Community > Posts By > mrld_ii

mrld_ii's photo
Wed 11/05/14 09:25 PM
Paunches are now perfectly acceptable on us older women, too, these days???

Who knew?!?

Another pint of Ben and Jerry's Chocolate Fudge Brownie ice cream for me, it IS, then!!!

:thumbsup:

mrld_ii's photo
Wed 11/05/14 09:22 PM

Maybe my problem has more to do with confidence than anything else.

Nahhhh...typically, while online, men prefer women with little or no confidence;

you'd only have a 'problem with confidence' if, as a woman, you WERE sure of yourself and who and what you are, while online.

TRUST me on that one!!!

:laughing:

mrld_ii's photo
Wed 11/05/14 09:14 PM

rofl

Getafterese....With an emphasis on an economy of words.

Is "Getafterese" what most people in Kansas speak, as opposed to English...hence the difference in colloquialisms in the two different languages?

mrld_ii's photo
Wed 11/05/14 09:05 PM

When I am "GETTING AFTER" what I want by communicating as clear and concise as I can , and feel I'm not being communicated back with, I get gone. (Perhaps I should not assume that most people understand general colloquialisms however.)

In English, the colloquialism "get after":

"to bother someone about doing something; to scold someone about something. 'I will get after Fred about his behavior.' 'Please don't get after me all the time.'

'get after somebody': to criticize what someone does; 'I get after my mother about what she eats because I really love her.' "

From McGraw-Hill Dictionary of American Idioms and Phrasal Verbs. � 2002 by The McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc.

Sorry...English is the one-and-only language I speak, so when I saw "get after", I immediately thought of the English colloquialism for the phrase.

I didn't realize "get after" means something else in your native tongue.

drinks

What IS your native language, anyway?

mrld_ii's photo
Wed 11/05/14 08:50 PM
OP, if you'll cruise around the forums, you'll soon discover there's a LOT of people who "don't really know how to talk to people",

but they don't let that stop them. winking

Just dive right in!!! drinks

mrld_ii's photo
Wed 11/05/14 08:44 PM
<--- Not "looking for"; "open to".

There's a world of difference between the two.

drinks

mrld_ii's photo
Wed 11/05/14 08:42 PM

frustrated frustrated frustrated
Lol okaaaay,I guess you guys are right,but you mlrd,I would ask your opinion on anything lol,most times you seem to be ahead,lol but you ain't always going to be right lol!think flowerforyou flowerforyou drinker

Oh, I'm *always* "smart" and "right" when I write things that one agrees with.

I'm only "stupid" and "wrong" when I write something that one DISagrees with.

As I stated earlier, as with most things in life, it's all about one's point-of-view, yanno?

mrld_ii's photo
Wed 11/05/14 08:19 PM

I get after what I want...

Was this a Freudian...or a typo?

Did you mean "I go after what I want..." or did you truly mean to *say* "I get after what I want..."

"Go after" suggests a confidence and desire and the ability TO get it done...

"Get after" suggests a yapping little ankle biter who won't take "No" for an answer.

what

mrld_ii's photo
Wed 11/05/14 07:54 PM

oh, I see whoa

,,,,not the right audience,,,

Right audience, but not the responses you were wanting?

no , not the objectivity ,, just immediate defensiveness,,,

but its all good,,flowerforyou

I actually READ the article and I'm not seeing the "defensiveness" nor understanding your defensiveness ABOUT perceived "defensiveness" in others. To his points in the article, numbered as he did:

1. The author, himself, indicated it was 'cool' to be a part of the majority, for once...suggesting he understands better how whites in the U.S. feel and *operate*...and that it's NOT necessarily borne out of an innate maliciousness.

2. Common sense dictates that how 'slavery' museums and tourist spots are viewed in Africa (in a majority black population) would be vastly different than how such *attractions* would be viewed here, in the U.S. Depending on who created it, who ran it, and who funded it, it would be automatically suspect.

3. Though 4th-generation U.S. born, I'm of German-Irish (and a whole bunch of other stocks thrown in) descent; someday, I'd like to visit Ireland (the ONLY foreign country I'd like to go to), simply because it IS part of my heritage. Even though it's in MY blood, where my ancestors were born / how they lived / what trials and tribulations THEY faced does NOT affect my life, today. It's simply a part of my waaaay distant heritage. Guess what? Just about every single person living in the U.S. today, regardless of their skin color, can say the same thing; this is NOT a uniquely-black phenomenon.

4. Oppression of blacks (as well as oppression of ANY peoples) IS an international concern...and, again, it is NOT unique to the U.S. nor unique to white people; as the author, himself, points out, blacks in Africa are oppressing OTHER blacks in Africa because of Ebola (and because of status, and due to money, and due to one's station-in-life, etc.). When enough people are gathered together, fighting over the same resources, they will *naturally* begin to segregate and create "better-thans" and "less-thans" to *better* control capital AND those resources.

5. ALL people residing in the U.S. (unless they are of Native American descent) *suffer* from diaspora; again, it is NOT a uniquely-black *burden*.

In this day and age of technology and globalization (which the author, himself, gives a nod to), this constant need to separate one's people FROM the whole, as somehow different and/or uniquely blessed OR uniquely burdened, IS becoming hackneyed, outdated, and outmoded,

"whether we like it or not."

Best of luck to you...drinks

mrld_ii's photo
Wed 11/05/14 07:21 PM

The [majority of] citizens had spoken in 2008 when they elected Obama as POTUS; most of you disavowed THAT majority voice, then.

The [majority of] citizens had spoken in 2012 when the re-elected Obama as POTUS; most of you disavowed THAT majority voice, then.

Why is the [majority of] citizens who have spoken in 2014 suddenly carrying more validity and weight than the voice of the [majority of] citizens, then?

Is the majority voice more *right*, THIS time?!? what

Majority, what difference does it make, do you think this is a democracy?

Scraping bottom TO find something to *argue* with ME about?

Whether it's a democracy or not and/or however "a majority" is defined, it's still the same governmental system in place and the same "majority" as who spoke in 2008 and 2012,

ergo, it carries the same level of "validity"...NOW and THEN - no more, no less.

Enjoy your one-way *debate*. yawn

mrld_ii's photo
Wed 11/05/14 07:15 PM

What's your point? That the political pendulum swings back and forth in response to the problems within the government, rather than actually fixing any of 'em?

Wonder why that would be? Gotta mirror?

Yes, I do have a mirror...a few, as a matter of fact. One in each of my bathrooms, a full-length mirror in my bedroom, AND a hand-held mirror in my personal bath, for applying makeup upclose-and-personal-like, thanksforasking.

Oh, but to your passive-aggressive attempted *point*, not only am I NOT The Person in Charge of Everything, I'm also not a politician; I don't run for elected office. You - like others - have confused me for someone/something I am not.

Factually-speaking, of course. drinks

Perhaps the confusion is not with others.

Well, "perhaps" not. But, since I am the only one who has to repeatedly remind you confused souls that "I am NOT The Person in Charge of Everything" when one of you mistakes me FOR That Person (as YOU did with your directed-my-way "Gotta mirror?")

factually-speaking (and in black-and-white, even!), obviously "the confusion" IS NOT self-created nor self-driven.

mrld_ii's photo
Wed 11/05/14 07:01 PM
Probably out of their stated preferred age-range...or, something about you is out of their preferences (location too far away? smoker? etc.?)...or, they've indicated "no intimate encounters", etc.

Something stated in YOUR profile isn't meshing with what they've said THEY are looking for...

drinks

mrld_ii's photo
Wed 11/05/14 06:54 PM
I can play THE riff for "Smoke on the Water".

Taught myself, and EVERYthing. biggrin

mrld_ii's photo
Wed 11/05/14 06:50 PM
Well, thank you everybody for all your help. ~hrrrrumph~

Through week #9 in the NFL, my fantasy team is 3-6-0, though I do (currently) hold the record for the most # of points scored in a single week. Knocked my son out of THAT title, the very next week after he'd taken it. The very NEXT week, he took the title for the fewest points scored.

I've yet to win a weekly Pick 'Em pool...one week's win will pay for my whole season's buy-in, dammit. Apparently, to even be in it, you can incorrectly pick AT MOST 2 games per week...the closest I've come is 3 incorrect.

BUTTTTTTTT...in the Last Man Standing, which is worth 775 big ones to The Winner, I am one of 4 remaining, with only 1 strike (2 strikes, you're out). Out of the four of us remaining, 3 of us are in the same boat...only 1 person has 0 strikes so far.

I took Denver this week (playing in Oakland); it looks like most people in these types of pools are taking Baltimore...so MAYBE a couple of more can get knocked out?!?

Mama needs new shoes...

mrld_ii's photo
Wed 11/05/14 06:38 PM
I :heart: Microsoft's Eric Michelman.

He invented the first scrolling mouse.

mrld_ii's photo
Wed 11/05/14 06:23 PM
frustrated frustrated frustrated

mrld_ii's photo
Wed 11/05/14 04:58 PM

And you guys may be right,but I've seen women that are naturally quiet,real laid back ,"lady like"act da fool when a nothing......well female mess with her dude ,ya know what I mean lol?scared

There are also females that can get jealous of their friends when the friend is in a happy loving relationship but not them....some would go to any extent to destroy their friends relationship just coz seeing their friends happy and in love does not make them happy and advising and always influencing the friend to do things that would destroy the relationship ...

I speak from Experience

I've had similar experiences: my first husband had male friends and family members who were 'jealous' of his relationship with me; my next LTR had male friends who missed his *playa* ways when going out and hitting on women once he settled down with me; my last LTR's brothers were ALL jealous of our relationship, especially when their marriages began disintegrating.

MY empirical data has NOT allowed me to draw the irrefutable conclusion, "Ergo, [all] men are."

Again, it's all based on one's point of view; it's best to keep it IN its perspective.

drinks

mrld_ii's photo
Wed 11/05/14 04:57 PM

I believe heterosexual men will believe heterosexual women are the most jealous, as that's who they have had the most [bad] experiences with. I believe heterosexual women will believe heterosexual men are the most jealous, as that's who they've had the most [bad] experiences with.

Likewise for gay men with other gay men and lesbians with lesbians.

Like most things in life, it's all about one's point of view...which is NEVER The Definitive Answer to All Things.

drinks

Lol sorry I didn't made it clear,but I'm talking strictly about "straight people"!:wink:

Regardless of what you're talking about, it doesn't change the response I'd written;

people will believe that whoever it is THEY deal with the most, most intimately, are the ones *most* guilty of whatever the *bad* behavior/trait is.

'Tis human nature.

drinks

P.S. You DID ask us what WE think, riiiiight? Or, is my browser acting up, again?

spock

Lol yeah but just saying I'm talking about normal relationship,if its gay it's going to have 2 of the same sexes,but I appreciate the response anyway!drinks

Which, since by your own admission, gay relationships are made up of two of the same sex...

...it PROVES that 'jealousy' is NOT a gender-based trait, which completely destroys the argument you're trying to make.

Oh. I see.

~Carry on~

oops

mrld_ii's photo
Wed 11/05/14 04:45 PM

I believe heterosexual men will believe heterosexual women are the most jealous, as that's who they have had the most [bad] experiences with. I believe heterosexual women will believe heterosexual men are the most jealous, as that's who they've had the most [bad] experiences with.

Likewise for gay men with other gay men and lesbians with lesbians.

Like most things in life, it's all about one's point of view...which is NEVER The Definitive Answer to All Things.

drinks

Lol sorry I didn't made it clear,but I'm talking strictly about "straight people"!:wink:

Regardless of what you're talking about, it doesn't change the response I'd written;

people will believe that whoever it is THEY deal with the most, most intimately, are the ones *most* guilty of whatever the *bad* behavior/trait is.

'Tis human nature.

drinks

P.S. You DID ask us what WE think, riiiiight? Or, is my browser acting up, again?

spock

mrld_ii's photo
Wed 11/05/14 04:43 PM

well there is a whole list:

Pink
Fleta
Blondey
Mekay
Lars'
CrystalFairy
mrld_ii
lu_rosemary

just to name a few

Oh, my!!! I missed a thread in which I was mentioned in a positive light?!?

Awwww, thank you, green!!! Rightbackatcha!!!