Community > Posts By > heavenlyboy34

heavenlyboy34's photo
Fri 05/24/13 11:35 PM
single and hoping for a quality relationship someday...frustrated

heavenlyboy34's photo
Fri 05/24/13 10:49 PM
Wow, I'm disappointed at the ignorance in this thread. The biblical canon by itself is difficult and rather opaque. (In fact, the English translations mask the wordplay and general feeling because of the vast differences between the languages) To understand the texts, one has to read the church fathers' (both Orthodox and Catholic) writings. I am an Augustine fan myself (despite being Russian Orthodox), though I don't agree with his doctrine of predestination.

heavenlyboy34's photo
Sat 05/18/13 09:30 PM

That Jesus is coming back?

If so when and what exactly will happen then?

Matthew 24:36-
"But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only."

It's not for us to know.

heavenlyboy34's photo
Sun 05/12/13 10:06 PM
Sweet and cute.

heavenlyboy34's photo
Sun 05/12/13 09:30 AM

I'm not sure what's going on but I keep attracting the wrong men...Are there any Good Honest Loyal Men left.. .or are they all spoken for....
In the Friend Zone where you left them. :wink: laugh

heavenlyboy34's photo
Sat 05/11/13 10:37 AM

Anybody else a big fan of Karl Marx? I don't mean to refer to his thoughts on Communism (which the educated reader knows is a phrase he only uses sparingly throughout his career.. seriously people stop associating Marx with Russian / Cuban Communism and Stalin / Castro, they're completely different), but rather his infamous critique on Capitalism in Das Kapital and other writings.

To me, Karl Marx's analysis is one of the best explanations for how the world actually works; capitalism, a system of exchange, entrepreneurship, and exploitation (you can't have a capitalistic mode of production without a increasingly exploitative relationship between haves and have-nots)extends far beyond the realm of finance and economy into the very manner in which we interact with people, or, going further, even the way we conceptualize history and the world (one of the reasons why we can't see a reality outside of a capitalistic one).

Anywho, any thoughts or other Marx fans out there? It's been too long since I've had some intellectual conversation about how the world works lol

Rothbard proved Marx incorrect. http://mises.org/daily/6255/Marx-as-Utopian
As did Mises https://mises.org/efandi/ch26.asp
and a number of others. Aside from these numerous refutations of Marxian theory, every attempt to practice Marxian theory has resulted in mass human suffering and misery. This is most obvious in the USSR, but is found everywhere else Marxist doctrine/theory is put into practice.

heavenlyboy34's photo
Sat 04/27/13 04:18 PM

With my belief all I need is ONE book! I can say "God did it" and have almost no holes.

I agree with most of what you said, but this ^^ is hopelessly flawed. The biblical canon is only part of what the Catholic and Orthodox churches use. It's a very new, Protestant notion that laymen can can understand the text without context or understanding passed down through church tradition. This is one reason the "evangelicals'" theology is so confused.

heavenlyboy34's photo
Thu 04/25/13 03:47 PM

For always asking for my ubecake even if i brought him his chocolate cake.

For indecent public exposure. drool

heavenlyboy34's photo
Wed 04/17/13 10:55 PM

Hey Minglers. I've been here a few weeks now and thought I'd bite the bullet and jump in with a topic of my own. This is a personal issue for me, as I have quite a large hand tattoo (among others) of a lily, with vines, twining around my wrist to link with a pink ribbon underneath my thumb. When people spot the hand part they frown, yet when they see the ribbon their attitude changes. My question is, are tattoos acceptable on a woman if they are serious statements or shouldn't we all be allowed the freedom of expression no matter what the reason? This also applies to males with tattoos. Wouldn't want to appear discrimitory laugh I would appreciate your views
I like artistic tattoos, but don't have any myself. I wouldn't mind them on a woman unless they are purposely grotesque or gang symbol type tats.

heavenlyboy34's photo
Fri 04/12/13 10:46 PM
I have several DVDs of kata forms. I would like to take still shots of the most important parts of the sequences and create a step by step diagram of the whole kata. (as if it were a pictoral manual) It's possible to pause and hit "print screen" then paste into photoshop, but that's taking a really long time. Anyone know of a program that will help take care of this? Thanks! :) flowerforyou

heavenlyboy34's photo
Mon 04/08/13 01:37 PM
Sorry I missed the partyfrustrated , but Happy birthday, young man! drinker

heavenlyboy34's photo
Sat 04/06/13 09:58 PM
I've been on an Augustine binge lately. "Love is the beauty of the soul."

"Do you wish to rise? Begin by descending. You plan a tower that will pierce the clouds? Lay first the foundation of humility."

"The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page."

"Do you wish to be great? Then begin by being. Do you desire to construct a vast and lofty fabric? Think first about the foundations of humility. The higher your structure is to be, the deeper must be its foundation."

heavenlyboy34's photo
Sat 04/06/13 09:09 PM
I found a review of it: http://articles.businessinsider.com/2011-04-01/tech/29979895_1_penny-auction-bid-amounts-current-bid

Looks like an illegitimate model to me. I'm staying away from it.

heavenlyboy34's photo
Fri 04/05/13 04:07 PM
anyone tried the bidding site quibids.com? Is it worth the 60 dollar starting pack? Thanks! waving

heavenlyboy34's photo
Wed 04/03/13 06:45 PM
9.5667 Sweet and gorgeous, but I'm over her desired age range. (I can pretend to be younger if she wants, though ;) )

heavenlyboy34's photo
Thu 03/28/13 03:50 PM

Barkeep! Fine German beer with dinner please! drinker

"Is there a German beer that isn't fine?"

If there is, I haven't tried it! ;) And I'm still waiting on my order, barkeep! NO TIP FOR YOU!!

heavenlyboy34's photo
Wed 03/27/13 07:07 PM
Barkeep! Fine German beer with dinner please! drinker

heavenlyboy34's photo
Wed 03/27/13 05:21 PM
single. Tired of relationship drama for now.

heavenlyboy34's photo
Wed 03/27/13 04:13 PM
I feel like a mint schnapps now. drinker

heavenlyboy34's photo
Wed 03/27/13 01:40 PM

I had just placed an Order for a FN PS90, the Very Same Gun (Civilian Version) as the U.S. Secret Service Protective Details have Standard Issued (I Imange the Anti-Gun Nuts are Going Crazy about Now but they are Fun, Fun, Fun to Shoot) and Fires a 5.7 Round that can go through Body Armor but not Drywall.

It looks like a gun out of Star Wars or Star Trek, Maybe Babalon 5; so I would like some ideas on what to Shoot once I get it.

Check out FPSRussia's channel on youtube and his facebook page. He often uses tannerite for explosions, but he shoots all kinds of things.

1 3 5 6 7 8 9 24 25