Community > Posts By > cheechako

no photo
Tue 06/30/15 05:51 AM

1. Typical temperatures of flames. The "adiabatic flame temperature" of a given fuel and oxidizer pair indicates the temperature at which the gases achieve stable combustion. Smoldering cigarette: Temperature without drawing: side of the lit portion; 400 �C (750 �F); middle of the lit portion: 585 �C (1,100 �F)
2. Fire - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fire

So the fires raged on at 1800 degrees for hours in WT7?

A few desks and office furniture made a fire so hot it weakened steel beams?

When you stand six feet away from a raging campfire you can warm your hands. You cannot put your hands into boiling water. Water boils at 212 degrees.

How far away from the raging fires were the steel beams?

and what has the boiling temperature of water,and the temperature of a Cigarette have to do with the Fires in the WTC?

Do I have to draw you a little picture or can you understand the collapse is about heat?

no photo
Tue 06/30/15 05:48 AM

1. Typical temperatures of flames. The "adiabatic flame temperature" of a given fuel and oxidizer pair indicates the temperature at which the gases achieve stable combustion. Smoldering cigarette: Temperature without drawing: side of the lit portion; 400 �C (750 �F); middle of the lit portion: 585 �C (1,100 �F)

When you stand six feet away from a raging campfire you can warm your hands. You cannot put your hands into boiling water. Water boils at 212 degrees.

the falling debris ruptured a diesel tank... you didn't add that into the fact...

It would take a lot more than a tank full of diesel to heat up a steel beam enough to lose strength. If it did it would bend and twist, dropping in the melted area first. WT7 came down at free fall speed. Straight down.

no photo
Tue 06/30/15 05:38 AM
Jesus was at the Exodus?noway

1 Corinthians 10

10 For I do not want you to be ignorant of the fact, brothers and sisters, that our ancestors were all under the cloud and that they all passed through the sea. 2 They were all baptized into Moses in the cloud and in the sea. 3 They all ate the same spiritual food 4 and drank the same spiritual drink; for they drank from the spiritual rock that accompanied them, and that rock was Christ. 5 Nevertheless, God was not pleased with most of them; their bodies were scattered in the wilderness.

no photo
Mon 06/29/15 07:55 AM

no photo
Mon 06/29/15 07:14 AM

I mostly agree with what you are saying. I think a lot of history is not black and white but more shades of grey. Most writings are slanted by whoever writes them. For example, no one would are write anything bad about Constantine when he was alive.
From what I have read. the persecution of the Christians started with Nero (64 AD). He needed a scapegoat when things were bad. The Christians were just different enough that persecution was popular. By 302 AD the Diocletian Persecution took all the Christians rights away.
306 AD Constantine came to power. The Roman Empire was ruled by four different commanders and the persecution was getting unpopular. People were seeing the lies told about the Christians. Constantine could see this and in 313 AD gave the Christians their rights back with the Edict of Milan. After being badly persecuted for 10 years, the Christians were 100% behind Constantine.
This was a wise political move for Constantine, he wanted to be the sole Commander of the Roman Empire. The more Christians the better, so he called the Council of Nicaea (325 AD), to unite the Christians.
Constantine was pagan and couldn't care less what they decided as long as they were united and supported him.

" The Babylonian mystery religion started by Nimrod had survived through the ages. Through the empires of Babylon, Persia, Greece it had survived the collapse of the empires. Just like the catholic church survived the collapse of the roman Empire."

The priests of the Babylonian Mystery religion took control of the Council on Nicaea. The true Christians were shoved aside and later persecuted as badly or worse than before. This is documented in the history of the inquisition.

no photo
Mon 06/29/15 07:12 AM

from what i remember...and pardon if i get stuff mixed up...

The Roman empire, which was pagan/polytheistic in nature, persecuted the followers of Christ such that they were put to death in various ways and "sports". I think this was partly because of the fear of a revolution and partly because of differences in religious practices and beliefs. It seemed, at that time the Christian following was becoming a force that threatened the Roman way of life.

When Constantine came to power and won a war using a christian symbol and with the "vision" he saw, he decreed that all citizens under Roman rule must convert to Christianity, or otherwise suffer death. This probably became a cause for rejoicing amongst the followers of Christ at that time.

But the problem with forcing a religion on someone is that they won't be able to come to know the real meaning of believing it. Most of the people still clung to their Roman gods and goddesses, but had to disguise it in way that had to conform or have a semblance to Christianity. This was not only to avoid punishment, but for political reasons of gaining favor with Constantine.

It is expected that those forced into a religion or belief system will have that natural tendency to pick and choose what is comfortable and favorable to them. At the same time, incorporate into it what they want from their own beliefs, hence diluting/misinterpreting/adding on to the original intent and meaning of the religion they converted to.

Constantine was a political leader over a vast range of territories with differing beliefs. His intent to spread Christianity will definitely be overshadowed by his desire to unite his empire. Hence, he had to make sure that ALL his subjects were appeased one way or another. This was probably the reason how Catholicism came to be. A "universal" "church" that catered to the beliefs of man in relation to God, rather than the search for the understanding of the true nature God.

I mostly agree with what you are saying. I think a lot of history is not black and white but more shades of grey. Most writings are slanted by whoever writes them. For example, no one would are write anything bad about Constantine when he was alive.
From what I have read. the persecution of the Christians started with Nero (64 AD). He needed a scapegoat when things were bad. The Christians were just different enough that persecution was popular. By 302 AD the Diocletian Persecution took all the Christians rights away.
306 AD Constantine came to power. The Roman Empire was ruled by four different commanders and the persecution was getting unpopular. People were seeing the lies told about the Christians. Constantine could see this and in 313 AD gave the Christians their rights back with the Edict of Milan. After being badly persecuted for 10 years, the Christians were 100% behind Constantine.
This was a wise political move for Constantine, he wanted to be the sole Commander of the Roman Empire. The more Christians the better, so he called the Council of Nicaea (325 AD), to unite the Christians.
Constantine was pagan and couldn't care less what they decided as long as they were united and supported him.

" The Babylonian mystery religion started by Nimrod had survived through the ages. Through the empires of Babylon, Persia, Greece it had survived the collapse of the empires. Just like the catholic church survived the collapse of the roman Empire."

The priests of the Babylonian Mystery religion took control of the Council on Nicaea. The true Christians were shoved aside and later persecuted as badly or worse than before. This is documented in the history of the inquisition.

no photo
Fri 06/19/15 06:53 PM

its historical fact that Constantine was a pagan roman emperor and converted to Christianity but never dropping his pagan beliefs, traditions or doctrine, and to top that off at the council of nicea he had power over what books were to be kept in the bible and which were to be burned. I would say this type of event in history needs to be investigated.

Whether Constantine converted to Christianity or just used it as a tool to further his hold on the Roman Empire is the key. The facts are, after his so called conversion he built structures and dedicated them to the Roman Gods, he killed his wife and son, and he only was baptized on his deathbed. This was years after his so called conversion.
Like you said he had the power of life and death over the Christians at the Council of Nicaea. The "Christianity" that came out of Nicaea doesn't look anything like what Christ taught.
I think that if you compare the teaching of the Catholic Church to what is written in the Bible it is pretty obvious.

no photo
Tue 06/16/15 06:34 AM
Love in a relationship is often confused with lust. Love is caring for the other person and their needs. Like a child, grandparent, mate etc.

no photo
Fri 06/12/15 07:18 AM

Being Christian is not like ya found golden ticket in willy wonka movie
.haahaa it does not guarantee your life,your career,your marriage will be free from strifehappy

True

Going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than standing in a garage makes you a car.

no photo
Fri 06/12/15 07:10 AM

As a child I believed in Santa Claus and god but as an adult rational thought tells me otherwise . I now know Santa was dad smitten and as for god I am still waiting for proof of his existence :-)
One proof of the creator is in the creation.

no photo
Fri 06/12/15 07:06 AM

There is a lot of new evidence (from awhile ago) that one species cannot change into another though. With DNA research a new term was coined "intelligent design"

If you're talking to me Cheecha, Intelligent Design is just a flimsy disguise for Creationism...Proponents like to say evolution is wrong so Intelligent Design must be right, but the truth is disproving one thing does not prove another...Show me the evidence that disproves evolution...Details please..

The details are right in front of your eyes, if you can see them. The symbiotic relationships of species that cannot survive alone is only one example. Google bacterial flagellum, and look at how complex a cell is. Darwin supposed that cells were simple structures that worked by osmosis when he came up with his theory. Darwin also had some doubts from the lack of transitional fossils. He assumed they would be found later. 150 yrs later they still have not been found.
There is no fossil record of anything evolving into a different species. There are changes within species but nothing ever changed into another species.

Still doesn't change the fact that Intelligent Design does not become the right or accepted 'scientific' theory just by proving evolution is wrong....So far, the evidence for evolution is a clear winner...There is no debate about evolution among the VAST majority of scientists because there is no credible alternative 'scientific' theory...What you refer to is specific mechanism "within" evolution!...Natural selection does not require that ALL structures have the same function or that they even need to be functional at each step in the development of an organism!...As many of us have already said, scientific theory is tested, proven over time...Intelligent Design is based on observation alone because it cannot be tested...

Just because the vast majority believe something does not mean that it is true. The proof is in the details.
The earth is billions of years old, hanging in space in perfect balance. It is just the right distance from the sun and has life in every far corner. What about the human mind? what causes us to think? Where is humanity going from here?

no photo
Fri 06/12/15 06:09 AM

There is a lot of new evidence (from awhile ago) that one species cannot change into another though. With DNA research a new term was coined "intelligent design"

If you're talking to me Cheecha, Intelligent Design is just a flimsy disguise for Creationism...Proponents like to say evolution is wrong so Intelligent Design must be right, but the truth is disproving one thing does not prove another...Show me the evidence that disproves evolution...Details please..

The details are right in front of your eyes, if you can see them. The symbiotic relationships of species that cannot survive alone is only one example. Google bacterial flagellum, and look at how complex a cell is. Darwin supposed that cells were simple structures that worked by osmosis when he came up with his theory. Darwin also had some doubts from the lack of transitional fossils. He assumed they would be found later. 150 yrs later they still have not been found.
There is no fossil record of anything evolving into a different species. There are changes within species but nothing ever changed into another species.

no photo
Thu 06/11/15 02:57 PM

no photo
Thu 06/11/15 02:49 PM
So, what religious verses, if any, do you believe are often taken out of context?

Luke 16:23

In Hades, where he was in torment, he looked up and saw Abraham far away, with Lazarus by his side.

Revelation 20:14

Then death and Hades were thrown into the lake of fire. The lake of fire is the second death.

I think the parable about Lazarus is interpreted as an eternal hellfire.

no photo
Mon 06/08/15 08:46 AM

Guys, have you heard that ONLY a limited number of people will be saved. All other people will perish after the coming Judgement Day because "punishment for sin is DEATH". This is the Holy Law of God.

Now ponder:

(1) Why did God choose some people to be saved?
(2) Why you did NOT choose God to be saved?
(3) Is it fair to save only a limited number of people?

Any ideas?

1 Those chosen now, will rule with Christ. They are not the only ones who will be "saved"
2 "saved" I assume you mean given eternal life?
Why would he give eternal life to someone who is miserable? Unless a person wants to live in a way that brings happiness to themselves and others, they are better off dead.
3 No one knows how many Billions of people God will give eternal life to. I think everyone willing to obey the commandments of God and live a lifestyle that brings happiness will receive the gift.

no photo
Sun 06/07/15 05:47 AM

Y'all gonna burn in hell devil surprised drinks

Y'all should read your bible. Then Y'all would know what it says.

Yes but not everyone here is Christian so why would they read the Bible

Do other religions believe in Hell fire?

YES or a form of it. The concept of HELL as we understand it today is clearly from Greek mythology.

its Hellfire,NOT Hades-Fire!

What is the difference?

Sheol is found in the Bible sixty-five times. It is translated “the pit” three times, “the grave” thirty-one times, and “hell” thirty-one times. Hades is used eleven times, being rendered “hell” ten times and “grave” once. Adding to the confusion is that two other words are also translated hell in the New Testament. These are Tartarus, which is found once and Gehenna, which is used twelve times.

no photo
Thu 06/04/15 07:56 AM
Exactly. Hell is an old pagan belief along with the belief in an immortal soul. It doesn't come from the bible. How could anyone live happily when someone else is being tortured.

Revelation 7:17
For the Lamb at the center of the throne will be their shepherd; ‘he will lead them to springs of living water.’ ‘And God will wipe away every tear from their eyes.’”

Revelation 21:4
‘He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death’ or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away.”

no photo
Wed 06/03/15 03:15 PM

Not sure. Do atheists? Buddhists? Wiccan?

I don't know. That is why I was asking.

no photo
Wed 06/03/15 02:59 PM

no photo
Wed 06/03/15 02:54 PM