Community > Posts By > seaworthy1963

no photo
Wed 06/04/08 08:57 AM

Carter is the perfect example of electing an inexperienced president just because of voter discord.......Geez, maybe he did learn something from all the problems he didn't solve while president.laugh laugh laugh

Reagan cut a deal with the Iranians, or they wouldn't have released the hostages just after he got elected!

And John McCain criticizes Barack Obama because he's willing to try to negotiate with the Iranians!

http://www.slate.com/id/2192819/

One of Reagan's famous phrases was 'Trust, but verify!'

Remember, there are a lot of people in Iran who do not agree with Ahmadinejad.

He may have some power, but he's not the only person who decides how things get done in Iran!

Reagan cut no deal to free the American hostages held 444 days in Iran by the Ayatollah. Iran feared Reagan. They did not fear Carter.

Carter refused to permit American athletes to go to Moscow in 1980 to compete in the Olympics in response to the Soviet Union's invasion of Afghanistan. And Afghanistan remained under Soviet control. Reagan supplied Stinger missiles and the Soviets were defeated. (I know, I know, Hollywood is trying to claim some left wing Democrat was responsible for funding the Mujahadeen. False. It was Reagan on the advice of William Casey. But that is Hollywood folks; revisionist history. The Democrats actually stood int eh way of our foreign policy in the 80s, just like they are today.)

I can still hear the speech: Reagan in Berlin: "Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall." And the wall came down.

no photo
Wed 06/04/08 08:51 AM

Jimmy Carter is set to endorse Barack Obama. That is one endorsement I'd say, "thanks, but no thanks" to. Double digit inflation, double digit interest rates (remember the misery index?), 444 days of hostages being held by a Third World band of Islamic fascists, and a Congress led by Democrats and a White House led by a Democrat who couldn't get anything done.

Endorse on Jimmy; endorse on!
ABSOLUTELY!

What about his accomplishments since he left office, like Habitat for Humanity, which has helped many poor people gain home ownership?

Can you name one Republican President who has done so much for so many after they left office?

I don't really care about what a President does AFTER he leaves office. I care about what he does when he is IN office. And Jimmy Carter was an abject failure as a President. I would submit he was one of the worst Presidents ever. Ergo, what he says now must be measured against what he did in office.

Let him go pound a hammer; tell him to stay out of American foreign policy, e.g., meeting with Hamas/Hezbollah.

no photo
Wed 06/04/08 08:48 AM

No one knows how much oil is in ANWR, it could be minimal, like just millions of gallons, and would be used up in a short time.

So, drilling in ANWR for a thimbleful of oil won't solve our long-term gas price problems.

=========

You may hear that developing ANWR is not necessary since it only provides a six month supply of oil. Some say this is misleading; I think it's dishonest. ANWR, in the average case of 10 billion barrels of reserves, will produce a million barrels of oil a day for over twenty-five years. It will help offset our current 57% oil import rate. It will keep the Trans Alaska Pipeline System (TAPS) running for many more years thus encouraging additional investment in exploration and production in Alaska. TAPS is currently flowing at less than half of its 2.2 million barrels per day capacity and can easily accommodate production from ANWR.

http://www.anwr.org/archives/1002_is_where_the_oils_at.php

I've been to the same site you went to.

That's where I got the information that, since no one has ever drilled there, no one knows how much oil is there.

Everything else is just speculation.

With this attitude we would still be living in caves and wondering if we had enough firewood to cook the raw meat we would be hunting.

The private sector, with the hopes of making profits and the risk of having losses, will best enable us to put cheaper gas in our cars and heat our homes in the winter. The government has never ever done this. And, I would submit, never can.

no photo
Wed 06/04/08 08:46 AM

No one knows how much oil is in ANWR, it could be minimal, like just millions of gallons, and would be used up in a short time.

So, drilling in ANWR for a thimbleful of oil won't solve our long-term gas price problems.

=========

You may hear that developing ANWR is not necessary since it only provides a six month supply of oil. Some say this is misleading; I think it's dishonest. ANWR, in the average case of 10 billion barrels of reserves, will produce a million barrels of oil a day for over twenty-five years. It will help offset our current 57% oil import rate. It will keep the Trans Alaska Pipeline System (TAPS) running for many more years thus encouraging additional investment in exploration and production in Alaska. TAPS is currently flowing at less than half of its 2.2 million barrels per day capacity and can easily accommodate production from ANWR.

http://www.anwr.org/archives/1002_is_where_the_oils_at.php

Man, I love facts. Open ANWR now! Open Federal lands in the west now! Open drilling off the coasts now! All these actions will ease the pain at the pump and enable us to heat our homes in the winter at cheaper prices. Do not believe the babble perpetrated by the Left about the climate. Remember, the same people who are claiming global warming proclaimed global COOLING in the 1970s.

no photo
Wed 06/04/08 08:43 AM

The one i've used:

250grams of chick peas
juice of 2 lemons
3 cloves of garlic
1dl litre of olive oil
1 teaspoon of hot groundpaprika powder
salt
parsley

first you soak the peas for 8-10 hours.Then you cook the peas in salted water and cool them.You remove the skins from the peas,and put all the ingredients to a mixer except parsley and mix.Then you add the cut parsley.

: )

Tahini is seasame seeds made into a paste.

Thank you Toni! You don't use Tahini? I've ready several recipes and they call for that but I dont even know what it IS!

no photo
Tue 06/03/08 03:19 PM

love
love love love love love love love love love love :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: love love love love love love love love love :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue:

****, not fast enough

no photo
Tue 06/03/08 03:19 PM

love
love love love love love love love love love love :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: love love love love love love love love love :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue:

no photo
Tue 06/03/08 03:17 PM

damn all i got are ankle socks i need a tube sock.....bigsmile

You can do the tube sock boogie.

no photo
Tue 06/03/08 03:16 PM

my cat will lick obsessively! i think it's affection

When I lick obsessively it is affection.

no photo
Tue 06/03/08 03:13 PM

....If i striped down and ran around with a sock around my c*ck?

A white sock or a colored sock?

no photo
Tue 06/03/08 03:12 PM

grew out of that by 19...

same here......was a waste of time and money for me......and got tired of having to hide every time i wanted to lit up somewhere

And the munchies!

no photo
Tue 06/03/08 03:05 PM
Hey bud, let's party.

no photo
Tue 06/03/08 03:04 PM

another win for the republicans:angry:

if you like gas at $4.00 a gallon,wait til mccain fukks things up worsesick

GOP has nothing to do with $4.00 gas. Demand (China and India) has outgrown supply.

Had we drilled in ANWR like the GOP wanted to do in '94 we would have have more supply. Democrat Bill Clinton vetoed that bill.

Take a class in Econ 101.

no photo
Tue 06/03/08 02:52 PM

Yeah McCain is way capable of taking charge of this country..............Wow why didnt we have all POWS as candidates.................he is freakin creepy as they come.................drinker drinker

Such a disparaging remark about someone who served.

What has Barack Obama done? Organized leftist community groups? Been elected to the Senate? He is ill-prepared, no, unprepared to assume the presidency.

Who is trully capable of actually taking on the presidency without first coming into office...........You are ignorant to think that Bush was prepared to be a president and take care of the 911 and other natural disasters that have occured in the recent years.............

You know what Obama is a change in the right direction and obviously we as a society are done with the hypocrites of this country they only good for is reaping benefits on the hands of the hard working Americans and we have nothing to show for it but high gas prices...........You need to wake up unless you have a degree in an Ivy League school and your daddy paid for it then kudos for requiring that you need experience when you are president but if you are not get ready for change its coming and its going to feel damn good.................flowerforyou flowerforyou

Since 9/11 have we been attacked?

When did the planning for 9/11 take place?

What about the WTC bombing in Feb 1993?

Obama is simply more government.

no photo
Tue 06/03/08 02:50 PM

All I know is Bill left us with a record surplus and a booming economy and George is leaving us with a record deficit and a failing economy. I can't see giving another Republican a chance to screw things up further.

I so agree.flowerforyou

Bill left you no such thing. You got that from a Republican congress. The President doesn't make law. He enforces it. The GOP congress passed the laws to get you the surplus.

Also, Bill left you with the WTC bombing in Feb 1993; the bombing of our embassies in Africa; the bombing of the U.S.S. Cole. Let's see, what else: A nuclear North Korea. He permitted bin Laden to go to Afghanistan.

Bill Clinton gave us very little; he enjoyed the peace dividend left over by Ronald Reagan.

no photo
Tue 06/03/08 02:46 PM
Strap in! This post is going to get real interesting!

no photo
Tue 06/03/08 02:44 PM

is what the voice inside my mouth is saying...

What about the voice inside your mind?

those are my friends...

I need to get some voices in my mind.

no photo
Tue 06/03/08 02:41 PM

is what the voice inside my mouth is saying...

What about the voice inside your mind?

no photo
Tue 06/03/08 02:36 PM
I don't think it can electrocute you but it can poke your eye out.

no photo
Tue 06/03/08 02:32 PM
Hey, don't put down sparkle lip gloss. It helps you find yourself when you need to pee in the dark.

2 4 5 6 7 8 9 24 25