Community > Posts By > mightymoe

mightymoe's photo
Sun 09/02/18 09:34 AM
Defendant Jany Leveille (L to R) sits next to her defense lawyer, defendant Siraj Ibn Wahhaj and his defense lawyer

The chief suspect in the case of the New Mexico compound, where 11 children were kept in slum-like conditions, sought to build an army of child recruits to carry out jihad, according to an FBI interview with one of the victims.

Siraj Ibn Wahhaj, 37, who was arrested by the FBI and charged with child abuse resulting in the death of his three-year-old son Abdul Ghani, dreamt of turning the children into an army by training them for a religious war against non-believers.

That's according to an FBI interview with a 13-year-old boy who was among the 11 children Wahhaj and his associates kept in wretched conditions for months at a desert compound in Amalia, New Mexico. The interview is included in the agency's affidavit in support of the criminal complaint filed against five adults with hardline Islamist views, and cited by Reuters.

The boy claims that Wahhaj, the son of a prominent Brooklyn imam, was training him and the other children to handle firearms. The training also included specific techniques, like rapid reload and hand-to-hand combat. He then encouraged children to commit jihad, defining it as killing on behalf of Allah.

The 13-year old also revealed some details about his mother's bizarre behavior, telling FBI agents that she believes she receives orders from God. The 'exorcism' ritual that she and Wahhaj performed on three-year-old Abdul Ghani, which killed him, was approved by the Lord, she claimed.

The toddler's severely decomposed body was found by police in a tunnel near the compound. The 13-year old said the adults told him to never mention that the deceased boy had ever been on the compound, since it would mean prison sentences for all of them.

Siraj Ibn Wahhaj, his two siblings, Hujrah Wahhaj and Subhanah Wahhaj, his girlfriend Janny Leveille, and one Lucas Morton, were all arrested by the FBI on Friday, days after child abuse charges against all of them were dropped by the judge. The charges against Wahhaj and Leveille relating to Abdul Ghani's death remain, however.

The FBI charged Leveille, a Haitian national who has overstayed her US visa by 20 years, with unlawful firearms possession and being an illegal alien in the US, while the other four defendants were named as her co-conspirators and abettors.

Wahhaj was previously described by local law enforcement as "an extremist of the Muslim belief." Writings seized from the compound and accounts of the children that had lived through the ordeal suggest that members of the extended family were fascinated by the prospect of blowing themselves up in the name of God.

One of the notes found at the compound is titled "Phases of a Terrorist Attack" and offers guidelines to "the one-time terrorist" and suggests an "ideal" place to commit a terrorist attack. Prosecutors' earlier interviews with the children revealed that both Leveille and Subhannah Wahhaj talked about dying in jihad, while Morton said he dreamed of being killed in a "holy war."

The prosecution previously argued that the firearms training could have served a more specific purpose - to repel a potential FBI raid and possibly commit a school shooting.

Despite mounting evidence, no terrorism charges have been brought against the suspects who remain in custody and are due in court on Tuesday. The defense, meanwhile, argues that the defendants have been discriminated against because of their race and religious beliefs, arguing for their right to bear firearms as well as practice whatever religion they want.

http://www.sott.net/article/394953-13-year-old-New-Mexico-compound-victim-says-children-were-trained-to-wage-jihad

mightymoe's photo
Sun 09/02/18 05:21 AM

UNARMED MEN AND WOMEN (regardless of race) might partially have the actions of one brave man to thank ...

Wow!.. I would like to thank that man too!... who is it?

MIGHT PARTIALLY have the actions of ..

Kaepernick, perhaps that same publicity that made NFL feel pressure to exclude him, made authorities feel pressure to take another look at their practices regarding unarmed suspects.

unarmed or not, everyone has to follow police orders when being detained...
I just watched a video where the police shot an unarmed white guy, someone they weren't looking for...the police stopped at his house looking for another dude, and he wouldn't let them in without a warrant... As he shut the door, the cops kicked it in and tased the guy, and the guy tried to grab the taser... The cop shot him 8 times while he laid on his porch, right in front of his three kids.... Where's Collin on that one? Oh, but it's black lives matter, not all lives matter...

http://youtu.be/ZdNHOfuIyLs

If he knew about or was asked about it, I would predict he would be where he is on police brutality and has been since he risked his livelihood...

it is disproportionate for unarmed black men, probably because of the implicit bias that frames them as more dangerous out the gate

but the killing of unarmed people should not be acceptable just because someone had a badge and felt a threat, when threat can be something as little as someone trying not to get tased, especially.

Colin is a advocate against police brutality, right?

So where was he last month when that black cop was beating the living hell out of that unarmed defensless black guy in Baltimore. Beat him to the ground and then kept on punching him in the head. The video was all over the new and web. That video was the poster child of police brutality

Not a peep from Colin .. or now that I think about it any self proclaimed defender of the black people on police brutality..BLM..ect.

So is it just white cops that Colin and groups like BLM will protest about..they look the other way and are quiet when it is a black cop?
of course, it's alawys been a racist movement...but come to think of it, I haven't heard anything from Collin except about suing the NFL ... Is he not protesting anymore, or is that for only on the football field?

mightymoe's photo
Sun 09/02/18 05:15 AM

There were some instances where the woman did not pay his half and that's the crimes he was charged for, I beleive.

yea, I'm just trying to figure out why he got 7 felonies....that's serious, not like a misdemeanor.... I know this pig should pay for what he did, but felonies seems a bit much, IMO...

mightymoe's photo
Sat 09/01/18 04:31 PM

UNARMED MEN AND WOMEN (regardless of race) might partially have the actions of one brave man to thank ...

Kaepernick, perhaps that same publicity that made NFL feel pressure to exclude him, made authorities feel pressure to take another look at their practices regarding unarmed suspects.

I just watched a video where the police shot an unarmed white guy, someone they weren't looking for...the police stopped at his house looking for another dude, and he wouldn't let them in without a warrant... As he shut the door, the cops kicked it in and tased the guy, and the guy tried to grab the taser... The cop shot him 8 times while he laid on his porch, right in front of his three kids.... Where's Collin on that one? Oh, but it's black lives matter, not all lives matter...

If he knew about or was asked about it, I would predict he would be where he is on police brutality and has been since he risked his livelihood...

it is disproportionate for unarmed black men, probably because of the implicit bias that frames them as more dangerous out the gate

but the killing of unarmed people should not be acceptable just because someone had a badge and felt a threat, when threat can be something as little as someone trying not to get tased, especially.

the quote you posted was everything but white ... So I have to call BS here...

so? If I stand up for breast cancer, would that mean I didnt care about lung cancer? People can speak up for a specific issue but still care about the broader issues surrounding it.
lung cancer is not breast cancer...ya know, men get breast cancer too .. so why is it all pink?

mightymoe's photo
Sat 09/01/18 04:29 PM

so? If I stand up for breast cancer, would that mean I didnt care about lung cancer? People can speak up for a specific issue but still care about the broader issues surrounding it.

No, it's racist and you can't even see it ..but whatever, not a big surprise coming from you...

mightymoe's photo
Sat 09/01/18 04:23 PM

Read the original post. It explains the charges. whoa
no it doesn't..it just lists the charges without explaing why...whoa maybe in your infinite wisdom you can explain why he has been charged with 7 felonies...so, are you going to continue with your condescending attitude or try to chat like a normal person?

mightymoe's photo
Sat 09/01/18 03:35 PM
I'm still unclear why he's being charged... Did those women not eat?

mightymoe's photo
Sat 09/01/18 03:25 PM

mightymoe's photo
Sat 09/01/18 03:22 PM

Is there a rule they have to play the national anthem? Maybe if they stop playing it, it would solve itself...

I agree with that. It was only introduced during the second war to stir up support for the troops. It's time has passed and it should go back to being about the sport.

or if fans want it, they should keep it for those who WANT to do it, without it being mandatory.
actually, I agree with you about the forcing part... nobody should be forced to do something they don't want... But at the same time, there's no other country in the world he could have made that money in...he should be a happier about that... I mean, he made it to the top, a starting QB in the NFL, a position millions of people dream about, and it wasn't good enough for him...

I dont think he was protesting his pay. There have always been very well paid people in this country. It says alot to me when despite their piece of the pie, they stand up for others who have not been as fortunate.

where are you libs coming up with these extra words? Nobody said he was protesting his pay.... try reading it as I wrote it ..

I did. I was responding to this:

no other country in the world where he could have made that money in

... and it wasnt good enough for him

There is no indication that his pay wasnt good enough, as he was not disputing his salary(that I know of). The kneeling was a reaction to social issues not his personal income.

I didn't know he was getting paid to pursue social issues... But that aside, he wasn't getting paid 50 million dollars to be a SJW, they paid him to win games... And my point was, had this idiot been in ANY OTHER COUNTRY, he would have never got that money...

mightymoe's photo
Sat 09/01/18 03:11 PM

Well you want to piss off your boss. Disrupt business ..you get let go.
Others in the industry ( and it is a industry) see what you did and they don't want you doing it while they are paying you. So you don't get hired
Nothing new with that..business 101
My advice to him:
Buy a Popeye's franchise before all your money is gone..which will be soon ..because either you owe one or in a year or so you will be working the drive thru window at one
He'd done..out of the game too long and tainted..by his own doing
Hope your personal protest was worth the unemployment, Colin
You da man !! Lol

not buying it. This man was not the only one to 'disrupt business'. how many of the others were cut out?

Ray Rice...sued the NFL and won, but will still never wear a NFL uniform again... And he was way better than Collin...

I dont think the NFL any longer deserves Colin. I just want him to win the suit to send the message that certain types of retaliation against people's livelihoods for exercising free expression wont be tolerated.

he probably will...but that doesn't mean he'll have a job when it's over...no NFL team wants him, already been proven..

nothing worthwhile is ever achieved without sacrifice!!!

and,SOMETIMES,SOME people are willing to place their values above their own personal gain!

THOSE are the people who you know actually believe that what they are fighting for is the right thing,because they are willing to SACRIFICE something of value to try to make it happen.

that is A LOT different than all of these people who CLAIM that they believe in something,but aren't willing to try to do anything that might cost them something to try to make it happen,except spout off a few cheap,and empty words.

but,the people of integrity who are willing to SACRIFICE are the ones who actually change the world!!

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

lol...yea, he changed the world....that's why he's jobless right now...

but,it was for a cause that HE truly believes is worth it,because HE isn't small minded,and one dimensional,like SOME people are,who cant see past their own small world that they have imprisoned themselves in!

[PLUS,he doesn't NEED a job to survive,since he was paid over $12 MILLION DOLLARS,JUST in 2016,not to mention over $50 MILLION DOLLARS MORE that HE WAS PAID off of the contract he signed in 2014,and has GIVEN AWAY MILLIONS of dollars out of his own pocket to charity,so..do you REALLY think that HE is the 'jobless loser' you are trying to pretend that he is??]
[I wish I was a 'jobless loser' like him!!!]
laugh

Colin Kaepernick recently bought a brand new Lamborghini luxury car for $450,000

yes, yes, disrespect the country that allowed for you to have the opportunities you do.

the voice of the downtrodden.... the hero of the less fortunate..... Lol.

so all that matters is what the country 'allows' you to do, in spite of what it may do to others?

interesting.

is it 'disrespect' then when certain people at the top feel they should get tax breaks instead of investing in the country that 'allowed' them their wealth?

Is that what he is protesting.. tax breaks?, or is that just a spin off to another subject?

btw,, exactly what is he protesting?

no, he wasnt protesting tax breaks. but Im addressing the argument that based on the good fortune the country 'allows' him, he should just play along nicely.

a sentiment not felt for those elite who can get tax loopholes and avoid taxes completely regardless of how the country 'allowed' them to become so wealthy.

what K. was protesting?

according to him:
"I am not going to stand up to show pride in a flag for a country that oppresses black people and people of color," Kaepernick told NFL Media in an exclusive interview after the game. "To me, this is bigger than football and it would be selfish on my part to look the other way. There are bodies in the street and people getting paid leave and getting away with murder."
good for him...now he has a lot of free time to pursue this rightious cause...

mightymoe's photo
Sat 09/01/18 03:05 PM

mightymoe's photo
Sat 09/01/18 02:56 PM

Is there a rule they have to play the national anthem? Maybe if they stop playing it, it would solve itself...

I agree with that. It was only introduced during the second war to stir up support for the troops. It's time has passed and it should go back to being about the sport.

or if fans want it, they should keep it for those who WANT to do it, without it being mandatory.
actually, I agree with you about the forcing part... nobody should be forced to do something they don't want... But at the same time, there's no other country in the world he could have made that money in...he should be a happier about that... I mean, he made it to the top, a starting QB in the NFL, a position millions of people dream about, and it wasn't good enough for him...

I dont think he was protesting his pay. There have always been very well paid people in this country. It says alot to me when despite their piece of the pie, they stand up for others who have not been as fortunate.

where are you libs coming up with these extra words? Nobody said he was protesting his pay.... try reading it as I wrote it ..

mightymoe's photo
Sat 09/01/18 01:13 PM

mightymoe's photo
Sat 09/01/18 01:05 PM

okay, well thats 4.1 million workers without an extra dollar or two, so we cut 10 million

now, if he also freezed raises for congress, imagine how much more we can cut, lets see if congress puts either suggestion through or makes the counter suggestion in the name of saving money come time to vote ...

and while we are so financially needy, why not cut back on the Mar A Lago trips too, which equate to about 3 million EACH TRIP

yes,, save that money ...

so we can tell the hypocrites from the genuine
wow...it was ok when Obama when Obama spent 30 million dollars on a trip, but Trump can't spend 3 million?...whoa

mightymoe's photo
Sat 09/01/18 01:01 PM

mightymoe's photo
Sat 09/01/18 12:57 PM

The NFL wouldn't be going through this if kaep was white. Do you deny it? A white man can be fired when his work performance isn't up to standard but blacks play the race card.

We will know when it happens. Kaepernick was ranked 29 out of the top 100 quarterbacks.

Which of the 70 qbs ranking below Kaepernick in 2016 were let go after ?

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/2016/passing.htm
ummm...you should check your data...in 2016, according to the site you posted, Collin was dead last of all starting qb's...there's only 29 teams in the NFL....

32, and each has 2 to 4 quarterbacks

http://www.nfl.com/teams

ok, but only one QB starts...so your great QB is 3rd to dead last...doesn't matter how you try to spin this, 29th out of 32 just sucks...

mightymoe's photo
Sat 09/01/18 12:54 PM

Others in the industry ( and it is a industry) see what you did and they don't want you doing it while they are paying you. So you don't get hired
My advice to him:
Buy a Popeye's franchise before all your money is gone..which will be soon ..because either you owe one or in a year or so you will be working the drive thru window at one
You da man !! Lol

not buying it. This man was not the only one to 'disrupt business'. how many of the others were cut out?

Ray Rice...sued the NFL and won, but will still never wear a NFL uniform again... And he was way better than Collin...

I dont think the NFL any longer deserves Colin. I just want him to win the suit to send the message that certain types of retaliation against people's livelihoods for exercising free expression wont be tolerated.

he probably will...but that doesn't mean he'll have a job when it's over...no NFL team wants him, already been proven..

and,SOMETIMES,SOME people are willing to place their values above their own personal gain!

THOSE are the people who you know actually believe that what they are fighting for is the right thing,because they are willing to SACRIFICE something of value to try to make it happen.

that is A LOT different than all of these people who CLAIM that they believe in something,but aren't willing to try to do anything that might cost them something to try to make it happen,except spout off a few cheap,and empty words.

but,the people of integrity who are willing to SACRIFICE are the ones who actually change the world!!

but,it was for a cause that HE truly believes is worth it,because HE isn't small minded,and one dimensional,like SOME people are,who cant see past their own small world that they have imprisoned themselves in!

[PLUS,he doesn't NEED a job to survive,since he was paid over $12 MILLION DOLLARS,JUST in 2016,not to mention over $50 MILLION DOLLARS MORE that HE WAS PAID off of the contract he signed in 2014,and has GIVEN AWAY MILLIONS of dollars out of his own pocket to charity,so..do you REALLY think that HE is the 'jobless loser' you are trying to pretend that he is??]
laugh

I never said "loser", that was you... Whatever, he was a third rate QB, at best...I never disliked the guy, but there's a time and place for everything.... evidently, that wasn't the time or place....

Well,WHO decided what the 'proper' 'time and place' was for him to make a stand for what he believed in???

seems like the ONLY person who can make that decision for Colin Kaepernick IS Colin Kaepernick,since HE is the one who made it,and was willing to sacrifice his career for it,because HE believed it was the right thing to do!

SOME people might not agree with him,but it is not THEIR call to make,since it was HIS career!

well, that's just stupid to say since he doesn't have a job... And it's not your call to make either ... Are you saying that nobody should have an opinion on this? If so, what does it mean when you're blabbing your opinion?

mightymoe's photo
Sat 09/01/18 11:44 AM

My advice to him:
You da man !! Lol

laugh

I never said "loser", that was you... Whatever, he was a third rate QB, at best...I never disliked the guy, but there's a time and place for everything.... evidently, that wasn't the time or place....

mightymoe's photo
Sat 09/01/18 10:25 AM
I guess killing and raping of other countries resources (afganistan) are more important...:angry:

mightymoe's photo
Sat 09/01/18 09:42 AM

I guess 500 billion dollars a year for war makes more sense than learning about space...or the oceans for that matter...

Wars are not effective at reducing over-population.
Right now there are (roughly) 7.5 billion people on Earth.
WW2 killed 56,125,162–85,000,000 people.
Even at 85 million its not enough.
Then you have to consider, to get higher numbers cities would have to be nuked, which ruins the planet with radiation.

7,646,933,000 (and counting)
~~~~~~~~~~~~
Not a very high percentage at all.

What war does is make rich powerful people richer and more powerful.
It can jumpstart and economy but over-population makes that a temporary fix so more wars are needed to re-jumpstart it again and again.
Does anyone actually think modern wars are about freedom or justice?
They are about power and money.

What is sad is the fact that most people don't want to think about over-population.
Nothing will be done until its in everyone's faces and affecting everything.
Then people will see 10 or 12 billion people and wonder why NASA and ESA don't have the ability to build a safe space habitat or start a colony on the Moon or Mars.
Then there will be a push for space exodus that will be rushed and more people will die than needed from the fact that the ball is not really a ball yet.

NASA's FY 2011 budget of $18.4 billion represented about 0.5% of the $3.4 trillion United States federal budget during that year, or about 35% of total spending on academic scientific research in the United States.
0.5% is less than a penny on the dollar (0.005) so one half of a penny of your tax dollar goes to space advancement.

The budget funds four branches of the U.S. military: the Army, Marine Corps, Navy, and Air Force. In FY 2017, the Congressional Budget Office reported spending of $590 billion for defense, about 15% of the federal budget. For the FY 2019 president Donald Trump proposed an increase to the military to $681.1 billion.

Imagine what could be done if the budgets were reversed?
that's my point.... What war needs all that money? Are we in a war?

1 2 3 4 5 7 9 10 11 24 25