Community > Posts By > seaworthy1963

no photo
Fri 06/06/08 04:56 AM
We have a two-party system. That is what the founding fathers designed. There will be no Independent candidates because they will have no bastion of support to rely upon to get out the vote.

Do you want big government (McCain) or bigger government (Obama).

Again, secure your wallets.

no photo
Fri 06/06/08 04:54 AM

Carter is the perfect example of electing an inexperienced president just because of voter discord.......Geez, maybe he did learn something from all the problems he didn't solve while president.laugh laugh laugh

Reagan cut a deal with the Iranians, or they wouldn't have released the hostages just after he got elected!

And John McCain criticizes Barack Obama because he's willing to try to negotiate with the Iranians!

http://www.slate.com/id/2192819/

One of Reagan's famous phrases was 'Trust, but verify!'

Remember, there are a lot of people in Iran who do not agree with Ahmadinejad.

He may have some power, but he's not the only person who decides how things get done in Iran!

Reagan cut no deal to free the American hostages held 444 days in Iran by the Ayatollah. Iran feared Reagan. They did not fear Carter.

Carter refused to permit American athletes to go to Moscow in 1980 to compete in the Olympics in response to the Soviet Union's invasion of Afghanistan. And Afghanistan remained under Soviet control. Reagan supplied Stinger missiles and the Soviets were defeated. (I know, I know, Hollywood is trying to claim some left wing Democrat was responsible for funding the Mujahadeen. False. It was Reagan on the advice of William Casey. But that is Hollywood folks; revisionist history. The Democrats actually stood int eh way of our foreign policy in the 80s, just like they are today.)

I can still hear the speech: Reagan in Berlin: "Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall." And the wall came down.

Ridiculous incorrect revisionist history.

Reagan had little to do with the wall coming down.

The Soviet Union had simply run out of money after years of overspending on their military.

And they realized it was time for a change.

Gorbachev had more to do with Soviet Union reforms and the wall coming down than Reagan.

Yet starry-eyed Republican Reagan admirers all buy the bullcrap spewed by talking head neocons instead of what actually happened.

That's why they trotted out Mitt Romney, hoping to resurrect Reagan's tired old ghost to lead us to the promised land.

Thank God McCain beat him.

Even McCain is better than that tree stump.

I laugh at the comment Reagan had nothing to do with it. Everyone said Reagan was dangerous; he would cause WWIII. He rebuilt our military, deployed missiles in Europe over strong left wing protests, funded freedom fighters from Nicaragua to Afghanistan, and called the Soviets for what they were: an evil empire.

Who would have thunk it in 1980 that the Soviet Union would collapse? No one.

Go to You Tube and play the Reagan's speech at the gate. The call of freedom; the idea that man is free.

"Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall." Hell, even Reagan's own State Department didn't want him to say this line.

LA, LA, LA, LA, LA!

(Conservative with his ears plugged despite overwhelming evidence to the contrary.)

And to think liberals are the poster child for political correctness. It is only the left that squashes dissent. They do it on college campuses; they do it in newspapers; they do it in politics.

no photo
Thu 06/05/08 02:17 PM

People:

Do not be afraid.

Do not let the fear mongers win this.

Obama will win the Presidency and it will be OK.

We shall see. But if he wins, secure your wallets.

no photo
Thu 06/05/08 02:16 PM

wanna datelaugh laugh laugh laugh

Now that was a good one!drinker

no photo
Thu 06/05/08 02:02 PM

Do people who use sign language see little hands in their head when they think about what somebody said, or do they hear the words in their head?

On a similar note I always wondered about those signs in Braille, e.g., near an elevator or a door. How do they know to reach there and feel? They can't see it. How would they know it was there?

no photo
Thu 06/05/08 01:15 PM

Has he explained how he is going to pay for it?

Yes, and it is a very good plan.

Has he explained what will happen to my current plan that I kind of like?

Yes, and you will really like the idea that he has for those who already have insurance.

Those who expect the government to give them everything must first give everything to the government.

Who are you referring to?

Let me guess. He takes money from one group of people (let's call them "rich") and provides for another group of people (let's call them "poor"). Problem is, "rich" includes the middle class and the "poor" includes loafers.

If I like my own insurance, why does he have to mess with it? I mean, I picked it, I pay for it. What business is it of the government. Does he know what is good for me better than I know what is good for me? He must be one smart guy.

On the final point, I am referring to every citizen of the U.S.A. Now, for those that don't pay taxes, they may not care giving up everything. For the likes of me, I think it is fundamentally unfair to take the fruits of my labor and give it to someone else who didn't work for it.

I don't like anything about Obama because he is a typical tax and spend liberal. There is no "change" as he calls it; it is the tired old philosophy from the New Deal.

no photo
Thu 06/05/08 12:57 PM
I'm seaworthy.

no photo
Thu 06/05/08 10:12 AM
Other than Avery Johnson I cannot think of a good one that is available. Maybe it will an NBA assistant somewhere. Or may Tom Izzo from Michigan State.

no photo
Thu 06/05/08 10:10 AM
Read the Declaration of Independence ("We hold these truths to be self evident, that all mean are created equal; Endowed by their CREATOR with certain inalienable rights"). Do you read the religious overtones in that?

no photo
Thu 06/05/08 10:06 AM
Has he explained how he is going to pay for it?

Has he explained what will happen to my current plan that I kind of like?

Those who expect the government to give them everything must first give everything to the government.

no photo
Thu 06/05/08 10:04 AM
Alright, I thought about it. Yes. Wait. Hell yes.

no photo
Thu 06/05/08 10:03 AM
I'd have to think about it.

no photo
Thu 06/05/08 09:04 AM
Golfing with the opposite sex is like going on a death march.

no photo
Thu 06/05/08 07:46 AM
No attacks since 9/11. Prolly just luck. Nothing to do with Bush's policies. I bet his policies have actually made the terrorists more mad. Maybe if he played nice they would be nice back.

WTC bombing in '93; bombings of U.S. embassies in Africa. Bombing of the U.S.S. Cole. All these took place during Clinton administration. But I bet you leftists can find some reason to blame Bush for these events also.

If only the terrorists would play nice.

no photo
Thu 06/05/08 05:41 AM

Carter is the perfect example of electing an inexperienced president just because of voter discord.......Geez, maybe he did learn something from all the problems he didn't solve while president.laugh laugh laugh

Reagan cut a deal with the Iranians, or they wouldn't have released the hostages just after he got elected!

And John McCain criticizes Barack Obama because he's willing to try to negotiate with the Iranians!

He may have some power, but he's not the only person who decides how things get done in Iran!

Reagan cut no deal to free the American hostages held 444 days in Iran by the Ayatollah. Iran feared Reagan. They did not fear Carter.

Carter refused to permit American athletes to go to Moscow in 1980 to compete in the Olympics in response to the Soviet Union's invasion of Afghanistan. And Afghanistan remained under Soviet control. Reagan supplied Stinger missiles and the Soviets were defeated. (I know, I know, Hollywood is trying to claim some left wing Democrat was responsible for funding the Mujahadeen. False. It was Reagan on the advice of William Casey. But that is Hollywood folks; revisionist history. The Democrats actually stood int eh way of our foreign policy in the 80s, just like they are today.)

I can still hear the speech: Reagan in Berlin: "Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall." And the wall came down.

Ridiculous incorrect revisionist history.

Reagan had little to do with the wall coming down.

The Soviet Union had simply run out of money after years of overspending on their military.

And they realized it was time for a change.

Gorbachev had more to do with Soviet Union reforms and the wall coming down than Reagan.

Yet starry-eyed Republican Reagan admirers all buy the bullcrap spewed by talking head neocons instead of what actually happened.

That's why they trotted out Mitt Romney, hoping to resurrect Reagan's tired old ghost to lead us to the promised land.

Thank God McCain beat him.

Even McCain is better than that tree stump.

I laugh at the comment Reagan had nothing to do with it. Everyone said Reagan was dangerous; he would cause WWIII. He rebuilt our military, deployed missiles in Europe over strong left wing protests, funded freedom fighters from Nicaragua to Afghanistan, and called the Soviets for what they were: an evil empire.

Who would have thunk it in 1980 that the Soviet Union would collapse? No one.

Go to You Tube and play the Reagan's speech at the gate. The call of freedom; the idea that man is free.

"Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall." Hell, even Reagan's own State Department didn't want him to say this line.

no photo
Thu 06/05/08 05:37 AM

The Algiers Accords of January 19, 1981, were brokered by the Algerian government between the USA and Iran to resolve the Iran hostage crisis that arose by the capture of American citizens in the American embassy in Tehran. By this accord the American citizens were set free.

Among its provisions it was stated:

* The US would not intervene in Iranian internal affairs
* The US would remove a freeze on Iranian assets and trade sanctions on Iran
* Both countries would end litigation between their respective governments and citizens referring them to international arbitration, namely the Iran-United States Claims Tribunal.
* The US would ensure that US court decisions regarding the transfer of any property of the former Shah would be independent from "sovereign immunity principles" and would be enforced
* Iranian debts to US institutions would be paid

Deal brokered to free American hostages

Reagan assumed office the next day. Again, Reagan cut no deal.

no photo
Wed 06/04/08 09:47 AM
Pour Some Sugar On Me by Def Leppard.

no photo
Wed 06/04/08 09:46 AM
Now that there was funny.laugh

no photo
Wed 06/04/08 09:01 AM
Do you buy a car without taking it for a ride?

no photo
Wed 06/04/08 08:59 AM

So...who should Detroit hire?

I would imagine Avery Johnson is on the short list.

Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 24 25