sparkleplenty424's photo
Sat 07/26/08 08:06 PM

DOOOOON"T DOOOOO ITTTTTTTT!!!!!! Really...I have eaten an entire pack of oreo's and a gallon of ice cream in three days...oh the guilt.....RUNbigsmile tears surprised noway
three days?

Lightweight.

sparkleplenty424's photo
Sat 07/26/08 07:57 PM

Your on a dating site and a guy wants to meet you?????Hmmmmm... Yep thats weired???
He wants to meet her without knowing anything about her..it is customary to at least introduce yourself to someone before going on a date

He offered her his phone # so they could talk....And she is a smart women so I am sure if she was going to meet someone it would be in a public place that she drives to after talking on the phone... before the internet we talked more on the phone and just because he is not in the forums is not that bad......

This same thing happen to me....she is not in the forums, not her thing and she sent me her phone # because she wanted to talk to me. She and I have become great friends and I liked her different and unorthodox approach.....

as long as you are SMART and allow people to be people and realize some people will do things in different ways.... It does not make them wrong and in mine and her's case it has worked very well and I have a good friend because of it.
OK but I would have no desire to spend time talking to someone I had not first gotten acquainted with in the forums on via e-mail. It's like walking up to a perfect stranger on the street and giving them your phone number. I think a little pre-screening is necessary to get to that point. Why not just write your number on a public wall and see who calls?

sparkleplenty424's photo
Sat 07/26/08 07:31 PM

should have mentioned that i'm unusual as far as bipolar patients......

i don't show outward signs of the rage or depressions, and i haven't had a mania stage in nearly seven years.......

and the medication doens't slowly quit working for me, IT STOPS SUDDENLY, landing me in the hospital.....

so far i've, since age 9, been on tegretol, mellaril, lithium, klonopin, topamax, prozac, wellbutrin, abilify, and trileptal...........

i'm currently taking lamictal and effexor XR
how is that working out? My daughter is on lamictal - she has taken prozaz, lexapro, abilify, risperdal and trazodone...

well i've been on lamictal since november and iit's by far the best mood stabilizer i've ever been placed on....just make your daughter watches out for the rash.
yeah, the hospital warned us about the rash.

sparkleplenty424's photo
Sat 07/26/08 07:20 PM

should have mentioned that i'm unusual as far as bipolar patients......

i don't show outward signs of the rage or depressions, and i haven't had a mania stage in nearly seven years.......

and the medication doens't slowly quit working for me, IT STOPS SUDDENLY, landing me in the hospital.....

so far i've, since age 9, been on tegretol, mellaril, lithium, klonopin, topamax, prozac, wellbutrin, abilify, and trileptal...........

i'm currently taking lamictal and effexor XR
how is that working out? My daughter is on lamictal - she has taken prozaz, lexapro, abilify, risperdal and trazodone...

sparkleplenty424's photo
Sat 07/26/08 07:09 PM

When I first joined on here, I got an IM from some guy who had never spoken to me before, asking me to meet him for a quickie before work.....I told him I was already at work....he was too late. Then I blocked him.noway
Was it the Captain?

sparkleplenty424's photo
Sat 07/26/08 06:59 PM

Your on a dating site and a guy wants to meet you?????Hmmmmm... Yep thats weired???
He wants to meet her without knowing anything about her..it is customary to at least introduce yourself to someone before going on a date

sparkleplenty424's photo
Sat 07/26/08 06:35 PM
No - he was clearly a whacko.

You did the right thing - he sounds a tad desperate, don't you think? I would steer clear.

sparkleplenty424's photo
Sat 07/26/08 06:14 PM
I don't think my sexuality would get me all that much.

sparkleplenty424's photo
Sat 07/26/08 05:07 PM
What is so special about Saturday night? I don't get it. I am doing the same thing I do every other night. Why wouldn't I?

sparkleplenty424's photo
Sat 07/26/08 04:06 PM
I am a sucker that way..I have given second, third, fourth, etc., chances to the same guy..only to have my heart ripped out over and over...

and I would probably do it again.

Yeah, I know, I need therapy...

sparkleplenty424's photo
Sat 07/26/08 04:04 PM

My dogs bark at TV doorbells too, and I have never had a doorbell. How do they know what it means?
My guess is the previous owner had a doorbell
one of my dogs never had a previous owner. And she has always barked at TV doorbells.

sparkleplenty424's photo
Sat 07/26/08 03:55 PM
My dogs bark at TV doorbells too, and I have never had a doorbell. How do they know what it means?

sparkleplenty424's photo
Sat 07/26/08 03:14 PM
love is a battlefield

sparkleplenty424's photo
Sat 07/26/08 06:23 AM

I am just so sick of the bad dates, Fran.

The ex factor tends to account for at least 50% of the situation, in my experience.
Hey, at least he didn't pee himself.

You're so picky, Lilith!

sparkleplenty424's photo
Sat 07/26/08 06:20 AM
Minds are overrated sweetie!! Love your soul, always. We are sisters under the skin.flowerforyou

sparkleplenty424's photo
Sat 07/26/08 05:35 AM
I can't imagine any news better than that. I am so happy for you.

sparkleplenty424's photo
Sat 07/26/08 05:26 AM

If these two girls are friends, it means either
a) Amy will sleep with you in spite of her friend, i.e. the competitive female thing or
b) She's a good friend to the girl that kissed you, meaning no matter what you have no chance at all with her.

He's right, your best chance is to ride the one out that likes you and see where it leads. If it's only for a good time then you better be damn good because Amy will hear about it (either way). Amy will like you better afterwards and you'll stand a better chance....

.. and some guys wonder why they're single... noway
this whole thread has me scratching my head...come to think of it, it makes me feel itchy all over

sparkleplenty424's photo
Sat 07/26/08 05:25 AM

Women are vicious. I suppose.

yes, clearly we are all just evil

See, the truth comes out...FINALLY! :banana: :banana: :banana:

this is the first I have ever heard of this problem - women want a full disclosure but are unwilling to reciprocate? In half a century on this planet this is the first complaint I have heard..I guess it's because when I am with a guy, all I want to do is talk about me,myself, and I.

sparkleplenty424's photo
Sat 07/26/08 05:19 AM

Women are vicious. I suppose.

yes, clearly we are all just evil

sparkleplenty424's photo
Sat 07/26/08 05:10 AM

Bipolar illness usually manifests itself in late teens or early 20's. Thankfully, it is rare to see it in a child. It can also be hereditary. My father was never diagnosed, but after his suicide (1981), it was suggested that he was. I used to curse the fact that I was unable to have biological children. Now, I thank God my Angel is adopted. If I had to watch her go through what I went through, I think it would kill me.
Oh, I know what you are saying. My 18 year old is bipolar - we have gone through cutting, suicide attempts, a vehicular homicide attempt, arrests for burglary and shoplifting, numerous hospitalizations, etc. And I can't help but think she will never have a normal relationship with anyone - she doesn't have relationships, she takes hostages...I won't have grandkids...it's sad for everyone.

She doesn't want to be treated - right now I am forcing her to take meds, but how long can I do that? She is 18