Community > Posts By > mrld_ii

mrld_ii's photo
Thu 11/06/14 04:47 PM
Hmmmm...you guys say "a drunk wench" like it's a bad thing or sumpin'-sumpin'.

mrld_ii's photo
Thu 11/06/14 03:05 PM
*hic*...Nope, no...*hic*...rum here...*hic*

mrld_ii's photo
Thu 11/06/14 02:43 PM

Does this mean it's ripe for a hijack?

Hmmmmm....

Has anyone else noticed a new-ish poster asking pointed questions? Things like your significant other, your real age, your real location, your nickname?

That list of questions reads like the information needed to hack your accounts and steal your identity/money. Just my observations, doesn't mean it's really true. But, if it walks like a duck, makes sounds like a duck and leaves little "bits" on the carpet... you get the idea.

NEVER give out real personal information in a public thread/forum, particularly one known to be frequented by those types of operators. Even in PM, do not divulge too much information, particularly sensitive information. Do not volunteer those critical pieces of data until well after you have met/are dating/moving to a relationship.

They will not make a 'relationship', just make you broke.

*CRAP*...I haven't noticed.

Perhaps that newish-poster has me blocked, just like this wench-of-a-poster "mlrd" that I've been reading so much about, but have never seen.

Either that, or my new-found scrolling skills are now operating in overdrive. biggrin

mrld_ii's photo
Thu 11/06/14 02:41 PM

Thank you for noticing - and taking special exception to - MY posted REply on this open-to-all discussion board.

huh I responded to a post made by a member.
My response would have been the same no matter who that member was.

Nahhhh...you had six other people responding within your thread, and you didn't pay them a whit of difference...skipped right passed the six of them, to *get at* me a second time, as a matter of fact.

Factually-speaking, of course.

drinks

mrld_ii's photo
Thu 11/06/14 11:15 AM
~double swoon~

mrld_ii's photo
Thu 11/06/14 10:34 AM
That's a lot of stuff to address, so I'm only going to comment on the "50+ Year-old [Self-induced/Forced] Isolation" aspect of it.

It's natural that it would be harder to meet others as we get older; while school-aged, it was EASY to meet people: we were surrounded by single, same-aged, all-sharing-the-same-goals-and-activities people, all day long.

We move on to college, and it's pretty much the same. Then, we graduate and go our separate ways, meeting new people (with a common cause) where we work, spending our free time with other people with free time (mostly singles) and we pair up. We then begin building a life, raising children, attending their school/sports functions...all with similarly-minded people, at the same point in our lives.

Then, we divorce/separate. We retire. We move. At 50+, we find ourselves in A New Place, literally and/or figuratively. And none of the old built-in avenues for meeting similarly-minded, similarly-aged, similarly-living people exist.

And, we never learned A New Way TO meet people.

You're 50+, *alone*, and in a new place. You're going to HAVE to find a new way to meet real people, in real life. What interests you? Take a class in it at the local college, join a club for it, search your local Meet-up site for the activity...~voila~...access to others who are similarly-minded, who WILL be a good match for you

or know someone who IS.

"Forced isolation" is a choice...and one that we re-choose every single minute of every single day we find *good* reasons
why It Just Is.

Best of luck to you...drinks

mrld_ii's photo
Thu 11/06/14 10:18 AM
Heigh!!! waving

mrld_ii's photo
Thu 11/06/14 10:07 AM

Are you kidding me navygirl?Like seriously,you "rarely agree"with me,?Like seriously?whoa I'm right all the time,surprised ,weeelll except for when I'm talking to mlrd,she kinda gives me a hard time,but some times I'm right too,but she's normally a "little"ahead of me!:angel: bigsmile

laugh

Whotheheck is this "mlrd" I keep reading all about?!? I wanna *meet* her!!!

*GASP* Has she got me blocked?!? sad

:laughing:

mrld_ii's photo
Thu 11/06/14 10:04 AM
Actually, my questions have already been answered, resoundingly.

The answers were found in the gaping silences and repeated quoting of my questions, to deliberately NOT address them but to instead raise other *issues*.

In any event, my point's been made, so there's no need for me to continue to kick the dead elephant in the room.

drinks

mrld_ii's photo
Thu 11/06/14 09:47 AM

Not sure if this fits here, but this blog has been circulating around FB and I found it quite interesting.

http://kstreet607.com/2013/06/21/a-canadians-view-on-our-disrespect-of-president-obamas-presidency/

I read it; it's very articulate and makes very valid points.

I've stated numerous times that in my 36 years as a voting adult, I refuse to current-POTUS bash, regardless of their party.

While I realize it's my Constitutional and SCOTUS'-sanctioned right TO do so, I also refuse to do anything disrespectful to the U.S. flag - ANother symbol of US and U.S.

Sad that someone who doesn't have a vested interest in the outcome gets it, when so many of US and U.S. who DO,

don't.

Thanks for sharing it.

drinks

mrld_ii's photo
Thu 11/06/14 09:42 AM

The [majority of] citizens had spoken in 2008 when they elected Obama as POTUS; most of you disavowed THAT majority voice, then.

The [majority of] citizens had spoken in 2012 when the re-elected Obama as POTUS; most of you disavowed THAT majority voice, then.

Why is the [majority of] citizens who have spoken in 2014 suddenly carrying more validity and weight than the voice of the [majority of] citizens, then?

Is the majority voice more *right*, THIS time?!? what

I find midterm elections more telling than presidential. Different states and different candidates. Didn't we just have the biggest swing during his time in off in the past 65 years?

Don't know if it's the biggest swing, but it IS the largest Republican segment in Congress since WWII.

But, again, I ask (and, again, everyone ignores): since the citizens have now spoken and 'made a statement',

what about the statement made in 2008 and especially in 2012 that so many of you were so willing to ignore? Why does THIS "the citizens have spoken" carry more weight/validity than when "the citizens [had] spoken" back then?

They're honest and valid questions...feel free to squirm in your seats as much as you like, but they DO (eventually) deserve honest and valid answers.

drinks

eh, pretty much all electronic voting can be hacked, captured while it goes over the internet. So basically you can count all those votes as fraud.

https://firstlook.org/theintercept/2014/11/03/alaska-election-nightmare/

Maybe ^^^she can answer your question...

Oh.

So, the 2014 midterm election results, in which the conservatives/Republicans assumed majority control of Congress, were as fraudulent as the 2008 and 2012 general elections.

Got it. So, these results are to be as dismissed as those results.

Thank you for the honest and valid reply.

drinks

mrld_ii's photo
Thu 11/06/14 08:01 AM
This site is where we go to get a bored wedding?!?

mrld_ii's photo
Thu 11/06/14 08:00 AM

...Rule 5:
...women always think they r smatter dan men...

This - given all the rest of the not-quite-ready-for-prime-time-Ebonics -

was just *weigh 2 preshus*.

Thank you for your wise words, and...good luck *wit dat*!!! :thumbsup:

mrld_ii's photo
Thu 11/06/14 07:39 AM

Round here we welcome all types of communication skills...That's cause we're super smart and we're not bein graded!...

Oh. Apparently, Professor BeachSpeak WAS grading class, as it was he who introduced the lesson that he used "getting at" as an English language colloquialism.

Danged Mr. Merriam and Mr. Webster...making people who actually understand the books they've written so "smart" and virtually such a pain in the arse for others while communicating online utilizing the written word.

whoa

mrld_ii's photo
Thu 11/06/14 07:29 AM

The [majority of] citizens had spoken in 2008 when they elected Obama as POTUS; most of you disavowed THAT majority voice, then.

The [majority of] citizens had spoken in 2012 when the re-elected Obama as POTUS; most of you disavowed THAT majority voice, then.

Why is the [majority of] citizens who have spoken in 2014 suddenly carrying more validity and weight than the voice of the [majority of] citizens, then?

Is the majority voice more *right*, THIS time?!? what

I find midterm elections more telling than presidential. Different states and different candidates. Didn't we just have the biggest swing during his time in off in the past 65 years?

Don't know if it's the biggest swing, but it IS the largest Republican segment in Congress since WWII.

But, again, I ask (and, again, everyone ignores): since the citizens have now spoken and 'made a statement',

what about the statement made in 2008 and especially in 2012 that so many of you were so willing to ignore? Why does THIS "the citizens have spoken" carry more weight/validity than when "the citizens [had] spoken" back then?

They're honest and valid questions...feel free to squirm in your seats as much as you like, but they DO (eventually) deserve honest and valid answers.

drinks

mrld_ii's photo
Thu 11/06/14 07:18 AM

Paunches are now perfectly acceptable on us older women, too, these days???

Who knew?!?

Another pint of Ben and Jerry's Chocolate Fudge Brownie ice cream for me, it IS, then!!!

:thumbsup:

Are you saying they were previously only accepted on the young before. What a strange nation you must be.

Nahhhh...I'm not *saying* that, at all.

Someone in the thread mentioned that older women should be "as fit" as older men are, thus giving US the green light to develop paunches, too. THAT'S what I wrote.

A "strange nation"? Nahhhh...only about half of the US is "strange", but the condition appears to NOT be confined to our boundaries.

Thanks for noticing my post!!! waving

mrld_ii's photo
Wed 11/05/14 10:10 PM

Actually, when it comes down to it I'm very firm about my needs and boundaries. It's started some "fights" but there's a block button for a reason.

drinks

Apparently, the "scroll" button was created for much the same reason as the "block" button was.

mrld_ii's photo
Wed 11/05/14 09:47 PM
I'm *known* for *causing* online "escalations".

It's a talent, really.

:angel:

mrld_ii's photo
Wed 11/05/14 09:38 PM
Edited by mrld_ii on Wed 11/05/14 09:40 PM

Maybe my problem has more to do with confidence than anything else.

Nahhhh...typically, while online, men prefer women with little or no confidence;

you'd only have a 'problem with confidence' if, as a woman, you WERE sure of yourself and who and what you are, while online.

TRUST me on that one!!!

:laughing:

I prefer a woman with confidence, so to say that men prefer one without, is inaccurate. The men your talking about may, or do have control issues.

There is a difference in having confidence and being over confident.

But that's NOT what I said...nor even what I wrote.

I DID type "typically", "while online", and "little or no"...three very important qualifiers, which change completely what you believe you saw me say...or type.

It is FROM my online and public *conversations* with men, while in the forums, that I'm able to make MY observation, from my point of view.

Is there someone else's point of view you'd like me to use while making my future posts?

My money's on you'll be further assisting me in better proving my point than I was already able to do, all on my own.

winking

mrld_ii's photo
Wed 11/05/14 09:32 PM

What is noodling? lolblushing

Actually the first time I heard the term was from my band master. It means to improvise or play a musical instrument casually.

Oh.

In that case, I've been known to "noodle" an instrument, when my heart's not really been in it.

Most times, I prefer to play an instrument with great flair, fervor, and enthusiasm, though.