Community > Posts By > InvictusV

InvictusV's photo
Thu 06/04/15 03:13 PM

During the curfew all street level drug dealing got pushed indoors. Once the curfew was lifted, dealers found out someone else was trying to take their corner and so you have a lot of shootings to re-establish territory.

You also likely have some 'payback' for arsons/looting done as a perceived 'diss' or disrespectful move between gangs. While publicly the gangs claimed to have invoked a peace treaty, it's not something gangs are normally proactive about entering into. They usually happen only after a high profile shooting or gang melee.

Finally, there has been a publicly acknowledged work slowdown by cops. They are not stopping & frisking, talking to old ladies who know what's happening at 2:00 am on the block, and only answering 911 calls. So, the thugs have a hall pass for now to shoot and loot.

Personally, I say you evacuate the women and children and drone strike the known gang buildings/businesses.

or replace the police with unemployed who are interested in doing their jobs..

oh boo hoo, we cant shoot and killed unarmed people anymore so we just wont do anything,,,,,just as pathetic as wanting 15 dollars an hour to flip a burger,,,,

Since when are the unemployed interested in jobs? How long would that last? I mean, it's an actual JOB.....

um,.. since it takes MONEY to eat and live,, unemployed have been interested in jobs,,,,

what kind of question is that?

My question IS....Why aren't they working if they are so interested in jobs? Why are they living off of handouts from the government? Why? Explain that...because it IS a problem.

because 'working' isnt like going out and pulling a leaf off of the tree
it is a PROCESS to become employed,,and until the time of such employment,, one is considered

unemployed

since there are hundreds of apps to any given job, that leaves HUNDREDS that have to continue looking ,, ie being 'unemployed' until an EMPLOYER finds them a BEST fit for the opening

There are also disqualifiers. Felony convictions... Drug use.. lack of basic reading and math skills..

Let us not pretend that the reason people can't get jobs is because there are 100 applications for every one.

I just looked at Indeed and there are 34,700 jobs within 25 miles of Baltimore listed.. I would think that anyone who really really wanted to work could find something if they met the basic hiring standards..

InvictusV's photo
Thu 06/04/15 10:55 AM

You spent all this time typing this out and you think ISIS are Shia?

It's interesting what a Muslim clergy in Lucknow, India said to the community. Translation:

If a Muslim places a shawl over the tomb of his ancients - he is a Sunni
If a Muslim places flowers over a tomb - he is a Shia
But if there is a Muslim who would bring these two to quarrel over this difference - he is the Wahhabi

For a couple of years, in a project, I was employed by a contractor who had his family roots in Bombay, belongs to the Shia sect and now lives in London. Same project, field engineers from Huta Engineering, run by the Bin Laden Group were very cooperative. I think it is when we work and build something together that one goes beyond the cultural differences. Quite different from a soldier's perspective.

ISIS is Wahhabis

????
my friend, I could've understood if you had stated that Osama's source for recruit to his Taliban came from the Wahhabi sect in Saudi Arabia.
Wiki throws some light on Wahhabism.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wahhabism

To state that members from the now fragmented Taliban went on to form the ISIS sounds fantastic. From what I understood, the ISIS recruiting base was in Iraq / Iran. To me it sounds like the thief who went to the police station and filed in the first information report stating that he was the victim of a robbery.

Allow me to share an experience: my first time in the Middle East.
It was in Qatar & the holy period of Ramadan. I had missed the company bus to site. So I walked 2 kms to the main road, bare headed, wearing a tie, carrying my laptop, drawings what not. On reaching the road, I saw a mosque and a few people gathered.
Actually, I just saw the water faucet outside the mosque, went over & drank in like an elephant.

People had gone silent, I remember that; a few may have given strange looks, didn't notice at all. It was after I got inside a passing cab & the driver offered me a water bottle & I told him that I had just filled in at the Mosque that I came to know the narrow escape.

The Law says any man caught drinking water during the daytime hours of Ramdan will be put in prison & released after the period of Ramdan.

Then I recalled, that there was a police station just beside the Mosque.

What is my point in rambling on like this?
Simple: In today's complexity, the enemy is not who it seems; not really the Mullah's who are against women acquiring any level of freedom. The Mullah's voice will start fading as and when the larger world takes a more united approach. A beginning could be made if Putin & the next US President agreed to work jointly. After all, Kissinger did get Mao & Nixon to talk and then what happened?

May be our Muslim members can give a better insight into all this?

This makes almost ZERO sense.

ISIS are Wahhabis.

Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi is a Wahhabi and he is from Iraq

His predecessor Abu Omar al-Baghdadi was a Wahhabi and he was from Iraq.

Mullah Omar.. the leader of the Taliban is a Wahhabi. He taught at a Madrassa in Pakistan before he became the Taliban's leader.

All of the ISIS literature and teachings come from Sheikh Abdelaziz bin Baz and Juhayman al-Otaybi. DIE HARD WAHHABIS.

Sunnis are NOT Wahhabis.

ISIS does not consider the rulers of Saudi Arabia to be TRUE Wahhabis.

I can't make this any more clear to you.

Wahhabism is very very very different than your average Sunni.

ISIS are chopping off heads in Anbar Province and the heads they are chopping off are SUNNI!!!!!!!!!!

InvictusV's photo
Wed 06/03/15 07:15 PM

As I see it, law-abiding black residents of Baltimore should exercise their 2nd-Amendment right by purchasing firearms & ammunition for those firearms and by using them to defend themselves, their families and their properties.

Well thanks to the residents of Baltimore City and a few other places within Maryland that voted for O'Malley and his merry band of gun grabbers it is very difficult to obtain firearms in Maryland now.

Oh yes... You can buy a handgun.. But it may take a few months for you to be able to have it.

It seems the thugs have no problems getting them.spock

O' Malley was a big police state guy.. He implemented most of the police policies in Baltimore when he was mayor. When he took office they started arresting everyone that scratched their nose the wrong way..

InvictusV's photo
Wed 06/03/15 07:11 PM

call nation of islam

police their own

until things boil over ,,,,,and even out

I have NO idea what this is supposed to mean? Even things out?....There is no good solution to this problem, is there?

it doesn't mean anything. I usually absolutely agree with Harmony but not this time....nor do I agree with police actions by Hell's Angels BTW

If the panthers want to tell their agitators in the city to back off that would be nice. But that's it. Otherwise they mostly need to get over themselves....jmho

who should get over themselves?

and when did panthers enter the discussion?

the op SPECIFICALLY pointed out blacks,, blacks do not need to 'get over themselves',, there are serious concerns they have and they should be addressed like anyone elses instead of blamed for having them

now, if the POLICE are not going to police because of simple expectations not to kill unarmed citizens, and if they arent trained properly in interacting with those they police, some security source that IS TRAINED to deal inside of that environment may be a great alternative until things get to where they need to be and Police go back to doing their jobs in a way that protects and doesnt endanger citizens,, even 'suspects' and non violent 'criminals'

the NOI has a long history inside of black communities, understanding how to interact with residents inside of black communities, and a long history of providing security services

so why shouldn't they be employed to do the job if police are refusing to?

I don't disagree with the premise, but how are they going to go about providing security in a city that size?

Not to mention that they won't be carrying any type of weapon.. Are they going to take a bullet for someone?

I believe they have enough membership for the parts of the city that are most affected, I don't believe it is the whole of baltimore,,,,

Its not all of Baltimore, but it is more than one area and those areas are very large.

great a whole city full of George Zimmermanswhoa

If there were crime wouldn't be so high.. You can't carry a handgun in Maryland unless you have a permit and that is impossible to get..

InvictusV's photo
Wed 06/03/15 05:43 PM

call nation of islam

police their own

I have NO idea what this is supposed to mean? Even things out?....There is no good solution to this problem, is there?

it doesn't mean anything. I usually absolutely agree with Harmony but not this time....nor do I agree with police actions by Hell's Angels BTW

If the panthers want to tell their agitators in the city to back off that would be nice. But that's it. Otherwise they mostly need to get over themselves....jmho

the op SPECIFICALLY pointed out blacks,, blacks do not need to 'get over themselves',, there are serious concerns they have and they should be addressed like anyone elses instead of blamed for having them

now, if the POLICE are not going to police because of simple expectations not to kill unarmed citizens, and if they arent trained properly in interacting with those they police, some security source that IS TRAINED to deal inside of that environment may be a great alternative until things get to where they need to be and Police go back to doing their jobs in a way that protects and doesnt endanger citizens,, even 'suspects' and non violent 'criminals'

the NOI has a long history inside of black communities, understanding how to interact with residents inside of black communities, and a long history of providing security services

I don't disagree with the premise, but how are they going to go about providing security in a city that size?

Not to mention that they won't be carrying any type of weapon.. Are they going to take a bullet for someone?

I believe they have enough membership for the parts of the city that are most affected, I don't believe it is the whole of baltimore,,,,

Its not all of Baltimore, but it is more than one area and those areas are very large.

InvictusV's photo
Wed 06/03/15 05:27 PM

call nation of islam

police their own

InvictusV's photo
Wed 06/03/15 04:42 PM
Edited by InvictusV on Wed 06/03/15 04:43 PM

As I see it, law-abiding black residents of Baltimore should exercise their 2nd-Amendment right by purchasing firearms & ammunition for those firearms and by using them to defend themselves, their families and their properties.

Well thanks to the residents of Baltimore City and a few other places within Maryland that voted for O'Malley and his merry band of gun grabbers it is very difficult to obtain firearms in Maryland now.

Oh yes... You can buy a handgun.. But it may take a few months for you to be able to have it.

InvictusV's photo
Wed 06/03/15 03:42 PM

Have been following this post carefully for last two days and realize we really don't know that much about ISIS, Al Qaeda; do we?

For those of us interested, let's roll back in time (please feel free to correct me; ..gently)

This bomb blast in a mosque in Dammam:

30 May 2015
Two young Saudi men who were killed while allegedly stopping an Islamic State of Iraq and Syria (ISIS) suicide bomber from entering a mosque in Saudi Arabia..

..died on Friday, when the suicide bomber blew himself up after being denied entrance into the Imam Hussein mosque in Dammam by the two friends.,

Saudi is mainly populated by the Sunni sect of Islam, so is Pakistan and the Sunnis are by far the largest population in Muslim world population. 35% of the population in India are also Muslims & Sunnis (our problem is this segment of the population is growing..; another story). India's ingenious development on nuclear energy for power and the 'bomb' was a deterrent to China's placing missiles in Tibet. Pakistan's 'bomb' was to counter Indian threat but the tech came from China and the money from Saudi Arabia. No, the Pakistani bomb is probably for the Sunni caliphate but definitely not for ISIS which draws their troops from a rival community.

We all know the story of Al Qaeda: Osama, armed by CIA, first to counter Russian occupation of Afghanistan - a 10 year war with the Russians.

In the end, when the Russians had withdrawn and the Taliban / Al Qaeda (Pak backed) had occupied most of Afghanistan - the CIA did a volte face. Instead of the promised dream of owning a country, which for Osama was now at hand; the American Government realized that these hardliners would send the country back into the medieval centuries. Progressive civilians were being murdered, (generally women) when local hardliners realized that the Taliban troopers were of similar opinion.

President Karzai, helpless.

In October 2001 the American invasion of Afghanistan began and Karzai became a dominant political figure after the removal of the Taliban regime

Removal meant intensive bombardment of rural Afghanistan. Then Osama's taped message, the famous photo of Osama with the Russian AK47 and many hostages beheaded - added to global threat.

History Repeats 1: Flash Back: How Arabia became Saudi's Arabia
WWII:

When war was declared between Britain and Turkey, the British Secretary of State for War, Lord Kitchener, appealed to Hussein for assistance in the conflict. He flirted with the concept of an 'Arab nation' and offered political recognition in return for assurances of assistance.

then OIL WAS DISCOVERED

Lord Kitchener & Lawrence were overruled.
Their promise to Hussein, a large part of Arabia was discarded by the British civil servants in favor of Ibn Saud.

The similarity between Osama and Hussein is a bit uncanny but for Osama it did not end there. He had become a legend among Muslims - driving out a super power: the Russians

Then World Trade Center was attacked for the second time..
1993: An NYC based Muslim Leader around 1994-5 using Ryder's Rental Trucks to blast the foundations of the towers.

When that didn't come off; New York City laughed; we all laughed but we failed to realize that any Muslim lad 'who wanted to be respected as a Jihad-ist (warrior who fights to death)' now had a visible target.

An Egyptian planned the second attack.
This time around the world Saddam laughed. And Osama?

The Western media in Afghanistan asked for his reaction and he logically pointed out that 'they were Muslims'. May be he did laugh like an immature divorcee, rejected by his American friends (there's no such picture) but the media had a story.

Bush Jr. standing amidst the WTC debris promised action. His Dad had being the chief of CIA and the department knew that Junior could turn the entire department upside down. What worked in their favor was Jr. had never expected that he would be elected; never looked beyond Florida; like many Americans he also thought India was in the Middle East.
The CIA rolled out what the paparazzi had come up with. If enough news say that the Queen is pregnant then by Jove, she better be. In any case, there were no survivors from the craft so we have no data.

But Bush Sr. asked him to take care of unfinished business first. Saddam's laugh was a personal slap..

What is said so far is not new. but lets take this chronology a bit further.

History Repeats 2: ISIS roots rival to Al Qaeda's
ISIS, was born after the demise of Al Qaeda. ISIS could be Russia's response to what was the homegrown outfit of CIA Al Qaeda. Putin was waiting.

When King Abdullah presented his case for a strike against the Assad regime, he was vetoed down by the Russians. Obama hesitated. ISIS pushed in. At first the local people thought that help wa finally at hand; too late they realized that these were support troops for the Assad government.

The Syrian Spring that had turned Islamic heads around was now finished.

Why did Putin veto in the UN? After all Assad belongs to Shia branch of Islam & the Syrian population were 90% Sunni!! The answer is below our noses; below the ground: oil.

It's my belief that neither the Shia (liberal Muslims) nor the Sunni (conservatives) are a threat to the Western World. They live in peace in India. It is the Big Game. And in this Game; fringe groups can be created only from the lesser educated; people who believe that the Holy Book can stop the Bullet. It is not difficult to lead extremely poor and uneducated tribal with religious rhetoric. The important difference is after the Taliban attempt; the fringes from the Shia's decided to bring in educated foreign recruits. Young blood, even overseas; remained hot.

History Repeats 3:
The tragedy of Syria was such that when another fringe group tried to overthrow the Yemeni Government - highest unemployment - deepest poverty although neighbors to Saudi Arabia; the KSA Government decided to act.
Moreover this fringe made a mistake - they took on the banner of ISIS - gave the moral right to KSA.

Putin was not interested - no oil, no gas in Yemen, yet.

OP's concerns on Boko Haram!

I don't know how this should be resolved - but he is right - it must be resolved and through a more decisive & empowered body of African nations.
Obama could have inspired this. He was awarded the Nobel on Assumption. His mistake was he got sidetracked, he thought Europe was the rest of the world and the Queen, the UN. A great lost opportunity by the first black American President - to the African world: this is somehow my opinion.

Now, getting to the Rhetoric:
While the OP provided the meat and others the oven let me toss in the famed curry powder.

The United States of America is the only nation to have used nuclear weapons in War.

Ironically, the bomb was built by German scientists smuggled into US & the political effort initiated by Einstein, a Jew.

ISIL occupies the Buttfupistans of the globe; land the U.S. would not hesitate to nuke if preserving U.S. national sovereignty required it.

"Buttfupistans"?? This is the question everybody is asking - where is it? smokin embarassed

And to give you an idea of just how lethal our nuclear triad (land based nuclear missiles, our B1 & B2 bombers, and our nuclear powered nuclear armed submarines) is, ONE Minute Man missile has more explosive power than all the explosives used in WWII by all sides; including the nukes we dropped on Japan.

These words could have been my voice as an American; but as I'm not here's some more curry powder for you:

Chillies: Bombing Japan was morally justified because of Pearl Harbor. ok, why two bombs?? Imagine if US had reserved the second one for the German homeland.

Garlic: While American tanks and ships were built bigger; the aircraft, subs and guns were far inferior to European / German technology. We Indians should know because for years we got Russian MIGs (older models) while Pakistan received the Mirages (equivalent old models) and so on. Pakistan has a fairly good army; terrible air force.

Ginger: The only reason America could turn the tide was because by the time they entered the war; there were no men left in the German Army!!
Nor in the British Army. Two generations of men on either side were wiped out. TWO GENERATIONS!!!

Sweet coconut powder:
American strength is they shape world technology and so world history starting from Mr. Edison's light bulb. There democratic values / people's rights influence us in the rest of the world and maybe their need for oil & other imports shapes a rare & roaring global economy.

Stir them well & what do we get:
When we think of 'police action' instead of 'wars' of the past; I think America is getting there with stealth planes & drones. While Americans have their 'right to own guns' and bombs - I see the mindset changing in the younger generation through the many net forums. Maybe I'm among the older generation who still thinks in primary colors: white, black & yellow.

Finally, a spoon of vinegar;
But to think that the world can be shrunk to fit 'American interests and viewpoints' is like Wall Street once again trying to sell those sub-prime bonds to European & Asian banks all over again.

Now for the heart-burns:
If the Russian & American government (& maybe Chinese); sat across the table - not threatening counter actions - the ISIS will disappear overnight. Till then the Big Game continues.

You spent all this time typing this out and you think ISIS are Shia?

ISIS are Wahhabis.

InvictusV's photo
Wed 06/03/15 09:18 AM
The police are simply not being proactive anymore.

They are responding to calls. That is it.

They don't trust the leadership in the department and they don't trust the mayor or her cronies.

InvictusV's photo
Wed 06/03/15 09:09 AM
Clinton Speech 1998

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S0f5u_0ytUs

InvictusV's photo
Tue 06/02/15 06:22 PM
I remember someone professing that 'you could keep your doctor'...

Just saying...

InvictusV's photo
Tue 06/02/15 05:03 PM
I can hardly wait for the big announcement.

I love clown cars..

InvictusV's photo
Mon 06/01/15 03:12 PM

Those who must work in deadly India heat wave
More than 1,400 people have died from high heat over the past 30 days in India.
By Omer Farooq and Katy Daigle/AP May 28, 2015

Most of the 1,412 heat-related deaths so far have occurred in Andhra Pradesh and neighboring Telangana, where temperatures have soared to 47 degrees Celsius (117 degrees Fahrenheit), according to government figures.

"The rains which have eluded us for the last couple of years have created serious drought conditions," said state minister K.T. Rama Rao in Telangana, which was carved out of Andhra Pradesh as a separate state just last year.

"This is unprecedented ... so there is a little bit of panic," he said. "Hopefully the monsoon will be on time. Hopefully we will receive rain very, very soon."
http://www.csmonitor.com/World/Asia-South-Central/2015/0528/Those-who-must-work-in-deadly-India-heat-wave

As heart wrenching as this is - I'm slow to pray for rain for this region; lots of humans prayed for rain for the drought stricken parts of Texas in 2011 and now the rain cycle seems to be on a 'NON-STOP CYCLE' and floods are killing many!

Dang - climate change is occurring globally and it's really horrible to stand around and be a bystander to the disasters!

not "climate" change, it's called weather patterns... been happening for about 4.5 billion years...

you are better off beating your head against the wall..

InvictusV's photo
Mon 06/01/15 02:47 PM
Edited by InvictusV on Mon 06/01/15 02:48 PM

2A

Last I read, it was ~1,100.

I've also read, but have not been able to corroborate:
heat kills more humans than all other meteorological phenomena combined.

Heat kills more than:
- floods
- cyclones
- tornadoes
- hurricanes
- cold
- blizzard
- hail
- lightning

For those that like to conserve energy, and be more comfortable, a brief comment on cars:

A few decades ago, stock car race hoods were often painted flat black. The theory was, less glare for the driver.
But one race team tried an experiment, and discovered, by losing the flat black hood, and painting the hood the same as the rest of the car, it dropped the cabin temperature by a reported 30F degrees.

So, if you live where your car has an air conditioner which you use; you may both save $money, and feel more comfortable in a light colored car both inside and out.

Study: Cold kills 20 times more people than heat

Doyle Rice, USA TODAY 9:07 a.m. EDT May 21, 2015

Cold weather is 20 times as deadly as hot weather, and it's not the extreme low or high temperatures that cause the most deaths, according to a study published Wednesday.

The study found the majority of deaths occurred on moderately hot and moderately cold days instead of during extreme temperatures.

"Although the risk of mortality due to extremely cold or hot days is actually higher, they are less frequent," said lead author Antonio Gasparrini of the London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine.

The study �� published in the British journal The Lancet analyzed data on more than 74 million deaths in 13 countries between 1985 and 2012. Of those, 5.4 million deaths were related to cold, while 311,000 were related to heat.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/weather/2015/05/20/cold-weather-deaths/27657269/

InvictusV's photo
Sun 05/31/15 02:43 PM

"The days of a single nation being 'the' superpower economically and militarily are over.

China has so many fundamental institutional problems that they will never be able to achieve much more than they are now." IV

a) Mao is dead. It's a new millennium.

b) It was never a question of whether China could. China ALREADY HAS!

And then, feeling exploited for its openness resulting in outsiders getting secrets like gun-powder and silk, China turned insular, resulting in progressive decline.
Counter-intuitive though it may be, China thrives when it's open, when it's engaged in the world; and China's politburo is painfully aware of this.

Hong Kong absolutely CLOBBERED the Chinese mainland. In less than a century, Western ways brought great prosperity to Hong Kong, leaving the rest of China a subsistence farm.
"Communism does not work when it attempts to compete with the rest of the world without using:

theft of intellectual property
currency manipulation
humanitarian and environmental disregard"

It sure didn't for the Soviets.
Neither does North Korean totalitarianism.

But China is quite a different story.
"On a level playing field they collapse just as the soviet union did."

Whatever.
The "playing field" may NEVER be level.

Predicting China's collapse here is laughable. The trend is clearly going in the other direction.

Since you are apparently an expert on this I suppose you have read The Hundred Year Marathon by Micheal Pillsbury.

If not then I would keep your laughing to yourself.

InvictusV's photo
Sun 05/31/15 09:23 AM
The days of a single nation being 'the' superpower economically and militarily are over.

China has so many fundamental institutional problems that they will never be able to achieve much more than they are now.

Communism does not work when it attempts to compete with the rest of the world without using:

theft of intellectual property
currency manipulation
humanitarian and environmental disregard

On a level playing field they collapse just as the soviet union did.

As of now they rely on their trade imbalances to generate revenue. Of the top 5 importers of their products 4 are on the top of their enemies list.

They are now the largest importer of oil. A very basic necessity if you are going to play lord of the high seas.

They should ask Japan how that worked out for them during WW2..

InvictusV's photo
Sun 05/31/15 07:56 AM

"Oh he has Executive experience, and a lot of it." Lp

Senator Obama had virtually none; head of household; virtual zero.
You and I are in accord Lp.
IN GENERAL, executive experience should be a good thing. [1]
But while it's a plus on any U.S. presidential candidate r�sum�, it is insufficient on its own.
Before I'd consider voting Trump, I'd want to know his policy on:
- closing Gitmo
- how to deal with ISIL in particular, and Muslim terrorists
- what he'd do to beef up our Glass - Steagel protections
- & the Iraq War question that threw Jeb for a triple loop
"Many large businesses go bankrupt and restructure, it can be a very smart and profitable business decision." Lp

Obviously.
But when so many more do NOT; why should we think it's the guy whose business failed that we should pick for president, and not one of the many guys whose business thrive?
"It actually is a really risky business." Lp

Sort of like voting for Trump.
"If you had your money on China you would lose." Lp

No.
"If YOU had YOUR money on China YOU would lose."
I retired at age 43. The bad investments I've made are outnumbered by the successful investments I make.

How old is Trump? 69?
China has been around a whole lot longer than that.
And China will STILL be around long after Trump is gone; will still be around, and growing stronger.

If you can't see what spectacular progress China is making around the world, in territorial acquisition / creation, in mining contracts, in making friends abroad not with predator drone strikes, blowing up wedding parties; but building roads and digging potable water wells to help end the scourge of dysentery.
The Soviet politburo was a bureaucracy so bloated, it bankrupted the Soviet Union; demonstrated "central planning" is no panacea.
IIRC China's politburo has only 7 members. And China's 100 year plan seems to be right on schedule.
"The largest bank in China owned by the Government is headquartered in the Trump building and he beat them down on the price" Lp

Spectacular.
That's a heart-warming anecdote.
But it does not accurately represent China's steady progress toward global domination; a virtual inevitability if present trends continue.
"We have seen what happens when Congressmen and Senator's get elected to the White House, they F! everything up. People with executive experience live Governors, successful businessmen have been the best President's we have ever had." Lp

a) Please see point [1] above.
b) Even if as a general rule you are right, the specifics can tell a quite different story.

U.S. President Bush (younger) had significant executive experience, including CEO of Texas.
Yet the 8 years of his presidency marked several superlatives in disaster:
- the worst terrorist attack on the U.S. homeland in history
- the worst economic decline since the great depression
- losing 800K private sector jobs per month.
- started TWO wars, and ending zero
The Republican demigod's standard: "Are you better off ..."?
With Bush, the Republican that had extensive executive experience, the answer is CERTAINLY NOT!

With Obama, the Democrat with virtually no executive experience, by quantifiable standards, the answer is; clearly yes.

Carter was another example of a former governor that was a complete disaster as President.

InvictusV's photo
Sat 05/30/15 07:04 PM

Ron Paul (R-TX) has served in congress for decades.
He's now predicting an economic downturn worse than 2008.

www.RonPaulMessage10.com

Is that some sort of advertisement for another website?

Kind of.
This is the Politics, Current News & Events forum.
Ron Paul is a former federal legislator, and has been running for president for decades.

I'd have included a teaser quote, but my bandwidth window doesn't open until Tuesday.

Seems to me like a sensible topic for this forum.
Any objections?

He is right that the Fed has put us in a very bad situation.

I wish we had listened to RP years ago. We might not be in the predicament we are now in.

They had the chance to change their insane policies after the 2008 collapse and instead of learning their lesson they went all in and now when the equities bubble bursts there is nothing at all they can do to stop the landslide.

InvictusV's photo
Sat 05/30/15 06:51 PM

Ron Paul (R-TX) has served in congress for decades.
He's now predicting an economic downturn worse than 2008.

www.RonPaulMessage10.com

Is that some sort of advertisement for another website?

Kind of.
This is the Politics, Current News & Events forum.
Ron Paul is a former federal legislator, and has been running for president for decades.

I'd have included a teaser quote, but my bandwidth window doesn't open until Tuesday.

Seems to me like a sensible topic for this forum.
Any objections?

He is right that the Fed has put us in a very bad situation.

InvictusV's photo
Sat 05/30/15 06:05 PM

Sweet Jesus, could you just make a reply to the topic and forgo busting Obama's chops ??? offtopic OR...ignore the entire thread and just stroll on by! spock

i guarantee, guarantee,.. IF <(big IF) the republican party wins the election in 2016...you will see these same guys blaming the Obama administration for every single political setback the GOP suffers because they inherited such a mess from the evil liberals that preceded them...

and miracles of miracles, that supposedly mainstream media (formerly controlled by whacko liberals) will now be extolled as the great purveyors of truth and nothing but the truth.......jmo....and i believei'm entitled to have one...

Ese Bulldog trademark *double-double* guarantee used w/o written permission....
sorry Ese, i was hoping you wouldn't mind me borrowing it just this once...

Your 'opinion' has been noted.