Community > Posts By > Dramatic Muffin

Dramatic Muffin's photo
Tue 05/23/23 03:56 AM
Kit Kat is the only one I know of. Are there others, Slim? waving

Dramatic Muffin's photo
Mon 05/22/23 04:26 AM
WhatsApp was founded by Americans. People in the US do use it, especially if they have loved ones who live in different countries. I communicate with my daughters and Mark with it all the time. It's just not used as prevalently in the US as other countries.

After living in a few different countries, I've noticed that a lot of countries do a pay-as-you-go top-off kind of phone plan, or have an inexpensive month-to-month plan that can end any time you don't top up. Most of those plans (in the countries I've lived in, anyway) do not allow you to call or text long-distance. So apps like WhatsApp are very important when you need to call or text someone in other countries.

In the US, we have long-term phone plans (mine were always 2 year contracts) that often have unlimited data and calling. So it's easy to just call or text anyone. If you travel, you can contact your mobile provider and pay to add an international component for as long as you're gone and not have to buy a SIM card (most phones in the US are locked if they are part of a mobile contract anyway).

WhatsApp is very important where I am now. Everyone uses it. Even my school has whole-staff WhatsApp groups where they send out important announcements. Each class has a parent WhatsApp group. Most businesses allow you to communicate with them via WhatsApp; I make all my appointments via WhatsApp. I think it's a great app.

That said, if someone on Mingle was chatting me up and wanted to move straight to WhatsApp without getting to know me first, I would indeed see that as a red flag. The red flag isn't WhatsApp itsef--it's moving too quickly.

Dramatic Muffin's photo
Sat 05/20/23 10:25 PM

Twoth picks

:joy: I see what you did, there.

OT: Gummi Bears

Dramatic Muffin's photo
Sat 05/20/23 10:20 PM

"How are you?" isn't exactly a stimulating, engaging first message either so there's that.

Agree.

If you find the conversation lacking they likely aren’t for you. Probably best to move on.

Dramatic Muffin's photo
Sat 05/20/23 10:17 PM
At the day spa, getting a pedicure.

Dramatic Muffin's photo
Wed 05/10/23 06:21 AM

I can't wait to see how SparklingCrystal reacts when a biological man goes into a women's bathroom space, she will turn into shattered glass - well said brother!. Have you seen some of the new restrooms in the US airports, they have "any" gender spaces now but they are well closed off not like the open stalls in old-skool general population separations.

I actually prefer that. In some European countries that I've been to, there are no separate women's or men's restrooms. There are just individual stalls that are completely enclosed from floor to ceiling, and a sink area that's out in the open. In my opinion, that's how all restrooms should be. Bugs my nerves that in a lot of public places, men's restrooms don't have a line, but women's restrooms often have huge lines out the door. Sometimes after a 12-hour flight, people really need to go to the bathroom, man!

Dramatic Muffin's photo
Wed 05/10/23 06:12 AM
I think sometimes we think that we need to be feeling joy all the time in order to be happy.

In my opinion, yes, joy is a part of it, but it's more a sense of contentment or fulfillment. It's having a positive mindset and appreciating the little things, such as a perfect spring day, kisses from your dog, the smell of freshly-brewed coffee, or a sense of satisfaction for a job well done.

Dramatic Muffin's photo
Fri 05/05/23 03:23 AM
Hi Merry! I’m happy to run into your fabulousness today! 🥰:sunflower:

Merry again?

Dramatic Muffin's photo
Fri 05/05/23 03:11 AM
Vibes?

Dramatic Muffin's photo
Fri 05/05/23 03:09 AM
Gia?

Dramatic Muffin's photo
Fri 05/05/23 03:05 AM
Thinking I just left school and now we have a four-day weekend! :tada:

Dramatic Muffin's photo
Sat 04/29/23 12:48 AM

Roses are red
Violets are blue
If he's busy on Valentine's Day
The side chick is you.

:joy:

All my life I always said that if someone cheated on me I’d be out of there so fast. But the one time it happened (that I know of, anyway), guess who the bonehead was that believed everything he said and stuck around? Me. We were two years into the relationship and there were definite feelings involved (and a ring), and I wasn’t a strong enough person to just end things. That was 10+ years ago, and I’d like to think I’m much stronger than that now. While I do realize that some people really can change, I’m more in the “once a cheater, always a cheater” camp.

Dramatic Muffin's photo
Fri 04/28/23 02:45 AM

I've been spring cleaning all day. Going through everything for donations.

They came replaced all the smoke alarms and tomorrow I get the fridge my Dad bought me.

I've never had a brand new fridge. Super excited. :joy:

Oooo, very cool, Gia! Congratulations! My apartment here in Kazakhstan is fully furnished, and my refrigerator is burgundy-colored with rhinestones! I know it sounds hideous but I think it's kinda sassy! laugh

OT: Trying to plan my summer so I can buy all my flights.

Dramatic Muffin's photo
Wed 04/26/23 10:42 PM
It's student-led conferences today, and right now I'm taking a break for some Starbucks iced coffee I had delivered.

Dramatic Muffin's photo
Sat 04/22/23 02:14 AM
Aw, congratulations, Crystal! That’s wonderful news! I’m so happy for you! :confetti_ball:

Have you picked out your granny name yet? What will she call you?

Dramatic Muffin's photo
Fri 04/21/23 10:11 PM
all of the things you describe are physical enhancements .

Wondering .. what you think (or assume) women mean when they say they want a “real man “ ????

I was about to say something similar.

I don't think I've ever seen/heard a woman saying "I'm looking for a real man" who meant it in a way that implied she was looking for a man who didn't alter his physical appearance (egs. color his hair, get peck implants, fake tan, etc.). Nearly always she is refering to his character (saying that she wants a man who means what he says, has good character, treats his partner with respect, etc.).

That said, I kind of think that the terms "real man" or "real woman" are kind of insubstantial, as different people are looking for different things. Maybe it's better to just specify what they are looking for that they are not finding.

Dramatic Muffin's photo
Fri 04/21/23 04:17 AM
Hi Merry! waving

Thinking I would love to see some of our past posters start posting again! There are a lot of them that I miss! :heart:

Dramatic Muffin's photo
Tue 04/18/23 12:32 AM
Oh my goodness, how did I miss this? I am so sorry for your loss, Larsi! May you find peace and comfort in your time of sorry. Sending you a big hug from Kazakhstan. :heart:

Dramatic Muffin's photo
Mon 04/17/23 10:04 PM
Edited by Dramatic Muffin on Mon 04/17/23 10:06 PM

My favorite is Southeast Asia. Siem Reap or Bali are my favorites.

You realize that Indonesia, and Bali being part of Indonesia, is becoming one of the most repressive countries in the world?

I lived in Surabaya, Indonesia for two years (2017-2019). So I'm pretty familiar with it, yes. Still love Bali though. I've been there 9 times.

Dramatic Muffin's photo
Mon 04/17/23 10:00 PM
It was good. My man was here visiting me in Kazakhstan a couple weeks ago. The last date we did was to the Brazilian Restaurant. We enjoy that place!

1 2 6 7 8 10 12 13 14 24 25