Community > Posts By > 1Cynderella

1Cynderella's photo
Sat 08/10/13 06:24 PM
Love does NOT conquer all.

You don't stop loving someone because they want something different in life than you do.

Sometimes caring for someone means letting them go have the life they deserve, but you just can't share with them.

Be happy for the time you had together and thankful that he wants you to have the life you desire.

flowerforyou

1Cynderella's photo
Sat 08/10/13 05:33 PM
I came up with a litmus test when I first joined Mingle. You are welcome to use it if you like. happy

It goes something like this....

1. I think of myself as a good and honest person.

2. I am on the internet.

3. I have not exploded yet.

Conclusion: It IS possible for good and honest people to be on the internet.

1Cynderella's photo
Sat 08/10/13 05:22 PM
Edited by 1Cynderella on Sat 08/10/13 05:23 PM
I don't believe strip clubs destroy marriages anymore than I believe guns kill people.

People kill people and people destroy marriages.

It's what they do. ohwell

1Cynderella's photo
Sat 08/10/13 05:17 PM
I would love to end up with a man who has some similar qualities of a man I once knew.

But I'm not sure that's a benchmark exactly, because it's not as though I compare other men to him and want them to be just like him or anything. That would seem a little creepy to me actually. scared

1Cynderella's photo
Sat 08/10/13 03:14 PM

Hello, how serious are you?
Careful now. If you say that you're fat, you're not being very honest. laugh

1Cynderella's photo
Sat 08/10/13 01:19 PM
When I was 32, I went on a few dates with a guy a friend set me up with. The 4th and last date we had was supposed to be a relaxing roll down the river in a canoe with a picnic basket on a beautiful summer morning.

What ACTUALLY happened...he meets me 45 minutes late at the drop point half hung over and half drunk from an obviously wild night of partying. He threw up three times bumping up the road in the golf cart that took us to the canoe rental hut, passed out on a bench for an hour once there, putting us in the water around 11 am. Yes, he still insisted on going. From the first run of ripples, he was green for the next two hours and spent most of his time bent over the boat, while I rowed alone.

Just before 1 pm, we decided to bank for lunch. Getting out, he tipped the canoe and the lunch pack fell out and floated down the river too fast to catch. We decided to rest a bit anyway, but he fell asleep for another hour under a tree. It's after 2pm and the day is getting really hot. I just want to get him to his car at this point.

At least he's rowing now, so we made pretty good time. We get back to the car park around 3:30, but no one is there. The sign says if there is no attendant to call on the courtesy phone...which had been yanked off it's hook. By now we are both so hungry and we're both out of water, so we decide to just go. He fishes in his pocket to discover his keys are missing. He looks in his locked car to find them on the dashboard.

It's 2.5 miles to the hut and nearest phone. We made it about 1/2 mile from the hut before a golf cart collected us and helped him jimmy his car opened.

Now, I could have just played this date off as a bad turn of events and even felt sorry for his condition...had he not whined like a spoiled child the entire, hungry, thirsty, steaming hot walk back to the hut. OMG...what a baby! grumble

1Cynderella's photo
Sat 08/10/13 12:40 PM

Only one purse?????????Only a few cosmetics ? Only one suitcase of clothes.
That's just cruel and unusual punishment laugh laugh

I was not aware my life was so miserable...I've been living out of one suitcase for most of my life. :laughing:

No...of course its not.flowerforyou

But I am not above making compromises for love.
If I can keep my purses, cosmetics and clothes, I will give up cooking ,cleaning ,and laundrybigsmile

I'm just kidding you Betty. :wink: Well, not about living out of a suitcase...that's actually too true. flowerforyou

But I think if I were used to having a lot of comforts and convenience with me, I would consider it harder to give up what I had grown accustomed to. You can't miss what you don't know. :thumbsup:

1Cynderella's photo
Sat 08/10/13 12:24 PM
To keep it short and sweet, just nasty attitudes in general are not exactly a turn on for me. ohwell

1Cynderella's photo
Sat 08/10/13 11:59 AM

I bring honesty, compassion, understanding, pitching in to help with household chores (washing dishes together can be fun) and my heart. I feel lucky to have Jo, and I want to make her feel special.

Awww....there's something special about time spent in the kitchen together isn't there? I love to cook with my sweetheart...when I have one. I mean a sweetheart...I have a kitchen. :thumbsup:

1Cynderella's photo
Sat 08/10/13 11:57 AM

1)16 dog eared trading cards
2)3/4 of a pack of juicy fruit gum
3)2 pixie sticks
4)1 new comb (free of vermin)
5)2 atomic red hot fire balls
6)1 railroad car flattened quater
-well that's it for now.:tongue:

Wait a minute! Is that the same gum you've washed and dried in your jeans pocket....twice? sick

I'm afraid that lowers the bar considerably. And you really looked like a keeper for a minute there. slaphead

1Cynderella's photo
Sat 08/10/13 11:51 AM

I bring kindness and understanding and boundaries (not the doormat type of understanding). I bring space, willing ears and supportive attitude, love of trying new things, true friendship and acceptance....with the expectation that there will be enough room for my shoes, cosmetics and clothes

oh, I also usually know how to fix stuff :)

So, you would leave him for having a small...

...closet? tongue2

indeed

If you really cared about him, I have faith that you'd figure out how to fix that. I'm told you usually know how to fix stuff. :thumbsup: :laughing:

buy a bigger closet for him for his birthday? that's the female version of him buying me a new vacuum cleaner because he likes a clean house....whoa rofl

Are you sure it's got nothing to do with your habit of vacuuming in nothing but a low cut t-shirt and lacy panties? slaphead rofl

1Cynderella's photo
Sat 08/10/13 11:39 AM

Boys will be boys. Toys are just that, toys. A loving relationship should be forever.

I would also give up my boy toy for a good relationship. oops offtopic rofl
rofl rofl rofl

not sure that I would:angel: rofl

So, you'll be inviting him to join you and your boyfriend in the bedroom, or just see him on your boyfriend's night out with the guys? surprised :laughing:

1Cynderella's photo
Sat 08/10/13 11:38 AM

Could you give up your boy toys for the good of your relationship?

Could you give up your motorcycle, boat, or man cave or comparable items.

Would you walk away, or sacrifice and stay?

Would it matter if it were an established relationship or someone new who you really cared for?

This is a conspiracy to get guys to part with their things because women don't like guys to have them, they come up with ways to get you to part with them. You must have heard the words, "You think more of that ********** than you do of me!" Sorry and all that, but unless it is a question of life or death it isn't going to happen. noway

You can have the girlfriend/wife, all you need to do is take over the payments. laugh

Looking back....I actually may have liked my last boyfriends speed boat a little more than him. AND he was really pretty awesome. :laughing:

1Cynderella's photo
Sat 08/10/13 11:33 AM

Only one purse?????????Only a few cosmetics ? Only one suitcase of clothes.
That's just cruel and unusual punishment laugh laugh

I was not aware my life was so miserable...I've been living out of one suitcase for most of my life. :laughing:

1Cynderella's photo
Sat 08/10/13 11:29 AM
Edited by 1Cynderella on Sat 08/10/13 11:30 AM

Nope; I wouldn't give up a damn thing for a relationship. It sounds like a control issue to me and I would end up resenting a guy asking me to do that.

I wasn't as clear as I should have been. "For the good of the relationship" was supposed to mean due to some circumstance...not because he just wants you to. I hadn't thought about that at all, cause I don't see why a guy would ask you to ditch your stuff....but suppose it happens by not only yours, but reactions I got in my similar thread for the fellas. flowerforyou

1Cynderella's photo
Fri 08/09/13 10:33 PM

But....different stuff makes different women happy.

I like happy women.

Let em keep their stuff.

The last thing I would want is a woman resenting me over something as trivial as stuff.

:)

That's very true. I don't actually DO "stuff" myself. If you plan to make me to shop, you'd better bring the hard liquor. drinks

1Cynderella's photo
Fri 08/09/13 10:25 PM

Sure....I would sacrifice for the good thing I got.

These days...it is no longer about me...it is about we.

flowerforyou

I have another thread asking the gals if they'd give up their "stuff" too.

I'm getting more responses here though. Curious, that. what

1Cynderella's photo
Fri 08/09/13 10:23 PM

Could you give up your boy toys for the good of your relationship?

Could you give up your motorcycle, boat, or man cave or comparable items.

Would you walk away, or sacrifice and stay?

Would it matter if it were an established relationship or someone new who you really cared for?

huh Boy toys? What boy toys?

You've never heard of motorcycles and boats and sports cars referred to as boys toys before?

In Kansas City we have boys toys conventions. I suppose one day someone will sue. laugh

1Cynderella's photo
Fri 08/09/13 10:20 PM

A circumcision would be extreme, and a hardship at my age.
<<<nearly faints at the thought.

Whoa there! Let's not get THAT extreme. surprised

Anyway, I said boy toys. When you're in a relationship...that one's not YOUR toy!
Is that a discreet way of saying I should quit playing with it?

rofl

Only if you're taking it away from her to play by yourself. surprised rofl

1Cynderella's photo
Fri 08/09/13 10:14 PM
Edited by 1Cynderella on Fri 08/09/13 10:16 PM

Well...this is easy.

Since I don't really care about guy toys....cars ,bikes,guns,etc....it wouldn't bother me.

What would bother me...would be a woman having the gall to ask me to give up something I like.

That...I would construe as jealous insecurity.

Everyone should get to retain some of their individuality.

Sure there needs to be compromises...time together and time to still be your own person.

If I was flat out told...."I don't want you to (fill in the blank)"

I would be disappointed.

Yeah....my bad.

I should have clarified the point better. oops

By "for the good of your relationship" I meant that it's a good relationship but going through a hardship of some sort.

No one is making any demands. It would be your own choice to give something up for the sake of the relationship....to be able to stay together.

1 2 6 7 8 10 12 13 14 24 25