Community > Posts By > cheechako

no photo
Wed 06/03/15 08:21 AM

How do you figure satan is bound now? It seems to me he is stirring up all kinds of trouble and the "Great Tribulation" hasn't even started.

The only thing Satan can do atm is "tempt" someone(s), nothing more.

That's true, but a lot of people have yielded to the temptation.

Very true, but Satan is still bound to hell currently. He can't "physically" do anything to anyone. He can only tempt peopple to do such actions in question. But can the end of times and "tribulation" and all that, Satan will be "physically" walking the world doing that which he plans to do. Then he'll rein, then he'll be thrown into the lake of fire and so on and so on.

Where do you get that from?
Satan is ruling the world now. He offered Jesus all the kingdoms of the world and Jesus did not question they were satan's to give.
Matthew 4:8-9
8 Again, the devil took him to a very high mountain and showed him all the kingdoms of the world and their splendor. 9 “All this I will give you,” he said, “if you will bow down and worship me.”

Satan is called "The God of this Age"

2 Corinthians 4:4
The god of this age has blinded the minds of unbelievers, so that they cannot see the light of the gospel that displays the glory of Christ, who is the image of God.

no photo
Wed 06/03/15 08:07 AM

Hell is by far the worst religious idea that human beings have ever invented; certainly, in terms of the sheer amount of cruelty one person can wish inflicted on another, it is by definition unsurpassed. . As Thomas Paine said, belief in a cruel god makes a cruel man, and many religious atrocities committed through the centuries can, directly or indirectly, be traced to belief in Hell. For those who believe in god . He stands for justice , benevolence , love and forgiveness ... Why then .. Is someone who is banished to hell never forgiven .. This is hypocritical and absurd . He cannot be a god of forgiveness after all pitchfork hell is a man made falsehood .. Nothing more .

Exactly! It's nothing more than a line of baloney used to control the masses.

no photo
Wed 06/03/15 08:04 AM

Some people want God to act just like them. They would never make anyone remain in a lake of fire for eternity. So, they insist that God would never do so, either. Too bad for them that Revelation 20:15 is actually a part of the New Testament.

Side Note: The word Hell is northern European in origin. It wasn't used by the New Testament writers.

Revelation 20:15
15 Anyone whose name was not found written in the book of life was thrown into the lake of fire.

Isaiah 33:10-14
10 “Now will I arise,” says the LORD.
“Now will I be exalted;
now will I be lifted up.
11 You conceive chaff,
you give birth to straw;
your breath is a fire that consumes you.
12 The peoples will be burned to ashes;
like cut thornbushes they will be set ablaze.”
13 You who are far away, hear what I have done;
you who are near, acknowledge my power!
14 The sinners in Zion are terrified;
trembling grips the godless:
“Who of us can dwell with the consuming fire?
Who of us can dwell with everlasting burning?”
Malachi 4:3
Then you will trample on the wicked; they will be ashes under the soles of your feet on the day when I act,” says the Lord Almighty.

Thrown in the Lake of Fire, you die, burned to nothing. Man is mortal, the soul will die. There is no soul, spirit or anything else is man that is immortal. The only thing immortal is if we are given God's spirit, his gift.

no photo
Tue 06/02/15 02:07 PM
I am waiting for a quote from Monica!drinker

no photo
Tue 06/02/15 01:57 PM

How do you figure satan is bound now? It seems to me he is stirring up all kinds of trouble and the "Great Tribulation" hasn't even started.

The only thing Satan can do atm is "tempt" someone(s), nothing more.

That's true, but a lot of people have yielded to the temptation.

no photo
Tue 06/02/15 01:48 PM

no photo
Mon 06/01/15 06:24 AM

I reckon I'd ask them to share the sharing.

Nothing hacks at the dignity of another human being than always being given to but never taken from.

All though well meaning, when someone attempts to repay kindness and we refuse it because "it isn't necessary", we make that person feel inferior to us and as if they have nothing to contribute.

You can lose a friend or a mate that way.

So my friends - share and share alike.

That's a good point.

no photo
Mon 06/01/15 05:49 AM
Revelation 20:1-3
20 And I saw an angel coming down out of heaven, having the key to the Abyss and holding in his hand a great chain. 2 He seized the dragon, that ancient serpent, who is the devil, or Satan, and bound him for a thousand years. 3 He threw him into the Abyss, and locked and sealed it over him, to keep him from deceiving the nations anymore until the thousand years were ended. After that, he must be set free for a short time.

The binding of satan is a future event. It is after Christ returns.

no photo
Sun 05/31/15 08:35 AM
A damsel in distress needs a Knight in shining armor. Everybody wants to be a knight in shining armor even if it means overlooking a few details.

no photo
Sun 05/31/15 08:12 AM

#1 God is not some kind of a sadistic monster, who is looking for an excuse to torture something forever. He wants people to have eternal life. Those who follow his commandments will live. Those who don’t will die.
Ezekiel 33:11 Say to them, ‘As surely as I live, declares the Sovereign Lord, I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn from their ways and live. Turn! Turn from your evil ways! Why will you die, people of Israel?’
Ezekiel 18:23
Do I take any pleasure in the death of the wicked? declares the Sovereign Lord. Rather, am I not pleased when they turn from their ways and live?
Matthew 7:11 If you, then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give good gifts to those who ask him!
Luke 11:13 If you then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give the Holy Spirit to those who ask him!”

#2 People are mortal, they die. Nothing is said about being tortured forever, they die.

Genesis 6:3
Then the Lord said, “My spirit shall not abide in mortals forever, for they are flesh; their days shall be one hundred twenty years.”
Job 14:10
But mortals die, and are laid low; humans expire, and where are they?
Job 34:15
all flesh would perish together, and all mortals return to dust.
Psalm 49:12
Mortals cannot abide in their pomp; they are like the animals that perish.

#3 People are made from the same elements that make up the earth. When they are born there is nothing in people that can, or does live forever. Nothing, that could be tortured forever in Hell.

Genesis 2:7
And the Lord God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.
Ezekiel 18:20
The soul who sins shall die.

#4 Eternal life is a two stage project. We are all in the first stage, some will be turned to spirit when Christ returns. All who have died so far are sleeping until the first resurrection. No one is burning in Hell.

John 3:13 No one has ever gone into heaven except the one who came from heaven—the Son of Man.
Ecclesiastes 9:5 For the living know that they will die, but the dead know nothing; they have no further reward, and even their name is forgotten.
Ecclesiastes 9:10 Whatever your hand finds to do, do it with all your might, for in the realm of the dead, where you are going, there is neither working nor planning nor knowledge nor wisdom.
Psalm 6:5 Among the dead no one proclaims your name. Who praises you from the grave?
Isaiah 26:14 They are now dead, they live no more; their spirits do not rise. You punished them and brought them to ruin; you wiped out all memory of them.
Isaiah 26:19 But your dead will live, Lord; their bodies will rise— let those who dwell in the dust wake up and shout for joy— your dew is like the dew of the morning; the earth will give birth to her dead.
Luke 20:36 and they can no longer die; for they are like the angels. They are God’s children, since they are children of the resurrection.
1 Corinthians:44 If there is a natural body, there is also a spiritual body. 45 So it is written: “The first man Adam became a living being”[f]; the last Adam, a life-giving spirit. 46 The spiritual did not come first, but the natural, and after that the spiritual. 47 The first man was of the dust of the earth; the second man is of heaven. 48 As was the earthly man, so are those who are of the earth; and as is the heavenly man, so also are those who are of heaven. 49 And just as we have borne the image of the earthly man, so shall we[g] bear the image of the heavenly man.

#5 Eternal life is a gift. Nobody has it yet. The first to receive it will be the ones who are in the first resurrection. God does not give eternal life to everyone. There are some he will have to kill,

Matthew 10:28 Do not be afraid of those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. Rather, be afraid of the One who can destroy both soul and body in hell.

Romans 6:23For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.
Luke 11:13
If you then, who are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will the heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to those who ask him!”
Acts 8:15
The two went down and prayed for them that they might receive the Holy Spirit
Acts 8:17
Then Peter and John laid their hands on them, and they received the Holy Spirit.
2 Timothy 1:14
Guard the good treasure entrusted to you, with the help of the Holy Spirit living in us.
Acts 5:32
And we are witnesses to these things, and so is the Holy Spirit whom God has given to those who obey him.”
Acts 8:19
saying, “Give me also this power so that anyone on whom I lay my hands may receive the Holy Spirit.”

#6 God the father and Jesus are spirit beings. Their spirit can flow back and forth, into and out of people. This spirit is the only thing that people may have, that is immortal. Would God torture some of his own spirit forever in Hell?

Numbers 11:25
Then the Lord came down in the cloud and spoke to him, and took some of the spirit that was on him and put it on the seventy elders; and when the spirit rested upon them, they prophesied. But they did not do so again.
Numbers 11:17
I will come down and talk with you there; and I will take some of the spirit that is on you and put it on them; and they shall bear the burden of the people along with you so that you will not bear it all by yourself.
Numbers 11:29
But Moses said to him, “Are you jealous for my sake? Would that all the Lord’s people were prophets, and that the Lord would put his spirit on them!”
Psalm 51:11
Do not cast me away from your presence, and do not take your holy spirit from me.
Ezekiel 36:27
I will put my spirit within you, and make you follow my statutes and be careful to observe my ordinances.
Ezekiel 39:29
and I will never again hide my face from them, when I pour out my spirit upon the house of Israel, says the Lord God.
Joel 2:29
Even on the male and female slaves, in those days, I will pour out my spirit.
Acts 11:15
And as I began to speak, the Holy Spirit fell upon them just as it had upon us at the beginning.
1 Corinthians 6:19
Or do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit within you, which you have from God, and that you are not your own?

#7 God will destroy everything unclean with the lake of fire. This fire burns forever until everything is burned up, not forever as in all of eternity. When the fire is finished there will be a new beginning.

Revelation 20:14
Then death and Hades were thrown into the lake of fire. The lake of fire is the second death.
Revelation 20:15
Anyone whose name was not found written in the book of life was thrown into the lake of fire.

Malachi 4:3
And you shall tread down the wicked, for they will be ashes under the soles of your feet, on the day when I act, says the Lord of hosts.

Revelation 21:4
‘He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death’ or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away.”

no photo
Tue 05/26/15 08:46 AM

Can anyone please help find the answer that has always been on my mind for so long?

Why is there so much violence in Islam?

I hear some adherents say it is a religion of peace but all that happens world-wide is the exact opposite!

From the little bit I have read about Islam, I have concluded this. Abraham is a central figure in Islam, Judaism and Christianity. God promised Abraham and his decendants many blessings, including the "Holy Land". Being an old man he was worried about having children and he "jumped the gun" and had a child, Ishmael, from his servant girl. Ishmael's descendants are mostly the present Arab nations. Later his wife became pregnant and had Isaac, who had Jacob, who changed his name to Israel.
The firstborn then is Ishmael from the servant girl. (illegitimate)? OR Isaac born from his wife.
So who are the birthright descendants of Abraham, Arab's or Israel. The battle rages for thousands of years

no photo
Mon 05/25/15 06:33 AM
Pentecost has come and gone for another year. I find it interesting that Biblical festivals we are commanded to keep receive no attention. The Pagan ones are celebrated worldwide.

no photo
Sat 05/23/15 08:58 PM

what is indecent in humans is not the fault of religion,, it would exist within any ideoloty

allegiance to a country, allegiance to an ideal or a symbol,, allegiance is the name in which people do awful things

religion can be something people feel allegiance to, but its not the root of their indecency towards one another,,,

I agree.

no photo
Sat 05/23/15 08:56 PM

Religion is like a mothers womb that gave birth to everything spiritual in this world.And society without religion is nothing but a herd of wild beasts,that although endowed with reason,is always ready to slaughter and destroy.
I dont believe we can have an advanced civilization without notions of God,souls immortality and future life.But thats just my opinion. :smile:
i do not agree with your reasoning .. we have all seen how religion can be and is used as a means to slaughter .

People will use whatever they can find to slaughter, pillage and plunder. Ever since the first caveman found a bigger club.

no photo
Fri 05/22/15 08:41 AM
“Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.”
― Henry Ford

no photo
Fri 05/22/15 08:22 AM
Crossed post or got off on the wrong foot somewhere. Have a good day!

no photo
Fri 05/22/15 08:13 AM

I don't give a chit how he died or who killed him.
As long as the bastard is dead who cares.

They should have wrapped him in a blanket soaked with pigs blood.

After watching the u tube video on WT7 I don't know what to think. Maybe this

Mark 13:20

And unless the Lord had shortened those days, no flesh would be saved; but for the elect’s sake, whom He chose, He shortened the days.

no photo
Fri 05/22/15 08:03 AM

:angel: Some of you are really screwed now.

You are bad! Are you the one who has been riding the beast all along?flowerforyou

Why, am I bad ? Because I don't act like you ? Are all those in the body the same?
The TRUTH is not bad. I am NOT going to LIE or deceive & say 'everything & everyone is okay'
Or try to recruit, or to save. ONLY Christ can do that.

Not my assignment.
But I will tell people like it is. If necessary. And sometimes it shows who is who. :tongue:
So yes, some are scewed & are not, nothing you can do about it, the seeds have been planted. See you at the reaping.... maybe. :angel:

I thought you were joking about Nero coming back. I was just making a joke. We all have our own opinions. I just think it is obvious that the Beast is a government, the roman government to be exact.

]
Daniel 7:17
‘The four great beasts are four kings that will rise from the earth.
Daniel 7:19
“Then I wanted to know the meaning of the fourth beast, which was different from all the others and most terrifying, with its iron teeth and bronze claws—the beast that crushed and devoured its victims and trampled underfoot whatever was left.
Daniel 7:23
“He gave me this explanation: ‘The fourth beast is a fourth kingdom that will appear on earth. It will be different from all the other kingdoms and will devour the whole earth, trampling it down and crushing it.

no photo
Fri 05/22/15 07:43 AM

Who is the whore of babylon .., There is another theory that Babylon is the Roman Catholic Church :

http://www.end-times-prophecy.org/the-whore-of-babylon.html

If you read the history of the "Holy Roman Empire" it fits. the Roman Empire is the beast the Harlot rides.
the Vatican :angel:

It's so obvious, no wonder they tried to ban reading of the Bible.
Source: Bridging the Gap - Lectio Divina, Religious Education, and the Have-not's by Father John Belmonte, S.J.

ITEM #2 COUNCIL OF TOULOUSE - 1229 A.D.

The Council of Toulouse, which met in November of 1229, about the time of the crusade against the Albigensians, set up a special ecclesiastical tribunal, or court, known as the Inquisition (Lat. inquisitio, an inquiry), to search out and try heretics. Twenty of the forty-five articles decreed by the Council dealt with heretics and heresy. It ruled in part:

Canon 1. We appoint, therefore, that the archbishops and bishops shall swear in one priest, and two or three laymen of good report, or more if they think fit, in every parish, both in and out of cities, who shall diligently, faithfully, and frequently seek out the heretics in those parishes, by searching all houses and subterranean chambers which lie under suspicion. And looking out for appendages or outbuildings, in the roofs themselves, or any other kind of hiding places, all which we direct to be destroyed.

Canon 6. Directs that the house in which any heretic shall be found shall be destroyed.

Canon 14. We prohibit also that the laity should be permitted to have the books of the Old or New Testament; unless anyone from motive of devotion should wish to have the Psalter or the Breviary for divine offices or the hours of the blessed Virgin; but we most strictly forbid their having any translation of these books.

no photo
Fri 05/22/15 06:51 AM

:angel: Some of you are really screwed now.

You are bad! Are you the one who has been riding the beast all along?flowerforyou