Community > Posts By > cheechako

no photo
Tue 07/07/15 06:05 AM
Discussing it would also educate the people. I think that would be more important.

no photo
Tue 07/07/15 05:56 AM

Well, darling, a woman is so self-sufficient and intelligently designed, she can live without a man. A man cannot live without a woman. Go ahead and rest now.

I know that! A man without a woman is like a fish without a bicycle.flowerforyou

no photo
Tue 07/07/15 05:49 AM

I'm new here and have gotten lots of messages but I'm pretty sure they aren't for real. 98% have been widowed. Isn't that strange?

Did they die from eating poison mushrooms or a cracked skull?laugh

no photo
Tue 07/07/15 05:43 AM
I thought that was a bit strange also. I wonder why the thread was deleted.

no photo
Tue 07/07/15 05:38 AM
You too! Happy New Yearexplode

no photo
Tue 07/07/15 05:29 AM
God made Heaven and earth and man and then he rested. Then he made woman. Since then, neither God nor man has rested!

no photo
Mon 07/06/15 08:24 AM

Alot has been said on the issue of deliverance and alot of questions have been bombarded on this subject matter.Many people have asked such questions as "does a christian need deliverance,and is it possible that a christian can be manipulated or possessed with an evil spirit even after he has been saved"?,Are there remedies?,.Honestly alot of christians are confused because they still experience ugly trends contrary to God's will even after they are saved. What's your point of view?

I think we need to define "saved". I don't think anybody is "saved" or safe until after the first resurrection. The first resurrection is when Christ comes back to earth and sets up his government. Being baptized and such does not automatically save anybody. You are still subject to your own will and have to fight it everyday. The goal is to have the "mind of Christ". It is not an easy road, where you can just lay back and relax because you are "saved"

no photo
Mon 07/06/15 07:34 AM

Remember, when everybody is in a congregational setting everybody is facing forward.

Sometimes the extravagant beauty of a woman can serve as a distraction. (Long Beautiful Hair Included)

Everybody with a sense of modesty doesn't what to stand-out when the subject at the moment is God and religious duties.

Even most women make sure they wont out-do the bride when they go to a wedding, so it's very much the same idea.

I think that train of thought goes against the teachings of Christianity. The key words here "self control". It is up to a man to control himself. A woman's beauty is no excuse for bad behavior.

Galatians 5:22-23

But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law.

no photo
Sun 07/05/15 08:25 AM

Need a good partner...interested girl txt me

Having sex is like playing bridge. If you don't have a good partner, you'd better have a good hand.

no photo
Sun 07/05/15 08:16 AM
laugh

When she offers to pay for dinner. I know, I'm just a romantic fool when it comes to love. blushing

no photo
Sun 07/05/15 07:22 AM

The doctrine of the Trinity actually comes from the New Testament itself.

David, What do you base this statement on?
Where is the word "Trinity" in the new testament, or anywhere else in the Bible?

no photo
Sun 07/05/15 07:17 AM

As far back in history than can be remembered man has been involved in idolatry. Idolatry is worshipping any man creature or thing above almighty God. In text of the quran the story of Abraham is more detAiled then the bible the quran states that when Abraham was a child his father worshipped a carved idol in the form of a man who once lived and he was a really great man inthe past when iinfluential and great people rose up and died in honor everyone would carve images of them in honor and rememberance later this honor would turn into worshipping these people as gods or mediators between God and man abraham rebuked his father for his idolatry and told him God is only one God and he should be worshipped alone and add no partners with God well in Christianity this same idolatry goes on with the worship of jesus as God whom was a man.
This doctrine also came from paganism constantine was a pagan whom converted to christianity only to bring pagan doctrine and traditions into christianity. For example constantine was the first to claim to be the son of God and or Gods son he also started the trinity doctrine which he put into the bible

You have some facts wrong.

Constantine didn't convert until on his death bed. He only legalized Christianity.

Constantine was NOT the first leader to claim the status of a god, and he did NOT claim to be a replacement for Christ, as you seem to imply (especially since, again, he remained a non-Christian throughout his life).

In fact, the idea of a leader being the son of a god dates back at least through the early Greeks, and the Egyptians as well.

Christianity brought pagan elements into Christianity in order to bring the followers of those other beliefs into their "big tent" version of Christianity. It's why so many official celebration dates were moved (Birth of Christ moved to match German celebration of Winter solstice and so on.

As for the MANY arguments about who is and isn't worshiping what, there is a huge amount of political history involved with that, which goes far beyond what you've posted.

Perhaps the most momentous conversion in Western history was that of Constantine I, Roman Emperor and later proclaimed a Christian Saint. While his belief in Christianity occurred long before his death, it was only on his deathbed that he was baptised, in 337. While traditional sources disagree as to why this happened so late, modern historiography concludes[citation needed] that Constantine chose religious tolerance as an instrument to bolster his reign. His edict of toleration, subsequent patronage of the Christian church, even his convening of and presiding over the First Ecumenical Council of Nicaea, were all carried out while he was still officially a pagan, and while he bore the pagan office of pontifex maximus.

no photo
Sat 07/04/15 09:22 AM

We are all different and thank God for that. What a boring world if we were all the same. We should celebrate our differences not try to force our views on others.

Cheechako

How exactly are we humans different? I don't feel any different than my fellow man. Same sins, same confessions, same good, same evil. If God created ANY of us, then he created every last one of us, eh?

No two people think exactly the same about every subject.

I disagree with this too. It's not like we're talking fingerprints here. Concerning faith and a belief in God, you either believe or you don't. How is this such a broad subject that two people can't have the exact same thought about it?

It's not.

There are millions, maybe billions of people who believe in God. These are split into thousands of different churches all preaching something different. I have never met anyone who believes exactly what I believe. Have you?

no photo
Fri 07/03/15 04:25 PM

I associate the idea of using a head-covering from a facial-veil as two different functions.

One in accordance with scripture is predominantly needed during prayer (Head-Covering) where-as the other is predominantly needed to avoid the gaze of unwanted men. (Veil)

It's also important to note that a veil or a partition that may be a fixed feature like a lattice-work wall is implied as a temporary measure while addressing men whom One doesn't necessarily want to lead-on.

Hello Sheik
Are there any scriptures in the bible that give you this idea. what I read makes me think the covering is long hair, not a veil or a bonnet.

no photo
Fri 07/03/15 04:15 PM

We are all different and thank God for that. What a boring world if we were all the same. We should celebrate our differences not try to force our views on others.

Cheechako

How exactly are we humans different? I don't feel any different than my fellow man. Same sins, same confessions, same good, same evil. If God created ANY of us, then he created every last one of us, eh?

We all have the same basic emotions, but not the same thoughts. No two people think exactly the same about every subject.

no photo
Fri 07/03/15 06:41 AM

Why do parents expect their children to accept the religion of the family?

Is it not logical that a child be exposed to all religions as history lessons so that he can form his own opinion when he matures?

I feel this world would be a better place if we were allowed to choose our religion after eighteen.

Your thoughts.

1 Corinthians

12 Just as a body, though one, has many parts, but all its many parts form one body, so it is with Christ. 13 For we were all baptized by[c] one Spirit so as to form one body—whether Jews or Gentiles, slave or free—and we were all given the one Spirit to drink. 14 Even so the body is not made up of one part but of many.

15 Now if the foot should say, “Because I am not a hand, I do not belong to the body,” it would not for that reason stop being part of the body. 16 And if the ear should say, “Because I am not an eye, I do not belong to the body,” it would not for that reason stop being part of the body. 17 If the whole body were an eye, where would the sense of hearing be? If the whole body were an ear, where would the sense of smell be? 18 But in fact God has placed the parts in the body, every one of them, just as he wanted them to be. 19 If they were all one part, where would the body be? 20 As it is, there are many parts, but one body.

21 The eye cannot say to the hand, “I don’t need you!” And the head cannot say to the feet, “I don’t need you!” 22 On the contrary, those parts of the body that seem to be weaker are indispensable, 23 and the parts that we think are less honorable we treat with special honor. And the parts that are unpresentable are treated with special modesty, 24 while our presentable parts need no special treatment. But God has put the body together, giving greater honor to the parts that lacked it, 25 so that there should be no division in the body, but that its parts should have equal concern for each other. 26 If one part suffers, every part suffers with it; if one part is honored, every part rejoices with it.

27 Now you are the body of Christ, and each one of you is a part of it. 28 And God has placed in the church first of all apostles, second prophets, third teachers, then miracles, then gifts of healing, of helping, of guidance, and of different kinds of tongues. 29 Are all apostles? Are all prophets? Are all teachers? Do all work miracles? 30 Do all have gifts of healing? Do all speak in tongues[d]? Do all interpret? 31 Now eagerly desire the greater gifts.

no photo
Fri 07/03/15 06:19 AM

Real Islamic Veil

I appreciate Christian veil

ISIS Veil

History[edit]

The first recorded instance of veiling for women is recorded in an Assyrian legal text from the 13th century BC, which restricted its use to noble women and forbade prostitutes and common women from adopting it.[4] The Mycenaean Greek term 𐀀𐀢𐀒𐀺𐀒, a-pu-ko-wo-ko, possibly meaning "headband makers" or "craftsmen of horse veil", and written in Linear B syllabic script, is also attested since ca. 1300 BC.[5][6] In ancient Greek the word for veil was καλύπτρα (kalyptra; Ionic Greek: καλύπτρη, kalyptrē; from the verb καλύπτω, kalyptō, "I cover")[7] and is first attested in the works of Homer.[8]

I think it is just another man made tradition, nothing Biblical about it.

no photo
Thu 07/02/15 06:21 AM

1 Corinthians 11:5, says that “Every woman who prays or prophesies with her head uncovered dishonours her head, for that is one and the same as if her head were shaved.” The early Christian women veiled their heads in church and anytime they were in public and Christian women continued to maintain this practice to some degree throughout the centuries until the 19th and 20th centuries when the practice rapidly declined.

And you know the truth and the truth shall make you free..

1 Corinthians 11
10 It is for this reason that a woman ought to have authority over her own[ head, because of the angels. 11 Nevertheless, in the Lord woman is not independent of man, nor is man independent of woman. 12 For as woman came from man, so also man is born of woman. But everything comes from God.
13 Judge for yourselves: Is it proper for a woman to pray to God with her head uncovered? 14 Does not the very nature of things teach you that if a man has long hair, it is a disgrace to him, 15 but that if a woman has long hair, it is her glory? For long hair is given to her as a covering. 16 If anyone wants to be contentious about this, we have no other practice—nor do the churches of God.

1 Corinthians 11:3-5
3 But I want you to realize that the head of every man is Christ, and the head of the woman is man,[a] and the head of Christ is God. 4 Every man who prays or prophesies with his head covered dishonors his head. 5 But every woman who prays or prophesies with her head uncovered dishonors her head—it is the same as having her head shaved.

Is the covering a hat or veil? The covering spoken of is hair. Men should have short hair and women should have long hair.

at that time I have always wondered what was referred to as long Hair on a man?

There is a picture of "Bust of Titus" on the net. It is supposed to be from that era. I imagine that would be a typical hairstyle.

no photo
Wed 07/01/15 07:42 AM

1 Corinthians 11:5, says that “Every woman who prays or prophesies with her head uncovered dishonours her head, for that is one and the same as if her head were shaved.” The early Christian women veiled their heads in church and anytime they were in public and Christian women continued to maintain this practice to some degree throughout the centuries until the 19th and 20th centuries when the practice rapidly declined.

And you know the truth and the truth shall make you free..

1 Corinthians 11
10 It is for this reason that a woman ought to have authority over her own[ head, because of the angels. 11 Nevertheless, in the Lord woman is not independent of man, nor is man independent of woman. 12 For as woman came from man, so also man is born of woman. But everything comes from God.
13 Judge for yourselves: Is it proper for a woman to pray to God with her head uncovered? 14 Does not the very nature of things teach you that if a man has long hair, it is a disgrace to him, 15 but that if a woman has long hair, it is her glory? For long hair is given to her as a covering. 16 If anyone wants to be contentious about this, we have no other practice—nor do the churches of God.

1 Corinthians 11:3-5
3 But I want you to realize that the head of every man is Christ, and the head of the woman is man,[a] and the head of Christ is God. 4 Every man who prays or prophesies with his head covered dishonors his head. 5 But every woman who prays or prophesies with her head uncovered dishonors her head—it is the same as having her head shaved.

Is the covering a hat or veil? The covering spoken of is hair. Men should have short hair and women should have long hair.

no photo
Wed 07/01/15 06:44 AM

I took sometime to decide if I would keep this post in the Science or in the Paranormal section. This post is about the effects of planets on our lives and the lines on our palms.

Being a science student, I was a skeptic too. But incidents in my life in the last four years have forced me to shift my paradigms.

One of my colleagues in my first job, who was supposedly an astrologer, predicted two very unusual and terrible incidents in my life. I laughed his predictions away as any other silly joke. However, ten and fourteen years later, both these incidents happened.

I remembered his predictions and suddenly all my pride and vanity as a hardcore science enthusiast and skeptic transformed into a feeling of humility and helplessness before the, so called, 'Divine Plan'.

I would like to know if any of you have had such a transformation in life.

The Divine Plan I believe in was given to the Israelites in the form of Annual Holy Days to be observed.
They explain the series of events this era of creation is going to go through. These Biblical Holy Days sound pretty strange to most people who celebrate Pagan Days instead.