get penalized.

But seriously, if you were wanting to buy some deli meat from that same Walmart as stated by the OP, would you really want to risk getting meat that had remnants of beard hair in it just because they didn't want to follow policy?

I wouldn't. And I don't mean to sound like a prude, but if they aren't following proper policy and procedures when it comes to handling my food, I don't want it!

MsCarmen's photo
Sun 04/12/09 07:59 PM
So sorry to hear of your loss Mitch. My condolences to you and your family.

MsCarmen's photo
Sun 04/12/09 07:54 PM
Smacking their lips when they chew their food, or talking on a cell phone. It's a tie between the two.

MsCarmen's photo
Sun 04/12/09 10:27 AM

Because. smile2

Well, damn Keith. And here I thought there was going to be some long drawn out explanation and the answer was so simple! slaphead :tongue: laugh

MsCarmen's photo
Sun 04/12/09 10:21 AM
Why, when a thread is flipped, does it always have these two links

< continued from this topic >
< part one of this topic is here >

included on the first page, when only one of the links works? This one

< part one of this topic is here >

when clicked on, just says topic not found. So what's the point of having that one on there?

MsCarmen's photo
Sun 04/12/09 07:33 AM

Eye contact? I would just be staring at your boobs anyway so, the shades are irrelevant.

With or without the sunglasses, we already had that part figured out. :tongue: laugh

MsCarmen's photo
Sat 04/11/09 08:12 AM
How To Use Forum Etiquette

Read the forum rules. Even if you're excited to be a member of a new forum and can't wait to join in, take the time to find the group policy page and read it thoroughly. Some forums are fussier than others about Internet etiquette.

Lurk a little before you dive right in. Read a number of posts, or check out the group's archives. Get a feel for the tone of the forum so you can participate accordingly.

Remember your face doesn't show. Words alone can convey sentiment, but without benefit of inflection or facial expression, they can be misconstrued. Use descriptive wording or emoticons to ensure your meaning is clear. By the same token, don't jump to conclusions about another person's intent in posting an unclear comment. When in doubt, ask for clarification.

Type in lowercase or standard case, not in all caps. By the rules of netiquette, all caps equates to shouting. If you type with all caps, you will annoy and possibly offend other forum members.

Say online exactly what you would say in person. In other words, if you wouldn't say it to the person's face in front of your Grandmother, you shouldn't type it into a forum.

Be respectful. Internet etiquette is similar to standard etiquette in this area. Appreciate that your opinion is one of many. You can disagree with another person without being disrespectful or rude online.

Ignore Trolls. Netiquette guidelines are very specific where they're concerned. If you engage in conversation, you'll raise your blood pressure and empower the Troll. You can't win a flame war, and you can't sway a Troll's opinion. Often, they don't even care about the subject; they live for the conflict and nothing more. Trolls are common and not worthy of your time. Ignore their posts—no matter how inflammatory—and eventually they'll get bored and move on.

MsCarmen's photo
Fri 04/10/09 07:12 AM

I never had my first kiss, every crush ends in bad relationships or restraining orders.

surprised

Okay, remind me not to go out with you! scared

MsCarmen's photo
Fri 04/10/09 07:03 AM
Congrats to the both of you. flowerforyou

MsCarmen's photo
Thu 04/09/09 10:25 AM

It puzzles me how so many people think "Give me your opinion" and "Agree with me" mean the same thing.

You mean they don't mean the same thing??? noway slaphead

:tongue: laugh laugh laugh

MsCarmen's photo
Thu 04/09/09 07:26 AM
If you are okay with it, what's it matter what anyone else thinks? :smile:

MsCarmen's photo
Thu 04/09/09 04:51 AM
Past experience has taught me not to ask questions that would leave me wide open for criticism. :wink:

MsCarmen's photo
Wed 04/08/09 08:19 PM
To each his/her own I guess!

MsCarmen's photo
Wed 04/08/09 07:57 PM

MsCarmen's photo
Wed 04/08/09 03:06 PM
To my daughter Heidi, and to my new (coming soon) daughter Hannah

Martina McBride - In My Daughter's Eyes

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eLS0Y40WwlA

MsCarmen's photo
Wed 04/08/09 02:30 PM
I don't wear makeup but I have lots of it around my house from where my Mom sells Avon and sends it to me all the time. Yesterday morning, I didn't notice how my daughter looked cause we were in a hurry from running late. When I pulled up in front of the school and leaned over to give her a kiss goodbye, she had big brownish-orange blotches all over her face. I told her about it so she could wash her face before everyone saw it. When I got home, there sitting on the bathroom counter was my concealer. Apparently she mistook it for foundation, which she doesn't even know how to use, and smeared it all over her face. Needless to say, she won't be making that mistake again. laugh

MsCarmen's photo
Wed 04/08/09 02:23 PM
Even though I wasn't born until the 70's, my favorite is the 50's and 60's music. There's just something about that time period that makes it seem like life was simple and fun.

MsCarmen's photo
Wed 04/08/09 02:20 PM
I cry all the time now.
Damn pregnancy hormones! frustrated

I did have a well deserved cry earlier today. I got home from work, and waiting for me was the bassinet that I gave to my sister after I used it for my daughter almost 11 years ago. Now I get to put my new daughter in it. It's really starting to sink in that I'm going to have another baby here soon.

MsCarmen's photo
Tue 04/07/09 08:36 PM
:angry: :tongue:

1 2 5 6 7 9 11 12 13 24 25