Community > Posts By > mightymoe

mightymoe's photo
Sun 08/05/18 03:25 PM
A mysterious large object is floating around outside our solar system and researchers aren't sure exactly what it is - although it could be a rogue planet.

In the first radio-telescope detection of a planetary-mass object beyond our solar system, astronomers have found the strange celestial body has 12.7 times the mass of Jupiter. It doesn't appear to orbit a parent star, however, and is only 20 light-years away from Earth.

"This object is right at the boundary between a planet and a brown dwarf, or 'failed star,' and is giving us some surprises that can potentially help us understand magnetic processes on both stars and planets," study lead astronomer Melodie Kao said.

A brown dwarf is an object too large to be a planet, but isn't big enough to sustain the nuclear fusion of hydrogen in its core that is vital to stars.

The object, which has been named SIMP J01365663+0933473, was first detected in 2016, but was thought to be a brown dwarf. The latest data reveals it's younger than first thought at a relatively youthful 200 million years old, and its mass is smaller, so it could be classified as a planet. Its temperature is also far cooler than the sun, at 825 degrees Celsius. It also has a strong magnetic field, 200 times the strength of Jupiter.

The researchers were able to pick up on the object's magnetic activity using a powerful radio astronomy observatory called the Very Large Array, a National Science Foundation facility in New Mexico.

The methods used suggest the researchers may have "a new way of detecting exoplanets, including the elusive rogue ones not orbiting a parent star," researcher Gregg Hallinan said.

mightymoe's photo
Sat 08/04/18 05:28 AM

One could hardly be seen as senile when their accomplishments are GREATER than those who would view themselves as sane..Crazy... as a fox he is..smile2

one can easily be given credit for ACCOMPLISHMENTS they may not actually have created or caused though

best to stick to what we see and hear DIRECTLY from that person ....
kind of like a president that received a Nobel Peace prize for nothing? Actually, it wasn't for nothing, it was a way they used to gain him more popularity in the world, the same way the liberal media paints Trump bad...

mightymoe's photo
Fri 08/03/18 11:37 AM

As a millennial I find this rather offensive.
was the nap time not long enough?
Good One :laughing: I was born in 1987 and still remember life before WiFi. This is ridiculous.
I was born in 65 and remember before computers ...

mightymoe's photo
Fri 08/03/18 11:30 AM

As a millennial I find this rather offensive.
was the nap time not long enough?

mightymoe's photo
Fri 08/03/18 05:14 AM
Edited by mightymoe on Fri 08/03/18 05:15 AM

Say it's a nice day and you're taking a nice walk somewhere, when out of nowhere, a giant bird swoops down on you from above, grabs you by the arms with its claws, and lifts you right off the ground.

How do you react? Are you scared? Excited? Angry? Happy? Do you try to wriggle free?

(I'm writing a story where this happens to a female character, and I'm curious how other women here would react in that situation.)
yay !!!!!!! a day off work .. wonder where he is taking me :wink:
who said it was a he? Female birds do more hunting than males...

But he's not hunting moe, he's just wanting to take her for a ride.

I like Blondey's explanation.

Or he's a huge bird by day and turns into a prince at nighttime, so he takes her to his castle... where they live happily ever after once she breaks the spell with loves first kiss

bigsmile
the mighty owl is the only male bird worth kissing ..the rest is just lunch...

mightymoe's photo
Thu 08/02/18 08:08 PM

News flash- I voted for Trump because I believed in his views. He wasn't on the the governments payroll, he actually was in the trenches. He made his own decisions, and lived with his own success or failure. He wasn't on the outside looking in like most government employees.

You sir are a liberal. I know this like I know my dog has four legs. Trump has had many successes. Almost as many as obama had failures. If you don't see his accomplishments, then you aren't paying attention, or you are some sort of useless teacher.

Alien tech? Oh, right. Tell me, do you also dress up as some sort superhero in your spare time? Are you a trekky? All you do is make yourself look foolish by claiming that there is some sort alien influence
awww are you having a bad day? Anyone else you want to talk down to? Maybe don't type before you've had that first drink, to take the " edge" off...

mightymoe's photo
Thu 08/02/18 05:39 PM

"you'd be surprised at what those Chinese super spies can do...some of them have alien tech...."

Alien tech, huh? From Mars, or Venus? Is this the same alien tech that sucked out all the brains of Trump supporters?

There is no hope for this country, the idiocy is worse than I thought. I better start working on learning Russian or Mandarin
how come you can't stop talking about Trump supporters? Is that a new phobia?

mightymoe's photo
Thu 08/02/18 04:56 PM

More often than not, a rock is just a rock, a temple is just a temple and people are just people.
I think I like this.

It follows Occam's Razor
As a logical principle, Occam's razor would demand that scientists accept the simplest possible theoretical explanation for existing data.

You can look at a rock and it could be alive but most of the time it is only a rock.
but what about the time it isn't a rock?

mightymoe's photo
Thu 08/02/18 03:16 PM

what is wrong for being horny ? happy
nothing, but she's not... apparently....

mightymoe's photo
Thu 08/02/18 03:08 PM

Thank you for this topic
These are some questions that need an answer.
How is all this intelligence, despite the time lag between them and the age of technology?
What is the purpose of building pyramids?
Why do ancient pharaohs put red mercury in royal graves?
the pyramids were like gas stations, for alien vessels... They're slowly figuring that out

mightymoe's photo
Thu 08/02/18 02:08 PM

Do they have that much trouble creating a fanbase? Biscuits? very sad.
lol...maybe something manly, like the mighty owls....
somethin.
muffin?
even kaiser roll sounds better.

no food sounds very "mighty"....

mightymoe's photo
Thu 08/02/18 01:25 PM
A towering skyscraper of stone built without computers or complex machinery, the Great Pyramid in Egypt has fascinated historians and archeologists for centuries.

A team of German and Russian physicists studying the properties of the Great Pyramid, also known as the Khufu Pyramid, have found that it can concentrate electromagnetic energy inside its hidden chambers and focus the electromagnetic waves into the substrate region, according to a study published in the latest issue of the Journal of Applied Physics.

Built on the plateau of Giza in the third millennium BC by Pharaoh Khufu, the 138.8-meter (455-foot) high Great Pyramid is one of the biggest and tallest structures ever built by man.

Over the past two centuries, scientists have discovered three chambers inside the Great Pyramid with one believed to hold the mummified remains of Pharaoh Khufu himself, another - that of his wife and one thought to be a trap for tomb raiders.

Found inside the corridors leading to the King's Chamber were strange looking canals and structures considered by modern-day scientists to be elements of an ancient "security system" guarding the Pharaoh against desecrators.

According to Andrei Yevlyukhin, an ITMO University research coordinator in St. Petersburg, the Khufu Pyramid and its "cousins" are often attributed all kinds of "magical" properties, including ability to "concentrate cosmic energy" and other unscientific phenomena.

It wasn't until a few years ago, however, that scientists started examining the pyramid's real physical properties looking for previously undiscovered chambers with the help of muon scanners.

Scientists surmised that the Great Pyramid, just like many other man-made objects, could act as a resonator focusing and amplifying waves commensurate with the size of the objects themselves.

In this particular case the researchers were examining waves within the 200-600 meter (656-1,968 feet) range - the wavelength many amateur radio stations work on.

Creating a computer model of the Great Pyramid, the scientists bombarded it with radio waves to see how they would interact with the pyramid as a whole and its elements.

As these calculations have shown, the pyramid will indeed interact with the "amateur" radio waves, accumulating their energy inside the King's Chamber redirecting it to the substrate region where the third chamber is located.

Most of all, it will affect the waves with a length of 333 meters (1,092 feet) and 230 meters (754 feet).

According to the authors, the Great Pyramid and its "brethren" can interact even more strongly with other types of waves, but this remains to be verified.

In addition, the secrets of its structure can be used to create nanoparticles that focus light, not radio waves, which will help in creating light computers and other "gadgets of the future."
http://sputniknews.com/science/201807301066794722-pyramid-radio-waves-study/

mightymoe's photo
Thu 08/02/18 01:11 PM

Dont talk to me if its just a disrespectful topic. No nudes and no to scams! :angry:
that's sweet..flowers

mightymoe's photo
Thu 08/02/18 01:10 PM

Do they have that much trouble creating a fanbase? Biscuits? very sad.
lol...maybe something manly, like the mighty owls....

mightymoe's photo
Thu 08/02/18 01:06 PM

"lol...I guess it never occurred to you he could just listen,or have the car bugged, or just rummage through stuff they leave in the car..."

lol, too many Hollywood movies for you. Maybe the driver will get her DNA off the discarded coffee cup too and be able to build a clone of her, a real Manchurian Candidate... what "stuff" would be left in the car, and when are they going to leave it, when she stops on the way home to go grocery shopping?

Get real

you'd be surprised at what those Chinese super spies can do...some of them have alien tech....

mightymoe's photo
Thu 08/02/18 10:56 AM

"logic? And you bring up some briefcase that no one even mentioned? "

Sorry Moe, didn't mean to move too fast for you. A briefcase is what businessmen or politicians might use to carry documents. If the documents left the office with the senator and were in the car with the driver, they would probably be in a briefcase, a lockbox, a "diplomatic pouch" You are right, no one said briefcase, I made an ASSUMPTION. Sort of like the OP made an assumption that Muller is covering this driver situation up

Maybe they are electronic documents, you say? Then how would a DRIVER have access to them on a PC or server, if he is in the car? Maybe the DRIVER is a hacker too? But in which case, how does it benefit him to be her DRIVER? "Duh, gee."

Logic. Amazing stuff, you really should give it a try!
lol...I guess it never occurred to you he could just listen,or have the car bugged, or just rummage through stuff they leave in the car...

mightymoe's photo
Thu 08/02/18 10:07 AM
Edited by mightymoe on Thu 08/02/18 10:10 AM

I don't know about 8 years of outright lies, but I would agree that the last 2 years of outright lies have been pretty tough to swallow.

You never did answer me: How did the Senator's driver see anything in her briefcase? This is not deflecting, this is your claim, I figured you could back it up

Like I say, logic is the key. And once you use logic, you can't be brainwashed by either side.

This country's current problem is that no one thinks anymore, and are just too lazy to question the lies being served to them. That is how the Russians influenced the election: get enough people saying stupid stuff on social media, and the lazy unthinking folks eventually absorb it from one another, and then they are brainwashed (even the ones too stupid to figure out how to use social media). Make the US people elect a president who is easily outthought by a real politician, and you will get a summit where the US president (who is too clueless to believe he didn't need outside help to win the election) denies his own intelligence agency and publicly kisses your president's ***.

The US is in serious trouble, and only the most brainwashed Kool-aid drinkers still believe Dear leader has an inkling of what he is doing.
logic? And you bring up some briefcase that no one even mentioned?

mightymoe's photo
Thu 08/02/18 08:34 AM
Edited by mightymoe on Thu 08/02/18 08:35 AM

Moe,

To believe FoxNews never lies is juvenile. They are as much biased to one side as other news outlets are to other sides. I mean, Hannity for one is full of it, since his lawyer Cohen is under a microscope right now.

My last line using Dear Leader as an example is to show you how your LOGIC is faulty. But since you mention the Russia connection is made up, how to you explain the documented meetings at Trump Tower, and the changes of tune that the White House seems to keep on doing on the topic? There was something shady going on... was it collusion? I for one don't know yet, but there is already EVIDENCE enough to say something shady was going on.

This is about logic. Putting aside your brainwashed attitude that Dems always lie, I will ask you again: how did a DRIVER get a hold of documents? Think it through.

EVERYBODY (Dems, Reps, Independents, etc) needs to start THINKING. We had two crap candidates in the last election, and people are pulling the lever because they hate the other candidate, not because they truly believe in the person they are voting for.

You truly cannot believe that the Republicans are the party of truth... all politicians lie. Of course, egotistical spoiled brat businessmen lie even more than that, but you will say that is deflecting again.
you have a deluded view of reality... But I guess that comes from believing 8 years of outright lies..

mightymoe's photo
Thu 08/02/18 08:21 AM

makes me wonder how many are going to show up just
so they can jeer, point fingers and make fun of
..."them dad-gum useless snowflakes"...
I know, right? Great advertising gimmick!

mightymoe's photo
Thu 08/02/18 07:20 AM
Edited by mightymoe on Thu 08/02/18 07:24 AM

"did the Democrats tell you he never got any sensitive information? How do you know he didn't?"

Dems didn't have to tell me, FoxNews said it in the article, so we know it MUST be true! I mean, FoxNews NEVER tells a lie.

Again, the guy was a DRIVER. Do you think he gassed his passenger, microfilmed the contents of her briefcase, then dropped her off and no one noticed? Did Feinstein even have sensitive intel in the car he was DRIVING?

Let's turn that around:
"Did Trump tell you he never colluded with Russia before the election? How do you know he didn't?"

See how this stupid stuff works?
talking about 2 completely different things...first off, Trump has absolutely nothing to do with this story, so quit deflecting and stay on topic please...

2nd she hired this guy who had connections where as the Russian collusion lies were fabricated from thin air with no supporting evidence...
The Democrats have been lying for the past 10 years, they wouldn't stop with this...
It's true, Fox news never lies, but they might have been lied too about the story...