Community > Posts By > mrld_ii

mrld_ii's photo
Fri 11/07/14 06:11 PM

it wasn't hacked it was a quote from the ARTICLE,, not my use,,,

You might want to go check YOUR post in which YOU used the word, as it was during YOUR recap of what YOU got from the article in which YOU (too) used it.

In any event, you are deliberately *arguing* semantics as to avoid the point that I'd originally made:

EVERY SINGLE PERSON in the United States who is not of Native American descent is effected by diaspora.

It is NOT a uniquely black phenomenon. Stop claiming it as a unique word, uniquely expressive of a unique situation, uniquely belonging to blacks who live in the United States.

It's a term correctly used by ANY person who - within their heritage - had family members who left ANY homeland.

C'mon, now...at least give me that, since you steadfastly refuse to NOT segregate yourself and your people from the global community at large,

'kay?

drinks

mrld_ii's photo
Fri 11/07/14 05:21 PM

I actually NEVER Used the word 'diaspora'...

Notify the proper authorities, then...your account's been hacked:

...5) There needs to be more cross-continental discourse of connecting blacks across the diaspora...

smokin

mrld_ii's photo
Fri 11/07/14 05:03 PM
Alright, a pair of shoes for you, Chucky!!!

mrld_ii's photo
Fri 11/07/14 04:58 PM

Lol really pretty shoes,really beautiful,but I was thinking maybe if they were like saaaay,aqua and orange, wouldbe be the best looking ever!:angel:

One pair, coming right up!!! (I'd suggest you let your lady wear 'em, though...)

drinks

mrld_ii's photo
Fri 11/07/14 03:55 PM
<--- HUGE (NFL - not arena, college or any other type of) football fan (first, then) I'm a Niners fan.

mrld_ii's photo
Fri 11/07/14 03:50 PM

Really and just how does one account for Odumbocare? And how about the renewal of the Federal Reserve Act, the Patriot Act, NDAA, etc., etc., etc.

And it would be truly refreshing if those "Senators" and "Representatives" would actually sit on their backsides and do nothing. It is pretty obvious that most of the unwashed masses have no clue as to what really occurs, just the clamber over the current argument that masks the actual deeds.

And I totally disagree with your use of descriptors, "VERY interesting" as a way of projecting what is about to transpire with the 114th Congress. What would be "interesting" would be to understand just what you meant by the word!

I have never even heard of "Odumbocare"; I Googled it, and no one else has either.

Provide a citation to a legitimate source discussing this "Odumbocare" and I'll look into it and see if I can't address your concerns about it, which you directed AT me, to clarify for you.

Since I have not received the memo that indicates YOU are now The Person in Charge of Everything, I don't really care if you agree with MY assessment that the newly-unfolding Congressional make-up is going to prove "very interesting".

As to you not being sure what "interesting" means when I use the word, I'm known for utilizing Mr. Merriam's and Mr. Webster's meanings of English words,

since they went to the trouble to put together a little book on the meanings of words...and even went so far as to put them in alphabetical order, just in case anyone else wanted to look 'em up:

interesting = "attracting your attention and making you want to learn more about something or to be involved in something : not dull or boring"

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/interesting

You're welcome. drinks

mrld_ii's photo
Fri 11/07/14 02:43 PM
Takes a little bit more than simply being sexually confident to get this woman.

Having some semblance of intelligence, having a sense of humor, showing an interest in the world around him, being able to handle his own financially, emotionally, physically, and psychologically

are a few of those other things that are necessary for me to be "gotten".

I am A-OK with the fact that I am NOT easily *had*. Best of luck to you with the ones who are.

drinks

mrld_ii's photo
Fri 11/07/14 02:32 PM

Yup, yup...it sure does appear to be the case.

At the last mid-term elections, the Republicans promised that they were going to completely overrun Congress and steal power back. It galvanized the Democrats and they got out and voted to ensure it didn't happen.

Four more years of the same B.S. from BOTH sides of the aisle and everybody's had just about enough. The votes that WERE cast were probably mostly from the frothing-at-the-mouth diehards who hate anything not *right* and not 100% conservative in all things, at all times.

It's nothing new; it's happened repeatedly when any lame-duck POTUS is finishing his second term, as the article I'd previously cited (and hotlinked) indicated.

Currently, I'm *enjoying* the new Senate leader indicating that he now understands that the American people want compromise, so he'll work to do that. By saying this, he completely ignores the fact that for the last 4 years they've been in the minority and have not been interested in compromise, so it's doubtful they'll suddenly learn how, now.

Likewise for President Obama...he, too, is stating that he now understands the American people want compromise, so he'll work to do that. He, too, is completely ignoring the fact that his party's been in the driver's seat and unwilling (unable?) to find compromise, so coming from a now-weakened position doesn't bode well for sudden break-throughs.

But, IS *fun* to watch, no?

drinks

No, not really. But somehow I sense resentment that things did not go another direction, that things would have been perceived as going in the right direction if the whole of Congress turned blue. Actually I would love to see congress turn very blue, but in a literal and not metaphorical sense.

However, back on subject. The last time all was "blue" we got that great legislation know as Odumbocare, how's that going for you? All these millions get to pay their hard earned money for medical insurance and still have no health coverage. What an outstanding contribution to society. Can't wait for those non-existent death panels to start making decisions.

I seriously doubt you "sense" anything, let alone "resentment", and most particularly NOT on my part.

I prefer balance in all things, including my politics; if a POTUS is blue, I prefer a majority red Congress and vice-versa. It's a nifty little built-in checks-and-balances system that helps control those who exercise little self-control.

"The last time all was 'blue'..." what

NEVER in the history of the United States has Congress been "all blue" or 'all red'.

Factually-speaking, of course.

mrld_ii's photo
Fri 11/07/14 02:20 PM
You'll have to take a number, OP.

There's a guy who's been here for five days, already, so he's got dibs on the first 432,000 single girls.

While you wait for your turn to come up, why not just have some fun in the threads? drinks

mrld_ii's photo
Fri 11/07/14 02:20 PM
I do not believe the "lOvE LaNg" has been adopted as M2's official language.

However, with the adopting of a new M2 mascot, people might want to become familiar with Mingle-Minion-speak:

mrld_ii's photo
Fri 11/07/14 02:14 PM

mrld_ii's photo
Fri 11/07/14 02:09 PM

What means "OP" ??what

"OP" = "Original Poster" or "Original Post", depending on the context.

mrld_ii's photo
Fri 11/07/14 02:00 PM
Edited by mrld_ii on Fri 11/07/14 02:05 PM

I was right. Fleta didn't say anything about the Coast Guard, and she didn't imply "Coast Guard".

If you'd bothered to check the hotlink provided, the wording of EO13529 specifically referred to the "Coast Guard":

"...Coast Guard when it is not operating as a service in the Navy..."

It was the closest EO I could find that had ANYthing to do with the subject she'd introduced...

...withOUT providing any specifics or any citations when making the claim...

According to The New Rules, because my font's bigger, bolder, AND brighter, I am *righter*.

tongue2

whoa

This is what fleta said:

Yes, it's genius. It's the new As The World Turns soap. But you have to admit, those exec. orders were padded into taking away all of our rights, even in peace times. Even took away each states right to gather their own state guard. The national guard will be in place if HE so deems.

In your reply to her, you said the following:

As to the claim that the Coast Guard is no longer under States' control and reports directly to the POTUS, that not true.

Now, where in fleta's above-quoted statement did she say "Coast Guard"?

*AHEM*

(For the third time, now) Fleta didn't say "Coast Guard"; she said "state guard" and "national guard" when making her presented-as-fact statement that President Obama had issued EOs which have stripped us of all of our rights, and used the placing of "state guards" under POTUS' authority as an example,

She DID NOT include a reference to THE Executive Order which did this, leaving ME (or any other reader) to sift through President Obama's 191 EOs issued thus far TO find the one to whence she referred.

EO13529 was the closest one I could find which appeared to address what fleta had mentioned; EO13529 specifically referred to the "Coast Guard". Because I am NOT The Person in Charge of Everything, I had nothing to do with the wording of EO13529 which appeared to be the only Executive Order out of the 191 which DID address the concern fleta had raised.

Public Note: Your difficulty seeing the screen with bifocals does NOT seem to impair your ability to accurately read what fleta types while being unable to accurately read what I type,

even though BOTH of us have been using the same font size and color when making our posts.

Nice try, though. winking

mrld_ii's photo
Fri 11/07/14 01:45 PM
@ tomakea:

winking

Let's keep that our little secret, 'kay?

Some people 'round here don't take too kindly to people taking too kindly to me, 'round here.

biggrin

mrld_ii's photo
Fri 11/07/14 01:37 PM

Only if Mr. Saturday Night Fever is still going strong when Mr. Sunday Afternoon Delight shows up!

You go, girl...accepting a date with someone is NOT "exclusively dating" and therefore holds no guarantee of exclusivity. If a man wants exclusive rights, he needs to be exclusive material.

drinks

mrld_ii's photo
Fri 11/07/14 12:33 PM

Noodling has two meanings; one is a fishing method and the other is to improvise on a musical instrument.

Oh. A musical instrument.

Scratch my previous post, then. :angel:

mrld_ii's photo
Fri 11/07/14 12:27 PM
Perhaps your definition of "a good guy" (i.e., fun to drink with, watch sports with, pick up chicks with) doesn't correlate with what *females* think "a good guy" is?

Just a thought for ya!

drinks

mrld_ii's photo
Fri 11/07/14 12:20 PM

Are we going to the drive-thru? Cool! I'll take a pastrami with extra mustard and pickles, onion rings and one of those orange whippy things to drink.

Thanks!

Extra bacon on that?

mrld_ii's photo
Fri 11/07/14 12:19 PM

5 days and you haven't got a girlfriend yet!...

Ummmm...OP specifically said the site promised him a girlfriend within 30 seconds.

After five days of patiently waiting, the site now owes him 432,000 girlfriends.

Some of these wenches had better step up and start delivering on the promised goods...that's all I have to say.

~hrrrrumph~

mrld_ii's photo
Fri 11/07/14 11:44 AM

...My ex doesn't know I'm even on this site. Is it shady for me to be here, and is it shady that she doesn't know?

Your opinions please.

Nope and nope.

In the immortal words of Ross:

drinks