Community > Posts By > InvictusV

InvictusV's photo
Thu 05/14/15 04:24 PM

rant

I did get to read this...

My only thought is that humans have worshipped something since they could breathe.

The sun ..the moon ..the stars

Interestingly enough... The 3 greatest mass murderers of all time were all religion haters..

Hitler... Stalin.. Mao..

You can throw in Pol Pot for good measure.. he only killed a few million though...

I equate blaming religion for stupidity or criminality to blaming weapons for people being shot..

Humans have a choice... some make the right ones some make the wrong ones..

InvictusV's photo
Thu 05/14/15 03:44 PM

i agree with moe on this 1, the train should drive itself, with someone there to make sure everything goes like it should. just incase of a malfunction the driver would be able to correct it. but the thing is on tracks for gods sake, it should be able to drive itself. theyre talking about having driverless cars within the next 10 years, but yet we cant have a train that drives itself?

Airbus designed a flight control system that would correct pilot errors.

But that didn't stop their planes from crashing.

Nothing is infallible.
true, but your also talking about flight... trains just need to worry about starting and stopping

It is the same principle. You have inputs and outputs. A control computer processes the signals that are sent to it and then it determines what should happen.

Any failure within that system can cause an accident.

lol, so can a drunk engineer...

haha... no doubt

InvictusV's photo
Thu 05/14/15 03:36 PM

i agree with moe on this 1, the train should drive itself, with someone there to make sure everything goes like it should. just incase of a malfunction the driver would be able to correct it. but the thing is on tracks for gods sake, it should be able to drive itself. theyre talking about having driverless cars within the next 10 years, but yet we cant have a train that drives itself?

Nothing is infallible.
true, but your also talking about flight... trains just need to worry about starting and stopping

It is the same principle. You have inputs and outputs. A control computer processes the signals that are sent to it and then it determines what should happen.

Any failure within that system can cause an accident.

InvictusV's photo
Thu 05/14/15 06:20 AM

Nothing is infallible.

InvictusV's photo
Wed 05/13/15 06:37 PM
Edited by InvictusV on Wed 05/13/15 06:47 PM

www.cnn.com

The engineer is 32 Brandon Bostian of New York

Philadelphia Mayor calls drivers actions " reckless & irresponsible "

The NTSB official says the Mayor's comments are inflammatory

They released the information on the emergency braking. They would also know if he attempted to apply the brakes at the appropriate time to slow to the 80mph then again before the turn. Being that they said nothing of normal braking attempts leads me to conclude that whatever he was doing had nothing to do with paying attention to where he was on the line.

I realize that we have rights as citizens and I certainly can understand a desire to lawyer up being in his situation, but if there were a mechanical failure in the braking system I would damn sure bet that he would have been talking by now.

Humm.. technical issue.
Approx 6 1/2 hrs (maximum) after the ... we may take your $55.3 billion away, before you got it... Amtrak.. that technical issue ? smokin

Being that the NTSB is calling for increased funding for AMTRAK if they had any chance to link this to lack of money then they would have been all over the news saying it was a mechanical problem.

And I will add that AMTRAK has not posted a profit since Richard Nixons first term as President..

Let's give em more money..

InvictusV's photo
Wed 05/13/15 06:16 PM

www.cnn.com

The engineer is 32 Brandon Bostian of New York

Philadelphia Mayor calls drivers actions " reckless & irresponsible "

The NTSB official says the Mayor's comments are inflammatory

They released the information on the emergency braking. They would also know if he attempted to apply the brakes at the appropriate time to slow to the 80mph then again before the turn. Being that they said nothing of normal braking attempts leads me to conclude that whatever he was doing had nothing to do with paying attention to where he was on the line.

I realize that we have rights as citizens and I certainly can understand a desire to lawyer up being in his situation, but if there were a mechanical failure in the braking system I would damn sure bet that he would have been talking by now.

InvictusV's photo
Wed 05/13/15 04:45 PM
This guy needs a nice hard punch in the chest..

InvictusV's photo
Wed 05/13/15 03:37 PM

Something had to have happened to the operator.

they are refusing to answer any questions.... that is a huge red flag

InvictusV's photo
Wed 05/13/15 11:35 AM
as with most accidents human error is typically responsible.

InvictusV's photo
Tue 05/12/15 07:24 PM
I remember when Al Gore debated Ross Perot on NAFTA...

The lapdog media all said gore won.... 20 years later we find out it wasn't Perot that lost it was us...

InvictusV's photo
Tue 05/12/15 06:01 PM

So much for the most transparent administration in history....haha

exactly my thoughts, why is there still so many people who cant see through this schmuck?

The ones that speak out go to jail...

Here is an interesting fact.. Did you know that more government employees have been charged by this administration under the espionage act than ALL other administrations COMBINED?

by espionage act, do you mean more whistle blowers were prosecuted under this administration than anyone else?

Im not sure I would call all of them whistle blowers, but I suppose they may be to someone.

InvictusV's photo
Tue 05/12/15 05:34 PM
Edited by InvictusV on Tue 05/12/15 05:35 PM

exactly my thoughts, why is there still so many people who cant see through this schmuck?

The ones that speak out go to jail...

Here is an interesting fact.. Did you know that more government employees have been charged by this administration under the espionage act than ALL other administrations COMBINED?

InvictusV's photo
Tue 05/12/15 05:21 PM

Didn't they boycott Jews in Germany one time? spock

Spain, in 1347, was actually one of the first European
countries, to strip jews of their basic rights, property
rights, etc...

After 549 years of occupation you would probably be pissed off too..

InvictusV's photo
Tue 05/12/15 05:09 PM
Edited by InvictusV on Tue 05/12/15 05:09 PM

InvictusV's photo
Tue 05/12/15 05:00 PM
This entire deal is a mess.. No one can read it. He wants no one to be able to amend it. He wants no penalties for countries that manipulate its currency value..

And the idiot republicans want to give it to him..

InvictusV's photo
Tue 05/12/15 09:59 AM

If they outlawed coffee and energy drinks productivity would drop by 75%..

If they'd put Lithium in the Water,as our esteemed Member claims they might do,they would have to outlaw Caffeine!
laugh

They've been using fluoride in the US for many, many decades..... and it's worked for them

US Government Admits Americans Have Been Overdosed on Fluoride

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2015/05/12/fluoride-overdose.aspx

We had natural springs close by when I was growing up and that was the only water we drank.

It was a pain in the a$$ to have to fill up gallon jugs, but I guess we didn't get the toxins from the fluoride.

InvictusV's photo
Tue 05/12/15 09:51 AM

Nothing to counteract the zanax laugh

It would be like the walking dead..

InvictusV's photo
Tue 05/12/15 09:47 AM

InvictusV's photo
Mon 05/11/15 07:25 PM

Wow, lot's of news coverage there.

I was in DC this weekend... Didn't hear a word about it.

InvictusV's photo
Mon 05/11/15 06:08 PM

Robhoskins , sorry you feel that way.
You are certainly entitled.

I live to close to it, I feel sad & fearful for the future (here) & as said in the Baltimore Sun, more & more residents are fearful of a "police state" that, that is what the police always wanted... which I don't believe. But I do believe, blaming the police ( in miss directed anger), will only INCREASE tensions & more outbursts & mayhem.

Move to the Eastern Shore... We don't vote for liberal idiots and the water is clean...